DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Bridge 2.0 a 2nd sound card/ interface??

Chuck Taylor 4:58 PM - 16 September, 2013
Hey guys just got ableton 9 suit and i read up on Razy's guide on the bridge and SSL its very helpul so thanks...im now a lil confused though ... why do we need another sound card/ interface with the bridge 2.0 to output sound I dont get that can someone explane? ....

Not sure if this counts for anything but im currently using a SSL 1 And plan to update to a rane 62 in the near future

Thanks in advance to all the help
Dj Nyce 6:10 PM - 16 September, 2013
the bridge 2.0 is advanced method of using ssl and the bridge.

-it allows you to play ableton live through a second audio interface instead of your ssl device
-allows you to still sync ableton live to scratch live
-allows you to create clips by being able to record from each deck
-and allows you to use ableton live effects on each deck
Chuck Taylor 7:05 AM - 17 September, 2013
thank you Again

I do have www.behringer.com Running with all my gear connected + studio monitors

is there a way to run abeton through it for those features above ? its not usb powered tho

if not lucky for me I do A M Audio interface like this www.philrees.co.uk I have never used should work fine if worst comes to worst
Chuck Taylor 9:05 AM - 17 September, 2013
OK Trash what I just said about the M audio sound card interface working it does not work with ableton says BS about the sample rate not being supported and check sync in control panel i googled it and found out it a known issue with some M audio interfaces

pc issue i cant test in on mac coz i don't have one at the moment

anyone know how to fix it ???? ill stay away from M audio from now on any other good interfaces out there that work with both ableton and SSL

With the option of both AC power or usb

thanks
Chuck Taylor 4:01 AM - 18 September, 2013
all sorted guys bought a new sound card

cheers
djtbone 3:22 PM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
the bridge 2.0 is advanced method of using ssl and the bridge.

-it allows you to play ableton live through a second audio interface instead of your ssl device
-allows you to still sync ableton live to scratch live
-allows you to create clips by being able to record from each deck
-and allows you to use ableton live effects on each deck

How do you use the Ableton live effects on the decks?