DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Gapped Bridge for ITCH or Bridging the gap for ITCH???

Pneumo 5:12 PM - 15 July, 2013

The Bridge
Support

" Due to other ongoing product development by both Ableton and Serato, The Bridge for ITCH will not be available. "
I think the decision to not pursue making Bridge for ITCH/DJ is actually a bad one. If there isn't already I can almost certainly guarantee a continued growth in the market for new DJ's/Beginners on a Budget to invest in the much lower cost involved with DJing using a software + Controller style than buying an integrated mixer and CDJ's let alone Turntables. That being said, I own both SL1 and ITCH and I think there are many folks out there in this predicament who've invested a fair amount of cash and want the ability to utilize this functionality. The sad fact is we're left to toss our gear to the curb, waiting to be picked up by the garbage fairy with no hopes of finding some money in exchange. is this planned obselence or just a jerk move?? I hope neither. Let me be clear, a lot more people need to speak up about a need for this if something will ever come to fruition. Our current hardware setup ITCH/Dj should also get the same fader/EQ automation recording functionality as the current DJ mixers that utilize Serato's software.

I really hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears....
Code:E 7:23 PM - 15 July, 2013
Lets beat the horse some more.

I'm not actually mad you posting this. I want to see more people requesting. But a lot of what you are saying is not worth mentioning.

You could have just started you really think the Mix tape feature of the bridge should be implemented into Serato DJ. Itch is a dead software with no more support so bringing it up is useless. Asking people to speak up is the right thing todo. But say you need to toss out your gear is just the kind of talk that makes people stop reading your post.
Pneumo 7:21 PM - 16 August, 2013
2nd Chance at a first impression......

I propose since everyone using a controller is migrating to Serato DJ let's all speak up on behalf of what would most benefit the current user base and push for Bridge to be implimented with both current and new controllers to have the "Mix tape feature (fader/EQ automation recording functionality)". Now who's with me?!?!
Mutis Mayfield 4:20 PM - 29 October, 2013
So...
Do you need to get the session view inserted into your Serato Dj frontend or only mixtape features?

Make a "bridge" for ableton live is not so difficult nowadays...
- Map your controller with remote scripts
- Link Serato Dj and Ableton with something like soundflower

The only issue I can see (point me any I miss please) is the nature of Serato about midi and hi-jack the port/signal without midi out cappabilities... But then, I recomend you Deckadance as Vst inside Ableton.

If you want total control of Ableton, then you must code harder (in maxmsp/maxforlive if you want my opinion) and then create your own.

I'm starting thinking there will be some users interested in this but... Maybe it is in the roadmap for Serato Dj!

Who knows? (I just don't care anymore...)
The Despicable Nyan Cat 9:08 PM - 2 May, 2014
Quote:
Gapped Bridge for ITCH or Bridging the gap for ITCH???

hah