Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

MIDI Output Lighting for Scratch Live

11:00 PM, 14 Jul 2013
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
gcastro723 11:59 PM - 14 July, 2013
It'd be swell if you could provide us DJM-T1 (The mixer, not the controller) preset...
tAbLiSt33 12:36 AM - 15 July, 2013
BadAss! Thanks!!!
eliseedj 4:46 AM - 15 July, 2013
Happy To See This! I Want One For My Denon DNS-3700 :D
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:28 AM - 15 July, 2013
Hey guys,

We don't have plans to make mapping for either of those controllers, but you know you can map it the way you want by using the MIDI mapping in Scratch Live already right? serato.com
mtk121 6:46 PM - 15 July, 2013
Will the midi output lighting work for the Denon dns3700's?
mtk121 8:28 PM - 15 July, 2013
Does the midi output lighting work with the Denon dns3700?
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:53 AM - 16 July, 2013
Yes, it will work for any MIDI Controller that has LED lighting. Try it out and see! Its mainly useful for any features that are toggle on/off.
DJ TooHypE 2:51 PM - 16 July, 2013
What about the Akai APC40??

Will you all add this in the future?? Thanks

serato.com
dj aftashok1 4:36 PM - 16 July, 2013
works pretty good, mapped out my american audio 10MXR and now the lights are working for cue points/shift button. thanks!
Johnny.S 7:19 PM - 16 July, 2013
looking for the Kontrol x1
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:05 PM - 16 July, 2013
Quote:

No plans at this stage to make a mapping for that, but I am sure there are ones out there. LIke I said though, this feature and MIDI mapping in general gives you the power to do it the way you want to.

There is a new area on the forum where users are sharing MIDI presets: serato.com check it out!
Francisco D 3:55 AM - 17 July, 2013
Quote:

serato.com

Yes!! We need this one please. Specially to light up the buttons.
gcastro723 2:50 AM - 18 July, 2013
Quote:
Hey guys,

We don't have plans to make mapping for either of those controllers, but you know you can map it the way you want by using the MIDI mapping in Scratch Live already right? serato.com

Yes but unfortunately the lighting does not work properly. I have read on the forums that the controls need to send out midi notes, not CC. There is no way for me to change this on a Pioneer DJM-T1, the setup utility does not have an option to do so.
DJ-SHUFFLE 8:47 PM - 18 July, 2013
Dont work for my vci-300
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:31 PM - 18 July, 2013
Which buttons on the VCI-300 did you map to which feature in Scratch Live?
Logisticalstyles 1:29 PM - 20 July, 2013
I used the preset on my Denon HC-1000S and the only light sthat light up are the page 1 settings.
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:59 AM - 22 July, 2013
Unfortunately the MIDI output lighting feature does not work on other layers :(
dj mick 1:59 PM - 22 July, 2013
Quote:
looking for the Kontrol x1

yes!!! MILLIONS of SERATO USERS use KONTROL X1.
simonak 6:02 PM - 22 July, 2013
Is there any guides available to edit the preset, ive just tried doing my own mapping to the launchpad and im unable to control what lights are where and how they act?
for instance how to i add the delete cue point button?
djballistic 7:21 PM - 22 July, 2013
Off topic but have to ask , any plans to branch out to pioneer mixers with serato built in . Love rane but would be a needed change
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:06 PM - 22 July, 2013
Quote:
Is there any guides available to edit the preset, ive just tried doing my own mapping to the launchpad and im unable to control what lights are where and how they act?
for instance how to i add the delete cue point button?

Best place to get started would be here: serato.com

If you want to start to get technical: serato.com
DJ Guirraiz 1:09 AM - 23 July, 2013
when I check the "enable MIDI output Lighting" the launchpad do not work correctly. When I click on pad in launchpad it repeat function and don't stop. When I un-check "enable MIDI output Lighting" it's stop repeat but the lights no change.
Thank's
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:25 AM - 23 July, 2013
Hey DJ Guiarraiz,

Is then when using the Launchpad mappings available on the website for download? Or mapping it yourself?
DJ Guirraiz 11:27 AM - 23 July, 2013
Hi Martin C,

I'm using the Launchpad mappings from website.
djqwiz25 10:21 PM - 23 July, 2013
Lovin' it LEDs work on the DJM T1.
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:01 AM - 24 July, 2013
Hey DJ Guirraiz,

There may be something else going on there with your Launchpad. I have double checked with the controller + mapping myself and didn't experiencing any issues.

It might be worth doing a bit of troubleshooting to see if your Launchpad is actually sending multiple messages when it shouldn't. You can a MIDI monitoring programs to see this kind of information: serato.com

Beyond that, I highly recommend you start a separate help request detailing other information about your issue so someone can assist you further :)
DJ TooHypE 3:18 PM - 24 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

No plans at this stage to make a mapping for that, but I am sure there are ones out there. LIke I said though, this feature and MIDI mapping in general gives you the power to do it the way you want to.

There is a new area on the forum where users are sharing MIDI presets: serato.com check it out!

=( thou having a preset one directly from you all would be amazing would be less hassle because atleast it's your software. Would saying please help =? ha ha lol
chiongjac 2:35 PM - 25 July, 2013
so when does midi lighting work with serato dj? or its just a scratch thing?
Deeno 3:01 PM - 25 July, 2013
hello,
is there a way to use a Novation Launchpad for Scratch Live AND Ableton (the Bridge)? For example, I have the Ableton preset on "session" and the Scratch Live presets on "User1"?
Many Thanks =)
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:09 PM - 25 July, 2013
Quote:
so when does midi lighting work with serato dj? or its just a scratch thing?

Something we are planning to implement in an update.

Quote:
hello,
is there a way to use a Novation Launchpad for Scratch Live AND Ableton (the Bridge)? For example, I have the Ableton preset on "session" and the Scratch Live presets on "User1"?
Many Thanks =)

It entirely depends on how you mapped it. If the Launchpad is mapped to Ableton Live, then thats entirely separate and will use Abletons own MIDI system. If you are mapping it to features that CONTROL Ableton Live WITHIN Scratch Live then thats a little different.

Its a bit much to get into on this blog post though, so like I said above, its probably best that you create a help request if need further assistance with something :)
Djbillybee 2:51 AM - 26 July, 2013
I can't wait to get my lights to work on my MC6000!!
Deeno 11:53 AM - 26 July, 2013
It doesn't really work well. It overlaps much. maybe soon there comes Preset for Scratchlive AND the bridge?
Or how it is that I can create with 2 different surfaces a preset? for example user1 for SL and User2 for the bridge.
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:51 AM - 28 July, 2013
Sorry Deeno I am not really understand your problem based on what you have explained, or to be more precise I don't understand what you are trying to achieve.

Might I suggest you create a help request here: serato.com so that you can get some individual assistance? It will be better than trying to sort it out here.
DJGator 4:13 PM - 28 July, 2013
Quote:

hey Martin C i own the pioneer DJM-T1 mixer and i want the leds to turn on /off when pressed. for example fx on button stays let on mixer regardless of fx on or off.
gcastro723 10:35 PM - 28 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

hey Martin C i own the pioneer DJM-T1 mixer and i want the leds to turn on /off when pressed. for example fx on button stays let on mixer regardless of fx on or off.

serato.com

See my post bro... I have included a mapper, download the file towards the botttom of the page
DJGator 10:48 PM - 28 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
serato.com my post bro... I have included a mapper, download the file towards the botttom of the page

Thanks buddy ill check it out in the morning when I get off work i see it had the delete hot cue mod I tried using it like the serato tutor described but with no luck.
gcastro723 10:49 PM - 28 July, 2013
Quote:

Thanks buddy ill check it out in the morning when I get off work i see it had the delete hot cue mod I tried using it like the serato tutor described but with no luck.

has it all bro.
DJGator 11:11 PM - 28 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
has it all bro.

Watching your video as I'm writing this message
DJGator 11:28 PM - 28 July, 2013
Unfortunately I like how my mappings is setup in regards to the sampler and fx my only problem was the lights staying lit a shift and hot cue buttons only replaced hot cues but didnt delete it.

I setup my fort knobs on my fx to adjust the dry/wet of the effect in use and in regards to the sampler I use 3 on each side and the 4th buttons were used to change banks back in forth from A and B banks. I also use the sync buttons to open and close a crate and fx 1 and fx 2 buttons to skip back and forward between tracks.
DJGator 11:34 PM - 28 July, 2013
Quote:
Unfortunately I like how my mappings is setup in regards to the sampler and fx my only problem was the lights staying lit a shift and hot cue buttons only replaced hot cues but didnt delete it.

I setup my fort knobs on my fx to adjust the dry/wet of the effect in use and in regards to the sampler I use 3 on each side and the 4th buttons were used to change banks back in forth from A and B banks. I also use the sync buttons to open and close a crate and fx 1 and fx 2 buttons to skip back and forward between tracks.

I will use your mapping and see if I can re map the following keys to my liking with out losing the light on/ off toggle you have.
gcastro723 11:58 PM - 28 July, 2013
I have a vid for that haha

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJGator 12:14 AM - 29 July, 2013
Quote:
I have a vid for that hahaWatchwww.youtube.com

Thanks you are the man.
DJGator 7:02 PM - 29 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I will use your mapping and see if I can re map the following keys to my liking with out losing the light on/ off toggle you have.

i placed my reworked mapping to your other djm t1 mapping post by mistake
DJZeeM 7:20 PM - 29 July, 2013
Quote:
Dont work for my vci-300

I'm pretty sure the vci-300 isn't midi controller, could be wrong though
DJ TooHypE 9:03 PM - 29 July, 2013
Thought I should point out I had recently installed SSL 2.5 and had MIDI assigned my CDJ-400's that's when I notice i was getting MIDI/Keyboard aka piano response from my computer! So I then go too MIDI in SETUP and unchecked Enable MIDI Output Lighting did the trick!! Figured too give you a heads up!! On the Pioneer CDJ-400 MIDI/HID configurations 3 MIDI buttons BUBBLE/JET - TRANS/ROLL - WAH/WAH that's available too assign.

Made a topic/article

forums.pioneerdj.com
DJ TooHypE 9:17 PM - 29 July, 2013
Might be some glitch or bug

forums.pioneerdj.com
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:58 PM - 29 July, 2013
Thanks DJ TooHypE, yes this is a bug with Windows computers.

We are still looking into a fix, so at this stage I would recommend turning down the volume on your laptop if you want to get rid of that annoying piano :)
DJ TooHypE 3:03 AM - 30 July, 2013
Quote:
Thanks DJ TooHypE, yes this is a bug with Windows computers.

We are still looking into a fix, so at this stage I would recommend turning down the volume on your laptop if you want to get rid of that annoying piano :)

Thanks em hhmm didn't think bout turning down the Volume duh =P ha ha lol

Is this a CDJ-400 firmware issue?? possibly? or something wit MIDI/HID conflicts? =? taking a guess right here lol ha
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:08 AM - 30 July, 2013
It appears it could happen with any MIDI Controller that with the right MIDI notes being sent. For some reason the MIDI output lighting feature triggers something on your computer call the Microsoft GS wavetable synth. For example, I experienced it with an Akai LPD8.

Alternatively you can disable the MIDI output lighting feature in the setup screen to prevent it happening.

Strange bug eh! Your CDJ is not the issue though, the firmware will be fine and the CDJ will be most likely operating as expected.
DJMIYAGI 5:07 PM - 5 August, 2013
Quote:
It'd be swell if you could provide us DJM-T1 (The mixer, not the controller) preset...

+1
gcastro723 12:18 AM - 6 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

+1

old post by me... I made my own mapper to share with fellow users, found here

serato.com
DJ_JABB 7:21 AM - 27 December, 2013
Quote:
Hey DJ Guirraiz,

There may be something else going on there with your Launchpad. I have double checked with the controller + mapping myself and didn't experiencing any issues.

It might be worth doing a bit of troubleshooting to see if your Launchpad is actually sending multiple messages when it shouldn't. You can a MIDI monitoring programs to see this kind of information: serato.com

Beyond that, I highly recommend you start a separate help request detailing other information about your issue so someone can assist you further :)

i have a mini but my back light is not working at all... but all the mapping and buttons work fine.. and i have it on "full power".. i just bought it new today
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:45 PM - 6 January, 2014
Hi DJ_JABB,

Can you please create a help request detailing your issue further and a technical support person will be able to help you more. Click here: serato.com

cheers :)
djdynamic2 3:05 AM - 16 January, 2014
Quote:

Quote:
gcastro723 4:45 PM - 17 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

i'm guessing you want a DJM-T1 mapping? haha. I made one, downloadable here.

serato.com

Let me know what you think on the forum
JMann 9:23 PM - 8 August, 2014
How can I get my Launch pad to light up with Serato DJ?
Is it a thing yet?
DJ DURELLI 2:25 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
How can I get my Launch pad to light up with Serato DJ?
Is it a thing yet?

+1

Just bought a DDJ-SZ and have a Novation Lauchpad and want it to be able to light up and assign Decks 3 + 4 functions to it in Serato DJ
deej prince 11:48 PM - 22 September, 2014
just bought novation launchpad
deej prince 11:51 PM - 22 September, 2014
how to dowanlod it ??
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 2:05 AM - 23 September, 2014
Quote:
how to dowanlod it ??

Hey deej prince,

You can download the performance preset from this page: serato.com
deej prince 2:09 AM - 23 September, 2014
its not showing me any downlaoads
deej prince 2:13 AM - 23 September, 2014
you can send me the link to download
deej prince 4:33 PM - 27 September, 2014
im having problems to download it
shatakaan 5:01 PM - 10 January, 2015
Hi,

i got a little problem with the output lightning with my launchpad on a thinkpad. I connected the launchpad as usual to my usb port and start ssl. Whenn i activate the output lightning i can map my buttons to the launchpad. The buttons now light up. But my laptop reacts very slow, and everytime i push one button a piano-sound apears thru my laptop speakers.

Here are my laptop specifications:
Win 7
64 bit
8GB Ram
i3 2,1 Ghz
ssd and hdd
SSL 2.5 (actual version from the website)

Any ideas

Greetz
shatakaan
DJ DURELLI 5:26 AM - 11 January, 2015
Shatakaan,

When you installed your Novation Launchpad drivers, you would've noticed that it also installed Automap Server. You will find that program will show up in your taskbar next to your clock (in the bottom right hand corner of your desktop screen) after you plug in your launchpad. It should be a grey square with a black A in the middle of it. Right click on it and stop it from starting whenever windows starts. Then, also close the program down from running as serato live and serato DJ don't require that program to be running when mappng your launchpad to them

Let me know if this helps
Jaquez 4:43 AM - 24 February, 2015
Would any serato software would work with my denon MC-6000?
tony varo 12:21 AM - 5 March, 2015
Cómo actua un controlador midi k2 de allen & heath con serato scratch live 2.5??..Se iluminaría???....O en Cambio no???