Recording Your Set
SL 1 & SL 2 RECORDING
Because the SL 1 and SL 2 only have Left and Right inputs, you will need to use audio program to record as the audio is mixed and blended outside of the software (inside your DJ mixer).
There are several recording programs you can use such as Audacity (free) or Ableton Live (paid, for more advanced options).
You will need:
- 1 x SL 1 or SL2
- 4 x RCA cables
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x computer with line input (unless you have an external soundcard you wish to use)
- 1 x Stereo RCA to 3.5mm mini jack cable.
- Setup your SL 1 or SL 2 like you would normally and launch Scratch Live.
- Connect the Stereo RCA to 3.5mm mini jack cable from an additional output from your DJ mixer (i.e. booth, record, 2nd master) into the line input of your computer (or your external soundcard)
- Set the record source in your recording program to "line".
- Check the record settings/preferences are set to stereo 44.1 kHz and 16bits (more if you desire).
- Test there is audio coming into the recording program and check the levels aren't going above zero dB on the recording channel.
- When you are ready, press record in your recording software, and start your mix.
- When you are finished, make sure you stop the recording, and save the mix to a location of your choice.
NOTE: Because of the extra strain on your laptop's RAM and CPU while running Scratch Live and a recording program, we recommend that you use a desktop or a separate laptop to record a mix if you are able.