Serato Sample Challenge Terms and Conditions
By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
The Competition (“Competition”)
- The title of the Competition is the “Serato Sample Challenge”.
- This Competition is run by Serato Limited (“Serato”) whose registered office is located at 80 Greys Avenue, Auckland, Auckland Central, 1010, New Zealand.
- This Competition starts on 5 December 2017 and ends on 16 January 2018 at 11:59pm EST. All entries must be submitted before the closing date.
- This Competition is run via one or more third party platform(s). This Competition is not linked to the third party platform(s) and is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated in any way by the third party platform(s). By entering this Competition you accept to have no claim against and cannot make any claim against the third party platform(s) that arises in connection with your participation in this Competition. Your use of the third party platform(s) is subject to the terms and conditions located on such site. Serato disclaims any liability should you fail to comply with the third party platform(s) terms and conditions.
Entering and Eligibility
- To enter the Competition, you must create a beat using Serato Sample (use of other production software and hardware in addition to Serato Sample is permitted) and then film and upload your beat to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook with the following tags #seratosamplechallenge and @seratosample (“Entry” or “Entries”) in accordance with any instructions provided on the Serato Competition webpage.
Your Entry must:
- show Serato Sample in use at some point during the video; and
- not be more than one (1) minute in length.
- You must be 13 years of age or older at the time of Entry submission.
- Serato will not accept Entries that are completed by third parties on your behalf.
- Employees and contractors of Serato, their immediate families and any agencies or companies associated with the Competition are not permitted to enter or win the prize.
- You agree that Serato may display your Entry on Serato’s Competition webpage, Serato’s websites and social media channels.
- You agree to grant Serato an in perpetuity, worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty free license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit and otherwise use your Entry for promotional purposes.
- You warrant that you have the express consent of any person that appears in your Entry.
- Serato will review all Entries entered into the Competition to determine which Entries will be displayed on the Serato Competition webpage. Serato reserves the right to exclude any entrant or Entry from participating in the Competition in its sole discretion, at any time.
- Entries that are displayed on Serato’s Competition webpage will be able to be voted on by the public. Public voting will determine the top ten (10) Entries and guest judges will select the winning Entry from those Entries.
- People can vote on multiple entries each day, but only once per entry per day. No bulk or automated votes are permitted.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Serato will notify the entrants of the top ten Entries via private message on the platform each entrant used to upload his or her Entry.
- Serato will notify the winner via private message on the platform he or she used to upload his or her Entry. The winner will have 28 days from the date of notification by Serato that they were successful to claim the prize. If the winner fails to respond or provide Serato with the necessary details to be provided the prize within the 28-day period, Serato reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant selected by the judges.
- If the winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian must give their prior consent to the award of the prize.
- The entrants of the top ten Entries and the winner agree Serato may publish their names’ on Serato’s Competition webpage, Serato’s websites and social media channels in connection with the Competition.
- The prize for the winning Entry is USD 10,000 (before tax).
- The winner is responsible for all tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
- Serato reserves the right to limit entry, cancel or amend the prize in its sole discretion, including providing the winner with a substitute prize.
- No purchase is necessary to win or participate in this Competition.
- Serato reserves the right to exclude any entrant or Entry from participating in the Competition in its sole discretion.
- Entries that contain content that is illegal, libelous, defamatory, inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable may not be submitted and may be excluded from the Competition at any time in Serato’s sole discretion.
- Serato reserves the right to amend or change these Terms at any time in its sole discretion, including extending, postponing or cancelling the Competition.
- If anyone brings a claim against Serato related to your Entry, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. You are solely responsible for your Entry and any material contained within it.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law Serato and its associated companies will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered in connection with this Competition or winning of the prize.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law Serato and its associated companies will not be liable for late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected entries; electronic, hardware or software program, network, internet or computer malfunctions, failures, delays or difficulties; errors in transmission, prize notification deliveries attempted but not received; and loss suffered by anyone who enters or attempts to enter in the Competition.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.