By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
Entering and Eligibility
- This competition is run by Serato Limited (“Serato”) whose registered office is located at 80 Greys Avenue, Auckland, Auckland Central, 1010, New Zealand.
- This competition will be run monthly on an ongoing basis until Serato decides to end or no longer offer the competition (“Competition Period”).
- To enter you must create a beat using Serato Studio and then film and share your beat to Instagram during the Competition Period with the following tags #seratobeatfighter, @seratostudio, and @splice (“Entry”).
- Your Entry must show Serato Studio in use and must not be more than one (1) minute in length.
- You must be 13 years of age or older at the time of Entry submission.
- All public entries must be submitted before March 18 2021(NZ). Serato will select the top 8 entries to put into the tournament.
- Public voting commences March 23 2021(NZ).
The winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd place) will be selected by a special guest judge via a livestream on March 29 (NZ) 2021. The livestream will take place on the official Serato Twitch channel. This decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the judging criteria or any other aspect of this competition.
- Once the winners are announced, Serato will notify the winners via private message on Instagram.
- The top 8 finalists will be asked to supply Serato with all necessary bank deposit information in advance of public voting on 23 March 2021. This is to ensure Serato has these details upfront for when the final winners are announced and Serato can make the cash prize payment before 31 March (NZ) 2021.
- The winners will be advised of the prize and a request for a final invoice will be sent. If the winner fails to respond or provide Serato with the necessary details before Tuesday 30 March 2021(US), Serato reserves the right to offer the prize to the second-place winner.
- If the winners are under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian must give their prior consent to the award of the prize.
- The Beat Fighter champ will receive:
- USD $20,000.00 via bank deposit from Serato
- Second place will receive:
- USD $4,000.00 via bank deposit from Serato
- Third place will receive:
- USD $1,000.00 via bank deposit from Serato
- The top 8 chosen finalists will receive
- 1x Serato Studio lifetime license
- Serato reserves the right to limit entry, cancel or amend the prize in its sole discretion, including providing the winners with a substitute prize.
- Serato accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred or any bank fees charged by their bank as a result of an entrant winning and receiving a Prize.
- The Beat Fighter champ will receive:
- You grant Serato a worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty-free license, in perpetuity, to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit and otherwise use your Entry and name in connection with the competition and for future marketing and promotional purposes.
- Serato reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the competition in its sole discretion on reasonable grounds.
- This competition is run via Instagram. This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated in any way by Instagram. By entering this competition you accept to have no claim against and cannot make any claim against Instagram that arises in connection with your participation in this competition. Your use of Instagram is subject to the terms and conditions located on such site. Serato disclaims any liability should you fail to comply with Instagram’s terms and conditions.
- Serato reserves the right to amend or change these Terms at any time at its sole discretion, including extending, postponing, canceling or amending the competition at any stage, for any reason.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law Serato and its associated companies will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered in connection with this competition or winning of the prize.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.