Plug and play Serato DJ support is available for the Pioneer DJM-900NXS2, DJM-900NXS / 850 as well as the Rane MP2015 rotary mixer and Allen & Heath Xone:DB2 / DB4 / 43C with the Serato DJ Club Kit license. Try it out now!
The Club Kit is a license bundle including a Serato DJ license and a DVS Expansion Pack license. These licenses can be purchased separately and if you already own both, you're already good to go!
It's easy to use these mixers with Serato DJ.
- Download and install the latest version of Serato DJ.
- Connect your hardware and activate a FREE 14 day trial in the My Serato window in-app, or purchase and activate a Club Kit license bundle.
- Install the drivers by following the prompt in the side panel.
- Start DJing!
Here's a few things to note:
- If you already have a Serato DJ license, connect to these mixers and use them as if they were a controller without platters. However, to use Control Vinyl or CDs, you need to purchase the DVS expansion pack.
- Drivers for these mixers are bundled within Serato DJ. If you have trouble connecting after driver install, try hot-plugging the USB cable or restarting your machine.
- Ensure your mixer has the latest firmware installed for best performance.
- "Primary Decks" options are available in the Audio tab of the Setup screen to change the inputs/outputs of the hardware that are to be used for Decks 1 and Decks 2 in the software.
Pioneer DJM-900NXS and DJM-850 specific
- These mixers have a 'Setup Inputs' button in the Audio tab of Serato DJ Setup. You can set your mixer inputs to Phono or Line here, as the mixer doesn't have hardware controls.
- You can record the software mix in a similar way to the DJM-900SRT. Open the driver panel and select 'REC OUT' in the dropdown for one of the channels to give it up for recording. In the Serato DJ record panel, select the same channel as the REC source - you're good to go!
- In order to use software features that require MIDI such as Serato Video faders, EQ effects and EQ coloured waveforms, users will need to turn on MIDI on the mixer. This is a button labelled ‘On/Off’ in the MIDI section on the top right of the mixer.
Allen & Heath Xone:DB2 & DB4 specific
- The Xone: DB2 and DB4 don't have a button in Serato DJ Setup to launch a driver panel as phono/line is enabled by a button on the back of the mixer.
- These mixers can record the software mix. On the hardware, a channel must be designated by pressing Menu > USB Routing and selecting Record for a channel. The same channel must then be selected in the Serato DJ record panel to record.