Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

NO SOUND! PLEASE HELP!

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
BobbyArel 4:15 PM - 7 May, 2013
I just downloaded the latest version of Serato DJ, for my Pioneer DDJ-SX which I just got yesterday. I have basic computer knowledge and have been a playing around as a DJ as a hobby for years...but I cannot figure out how to fix this.

The controller is connected properly.
The program reacts with what I do on the controller flawlessly.
But no sound comes out.
Channels are assigned appropriately.
Volume is on, cables all work fine (I tested them on other products).

I believe it is an issue with a sound card, there is not one detected.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the program multiple times.

I am just at my breaking point with this...there's gotta be something going on....PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!
BobbyArel 4:18 PM - 7 May, 2013
When the controller is not plugged in, I can play music through my internal laptop speakers. (Just wanted to point that out).

I also have Virtual DJ, and just to check, I connected my Numark Mixtrack Pro, using the same cables, but just using VDJ and not Serato DJ and it worked just fine....I disconnected, closed VDJ, and then connected my DDJ-SX and Serato DJ...and I can't get ANY sound..

Sound will not play through headphones either. No music at all...
Asu 5:36 PM - 7 May, 2013
is this a new controller?

are the channel faders up...is the master volume up?

is the ASIO driver installed correctly?
Asu 5:37 PM - 7 May, 2013
what version of firmware is installed...details details...
BobbyArel 5:40 PM - 7 May, 2013
this is a brand new controller.

the channel faders are up and the master volume is up

the asio driver is installed correctly and i also uninstalled it and reinstalled it to make sure.

firmware is giving me a hardtime....i have windows 8 and i can not figure out the firmware, i downloaded it from serato, but it's all zip/weird files that once i open, turn into either gibberish or something else.....but it IS downloaded...
Certified Quality Entertainment 6:22 PM - 7 May, 2013
Are you looking to get the sound to come out of your laptop speakers when plugged in?
BobbyArel 6:27 PM - 7 May, 2013
No, through studio speakers at the moment, it's hooked up through master our 2, the RCA output.
BobbyArel 9:48 PM - 8 May, 2013
still need help, serato where are you at?!?

this works fine with the latest virtual dj, but i would much rather use serato....this is terrible...
Mr_kitkat 4:32 PM - 11 May, 2013
I have the same problem, Everything seems fine and turned up. Also when I go to update the firmware it says it can not detect my controller, etc etc
Kaizer 9:59 AM - 12 May, 2013
Bobby, i'm not sure that SERATO DJ is supporting Win-8. i suffer the same issue but i'm using win-7 64 bits. When i try it on XP it works great but not enough memory can be use...
I'm still looking for help on the 64 bits issue.
BobbyArel 11:54 PM - 13 May, 2013
Aaron,

I first apologize for the delayed reply, I've been busy moving so that hasn't helped (LOL) but things are all good now and I'm back on schedule.

As far as audio stream goes, I believe that Windows 8 seems to be the problem here....I do everything appropriately with the lastest Virtual DJ and it works just fine... I'm not a total n00b, so I should be able to figure it out and no matter how often I have redownloaded everything, double triple and quadruple check all settings, wires and buttons, I seem to be doing EVERYTHING (and I mean EVERYTHING) by the book and correctly....when will this be configured for Windows 8? I mean....it's not like Windows 8 is that new, I had a Windows XP laptop that I used to DJ with for about 5 years before it just couldn't handle the needs anymore, so I upgraded to a Windows 8 Toshiba (I absolutely love Toshiba it is the ONLY brand I will use for DJ-ing or anything else...) Anyway, I have a few gigs this weekend and really need to get this all sorted out.

I could use Virtual DJ but would rather not because it acts a little funny with the 4 channel controls, but I can work around that...I'd just much rather use Serato DJ because it was actually made for this controller, not just conveniently added in. I've dug deeper and I'm not the only one with this issue, Serato seems way behind on the times in getting their act together and coming out with a working version for ALL Windows 8 users...

I look forward to your reply Aaron.

Kitkat, are you using Windows 8? When I tested the latest VDJ to see if it worked, it did, but it said it didn't detect the soundcard and I had to manually go into settings and select the ASIO sound card for the controller, try doing that...

Kaizer, You're completely right, I've been searching this and other forums, and the lack of Windows 8 support seems to be the common denominator and biggest problem...I'm not about to go revert my entire OS because of this, I don't feel comfortable switching operating systems on my laptops, and I only have Windows 8. Trying to buy a decent Windows XP just doesn't seem fathomable either. This seems to be a major flaw in Serato's work ethic/design/etc. They just gotta get their act together...I'm extremely disappointed.
1:00 AM, 28 May 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.