Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Why the sudden delay of Serato DJ for V7?

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark V7
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
deejayjd 7:42 PM - 5 May, 2013
As one of the best controllers that was compatible with Serato Itch, why is it now the last to be integrated into Serato DJ? I was holding off on moving to Traktor, but after seeing I had another 6 month wait for Serato DJ, I ordered a few Traktor midi controllers. I love Serato DJ (got to use it a few times when various dj's came to my resident club), but not having any software updates for a year in the age of digital DJing is little disappointing.
dizzyrocks2001 1:19 AM - 6 May, 2013
+1
Serato, Support
David Wood 9:20 PM - 10 May, 2013
Hey deejayjd,

Sorry to hear your disappointment. I understand it must be frustrating for you as a V7 user. Serato's Product Team along with marketing and management had to make some very hard decisions moving forward on the order of development for the integration of each controller into Serato DJ. As you can imagine everyone wanted their controllers to be first. I believe there was a high level of market research during this process however i'm not privy to the exactly information as to the process.

I'm sure at the moment it's no consolation however it will be worth it when you do have it later in the year. Thank you again for your patience and understanding on this matter.

Regards
Dave
Boombox 3:43 PM - 11 May, 2013
Hello Dave W,

I hope I do not speak out of turn, but I think most of V7 users frustration comes from the fact that Serato released support for NS7 and NS7fx.

Generally, users see both, the V7 and NS7fx to be very similar units in terms of mapping and functions and therefore that delay (in their eyes) is unjustified at at least as far as mappings go.
DJRICKC 10:29 PM - 12 May, 2013
I HOPE THEY WILL PUSH THE DATE UP BECAUSE THEY ARE ALOT OF PISS OFF DJS OUT THERE RIGHT NOW WITH SERATO I KNOW OF 3 OF MY FRIENDS WHO HAVE SWITCH TO TRACTOR. NOT JUST BECAUSE OF THE V7 ISSUE BUT BECAUSE OF ALOT OF PROBLEMS THEY BIN HAVING WITH SERATO SOFTWARE. I HAVE A PAIR OF V7 AND A PAIR OF 1200 BUT I LOVE TO USE MY V SEVENS SERATO PLEASE SEE WHAT YOU GUYS CAN DO TO PLEASE YOU USERS RIGHT NOW ALOT OF PEOPLE IS UNHAPPY WITH YOUR PRODUCTS JUST READ THE COMMENTS.
Boombox 10:36 PM - 12 May, 2013
V7 work with Traktor? Didn't know that.
Serato, Support
David Wood 9:50 PM - 14 May, 2013
Hey guys,

Here is the official word on this from Sam S:

Hi team,

Sorry for the radio silence on this one. Here's a bit of information about the reasoning for the date changes:

Based on the feedback we received from our customers and new estimates from the development teams, we have had to make some changes to the timing of support for the remaining Serato DJ Intro and ITCH controllers in Serato DJ.

We decided to make changes to our release plans based on customer feedback we have had during the upgrade process, much of which came from the numbers of users registering to be notified when support comes for their controller.

Controllers such as the Numark NS6, NS7 and Vestax VCI-380 have come sooner than initially planned, ahead of the Numark V7, VCI-300mkII, Novation Twitch, Numark N4, Numark Mixdeck Quad, Vestax Typhoon and VCI-100mk2, which will now come a little later. There will be no change to the list of controllers that will be supported, only the order in which support will be added.

If you would like to talk with anyone about your controller and what Serato DJ will mean for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the support team via the forum or email. You can find contact info here: serato.com . They are more than happy to help you out!

Regards
Dave W
Youngtee 10:57 PM - 15 May, 2013
Come on serato let's get the V7 popping man I been talking it up "all Need is my V7's and serato" "I'm good" but had a jam with tracktor and......it was'nt bad but Serato 4 life hahaha just please give us the jump on the V7's

lego
DJ OnE11 4:40 AM - 24 May, 2013
+1 on the disappointment of having to wait as well as the idea that the NS7 seems to have many of the same mappings as the V7. the main reason I purchased the V7 over the NS7 was the fact that I could use my own mixer and break it down into 2 separate decks for different uses and still retain the same feel and functionality as the NS7. Been looking forward to Dj upgrade for some time and am not sure if I will still be around by Fall if I am forced to remain with itch and the lack of at least external midi mapping capabilities...Hell I'll even pay for the upgrade if I can get it sooner!
carlos252 2:02 PM - 26 May, 2013
So is there any update yet.. My son want a pair ovA the v7
Serato, Support
David Wood 11:41 PM - 26 May, 2013
Hey Guys,

If you are looking for updates here is the page which tells you which hardware controllers are available and the forthcoming controllers seasonal dates of release. serato.com

Dave
12:00 AM, 10 Jun 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.