DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato Ridiculously OVERPRICED

chirpflare_forever 9:39 PM - 2 February, 2006
i was just thinking about it when i reordered my replacement vinyl for $10 each. if they only cost me $20, and the software is available for free download, then that means i just paid $550 for the little box made in china. production cost for that thing is only a couple bucks and besides, the quality aint too great either because my usb hole is already loose. I DEMAND A REBATE!
djHSL 9:52 PM - 2 February, 2006
I suspect your USB is not the only hole which is loose.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 9:59 PM - 2 February, 2006
1. Scratch LIVE is manufactured in Mukilteo, WA. Trust me, it costs more than "a couple of bucks" to make high quality electronics in America. See rane.com

2. If you think Scratch LIVE is bad value for money I suggest returning it for a refund.
DJUnknown 9:59 PM - 2 February, 2006
Perhaps it's not the hole that's loose but your cable is not big enough. My cable fits nice and snug in the hole (but I guess that's the story of my life).
anewsome 10:03 PM - 2 February, 2006
I too wish the box was cheaper. But there are a number of people on this forum who wish that SSL was *more* expensive to keep the jokers away from using it, so all the bedroom DJs leave it alone.

I do think SSL should make an SL1 only available for cheaper. I already have the full SSL package. I just want another SL1 for my CD rig. One SL1 for each rig. I shouldn't have to pay full price again.
punosion 10:04 PM - 2 February, 2006
If you continue to steal music, you've already saving a lot of money! After all, isn't that what it's about...saving money and not paying your dues? :/

chirp, any further bitch from you about money problems, shady promoters, not getting paid for gigs, etc. will fall on deaf ears.
anewsome 10:21 PM - 2 February, 2006
@punosion - who is stealing music here?
punosion 10:23 PM - 2 February, 2006
The last post (currently):

scratchlive.net
spirez 10:28 PM - 2 February, 2006
Quote:
But there are a number of people on this forum who wish that SSL was *more* expensive to keep the jokers away from using it, so all the bedroom DJs leave it alone.

The only jokers are the people that think like that, everybody has to start somewhere...

As for it being overpriced, not a chance in hell.

I can do almost everything on Serato that can be done on a CDJ1000 and what isn't there, is already in the pipeline as an addition ie P&T, looping.

To put it into persepctive, 2 CDJ1000s would have cost me £1450, Serato cost me £400.

And are you serious about the production costs? There's more to producing a system like this than simply throwing together a bunch of components FFS!

R&D is where the big spending is at and Rane/Serato have put in a lot of effort here and it's only right they are making a profit from it.
Detroitbootybass 10:32 PM - 2 February, 2006
I can't do anything but just shake my head at this ridiculous thread...
Deft 10:32 PM - 2 February, 2006
I'm actually surprised things like this aren't more expensive. Even a handful of people on modest wages for a year adds up to quite a lot. Apparentely, the average cost per year to my employer per member of staff is about $130,000. Eek.
germanbaboon 10:38 PM - 2 February, 2006
You can always get the Stanton Final Scratch. It's only 600 dollars.
punosion 10:39 PM - 2 February, 2006
Quote:
R&D is where the big spending is at and Rane/Serato have put in a lot of effort here and it's only right they are making a profit from it.

I could not agree more. The $550 I spent is a mere pittance when I see how active Rane and Serato are around here. I believe they are the model to which all other companies should strive for when working with their customers...they define "support" in every way.
anewsome 11:11 PM - 2 February, 2006
For most of us $550 is roughly one gig. I know some of you make a lot more, imagine playing a gig for free and from that gig on your life would be a helluva lot easier. That's what SSL is, give them 1 free gig and they will forever make your life easier.
sixxx 11:17 PM - 2 February, 2006
Chirp... is it because $550.00 is a little over 6 haircuts for you?

Or is it because it's about 4 dinners?

I thought you had money since you were braggin' about the things mentioned above.... turns out you're just flossing.
chirpflare_forever 12:00 AM - 3 February, 2006
i dont have a problem with payin full price for value. $85 haircuts make me look so fresh and so clean that its worth every penny. as for a box that i have to replace every few months - hell no. they need to spend some of the r&d on making a better quality box.

money aint a thang to me. I slang yayo by the G's.
the 45 king 12:08 AM - 3 February, 2006
My 3 Cents! Video Link Below ( Welcome back Chirp )
45king.com
anewsome 12:08 AM - 3 February, 2006
Novell already runs a "most wanted ports to linux" survey. Dang, I just looked and SSL is not even in the top 100 :-)

www.novell.com
capo di exmixah 12:11 AM - 3 February, 2006
Quote:
i dont have a problem with payin full price for value. $85 haircuts make me look so fresh and so clean that its worth every penny. as for a box that i have to replace every few months - hell no. they need to spend some of the r&d on making a better quality box.

money aint a thang to me. I slang yayo by the G's.

WTF? "...box that i have to replace every few months-..." What in gods name are you doing with your SL1?... playing soccer!
DJMark 12:12 AM - 3 February, 2006
This thread is a classic case of Stupid Trolling. Lock/ban/move on I say. This guy's worse than useless.
djkidkeoni 12:20 AM - 3 February, 2006
The only reason the software is available for download is BECAUSE you need the box to use it. The box is needed. So you are not paying just for the box. You are paying for all the work that the programmers are putting into making the software better. They can't do all that work for free!

The internet and downloading has made everyone think that programs and music are "free". We can't forget that someone is spending their hard working time into developing software, and constantly upgrading it, and the more people don't pay for it, the slower the updates. I've seen people download software, and then complain why there isn't an update to do this and that. Buy it and help them afford to put out an update!!

The price of ScratchLive is a small price to pay considering the benefits. Sure you can do a lot of the tricks with CDJ's, but you still have to carry all those CD's. I love the fact that my CD's and vinyl don't get wear and tear on them. They stay safely archived at home. For some of us, we have to switch from one genre to the next, and to carry around all that music is a pain.

Well, I'll get off the soapbox, I'm done with my speech.
Bottom line, Rane and Serato keep up the good work.

Keoni
sixxx 12:21 AM - 3 February, 2006
Quote:
as for a box that i have to replace every few months

Stop humpin' the box and making the USB hole bigger. It's for the USB cable only.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:26 AM - 3 February, 2006
Quote:
My 3 Cents! Video Link Below ( Welcome back Chirp )
45king.com

i understand what you are saying king! cheaper is always better..
but remember they are not pressing the control record as much as they would with a regular record
No one will buy the control record except us SSL users
and theres only a handful of us (figuratively speaking)
Not everyone in the world is using vynil anymore
thats why the prices of vynil have sky rocketed
Once vynil stop production in 2010?? (i dont remember)
vynil cost will again sky rocket for availability
records used to be 1.99 mid 80s now what 11-15 bucks?

Supply and demand
unfortunately the demand control record is based on who bought SSL.

Hope i explained it ok.....
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:31 AM - 3 February, 2006
forgot to add...

not sure if you seen those deals

1-100 pay 1.00 each buy 200-300 .75 each
the more you buy the cheaper they cost?
sure Rane might buy 200000000000 control records for cheap
but no one will buy all of them at once...
1 here 2 there 4 there

its all about business
you dont want too much inventory on hand or the company will loose money if its not moving.

sorry I just got out of class based on Supply Chain and Demand :)
anewsome 12:38 AM - 3 February, 2006
Not to mention the tax you pay on idle inventory. I just got out of a class based on many year of life experience.
DJ GaFFle 12:41 AM - 3 February, 2006
Quote:
...money aint a thang to me. I slang yayo by the G's.

LOLOL!!! This dude is classic material!
DJMark 12:51 AM - 3 February, 2006
I got some of that "material" on my shoe this morning. Enough said.
Julls 2:02 AM - 3 February, 2006
Is this guy for real?
anewsome 2:14 AM - 3 February, 2006
yes is is for real. i must admit, at first i was kind of put off by chirplare's rude comments and foul language but i gotta say. this guy is money. he is one of the reasons i keep coming back. classic rhetoric like this entire thread give me a chuckle or too daily. not to mention how prolific he is. damn i love this site.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 2:50 AM - 3 February, 2006
shock_jock_chrip
click 2:51 AM - 3 February, 2006
Quote:
i was just thinking about it when i reordered my replacement vinyl for $10 each. if they only cost me $20, and the software is available for free download, then that means i just paid $550 for the little box made in china. production cost for that thing is only a couple bucks and besides, the quality aint too great either because my usb hole is already loose. I DEMAND A REBATE!

**WHACK!!**
djdsk 3:07 AM - 3 February, 2006
I bought fs 1 and felt totaly ripped off , but serato the after service is worth paying for . Its not just the box your buying , usualy quality gear costs more but lasts longer so works out the same cost in the end .
The Axledental DJ 4:15 AM - 3 February, 2006
I think SSL is priced approprietly and I think Serato Dev. team and Rane are entitled to be paid well for thier products.
kicko 4:29 AM - 3 February, 2006
45 ..too funny man
s42000 5:16 AM - 3 February, 2006
The TOP NOTCH support is second to none on the entire planet and is worth the initial cost.

But I will admit that there will be some gnashing of teeth before I cop the 57 in APRIL !!!!
djgrandpa 5:55 AM - 3 February, 2006
Excellent product and would be happy to pay more for it. My back feels better already.
Grandpa
DeezNotes 5:59 AM - 3 February, 2006
Quote:
45 ..too funny man

Word.
m0rph! 7:27 AM - 3 February, 2006
Quote:
Excerpt from 45 King: The Movie
"Who got publishing on that tone? I mean... I don't know... ASCAP... the tone's from ASCAP."

LMAO!! :-P
Konix 7:41 AM - 3 February, 2006
Well, I think $10 is cheap for SSL control records compared to other programs. FS vinyls are $15, and some of the other program's vinyls are $20+ (Mixvibes, VDJ). That's one reason I switched to SSL. With Mixvibes, you could only buy them in 3, and then had to pay hella shipping from Europe. Cost me almost $100 for 3 measley records. Now that's a rip off. Not to mention it then took 2-3 weeks for delivery. With SSL I can walk 5 minutes from my house to my local Guitar Center or DJ Supply store and have all the SSL vinyls I could want.
DJLorrence 7:50 AM - 3 February, 2006
45, your super cool dude!! i hope im stilling pumping out the sickness when im as chronologically advanced as you are!!!!
s42000 8:13 AM - 3 February, 2006
Quote:
chronologically advanced!!

ROTFLMBAO !
DJLorrence 8:15 AM - 3 February, 2006
hehe >=]
djxatl 2:03 PM - 3 February, 2006
45 LOL
Fishboy 2:15 PM - 3 February, 2006
I think one thing we can all agree on is Chirpflare smokes crack!

If you shelled out for that nasty little frisbee Stanton brought out then you appreciate what a quality product SSL is!
DJ Irv 2:46 PM - 3 February, 2006
You guys are silly for being sucked into Chirp_Flare's thread. He's always spitting hate on something or someone.
Rebelguy 3:01 PM - 3 February, 2006
Vinyl pressing from RTI is not cheap. Give them a call if you like. Plus the price quoted does not include the jacket which being full color is not that cheap either. Then you got the price of mastering, laquers, stampers and shipping. All in all it adds up and thats just for the manufacturing. Then you got the electronic manufacturing...done in america...cmon now. This ain't a third world project where the employees are making $1.50 a day. Lastly you got R & D, sales people, marketing and promotion.

To be realistic, maybe we could complain to the stores. The guitar center in my area jacked the prices up during the Christmas season because Rane had temporarily sold out. Thats some BS. Truth be told, the wholesale price on Serato to stores is pretty cheap.

All I know is that I am a lot better off in the game financially with Serato. I mean cmon...when I was all vinyl I could easily spend $200 - $300 a month on vinyl. And often times I had to replace records that got worn out. Now you can get all the songs you need most of the time from iTunes or a number of other legal sources for $1.00 each. There ain't that much great music coming out that you would spend more than $100 a month. How often would you really need to replace the control vinyl...even once a month works fine for me.

Lastly...what about the wear and tear you save on your back.
the 45 king 3:10 PM - 3 February, 2006
Quote:
Well, I think $10 is cheap for SSL control records compared to other programs. FS vinyls are $15, and some of the other program's vinyls are $20+ (Mixvibes, VDJ).
Sorry i didn't
know that $10. is cheap compare to other control records! Thanks Konix !
djtonypsalms 4:18 PM - 3 February, 2006
Quote:

2. If you think Scratch LIVE is bad value for money I suggest returning it for a refund.

It's that's simple...

Rane was a respected company even before they started making DJ products.

Their customer service alone is the best I've ever experienced in terms of DJ/PA gear. (Shure is second.)

"A" class products & customer service, What else do you want?

Go get Final Scratch if you hate SSL so much!
s42000 5:08 PM - 3 February, 2006
Quote:

This makes me wonder ....mmmmmmhh :)

Can I return mine and cop the 57 when it's out ??
bush 5:49 PM - 3 February, 2006
I think its a bargain for what it does
yuri 6:59 PM - 3 February, 2006
can this dude just leave. obviously he didnt get enough attention from his mama when he was little and now he needs to be the center of attention here. With all the knowledge he tries to drop you would think he would have something better to do with his time rather than stock a internet forum. corny
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 9:25 PM - 3 February, 2006
Quote:
can this dude just leave

No no, it's good that these questions get asked. How many people go around thinking "Serato Ridiculously OVERPRICED" but don't have the balls to say so in a public forum. I'd much rather have issues raised here than have people dissing us behind our backs.
anewsome 9:42 PM - 3 February, 2006
Besides, chirpflare cracks me up. I mean, when he is not insulting me or dropping F bombs on me, or telling me I suck as a DJ because I can't scratch. Other than that, he cracks me up. So no, I hope he doesn't leave.
chirpflare_forever 11:26 PM - 3 February, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
can this dude just leave

No no, it's good that these questions get asked. How many people go around thinking "Serato Ridiculously OVERPRICED" but don't have the balls to say so in a public forum. I'd much rather have issues raised here than have people dissing us behind our backs.

WORD! you guys sugar coat your comments and are too shook to keep it real. if a mix sucks dont clap and say its dope. dont act like you never downloaded anything illegal before. if you ever buy anything off itunes then you'z a sucka!

then you all jump the diss bandwagon and hate me just because everyone else is doing it. im the 50 cent of the dj game. i beef with any djs that wanna step. 9 shots didnt phase me and so wont no internet hate. i will never leave these boards. 3 bans and ip traces didnt stop me. i hop starbucks on the daily baby...

and finally
KISSIN ASS AND BEING NICE TO OTHER DJS WONT LAND YOU GIGS!!!!!

Also, Wack is spelled Wack NOT Whack cracka!
hologram 11:48 PM - 3 February, 2006
Lol there's a difference between keeping it real and being rude.
But yeah keep the wankster around he's good comedy.
joshua 11:49 PM - 3 February, 2006
ok chirp, your location says iraq, to my knowledge they dont have starbucks in iraq (at least not yet anyway, i'm sure the marine corps coffee shops are getting better though).
y would you hide your location? are you scared some "cracka" as you put it is gonna track you down and "shoot" you as you say you have been.
i honestly dont give a shit what race creed or religion you are, all i can see is someone who needs to grow up.
and if you do sling as much yayo as you say you do, where you at?
i have some friends who would love to talk to you...
Josh
Detroitbootybass 12:04 AM - 4 February, 2006
Quote:

then you all jump the diss bandwagon and hate me just because everyone else is doing it.

No... we all hate you because of your personality - or lackthereof.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:09 AM - 4 February, 2006
it's not yayo, it's Mayo :)

which rhymes with Kano (the band or the character in Mortal Combat....here i go again with my vader-mode nerdness :)
DJ Yaz 12:16 AM - 4 February, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Also, Wack is spelled Wack NOT Whack cracka!

Chirp...

Your an ignorant f*)#ing idiot. If you've got such big game why you sweatin some tiny paper like $500? Why do you rock Serato? Supply and demand B*(&h! You needed it cause it was the best and you bought it for $500, just like everyone else. Who the heck do you think pays for this forum that you seem to like so much? How do the servers run, who pays the salaries of the guys that have to babysit your monkey A$$. Who pays the developers who listen to all of our input and make new versions every other day (for free)? This is a DJ media managment SOLUTION ho! Of course the box would be cheaper if it didn't come with all the smart people and great tools that are behind it, but then if you want that visit... www.stanton.com I'm sure they'll make you a great deal, and you'll fit in much better there.

And this is to the moderator...

Can we all please register our SSL box serial numbers in our profiles so when someone gets banned they have to buy a new box to register on the forum again. This is getting very irritating, and it distracts us from the tasks at hand. Anyone who is not a SSL owner should be able to read, but not write. With the exception of one section dedicated to those considering an SSL purchase.

This is to all...

SSL has had the unintended consequence of lowering the barriers to entry for turntable style DJ'ing. This creates opportunities and challenges for all of us. Now any idiot like Chirp with SSL and some stolen MP3s can come chase our money, and even if they fail the very fact that these people call themselves DJ's and rock the same program as us injures all of us. I think it's time for us to form a professional organization with standards. Every profession that has faced this kind of challenge has reacted in this way or suffered. Real Estate is an excellent example. Not only do we have to get guys like Chirp off this board, we need to distance ourselves from his likes in every way. This higher level of skill and professionalism could yield higher pay, better treatment, and the active exclusion of those that harm our industry.

Feedback from growups is welcome...
Thundercat 12:20 AM - 4 February, 2006
More and more I find myself wishing this forum had a killfile. I would much rather not read what some individuals have to say without having to avoid a thread altogether. Avoiding a thread because of the author would cause me to lose out on something truly interesting or informative that might be expressed by someone else. i.e.:
Quote:
1. Scratch LIVE is manufactured in Mukilteo, WA. Trust me, it costs more than "a couple of bucks" to make high quality electronics in America. See rane.com

I wouldn't get pearls like that if I avoided this thread. Likewise, I wouldn't have seen the phenomenal contribution from 45 King.

A killfile probably won't happen, I just thought I would float it out there...
chirpflare_forever 12:41 AM - 4 February, 2006
Quote:

SSL has had the unintended consequence of lowering the barriers to entry for turntable style DJ'ing. This creates opportunities and challenges for all of us.

Now any idiot like Chirp with SSL and some stolen MP3s can come chase our money, and even if they fail the very fact that these people call themselves DJ's and rock the same program as us injures all of us.

Who are us? how am i chasing your money? LOL I like how you associate yourself with people of this board to gain their side. PUSSY MOVE.

Quote:

I think it's time for us to form a professional organization with standards. Every profession that has faced this kind of challenge has reacted in this way or suffered. Real Estate is an excellent example. Not only do we have to get guys like Chirp off this board, we need to distance ourselves from his likes in every way. This higher level of skill and professionalism could yield higher pay, better treatment, and the active exclusion of those that harm our industry.

youve got to be kidding right? *Yawn* Professional Organization? you can go ahead and start another chapter of LAMBDA LAMBDA LAMBDA with Mike CocKquilla and I guarantee you still wont get gigs. have you been to www.thedjlist.com ? you will be stuck at the bottom of the "professional" list right under your favorite trancer djs tiesto and armand van winkle. you are from OREGON... LOL... STFU and stick to doing small town bars and duck frat parties.

THERE IS NO "US" IN DJING. ITS EITHER YOU OR ME WHO GETS THE GIG. THATS REAL TALK.
DJMark 12:56 AM - 4 February, 2006
Noticed the other day Final Scratch 2 is marked down to $479 (with a $50 rebate on top of that), and they *still* can't sell it. My returned FS2 system is still sitting on the shelf over 6 weeks later.

So I do hope Chump-flake (who has previously stated that he's in San Francisco) runs down and buys it for the over-$100-less than SSL is flying off the shelves for, such a deal!
DJ Yaz 1:05 AM - 4 February, 2006
I associate with the people on the board because I respect them. They teach me things and provide valuble perspective on the changes in the industry, and the SSL software.

Your probably right, Yawn. A professional org. has been tried and probably would never work because idiots like u would screw it up. You are too stupid to understand that we could get together and set the prices at whatever we want, or we could all kill each other for the same buck.

...And yeah, Oregon Son! The same hick place where they make all the chips for your laptops (Intel). The same place where they design your shoes (Nike) and the same place where when you are an ignorant b*tch people call you out on it. I am from Chicago son, and any time you want to get your a$$ beat let me know. Respect for Respect on these boards, and in life.

And as far as US in DJ'ing? What gigs do you have? I'm doing just fine... what you worried about $500 bucks for?

Your a hater, and I think I know why... $$$
joshua 1:30 AM - 4 February, 2006
i'm gonna quit responding to this kind of shit, all i'm gonna say is that i personally am a dj for the love of the music, i could give a shit less if i make a dollar at it or not, i do it b/c i enjoy it.
we should all learn from each other, and not brag or hate about who got a better gig or whatever.
chirp, my last words to you are grow the fuck up.
everybody else, keep it real, it's people like this (probably sent here by stanton) that just try to bring us down, that's all he's trying to do is start shit.
let's just ignore him.
peace out guys, nothing but love, except chirp, he's a giant douche...
Josh
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 1:37 AM - 4 February, 2006
hey, i just did a search on www.thedjlist.com and i'm like DJ # 69,696 out of 78,679 Djs :)
chirpflare_forever 1:41 AM - 4 February, 2006
Quote:
I associate with the people on the board because I respect them. They teach me things and provide valuble perspective on the changes in the industry, and the SSL software.

bullshit. you can hold hands with your imaginary friends and sing john lennon's "imagine" all day long. djs are on this board to elevate their game in order to get paid. i guarantee you people will step on each others toes to get gigs in here. its a dog-eat-dog world out there and utimately each dj should look out for his self-interest. if you want to split an hour set amongst 4 djs and spin for 15 min each then go ahead. STFU because all djs have the agenda to take over another djs job.
djnicknice 1:48 AM - 4 February, 2006
chirpflare_forever is my hero!
sixxx 2:05 AM - 4 February, 2006
Quote:
djs are on this board to elevate their game in order to get paid.

I disagree. Some of us elevated our game even before internet boards got popular.

You can't scratch on the boards.
You can't gain experience on the boards.

All you can do is take in information and filter it for everything that may be of use to you.

----

On a different note, chirp is right when he says that most people on here may say a mix is tight when is wack. Or, they kiss each other's ass. On the other hand, you gotta respect and criticize on a higher level. If you criticize without giving advice, then you're not really helping.

----

Last, you will never be able to prove that you're better than anyone else in here... not on the boards anyway - and not with a mix you MAY have edited or tracked. As it stands, unless you go one on one live, you're just the imaginary champion.
hologram 2:47 AM - 4 February, 2006
So can we get an ignore feature for this board so people can just put baby_scratch on ignore?
joshua 2:48 AM - 4 February, 2006
that sounds like a great idea,
Josh
DJMark 3:00 AM - 4 February, 2006
Well we certainly have gotten right down to the lowest possible common denominator here haven't we? It's kind of a metaphor for everything that wrong in human nature and society. It's the kind of Neanderthal shit-for-brains asocial predatory "me-me-me" "law of the jungle" mindset that leads to crime, institutionalized hatred, airplanes-into-buildings, World War III, the Insect Age.

Ok, sorry, that was glum. I third the "killfile" idea...if that's not possible, maybe some sort of validated real-name-required registration process to help speedbump oncoming trolls.

On that happy note I hope (almost) everyone has a great weekend :-).
chirpflare_forever 3:05 AM - 4 February, 2006
Quote:
Well we certainly have gotten right down to the lowest possible common denominator here haven't we? It's kind of a metaphor for everything that wrong in human nature and society. It's the kind of Neanderthal shit-for-brains asocial predatory "me-me-me" "law of the jungle" mindset that leads to crime, institutionalized hatred, airplanes-into-buildings, World War III, the Insect Age.

welcome to the real world
DJMark 3:07 AM - 4 February, 2006
If that's the world you've decided to live in, you have my sincere sympathy. No sarcasm here at all. Sucks to be you.
DJ Yaz 3:43 AM - 4 February, 2006
Quote:
If that's the world you've decided to live in, you have my sincere sympathy. No sarcasm here at all. Sucks to be you.

Word.

I'm going to hit my imaginary ignore button and tune this guy out.
punosion 5:35 AM - 4 February, 2006
Quote:
welcome to the real world

Who hired you into the welcoming committee?
djdsk 7:24 AM - 4 February, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
and finally
KISSIN ASS AND BEING NICE TO OTHER DJS WONT LAND YOU GIGS!!!!!

Unfortunately it does , why do you think there are so many shite djs getting paid a fortune :)
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:08 AM - 4 February, 2006
i too have to agree with Chirp regarding giving accurate honest opinion when feedback is requested (over mixes/dj setups).

kinda reminds me of when i notice my wife's breath be hummin, i would 'warn' her that she might want to munch on a breath mint or a piece of gum....however, she'd just get offended and give me the 'f-u' look.... would it make things better if i should just be 'nice' and not offend her by keeping the truth to myself?

best wishes, mr. p*ssy @ss kisser :)
DJLorrence 10:11 AM - 4 February, 2006
hah
monkeybiz 10:41 AM - 4 February, 2006
Quote:
i hop starbucks on the daily baby...

Suddenly, I'm a huge fan of this guy.
nik39 11:26 AM - 4 February, 2006
Quote:
if a mix sucks dont clap and say its dope.

Word. Also dont run around and just shoot, without explaining why you shoot, as sixxx has said. Criticism (honest criticism!) is needed, but it should be constructive.
chirp, and thats something you lack, there are numerous posts where you just dissed and posted pure negativism. If someone writes a critic about my mix and explains why its all wack, I wouldnt consider this as negativism. The constructive are the parts which make it positive and helpful.

Quote:
dont act like you never downloaded anything illegal before.

Its up to you whether you download illegal stuff or not. But simply not post it here. Its dumb. You take risks for yourself, and you PROMOTE it, which sucks. If you are an artist you should know that someone who downloads your stuff instead of buying it simply spits into your face. As Serato is a software company where piracys is even a more bigger risk than in the music industry since day one, they should know and take care such things dont happen on their official board. You can trade music and harddisks (now how silly is that? Aksing to trade harddisks on an official board, anyone can read, major DJs read, major "enemy" players read, many haters read. Man, if they want they can reall rip your ass, if they want to do damage. And honestly, if you are dumb enough posting this here, I think you deserve that, cause as said before you PROMOTE such activities and post the image that its cool to share aka steal music) on millions of other boards/places, but simply not here.

Quote:
if you ever buy anything off itunes then you'z a sucka!

Thats your opinion, not everyone shares that opinion. I dislike apples mentality and their limitations with all the DRM. But again, if you say something negative (as well as positive) back up your opinion with proper reasoning.

And please chirp, stop using STFU, we dont need that here.
If you got a point to make, do it. Insulting, calling names will lead you to nowhere. Not constructive at all.
germanbaboon 9:43 PM - 5 February, 2006
Quote:

youve got to be kidding right? *Yawn* Professional Organization? you can go ahead and start another chapter of LAMBDA LAMBDA LAMBDA with Mike CocKquilla and I guarantee you still wont get gigs. have you been to www.thedjlist.com ? you will be stuck at the bottom of the "professional" list right under your favorite trancer djs tiesto and armand van winkle. you are from OREGON... LOL... STFU and stick to doing small town bars and duck frat parties.

THERE IS NO "US" IN DJING. ITS EITHER YOU OR ME WHO GETS THE GIG. THATS REAL TALK.

is chirpflare even on the dj list? being on the bottom of the list is much better than not even making the djlist, wouldn't you agree?

yeah, there is no "us" in dj'ing, except for those dj's who dj together? i.e. gabriel and dresden, sasha and digweed, etc. oh. but these are cheese trance producers. so i guess they hold no ground...

note: there needs to be a sarcastic font.
germanbaboon 9:46 PM - 5 February, 2006
Quote:

bullshit. you can hold hands with your imaginary friends and sing john lennon's "imagine" all day long. djs are on this board to elevate their game in order to get paid. i guarantee you people will step on each others toes to get gigs in here. its a dog-eat-dog world out there and utimately each dj should look out for his self-interest. if you want to split an hour set amongst 4 djs and spin for 15 min each then go ahead. STFU because all djs have the agenda to take over another djs job.

couldn't be farther from the truth. at least for this particular forum.
Dj Ollie 3:40 AM - 7 March, 2007
Does Serato or Rane offer replacements for the ScratchLive Box, because my USB is really loose now and sometimes cuts out if not held in properly...

I have tried different USB cords but it's the problem is from the box.
Konix 4:00 AM - 7 March, 2007
No replacements, but Rane will fix the USB socket under warranty.
Dj Ollie 7:20 PM - 7 March, 2007
Cool thanks Konix!
Audio1 7:31 PM - 7 March, 2007
anyone know the turnaround time for fixing issues with SL1's?
punosion 11:40 PM - 7 March, 2007
OMFG, why bump this awful thread?
Pete Moss 2:23 AM - 8 March, 2007
I just wrote this in another thread, but it fits here to.

Quote:
Rane makes first class equipment; and honestly, $500 is not much when you consider that a good weekend more than pays for it. SSL is cheaper than a turntable, it's cheaper than a CD Player, it's cheaper than a mixer, it's cheaper than an amp, it's cheaper than most speakers, Hell-it's cheaper than some cases.