Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Dj issues With Numark Ns7

ngodsarms@yahoo.com 4:35 AM - 3 May, 2013
I like the interface of Serato Dj however there are several issues I've encountered. The mic doesn't work at all. Serato Dj also hangs indefinitely when you load a video or picture on one side and an audio track on the other side. The start time for the platter is much slower than it was in Itch where you had an instant playback option. The strip search doesn't move the track all the way to the beginning even though you may slide it all the way to the left. I have been anticipating this update for my Numark ns7 for some time now but I'm back to Itch until the bugs are worked out.
KevinM 7:21 PM - 3 May, 2013
I am experiencing some problems as well... When I click down on the rotary browser that moves between crates and library it does not open the sub crates it simply displays all tracks in the initial crate. So I have to navigate it with my trackpad which defeats the purpose. Also audio quality sounds like garbage for some reason. Help please. Switching back to Itch until this is resolved.
DJRONC30 11:17 PM - 3 May, 2013
I am experiencing problems as well..... When my crates load up and i go to select a crate the software crashes. I am switching by to Itch until this is resolved. The Serato DJ software for the NS7 should be fully tested for the NS7 to include fixing bug and issues before the software is made available for download. This is getting old everytime i download a new software for Scratch Live and Serato Itch this is always an issue and an update has to be downloaded with the issues corrected. If the time is taken for the issues to resolved the first time there wouldnt be all these issues.
phatbob 11:30 PM - 3 May, 2013
Quote:
I am experiencing problems as well..... When my crates load up and i go to select a crate the software crashes. I am switching by to Itch until this is resolved. The Serato DJ software for the NS7 should be fully tested for the NS7 to include fixing bug and issues before the software is made available for download. This is getting old everytime i download a new software for Scratch Live and Serato Itch this is always an issue and an update has to be downloaded with the issues corrected. If the time is taken for the issues to resolved the first time there wouldnt be all these issues.

What did Serato say when you opened your help request?
DJ.Tyme 12:51 AM - 4 May, 2013
Quote:

+1
ngodsarms@yahoo.com 11:29 AM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Nothing yet. Silence......
DJ.Tyme 5:46 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nothing yet. Silence......

+10,000
phatbob 7:08 PM - 9 May, 2013
ngodsarms@yahoo.com, your help request doesn't seem to be showing up in search. Are you sure it posted ok?
ngodsarms@yahoo.com 9:57 PM - 10 May, 2013
Should be there now phatbob.
LM 1:22 PM - 14 May, 2013
As soon as serato dj came out I tested it on two different laptops with my ns7 and found same problems. Audio sounds horrible and not getting stereo output on headphones also no mic output, also can not adjust cue on mixer section on software and was told by serato that it was to protect my ns7. (ahh what?) also problems with loading crates and system crashes and stalls when trying to sync tracs. I informed serato that It feels as if instead of improving on itch they just put this software together from ns6 serato dj ( which I also had similar problems with,) and put it out without proper testing. Come on Serato let's get it together....Went back to itch till these issues are solved.
DJ dVO 2:22 PM - 14 May, 2013
IMHO, NS7 works best with Itch - a simple hardware to work hand-in-hand with a simple interface, Itch. Period.

Not everyone has the privilege to own two or more controllers but if you do, I would use the NS7 with Itch and VCI-380 or SX with DJ. The latter controllers are newer and can handle the complexity of DJ a tad better.

It bogs my mind that why would anyone wants to use a software that is loaded with functionalities such as FX, Samples, Sliced, etc to use on a controller that is not designed for these physically? Dual hardware functionalities you say? Something will have ought to give, hence the problems most will see.
LM 3:36 PM - 14 May, 2013
What?? DJ dVO
Serato put out (serato dj ) 1.2 that according to them is designed to work with Numark ns7 and by pointing out the errors on their software I help not only myself but all the other Dj's that will love to have such funcionalities as midi mapping and extra effects that thier software has to offer. I am aware that the numark ns7 works better at this time with itch which is still why I am still currently using but as an ns7 user these additional functionalities can only help obtain better performance hence my concern and no I do not own 2 controllers but when a software has problems it does not matter what controller u use only that these issues should be pointed out so they can be aware and make it perform better...
DJ.Tyme 5:57 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
As soon as serato dj came out I tested it on two different laptops with my ns7 and found same problems. Audio sounds horrible and not getting stereo output on headphones also no mic output, also can not adjust cue on mixer section on software and was told by serato that it was to protect my ns7. (ahh what?) also problems with loading crates and system crashes and stalls when trying to sync tracs. I informed serato that It feels as if instead of improving on itch they just put this software together from ns6 serato dj ( which I also had similar problems with,) and put it out without proper testing. Come on Serato let's get it together....Went back to itch till these issues are solved.

nothing but problems with itch also on my ns7 thats why i went virtual dj & no probs. tried serato dj ? i un-installed it & itch that same day
DJ Quartz 1:28 AM - 15 May, 2013
Windows?
ngodsarms@yahoo.com 11:21 AM - 15 May, 2013
Well I like my Mac Dj Quartz....I really hate all these issues with Serato products (except for Scratch Live).
DJ Quartz 2:18 PM - 15 May, 2013
I was curious to if was OSX or Windows because I had a lot of issues on the Windows side.
ngodsarms@yahoo.com 2:22 PM - 15 May, 2013
I dual boot ---meaning I got Windows and Mac Osx on a Macbook. I have a lot of problems on the Mac side. On the windows side Serato Dj will load but crashes consistently on start-up.
Djrizen 2:25 PM - 15 May, 2013
Just installed Serato Dj to use with my NS7. I open the software and it immediately crashes. Un installed, installed again, same issue. Opened Itch, now that's crashing as well. Itch was running fine prior to the Dj install. Anyone having the same issues? The message I get just says THE APPLICATION MUST SHUT DOWN DUE TO AN ERROR. It doesn't recognize the hardware either and all drivers have been updated.
DJ.Tyme 4:18 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Just installed Serato Dj to use with my NS7. I open the software and it immediately crashes. Un installed, installed again, same issue. Opened Itch, now that's crashing as well. Itch was running fine prior to the Dj install. Anyone having the same issues? The message I get just says THE APPLICATION MUST SHUT DOWN DUE TO AN ERROR. It doesn't recognize the hardware either and all drivers have been updated.

here is my thread i started on this same subject = serato.com
KevinM 10:26 PM - 17 May, 2013
Anyone solve the subcrate issue yet? 2 weeks no response Serato, thanks alot...
phatbob 10:39 PM - 17 May, 2013
Quote:
Anyone solve the subcrate issue yet? 2 weeks no response Serato, thanks alot...

Except that response from Logan D, when he said:

Quote:
Hey guys,

We'll fix this in an update so that it works like in ITCH :)
mgar724772 7:51 PM - 30 May, 2013
I'M HAVING THE SAME CRASH PROBLEM WITH ITCH 2.2.2
Youngtee 2:53 AM - 31 May, 2013
Ohhh this sounds really Glitchy I'm on the V7's which haven't been released yet but my bros on the NS7 as said Serato DJ frozzzzzzzzzzzze on him a few time during his set. So hopefully they sort all the bugs out for this soon cause it sucks when you have to reboot a programme during a set.
tgon 10:56 PM - 6 June, 2013
i just installed dj to use with NS7 and i noticed none of my saved loops transfered over and i had them locked on itch, anyone else have this problem?
pdidy 5:29 AM - 7 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I see what you did right there....;)
latineq 3:16 AM - 25 June, 2013
What I been noticing about serato dj is that songs can be the same tempo (BPM) but wont stay sync for long (This Is happening with many of my songs. I Didn't have this Problem with itch)
dJ Jkey 5:54 PM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
What I been noticing about serato dj is that songs can be the same tempo (BPM) but wont stay sync for long (This Is happening with many of my songs. I Didn't have this Problem with itch)

it not the software problem bro its motor on your ns7 they are not the same speed it happens to all moving platter bro even on 1200s
dJ Jkey 5:56 PM - 27 June, 2013
i want the ns7 2 but how we trust to spend $1500 then have no back up software they never even got itch right it took them 5 years smh i love my ns7 but this sucks not knowing we have any help from software side of things.......
doublez 2:16 AM - 19 July, 2013
I have the Numark NS7 and I'm using Itch 2.2.2 on Windows 7 SP1 64bit. If my Numark NS7 controller is not connected to my Windows machine, Itch 2.2.2 will open normally and display the "hardware disconnected" message. As I connect the NS7 controller hardware via USB Itch 2.2.2 crashes immediately. If the NS7 controller is already connected to my Windows machine when I open Itch 2.2.2, Itch crashes in about 2 seconds flat.

When I roll back to some godforsaken old version like Itch 1.5 everything works. Too bad those old versions of Itch are lacking many features which I've come to expect from Serato/Itch...

If anyone who has experienced similar issues has some words of advice for me, they would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

-z
RiddimE 2:37 AM - 19 July, 2013
If your using itunes to organize your music.

I had similar problems until i removed itunes. For some reason on windows, itunes and Itch don't play nice for some people.
DJ Thex 10:34 AM - 19 July, 2013
I have the same issues with serato dj... itch 2.2.2 is rock stable for me but with serato dj the strip search doesn't go back to the beginning, the level meters don't reset at startup (they are lit all the way up until you load a tune and play it), the crossfader doesn't work properly (center fade both decks get quiet, but fade either way and gets very loud x-fader curve changes nothing) sound quality is crap, mic/aux input doesn't work nsfx is twitchy... this is after getting latest drivers from numark as well... windows 7 ultimate 32bit, latests updates/patches, clean install of os from format of hard drive, no other software installed besides serato dj v1.2.1, serato itch 2.2.2 and numark ns7 drivers v2.8.24 all fresh downloads from serato/numark and no other devices connected to my intel based acer laptop. Frankly serato dj is just a joke at this point... I am sure it works just fine with a ddj-sx but I like my ns7 and don't really want to buy a new controller just to work around piss-poor software testing...

Platform:
Acer Extensa 5235 laptop
1.8ghz dual-core Intel cpu
3gb RAM
250GB HD
Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (32bit, fully patched/updated)
Numark NS7FX (driver version 2.8.24)
Serato DJ v1.2.1
Serato Itch v2.2.2 (completely stable, no issues/problems)
DJ.Tyme 1:57 PM - 19 July, 2013
Quote:
I have the same issues with serato dj... itch 2.2.2 is rock stable for me but with serato dj the strip search doesn't go back to the beginning, the level meters don't reset at startup (they are lit all the way up until you load a tune and play it), the crossfader doesn't work properly (center fade both decks get quiet, but fade either way and gets very loud x-fader curve changes nothing) sound quality is crap, mic/aux input doesn't work nsfx is twitchy... this is after getting latest drivers from numark as well... windows 7 ultimate 32bit, latests updates/patches, clean install of os from format of hard drive, no other software installed besides serato dj v1.2.1, serato itch 2.2.2 and numark ns7 drivers v2.8.24 all fresh downloads from serato/numark and no other devices connected to my intel based acer laptop. Frankly serato dj is just a joke at this point... I am sure it works just fine with a ddj-sx but I like my ns7 and don't really want to buy a new controller just to work around piss-poor software testing...

Platform:
Acer Extensa 5235 laptop
1.8ghz dual-core Intel cpu
3gb RAM
250GB HD
Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (32bit, fully patched/updated)
Numark NS7FX (driver version 2.8.24)
Serato DJ v1.2.1
Serato Itch v2.2.2 (completely stable, no issues/problems)

+1 i so feel you on this subject
Pumar 3:25 PM - 20 July, 2013
Having very similar issues with serato dj. I was really hoping that with the new update these bugs would be fixed. Instead I'm dealing with more problems. I have no lights lighting up on the FX piece. When I do use the effects the software locks up leaving me no option but to shut it down and restart. This is absolutely embarrassing! Can you hear the booing? I'm also getting a pop up when loading tracks telling me I don't have enough storage to perform operation. What is going on???
DJ.Tyme 3:43 PM - 20 July, 2013
Serato DJ = Garbage.... Enough Iz Enough.... Serato Itch = Garbage.... Why Can't I Turn On My NS7 & Just DJ, Without Worries Of Something Flashing & Krashing ???? Ohhhhh Yeah I Kan ???? It's Kalled Virtual DJ. It Works Just Fine,With My NS7... So As Of 2day = Control Panel,Programs & Features,Uninstall. Both Serato DJ & Itch Are Getting The Boot, Off Both Of My Laptops... Peace Out Serato. Maybe i'll Look Ya Up In The Next 15 Updates. Kause Ya Wanna Give Us Krap Software & Then Give Us Hella Krap Updates. Who Do U Think We/Us DJ's Are ? YOUR BETA TESTERS ??????
ngodsarms@yahoo.com 4:32 PM - 25 July, 2013
My microphone is working now on the Numark ns7 with the 1.2.1 update. Kudos...
iamhe1 8:59 PM - 7 August, 2013
do anyone know how to put track numbers in while recording with itch
Ted Mclean 4:14 PM - 12 October, 2013
Hi it seems i have no Strip Search no longer works with DJ v1.5.0 on the Numark NS7 any way tro fix this prob ?? or do i have to use ITCH until a fix comes out
Papa Midnight 8:01 PM - 12 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I see what you did right there....;)

Damn, I'm remembering that one.
DJ Quartz 5:09 AM - 15 October, 2013
Quote:
Hi it seems i have no Strip Search no longer works with DJ v1.5.0 on the Numark NS7 any way tro fix this prob ?? or do i have to use ITCH until a fix comes out

Known issue in 1.5
djsin 11:20 PM - 24 December, 2013
i am now using serato dj 1.5.2 and unmark ns7 and every time i load the software it be working fine and the it would freeze and start loading my iTunes crates all over again
DJ Quartz 8:59 PM - 27 December, 2013
Definitely report this
djsin 1:22 AM - 28 December, 2013
how do i report such a problem ?DJ Quartz
DJ Quartz 12:57 PM - 28 December, 2013
Open a help request in the help section.
Dj Khris 3:18 PM - 28 February, 2014
I recently purchase a 2012 15 inch retina and installed serato dj 1.6... it doesn't even recognise my ns7.... im back at itch for the meanwhile too.... scratch live works perfectly fine as well...
anyone experiencing the same issue?
DJ Quartz 6:49 PM - 28 February, 2014
Have you tried reinstalling the drivers. Also, Numark has newer drivers for download for the NS7.
Youngtee 8:35 PM - 4 March, 2014
Quote:
I recently purchase a 2012 15 inch retina and installed serato dj 1.6... it doesn't even recognise my ns7.... im back at itch for the meanwhile too.... scratch live works perfectly fine as well...
anyone experiencing the same issue?

Like DJ Quartz has mentioned try the newer drivers I had that issue when upgraded to 1.6 but got the prompts to upgrade the unmark drivers.

give it a try if you haven't already
Dj johnnyk 7:29 AM - 11 March, 2014
Hey Dj's I just want to know if there's anyone on here using mavericks 10.9.2 because I am and I connected my ns7 and opened itch it recognizes the controller and everything but no sound coming out not even in my headphones I called serato no answer left msg no return phone call open a help request and still no answer yet so I wanted to know if anyone else Is having similar issues oh and I tried serato Dj as well and it was the same result help please!!!
Thanks in advance for your input it's greatly appreciated.
DJ dVO 1:11 AM - 12 March, 2014
Have you updated to the newest firmware update released by Numark? That's a start...
Dj johnnyk 1:27 AM - 12 March, 2014
Hey Dj dVO Thanks for your input. Yes I have updated the driver to v2.2.6 I'm not sure if that's what you meant by firmware
Dj Khris 6:47 PM - 18 March, 2014
Thanks guys its working now... updated the firmware
Mix Master Master T 6:33 PM - 1 May, 2014
My problem is with the tracks, sometimes when you load a track, it just start skipping to the end of the track and I would have to restart my Mac a few times to get this issue solve
DJ Quartz 1:14 PM - 2 May, 2014
Make sure you are running the latest driver if you upgraded to Maverick.
Youngtee 3:38 AM - 3 May, 2014
Quote:
My problem is with the tracks, sometimes when you load a track, it just start skipping to the end of the track and I would have to restart my Mac a few times to get this issue solve

Hey Mix Master Master T,

You might want to post your issue in the help area so that Serato support can help you get that sorted.
DJ_EQmixxx 2:50 AM - 19 December, 2016
I have macpro 3.06 dou core with 8g ram running Yosemite 10.10 TOO ALL NS7 USERS! I have been using the latest ns7ii drivers on reg NS7 with latest serato Dj .. they work solid on reg NS7.." download latest serato Dj and also download latest drivers for NS7ii, install NS7ii drivers to run on original ns7 .. they can be found in numark NS7ii page.. no drop outs no CPU issues ran NS7 for 6 gigs at 4 hrs each, not one issue good luck hope this helps.. Video is also solid with this setup. Hope it helps anyone
Ratslc 4:01 AM - 21 December, 2016
Dj_EQmixxx are you using 17 or 15?
DJ_EQmixxx 2:13 PM - 22 December, 2016
17.... also serato itch 2.2.2 is solid with no drop outs or issues. ...Serato Crates should be loaded to laptop and music files on hard drive,, I've tested serato crates on external-hard drive and have found that it causes sudden pause glitch so keep music in ext-hd and serato crate libary on computer hard drive,,this is what I found to be key to zero drop outs or glitches.. YouTube video can show u how to move serato crates.