Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

bigger brigther disply for tracks and more

DJ CROSSFADE 10:29 PM - 8 October, 2004
yo was up im dj cross+fade from mixkings radio www.mixkings.co.uk i saw the rane scratch live nice but it could use a bighter disply black doe's not work will when u spining at a club or whatever like the name of the tracks sould be a nuther color like red and that goes the same with bpm's there should be a keylock and i dont know if this is on there but if u played a track it should have some thing by it saying u did . and u should try to bet out stanton and be more reliable big up from mixkings radio cheers mates
radish 10:55 PM - 8 October, 2004
Here's a free box of punctuation:

,..,,.!?."'."@()

And (as a special today only offer!) some capital letters:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Revolutionary 11:15 PM - 8 October, 2004
LOL, radish.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:19 PM - 8 October, 2004
Thanks for the ups DJ Crossfade! :)

The BPM and keylock features are being worked on and will be available in a future release.

The Scratch LIVE display should be a dark gray color. I recommend turning the brightness up on your monitor/display so you can see the GUI better.
feniks 11:32 PM - 8 October, 2004
i like the color scheme as it is right now. i use it at the club on a regular basis and have no problem seeing the display or track names. actually the black background is nice because it contrasts nicely with the other info (actually stands out nicely in a dark environment). also, when you are in a dark environment such as a club, the lat thing you want is a white screen shining bright white light to blind you. trust me...black is better.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:47 PM - 8 October, 2004
Once you go black you'll never go back :)
feniks 2:52 AM - 9 October, 2004
ain't that the truth.
BassChamber 10:05 AM - 9 October, 2004
yes, black background is good, but i would like brighter waveform views. sometimes the red, blue and green colors seems too dark when spinning in the club...

anyways, colored waveforms are dope! this is one of SSL features i like most, over all the rest of FS, Mixvibes, Digiscratch...

BTW, yesterday i showed SSL to a dj with 16 years of experience. he was shocked! immediately he told me to sell SSL to him... of course, i did not! :D

awesome work SSL team ;)
KFunk 5:41 AM - 10 October, 2004
Quote:
Unless you type command+control+option+8 on a mac ;)
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:44 PM - 11 October, 2004
Quote:
Unless you type command+control+option+8 on a mac ;)

Hahaha...indeed!
Detroitbootybass 11:08 PM - 11 October, 2004
Quote:

The blacker the berry... the sweeter the juice.
Prime-X 7:19 AM - 16 October, 2004
command+control+option+8 on a mac, what does it do? I'm a PC user
Revolutionary 10:57 AM - 16 October, 2004
Doesn't it invert the color or something? I'm not sure though, since I'm running SSL in Windows XP.
feniks 1:25 PM - 16 October, 2004
yep...inverts the screen color
KFunk 5:54 PM - 17 October, 2004
Its actually considered a feature for those with viewing disabilities, even though I use it after looking at a computer all day, it helps eye fatigue. This feature inverts all the colors that are displayed. i.e. white shown as black, blue shown as yellow, green as purple.This allows you to view SSL as a white interface.
Revolutionary 8:08 PM - 17 October, 2004
That's pretty awesome.
KFunk 10:27 PM - 17 October, 2004
Yes it is a cool one. If you ever see a Mac on display at a store hit those 4 keys and see if any of the sales people can get it back to normal. :D
Revolutionary 4:54 AM - 18 October, 2004
Guess what I'm going to do in my lunch break ;)
DJ 3pm 3:09 PM - 18 October, 2004
i've got a message up about this with screenshots @ scratchlive.net

sorry about the image quality, cameraphone.
Revolutionary 3:10 PM - 19 October, 2004
Markers will be fucked up though if you run SSL at home without screen inverted. Guess you just have to remember this when you're out spinning those crazy control records...
DJ Geoff B 11:21 AM - 31 May, 2007
I really like the current look of the interface when DJing in a club. It's not so bright that your eyes have to re-adjust when you look between your decks/mixer and the VGA screen.

This past weekend, however, I used SSL in an outdoor, bright sunlight environment. It was really difficult to read the screen, no matter how much I shaded my "booth" area.

A bright max contrast option would have been really helpful. I realize that DJing outdoor during the day is fairly uncommon, but it does come up from time to time.

Anyone agree?
cappinkirk 3:25 PM - 31 May, 2007
mac users > universal access can do this