Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Democrats in Congress have No Balls

dj_KaSE 11:17 PM - 23 September, 2008
money.cnn.com

Seriously, they need to grow a pair. Bunch of pussies.
sixxx 12:27 PM - 24 September, 2008
I hope you didn't personally check each one of them. Lol
dj_KaSE 3:33 PM - 24 September, 2008
Jajajaja
DJ-A 3:41 PM - 24 September, 2008
So, why would you want Obama to be your president?
dj_KaSE 3:44 PM - 24 September, 2008
Is Obama responsible for their lack of will? I don't understand your question.
DJ-A 3:47 PM - 24 September, 2008
"Democrats in Congress have No Balls" so since he has started running for pres he has grown a pair?
tig ol' bitties 3:48 PM - 24 September, 2008
cuz he's a democrat.

I am not sure on my stance about this...all I know is that they should be very careful not to fuck up anything environmentally speaking that will damage marine life and screw up the natural life cycle of the ocean.

there may be rewards to doing this, but I really really hope they outwiegh the risks, esp if doing it isnt going to be an immediate help to the gas prices.
DJ-A 3:55 PM - 24 September, 2008
i have a hard time being so dedicated to a political party that i will vote for them just because they are __________.

i think that Obama doesnt have the experience that i feel is necessary for a president. at the same time i feel like McCain is out there for personal gain more than making america a better place.
tig ol' bitties 3:56 PM - 24 September, 2008
Id rather have someone with no experience with a well built cabinet around him, then someone as out of touch with the average american and as old and stuck in his ways as MCcain is.
dj_KaSE 3:57 PM - 24 September, 2008
www.cnn.com

In this article, Obama suggests there be a comprehensive plan that doesn't just include offshore drilling, i.e. we shouldn't drill just for the sake of drilling.

It seems, though, that the Democrats in Congress, as a whole, have just given in to pressure from the Republicans and I would really like to know why. As far as I'm concerned, it appears that the Democrats caved in to the Republicans' united front and that is a huge disappointment.

So to answer your question, Obama was against drilling until just recently (the article is dated August 3, 2008), as at the very least he was against it when he had started running for President.

From this point on it will be interesting to see if he further changes his stance. As it is, I haven't heard anything about his reaction to letting the ban expire.

Overall, though, I am disappointed.
DJ-A 3:58 PM - 24 September, 2008
yeah... i kind of see it as picking the person who will do less damage.

I think Obama has great ideas, but i dont know if he has any idea how to get them done.
FU_PAY_ME 4:01 PM - 24 September, 2008
"Democrats in Congress have No Balls"

Neither does the Republican Nominee for VP, whats your point?
dj_KaSE 4:05 PM - 24 September, 2008
Like Bill Clinton has said, you can argue that no one is ever fully prepared to be President. However, IMO the hypocrisy and flawed logic that exists within the Republican Party far outweighs that of the Democratic Party, so I simply do not trust them as much as I do the Democrats. Keep in mind that I don't think the Democrats are perfect; I simply relate to their ideas more often and trust them more. And believe it or not, I do occasionally agree with a Republican.
dj_KaSE 4:05 PM - 24 September, 2008
lol @ FU, you got me there
FlexyD 4:09 PM - 24 September, 2008
Quote:
"Democrats in Congress have No Balls"

Neither does the Republican Nominee for VP, whats your point?

too funny
FlexyD 4:12 PM - 24 September, 2008
Quote:
Like Bill Clinton has said, you can argue that no one is ever fully prepared to be President. However, IMO the hypocrisy and flawed logic that exists within the Republican Party far outweighs that of the Democratic Party, so I simply do not trust them as much as I do the Democrats. Keep in mind that I don't think the Democrats are perfect; I simply relate to their ideas more often and trust them more. And believe it or not, I do occasionally agree with a Republican.

+1 well said KaSE
DJ-A 4:13 PM - 24 September, 2008
that took me 2 seconds... LoL...

did anyone see the SNL skit a couple weeks ago with Hillary and Sarah on it? that was some funny shit