Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Discussion split from 'My music is not being backed up at closing of serato.'

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Deejay Steve 9:31 PM - 15 April, 2013
I'm having a similar problem with my set up. Mac OS X 10.6.8, SSL 2.4.4 and on the odd occasion when I close down SSL it comes up with an error message "Scratch Live closed unexpectedly"
I thought I was going mad but when it happens the latest tracks I had entered in the library just disappear from the library. Files are still there on the hard drive but are lost within the library of SSL.
Files disappear from library but if they are in crates then they are still there, it's very strange.
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:45 PM - 15 April, 2013
Hey Steve,

I thought I'd create your own help thread:)

I would suggest rebuilding your databaseV2 file(s) first off --> serato.com
Once done I would analyze all your music using 2.4.4 (or whatever version you're running).
Do this by unplugging your Rane hardware, holding down the ctrl key, and clicking on 'analyze files'.
Once its done analyzing, look through your 'all' section and delete ANY corrupt files found.
Deejay Steve 11:08 PM - 15 April, 2013
Hi Zach,

I have been using the latest version for just over a week. I have just rebuilt the database from scratch and scanned all of the files using 2.4.4 and there are no corrupt files in my database.
The only thing that might have caused a problem was I copied the crates and pasted them into this latest version from SSL 1.9.2. (Was this a big mistake?)
It took a day to analyse my database already and scanning the videos with this version caused freezing during the analysing which meant it took even longer but I managed to scan everything.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:02 PM - 16 April, 2013
Quote:
The only thing that might have caused a problem was I copied the crates and pasted them into this latest version from SSL 1.9.2. (Was this a big mistake?)

This shouldn't be an issue.
Did you hold down the ctrl key and press the analyze files tab when analyzing your music after rebuilding your database? This is very important. Otherwise it won't analyze everything.
My guess is the database rewrite will fix your issues:)
Deejay Steve 1:15 AM - 17 April, 2013
I did hold down the ctrl key when I did it but if you think a rescan of every file is required I will do it. Will get back to you with results
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:06 PM - 17 April, 2013
If you haven't done so already, I would definitely reanalyze your entire library using the steps I posted above. That will ensure your library is in fact corrupt file free.
Deejay Steve 11:47 AM - 18 April, 2013
Hi Zach, will do it over Sunday/Monday then get back to you, thanks
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:14 PM - 18 April, 2013
Coolio:)
Deejay Steve 12:33 PM - 24 April, 2013
Hi Zach, will be scanning and rebuilding the library file tonight after a video gig, will take until Thursday night to complete as a guess