Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

My music is not being backed up at closing of serato.

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Michael Spinz 1:37 AM - 13 April, 2013
There is one crate that every time i close and re-open my serato, i have to reload the crate so it loads half of the songs i have on that crate.
Michael Spinz 2:11 AM - 13 April, 2013
It's not fixed yet, still have the same problem.
deejdave 3:30 AM - 13 April, 2013
This is probably not something that will be fixed on its own a half hr. later. I am guessing this is an issue of mixing songs on a external HDD and internal HDD. Are you plugging in external prior to opening Serato?
Michael Spinz 8:53 PM - 13 April, 2013
Yeah, i have my HDD plugged in most of the time before starting up my serato but i've done that in the past and it has never been an issue. This problem just started.
deejdave 11:25 PM - 14 April, 2013
Have you done any library management lately? Moving files, deleting files, renaming anything, etc?
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:44 PM - 15 April, 2013
Hey Michael,

Are you using a new external drive?
How is the external drive formatted?

1. Ctrl+click on your external hard drive icon that is sitting on your desktop.
2. Choose 'Get Info'.
3. Look under 'Format' to see the format of your drive.

If the drive is formatted Window NTFS you will need to reformat the drive before you'll be able to "write" information to the drive.

Please read this article on how to reformat the drive --> serato.com
Deejay Steve 9:31 PM - 15 April, 2013
This message has been moved to a new discussion: serato.com

I'm having a similar problem with my set up. Mac OS X 10.6.8, SSL 2.4.4 and on the odd occasion when I close down SSL it comes up with an error message "Scratch Live closed unexpectedly"
I thought I was going mad but when it happens the latest tracks I had entered in the library just disappear from the library. Files are still there on the hard drive but are lost within the library of SSL.
Files disappear from library but if they are in crates then they are still there, it's very strange.
10:00 PM, 29 Apr 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.