Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Vinyl mode not working on Decks 1 & 3

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
carnage 3:29 PM - 7 April, 2013
This happened before and re-starting the software fixed it. basically, even with vinyl mode selcted, it does not work - only speeds up or slows down when trying to scratch etc. this is on both decks 1 & 3, but not 2 & 4.

Using latest versions of software and firmware.

Jog sensitivty is set at about 2pm.
carnage 12:34 PM - 8 April, 2013
Ok, i have just tried this with Virtual DJ and it is a hardware fault. Who do i ring to sort this out?
Serato, Support
Rui K 5:03 AM - 9 April, 2013
Hi carnage,

Here is the contacts lists for Pioneer technical support in the world.
(Right hand side of the page) serato.com

Thanks
Rui
carnage 5:18 PM - 10 April, 2013
i see a large number of posts stating this same problem. Is it a known issue with the units?
carnage 6:41 PM - 10 April, 2013
OK, I had my unit all packaged up ready to be sent back (paid the £45 for the courier and compensation), and thought I would give it one last go.

I used a different USB port but it still didnt work. I then tried another and it did work!!

So what I really need to kow now is where is the problem: is it the pc or the unit? Iniitally it worked fine with the first USB port but then it stopped. So that means although it is now working in the current USB port, it could well stop at anytime. Once it stops working in any USB port what do i do then?

Currently I am using the SX and Serato on my desktop PC (2gb RAM, internet, downloading, full of crap) because having seem a large number of problems with the SX + Serato before I bought it, I thought I would try it out first before splashing out on a new laptop.

I am looking at getting a new laptop very soon (costing in the region of £2,000) - but i dont want to do that it the unit stops sending info through the USB ports properly.

I would really apprecaiet some help on this one. Thanks
Serato, Support
Rui K 10:50 PM - 10 April, 2013
Hi carnage,

You should try with some computer meet minimum specification for Serato DJ.
You can find out minimum specifications from here. serato.com

Your Windows 7 (64 bit) need at least 4 GB RAM.

If you going to get new PC just let you know we don't support Windows 8 at this point.

Regards

Rui
11:00 PM, 24 Apr 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.