Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Help cant analyze songs and serato keeps freezing.

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark Mixtrack Pro
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Aj Aj 1:07 AM - 1 April, 2013
i have about 22,000 songs i clicked analyze and it says analyze complete but theres still about 200 songs that are not analyzed like with no bpm and i draged a song manually to were it says anaylze it says complete but it still has no bpm. Another problem that i have is every type of serato on my computer keeps freezing and i have to close it and open the program again these problems are really bothering me. Please Help.
Aj Aj 8:01 PM - 2 April, 2013
Any Help?
Aj Aj 4:02 AM - 5 April, 2013
i updated serato dj intro to 1.1.1 but same problems
Serato, Support
Rui K 5:30 AM - 8 April, 2013
Hi Aj Aj,

Try this:

Before do this you must select "Set Auto BPM" option next to Analyse botton.

Group the files that do not have a BPM together. Click on the first file. Hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard, at the same time click on the last file. They should all highlight.

When they are highlighted, double click on the BPM field of the first file, type in 100. The program will warn you that you will be changing all the BPMs of these songs to 100. Click ok/yes.

Repeat the same process but this time delete the 100 bpm and leave it blank and then press enter. All files will have a blank BPM field again.

Now highlight all these files and drag and drop them ontop of the analyze button.

They will analyze, do they now have a BPM?

Rui
Aj Aj 1:31 AM - 10 April, 2013
Hi Rui thank you for replying i finally got help! I try to highlight but the program keeps crashing on me, like it would freeze then crash. It really bothers me i can hardly use the program with it crashing on me. Thanks for the help.
Serato, Support
Rui K 3:07 AM - 10 April, 2013
No problem. How many songs did you highlighted? 200? Maybe try few songs first and see how it go?

Also I do recommend to download and install latest Serato DJ version 1.1.2.

Let me know how it go. :)

Rui
Aj Aj 6:09 PM - 10 April, 2013
no like as soon as i open the program like even if i listen to music it keeps freezing.
Aj Aj 6:30 PM - 10 April, 2013
hi also tried to do it like only 10 songs it still does not work.
Serato, Support
Rui K 9:41 PM - 10 April, 2013
Quote:
no like as soon as i open the program like even if i listen to music it keeps freezing.

Would you be able to list down your computer specifications please?

and also do you use external HDD?

Thanks
Aj Aj 7:19 PM - 11 April, 2013
HP windows 7, 64 bit service pack 1, intel(R) Core(tm) i5-2140M cpu @2.30 GHz, 6gb...... Yes i use a external hardrive. Thanks
Serato, Support
Rui K 11:00 PM - 11 April, 2013
Cool, I have few more questions....

- How many files in your external HDD?

- Does Scratch Live keep crashing even without external HDD?

- Have you copied part of your 200 songs you need to get BPM (say 10 files) into you internal HDD and analyse files "without" external HDD?

Thanks

Rui
Aj Aj 6:06 PM - 12 April, 2013
23,458, yes, yes
Serato, Support
Rui K 10:44 PM - 14 April, 2013
Could you attach your music file on here please? Just 1 file from those 200 files.

Thanks
Aj Aj 1:58 AM - 15 April, 2013
can u also tell me a solution that my serato doesn't freeze thats also a main concern.
Serato, Support
Rui K 2:10 AM - 15 April, 2013
Quote:
can u also tell me a solution that my serato doesn't freeze thats also a main concern.

I think all of your problem might cause from some of your music file. So I'd like to check your music file If I can.

Thanks
Aj Aj 2:14 AM - 15 April, 2013
yes sure but its not the music even when i attach the controller only like after 2 mins a sign comes up saying not responding it freeze the the program restarts.
Serato, Support
Rui K 2:23 AM - 15 April, 2013
Can you please try rebuilding your database V2 file on your internal drive then.

Instructions are here, follow them carefully: serato.com

Let me know if you can open the software, firstly without your controller connected, and then try connecting the controller.

Thanks
Aj Aj 10:11 PM - 20 April, 2013
ok i will try this
Aj Aj 3:58 AM - 23 April, 2013
hi i did the process to rename the file database v2 but i cant find another serato file for the external hardrive
Aj Aj 3:59 AM - 23 April, 2013
oh i found it! ok do you still need a file of my music?
Serato, Support
Rui K 4:24 AM - 23 April, 2013
How's your Serato DJ after rebuild your database V2 file? Have you re-analyse those 200 songs again??

Thanks
Aj Aj 4:26 AM - 23 April, 2013
same thing bro i made a new database and it still keeps freezing like while it was building a database it froze but after it was done songs arent analyzing.
Aj Aj 4:30 AM - 23 April, 2013
also why is there like a thunder sign next to some lines but the lines are empty? Are those the corrupted files that need to be deleted?
Serato, Support
Rui K 4:40 AM - 23 April, 2013
I should've ask you that first but I thought you already knew about it. My bad.

The most common cause of a crash is having a corrupt file in your music library. You will need to make sure you remove any files marked as corrupt.

To remove corrupt files:

1)Disconnect your Serato Software hardware.
2)Click on your ALL crate
3)Click on the first empty box of your library's column header to group files by type.
4)Delete all files marked with the 'corrupt' icon:

NOTE: Make sure you don't re-import these corrupt tracks into your Serato Software music library. It is wise to delete these files from your hard drive. If you want these tracks, you can either re-download, re-rip, or re-encode these tracks and then import these new versions (check these for corruption too).

Thanks
Aj Aj 4:49 AM - 23 April, 2013
ok im going to try this. Thanks bro i really appreciate you helping me throughout this whole mess i got going on!
5:26 AM, 23 Apr 2013
Aj Aj attached a file: Air raid sirens.mp3
Download· Permalink
5:27 AM, 23 Apr 2013
Aj Aj attached a file: Ambulance passing with siren.mp3
Download· Permalink
5:38 AM, 23 Apr 2013
Aj Aj attached a file: John Paul Young - Love Is In The Air.mp3
Download· Permalink
Aj Aj 5:40 AM - 23 April, 2013
these are some of the files that are not analyzing!
Serato, Support
Rui K 6:34 AM - 23 April, 2013
Cool, thank you for the files.

Auto BPM functions is calculate beats of the song from start to the end and find out estimated tempos of your files.

So first two files (sound effect) are very hard to get BPM because they don't have any beats. (BPM = Beats Per Minute)

"John Paul Young - Love Is In The Air"

I couldn't get Auto BPM neither because of this songs BPM is keep changing. I tried to count BPM manually and then I found out this song started from 122BPM but slowly rised up to 127BPM in the end.

Auto BPM can't get right BPM sometimes because of their beats is unstable. Like Acoustic music or live band for example.

Do you think most of your files couldn't get BPM were those type of music? or BPM is not stable?

Thanks

Rui
Aj Aj 7:52 PM - 23 April, 2013
not really bro for example this song why isnt this have a bpm
7:53 PM, 23 Apr 2013
Aj Aj attached a file: Dance Music - 80s & 90\'s Club Mega Mix.mp3
Download· Permalink
Aj Aj 8:14 PM - 23 April, 2013
also how can i set a song to start from the 1st cue for dj intro?
Aj Aj 8:34 PM - 23 April, 2013
no bro serato is still freezing.
Serato, Support
Rui K 10:14 PM - 23 April, 2013
Quote:
Auto BPM can't get right BPM sometimes because of their beats is unstable.

- Dance Music - 80s & 90's Club Mega Mix

Begining of the song 121BPM - End of the song 131BPM.

Quote:
also how can i set a song to start from the 1st cue for dj intro?

Unfortunately "Play from first cue point" option is not available for DJ Intro. However, you can have this function once you upgrade to Serato DJ.

Quote:
no bro serato is still freezing.

Have you ever connect your external HDD after rebuild your internal HDD's database v2 file? If you have then I suggest you to rebuilt both database v2 files. and make sure delete all corrupt file BEFORE you rebuilt both database v2 files.

Thanks
Aj Aj 2:56 AM - 24 April, 2013
i did i rebuilt both for hardrive and computer.
Serato, Support
Rui K 5:15 AM - 24 April, 2013
Ok, let's get back to your original question and let's clarify what we've solve and what we need to solve.

Quote:
i have about 22,000 songs i clicked analyze and it says analyze complete but theres still about 200 songs that are not analyzed like with no bpm and i draged a song manually to were it says anaylze it says complete but it still has no bpm.

Now we have answer of this question. Auto BPM mode can't give you estimate BPM for unstable BPM music file & corrupt files.

Quote:
Another problem that i have is every type of serato on my computer keeps freezing and i have to close it and open the program again these problems are really bothering me. Please Help.

Let me re-clarify your situations first...

*Just for now I would like you to suggest we are going to solve this problem without external HDD for make this process faster and clearer.

So far we've done two things.

- Rebuild database v2 file
- Delete corrupted files from library and crates.

These are the questions I have...
Quote:
every type of serato on my computer keeps freezing

1. Please list what Serato software do you have. (Far as I know you have Serato DJ & Intro)

Quote:
as soon as i open the program like even if i listen to music it keeps freezing.

Quote:
when i attach the controller only like after 2 mins a sign comes up saying not responding it freeze the the program restarts.

2. Is this still happening after you deleted corrupted files?

Quote:
i have to close it and open the program again

3. Does your Dj Intro get "freeze" or "crash"(shut down)?

4. If DJ Intro does freeze do you need to force quit DJ Intro or can you close DJ Intro from exit menu?

5. If DJ Intro does crash would you be able to send us crash report?

6. Are you having problem with launching DJ Intro now?

7. Are you able to launch DJ intro and control offline mode but freeze while analysing files?

8. Are you able to play DJ Intro but freeze while you playing?

9. How many songs in your library now?

10. How many creates do you have?

11. Would you be able to explain the situation of how does your software get freeze?

Thanks
Aj Aj 11:50 PM - 29 April, 2013
i have about 21,249 songs now. I use dj intro. It freezes with or without external hdd its crashes like i have to force shutdown it, it happens like couple of minutes after i start using it or during the files are analyzing it crashes. I only use dj intro.
Serato, Support
Rui K 1:42 AM - 30 April, 2013
- Would you be able to attach latest crash log on here?

- How many creates do you have?

and try this as well... serato.com
Aj Aj 1:10 AM - 7 May, 2013
ok i will let u know
Aj Aj 3:12 AM - 3 June, 2013
Bro i got another question is there a way i can check what songs i have on my hardrive that are not on dj intro. Thanks.
Serato, Support
Rui K 4:56 AM - 5 June, 2013
Hi Aj Aj,

Serato DJ or Intro doesn't have that kind of functionality unfortunately.

Thanks
1:57 AM, 30 Aug 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.