Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato CDs on Denon 2600F

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
volcanik 4:40 PM - 26 January, 2006
I always use vinyl but I used the Serato CDs for the first time this past weekend at a private gig on a Denon 2600F. When I loaded a song into Serato and pressed play on the Denon it played fine. However when I hit the CUE button on the Denon to go to the beginning of the track, it wouldnt go back to the beginning. It stayed in the same position. Therefore I couldnt use the CUE at all.
Do I need to calibrate something for use with CD players?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:12 PM - 26 January, 2006
its a known issue with cd players

try backing up the song just a touch and set the cue.
nik39 5:38 PM - 26 January, 2006
volcanik are you sure you had SSL in absolute mode and not in relative mode?
volcanik 4:50 PM - 27 January, 2006
X_Trodinaire, I tried that but it didnt help.

nik39, I will double check the mode and make sure its in absolute mode. I'll let you know what happens.

thanks guys.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:25 PM - 27 January, 2006
you just gotta have to get used to it

trial n error :)
DJ REEL 10:53 PM - 27 January, 2006
i have the S-5000's - try cue hitting it twice the second time hold for a spilt sec, gotta remember the cd are time coded so it has to hear the time code from the start of the cd. to actuclly bring it back. it takes some getting used to and its still not perfect, and if u want a perfect mix ur probably gonna have to drag it back to that first hit manually.( if anyone else got a differnt way im all ears!!) . oh and do make sure its in absolute mode.
DJ Unique 5:28 AM - 28 January, 2006
The 2600F needs to be set on Digi-Scratch mode. After you re-cue you need to use the Digi-Scratch to let the sofware know that you are at the current location. Kind of like using the TT to find the desired cue location. If you do not do this, when you press play you will hear a tiny bit of sound from your previous location.
volcanik 7:39 PM - 12 June, 2007
just to resurrect this topic and let everyone know after experiencing it: Since CUE and PLAY are the main buttons you will use on non-tabletop CD players like the Denon 4000s or the old 2600Fs, it makes sense to use absolute mode, since the CUE button will do nothing for you in relative mode.