Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

V7: Dropouts when scratching on Deck A

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark V7
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Ceasar K 5:35 PM - 29 March, 2013
Hi,

Sometimes when i reconnect my V7s to my laptop i experience dropouts when scratching on deck A.

It doesn't happen on deck B even when in single V7 mode.

Itch also completely freeze once.

What i usually do is disable airport, restart the computer and make sure the USB cable is plugged into the port that's nearer to the screen and they run fine again.

I am not sure which part of that process helps.Not sure if its just the restart or the combination of 2 or 3 of those steps.

I am running OSX 10.8.3

Has anyone experienced this before?

Is there a known fix to this?

Also, any news on when Serato DJ for V7 will be out?

I really like those decks but i am still worried to play live with them-i am hoping Serato DJ will be as solid and reliable as Scratch Live.

Thanks,

C.

dizzyrocks2001 8:13 PM - 29 March, 2013
My MacBook is 6 years old but ITCH runs great on it. The only times I've ever had dropouts is if I do anything too CPU intensive before a track is fully loaded into the RAM. When I load a track onto a deck while the other deck is playing the CPU meter in ITCH will go into the red for a couple of seconds but as soon as the track is fully loaded the CPU meter will go back to around 30%. If I try to do anything too fancy before the CPU meter gets out of the red (like scratching or extreme pitch changes) I sometimes experience dropouts. So as a rule I wait a couple of seconds after loading a track before doing anything fancy. I don't know if this applies to your situation but I thought I'd mention it.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 11:04 PM - 9 April, 2013
Hey Ceasar K,

Thanks for getting in touch,

Quote:
Sometimes when i reconnect my V7s to my laptop i experience dropouts when scratching on deck A.

Is this while ITCH is open and running?
Or does this happen at the start when you first launch the program and start mixing?

Have you updated your V7 audio driver?
-- There is a new update out for OSX 10.8+ users.
Download Link Here --> www.numark.com

Driver Update Info:
Release notes for Driver 2.1.18
- Adds support for Mac OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Fixes rare cases where removal of hardware from USB could suspend system MIDI commnication
- Fixes Input/Output reporting descrepancy between driver Control Panel and OSX Audio/MIDI setup utility.
- Various stability and performance improvements

Update your drivers, this has resolved the issue for other users.

Quote:
Itch also completely freeze once.

If it has only happened once and you cant replicate it dont worry to much about it.
It could have been for a number of reasons.

1. Check your library for missing or corrupt files.
-- Remove these from your library.
2. It may have been a CPU spike / system bottleneck somewhere
-- This can happen if the computer has not had a restart for awhile.
-- Lack of power to the computer.
-- Computer is trying to process to much at once.

Quote:
What i usually do is disable airport, restart the computer and make sure the USB cable is plugged into the port that's nearer to the screen and they run fine again.

I would recommend you follow these steps from the start.

1. Connect the V7 to your USB port nearest the screen.
2. Link the V7s together.
3. Power them on.
4. Disable airport and bluetooth.
5. Launch ITCH

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks.
12:00 AM, 24 Apr 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.