Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

SP8 STOP PLAYING WHEN A SWITCH TO A DIFFERENT BANK

DJ NERICK 2:25 AM - 17 March, 2013
I would like to my active samplers on bank "A" to keep active playing on when I switch to a bank "B","C" or "D".

Because, right now if I play samples on bank "A" and I want to play some samples from bank "B" and when i Switch to "B" samples on bank "A" stop playing.

This problem was in Scratch live but they were fixed... AND I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN ....
ed funk 3:53 AM - 18 March, 2013
+1
I want also be able to use keyboard short cuts when I'm in another mode. FX or Recording. Not just being able to trigger them when I'm actually in the SP8 mode.
phatbob 7:45 AM - 18 March, 2013
Quote:
This problem was in Scratch live but they were fixed... AND I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN ....

Dunno what you're on about, Scratch Live works exactly the same.
DEE JAY BASS 9:08 PM - 18 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Dunno what you're on about, Scratch Live works exactly the same.

Yeh we use scratch live on radio to drop Station ID's and DJ intros and we have learned the hard way never to switch the bank when using a sample.. That issue has yet to be resolved..

SP6 is the same on all serato versions
vboyd666 10:37 PM - 19 March, 2013
In order to switch banks. You have to essentially unload the current banks. Thus if you are playing a sample and "eject" it, it will stop playing the sample.

It's like if I am playing a song on deck 2 and load another song into deck 2, then wondering why my original song stopped playing.
Down 10:41 PM - 19 March, 2013
Quote:
In order to switch banks. You have to essentially unload the current banks. Thus if you are playing a sample and "eject" it, it will stop playing the sample.

It's like if I am playing a song on deck 2 and load another song into deck 2, then wondering why my original song stopped playing.

Exactly. There are only six sample players. They can only play one sample at a time each.
rolymaz 7:43 PM - 22 March, 2013
DJ Nerick raises a good point...it would be great to select a sample from any slot, without compromising the sample playing.
DJCY 10:41 AM - 30 November, 2013
Yes we need this now, I like to keep samples playing even if I switch banks, on sp-6
Futuretek 3:54 PM - 5 December, 2013
a fix that needs to happen for sure.
DJ Stoyvo 7:32 PM - 5 December, 2013
Hate to bring up a somewhat old topic, but I agree. If you have a sample from bank A playing, it should remain playing when you switch to bank B.

Suggestion:
If slot 2 of sp6 is playing a sample when a different bank is selected, don't load slot 2 of the new bank. I recommend colour coding the banks as well so you know what bank is playing. It makes sense IMO
Dj Hexus 1:45 AM - 15 December, 2013
I have 16 pads (8 per left and right side) but can only use 6 (and mirrored) for the sampler. It would be nice to use any of the 16 pads with my preloaded ready samples at any given time than have 4 banks of 6 to switch back and forth. Kinda makes me not bother to be honest with the adding faffing about of arranging samples into groups per bank. If I wanted an off the cuff sample drop over the music playing would be a missed opportunity if I was on the 1st bank and my sample was on say bank 4.
Samuel Biti 7:17 PM - 9 January, 2014
Quote:
I have 16 pads (8 per left and right side) but can only use 6 (and mirrored) for the sampler. It would be nice to use any of the 16 pads with my preloaded ready samples at any given time than have 4 banks of 6 to switch back and forth. Kinda makes me not bother to be honest with the adding faffing about of arranging samples into groups per bank. If I wanted an off the cuff sample drop over the music playing would be a missed opportunity if I was on the 1st bank and my sample was on say bank 4.

+1

Same here. I don't understand why it should be so difficult for Serato to make a sample player where you can use each bank and each sample of a bank individualli.

f.e: I have 16 Pads. 8 samples (Bank A loaded) on the right deck and 8 (Bank B loaded) on the left one. now i play my beat on the left 8 pads and add throw-ins or atmospheric stuff on through the left 8 pads.

This would make the samples player somewhat usefull.

At the moment i can only use SP6 for throw ins and sweep effects.
With individual Bank loading for each deck and a "save loop as sample" option you could remix whole songs with the touchpads and that would be awesome.
Vidarr 9:42 PM - 10 January, 2014
+1
DJ Splat 5:29 PM - 12 April, 2014
Can we hear a reply from Serato on this. This isn't isolated and many of us would like an answer. Any answer would do.
ZJCHRIS 7:43 AM - 29 April, 2014
+1
DJ Splat 12:34 PM - 29 April, 2014
Bump
DJCY 9:00 PM - 7 May, 2014
This is still an issue with the newest version 1.6.2

+1
Mark Quest 9:21 AM - 8 May, 2014
way to go bringing up an already prehistoric issue lol

You're DJing - not live producing or finger drumming.

Thats what Ableton & Traktor Sample Decks are for.

Theres a lot of ways to work around the limitations of SP-6.

If you have a 4 deck controller, why not load up your samples as a track & designate cue-points for your samples? Theres 8 samples you can play right away, combined with the 6 from the built-in sampler.. and that's only the beginning of what you do.

They aren't going to make it easy for you - that's what Traktor did & now look how many idiots are 'DJs' & how the community as a whole reacts to them.
deejdave 10:12 AM - 8 May, 2014
Quote:
They aren't going to make it easy for you - that's what Traktor did & now look how many idiots are 'DJs' & how the community as a whole reacts to them.

WOW sooooooooo true!! I use Traktor just to use it. Never professionally. That being said I have always frowned upon Traktor users due to the automation and lack of need for human.

I had a friend who used to show up to his DJ gigs with JUST the X1 and his laptop. He used to literally place his X1 & laptop right on top of the TT or CDJ's..................... RIGHT ON TOP OF THEM instead of using them. How in the name of F is that DJing? Wayyyy to much automation. All you do with Traktor is trigger that approximate time when you want something to happen. You don't actually do it though. Not only that the software is the final decider of exactly when it will happen (down to the second) bot you.