Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

displaying incorrect BPM

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
dont-know
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Gsus4life 7:37 AM - 15 March, 2013
loaded songs.
but when i drop into que one will go in with the correct BPM and another will go in at like: 66BPM which is crazy wrong. Having that issue with a lot of my tracks.
any thoughts?
Asu 4:38 PM - 15 March, 2013
you may have incorrectly scanned your library.

for most top 40/hip hop/dance/reggae, set range between 68 - 135bpm.

i initially had the same problem until i figured this out...you may have to re-scan your whole library or just your frequently used play lists...it's safer to scan the whole thing though.

you may have to rescan the tracks below or above that range separately using their correct range...you can also set the proper range of a song,then drag and drop it on the analyse tab.

Example is 2pac's Hail Mary is 82 BPM and at (68-135) it will be scanned correctly while R. Kelly's Bump N' Grind which is 65 BPM will be doubled as 130 which is wrong in a way.

so you can do the R.kelly one separately by setting the correct range e.g 55-125 or something like that.

Getting the bpm ranges correctly will also depend on your ability to sense the bpm range...

personally,i and many other DJs can guess bpm ranges of many songs due to years of experience.
Gsus4life 4:59 AM - 16 March, 2013
Thank you so much for your help!
Serato, Support
Mak T 10:48 PM - 24 March, 2013
Hey Gsus4life,

Thanks for your post.

Quote:
i initially had the same problem until i figured this out...you may have to re-scan your whole library or just your frequently used play lists...it's safer to scan the whole thing though.

you may have to rescan the tracks below or above that range separately using their correct range...you can also set the proper range of a song,then drag and drop it on the analyse tab.

Asu, thank you for this, this is a great explanation!

Cheers

Mak T
11:00 PM, 7 Apr 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.