Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

the new 2.4.4 layout

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
my_keymike 9:44 AM - 13 March, 2013
so..installed the new 2.4.4..but I don't get the layout as in the picture with the 'extended' horizontally waveforms...

or is this used only for media material..?
It's a MAC on the picture... I'm running serato on Windows..

picture:
serato.com

Deejay Steve 11:38 AM - 13 March, 2013
You should be able to change the waveform layout using the four icons at the top of the screen next to the close (x)(-)(+) buttons on the top left of the open software. Press each one in turn for different layout
11:57 AM, 13 Mar 2013
my_keymike attached a file: Knipsel.PNG
View· Permalink
my_keymike 11:58 AM - 13 March, 2013
Hi Deejay Steve,

thanks for you're reaction.

I did that, but all the layouts remains the same as in 2.4.3. hoped that 1 of them is just as in the picture with the horizontally.
the Icon that looks the closest to the layout (3rd from left) is suggesting a horizontally layout view

I attached a prntscrn...the weird thing is that there's enough room on the left and right to extend the waveforms..but it stays the way it is.

Do you have the layout as in the picture in 2.4.4.?

Thanks!
diskodonz 1:15 PM - 13 March, 2013
try "setup", go to "display", and change "audio cache" to 60 seconds.
christran47 1:49 PM - 13 March, 2013
I just installed the 2.4.4 and was testin it last night. During my set I switched my rane sixty two over to phono to play some vinyls. When I switched it back to play songs in serato live and it barely plays in super slow motion. theres nothing wrong with my turntable because it still rotates, but it no longer gets outputs from my turntables. Yet when I play vinyls it still works. I'm on a Mac if that helps.
my_keymike 1:50 PM - 13 March, 2013
thanks diskodonz..did the trick!

hmmm...makes me think if this wasn't already possible in 2.4.3...actually never 'played' with these settings because I assumed it had to do something with audiobuffers.. (when you read: audio cache, you don't think; aha...this changes the layout of the interface..:) but ok.

thanks!!!