Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Vidoe not included

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
3995593 6:36 AM - 13 March, 2013
Hello, my name is Mike, When I ordered it from the guitar center I was told I will be able to do video mixing everything included in the box, when it finally arrived after chasing one for almost two and a half month with one online cancelation I get it home and I had to download Serato Video and now it’s asking me for a CD key, and I can’t find one anywhere in the box, when I go online its 150$ if it’s that much to buy unit for 1090$ then finally get 6month finance and now I have to spend another 150$ it seems that everything comes in packages and people at the store are misleading. I do have a controller and VDJ Pro and was hoping to make a switch, but if everything sold separate I will have to just stick with what I have return the unit and explain at the store that they have incorrect information, they didn’t even have one in working condition, because they said they can’t keep them in stock so they sell every one they have. Thank you so much for taking your time reading and understanding, Have a great day, Mike.

LJ_WOOLSEY 12:20 PM - 13 March, 2013
There was a speical deal on the first 10,000 sx units sold that came with Serato Video for FREE. It was just that a special deal once the first 10,000 units are sold that special deal is over. So yes you have to pay $149 for Serato Video plugin if you wish todo video djing and got an sx outside of the first 10,000 inits.

However if the store promised you it would have video i would complain to them amd try make them pay for the video plugin for you as they have miss sold you the sx.

Cheers.
dj point 1:20 PM - 13 March, 2013
Do your homework b4 u buy.
Asu 6:46 PM - 13 March, 2013
i'd sell the virtual DJ controller and software and stick to serato DJ...

you got the controller after all this time,$149 for serato DJ isn't a big deal if you do the math.

If you had been patient like the first bunch of us who waited 2 months to get the SX back in December,you'd have your controller+voucher+discount+no tax+free shipping. i got mine and many on here for $799 from AMS after we found a price match from guitar center.

We were patient and didn't cancel and got a great deal hands down.

Just live with your choice and sell the virtual DJ package to even things out on the SX end.

I take Scratch Live/Serato DJ/Video any day over virtual DJ...that's just me.
Serato, Support
Mak T 10:34 PM - 20 March, 2013
Hey 3995593,

Quote:
There was a speical deal on the first 10,000 sx units sold that came with Serato Video for FREE. It was just that a special deal once the first 10,000 units are sold that special deal is over. So yes you have to pay $149 for Serato Video plugin if you wish todo video djing and got an sx outside of the first 10,000 inits.

Thanks for your post. LJ_WOOLSEY is correct, Serato Video vouchers we included in the first 10,000 DDJ-SX units' boxes- and unfortunately, if you were not one of the lucky 10,000, you will have to go and purchase the Video Plugin for $149USD.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers.
Davideon 8:03 AM - 21 March, 2013
I have a video licence which I will never use if you want it?
DjShylo 4:15 PM - 21 March, 2013
I purchased an SX back in january and when it arrived it also had the video download voucher in the box ( not activated i might add ).. All good or so i thought.. after plugging it all in and playing around with it, i found that it had alot of problems, velocity pads eratic, software not working properly etc etc. after speaking with the retailer i was advised to send it back which i did ( video voucher included as i was told to send it back exactly as i got it ). Upon receiving my 2nd unit a couple of weeks ago, i was very angry as i did not receive the voucher that was in the first box. i feel a little cheated to be honest.. after numerous emails to serato, pioneer and the retailer I am still no further forward or closer to resolving this matter... I am not willing to spend a further $99 for the video licence when i already had it in my box the first time round. any ideas on what i can do would be greatly appreciated.. thanks
Asu 5:04 PM - 21 March, 2013
you should have kept the voucher lol problem was with the SX right?

that was a free voucher meaning you didn't even pay for it.free for the first 10,000 customers you included! technically you gave it away.

It was yours to keep bro not the faulty SX though,you made an honest mistake.

no one is going to track it down believe me...

when they said send it back,they mean all the mauals,cables,packaging and box...voucher has nothing to do with that...3 guys i know returned & exchanged their SX but activated the vouchers before hand with no problems.

Technically Pioneer or Serato don't owe you a free License...but could give you one as courtesy...I'm just saying don't be rude and demand one...just ask nicely.

Good Luck!
DjShylo 9:39 PM - 21 March, 2013
Thanks for the reply Asu.. to be honest mate i did exectly what the retailer asked me to do as i told him that i was going to keep the voucher, he told me that i had to return it in the exact condition with everything that was inside the box.. this of course i did... yes i feel a little stupid for doing this, but i wasn't to know that i would now have to purchase another.. thinking that i would receive a new one in the new box... Having spoken to pioneer directly, they have informed me that 10,000 units have not been sold to date as they were having supplier issues.. so my point is this, if 10,000 units have not been sold, why is it that when my new SX arrived, it did not have a voucher in it ??... strange i think... plus i am still waiting for pioneer to come back to me regarding this matter... the dilemma goes on... :-(
Asu 1:05 AM - 22 March, 2013
i think we already discussed this on another thread,10,000 haven't been sold but 10,000 have been shipped out!

Some retailers have SX with vouchers that haven't sold.

There's another guy that was asking why he didn't get one on that thread.

Serato may hook you up...they are always helpful :-)
DjShylo 1:58 PM - 22 March, 2013
Been on to Serato and they have politely informed me that as Pioneer purchased the licences, it is down to them, so i am waiting for a reply from Pioneer as to see what they will do.. but i will be honest, i am not holding my breath as pioneer customer service leaves a lot to be desired... they are all too quick to take our hard earned cash but less inclined to give something back in return.. but i will see what they decide . .
Dj Vicko Mexico 12:08 AM - 25 March, 2013
how i know, if i have the pioneer ddjsx for the first 10,000 units?

i thing that the serial number is different to anothers 10,000 units after.
Asu 1:31 AM - 26 March, 2013
DJ Vicko,

if you don't have it in the box then you gotta buy one...those of us who ordered first all received a video voucher inside the box that we activated.
Serato, Support
Mak T 3:09 AM - 2 April, 2013
Hey Guys,

Just a summary, and reiterate what many of you have said already, before I close this thread. If you did not receive a complimentary Seato Video voucher in your Pioneer DDJ-SX box, then you will have to purchase it from our website. The first 10,000 units that were distributed worldwide may have been all gone by now, therefore the only option is to purchase it from our website.

Im going to close this thread now, however if you have any further issues or questions please don't hesitate to reopen this thread.

Cheers

Mak T