Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

serato dj recording external source like vinyl please!

stoopjo 5:48 PM - 9 March, 2013
Hi,

i was previously owner of the ns6 working with itch. there i could record my vinyls allright.

now i own a ddj sx an serato dj. to my surprise, i can't record my vinyls anymore and hence can't use them in my mixes. this foregoes the purpose of having a standalone mixer feature and makes my vinyl collection useless.

can you please tell me whether this is planned to be implemented in serato dj please.

regards,

joeri
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:04 AM - 1 May, 2013
+1 tobe able to record the aux inputs on all controllers. Great for recording sets if someone is using cd players ect. or ripping vinyl.
Dj Jamie Carter 6:17 PM - 1 May, 2013
+1
james richie 6:42 PM - 1 May, 2013
missed this feature from itch needs addressed dissatisfied that it wasn't in update
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:48 PM - 1 May, 2013
I want this too!

This is planned for an update of Serato DJ.
Frederic Choppin 11:43 PM - 1 May, 2013
+1
DJ GSOUND 4:36 PM - 4 May, 2013
+1
cucaracha 7:33 AM - 3 June, 2013
Quote:
I want this too!

This is planned for an update of Serato DJ.[/quote

So this is something you guys are working on then, right? I just bought the DDJ-SX and I have to say overall I am impressed with it but it's missing a few items like the an external recording feature.
DEE JAY BASS 2:26 AM - 4 June, 2013
Work around..

If your have Abelton (prob works with other DAW's as well) Configure it to record the output of the DDJ SX. As far as Abelton is concerned the SX is just an additional sound card that is can record from and output to.
Other than using up some ram, it will fully pick up all the audio coming in and out of the SX..

Found this to be a pretty impressive option as well..
XRM5 2:28 AM - 4 June, 2013
+1
Big Fat Duck 10:07 PM - 7 June, 2013
+1
cucaracha 5:50 PM - 8 June, 2013
Thanks Dee Jay Bass, it works like a charm. Definitely a solution for the time being.
Peace.
lobster79 3:47 PM - 17 June, 2013
+1
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:00 PM - 7 November, 2013
bump +1
james richie 2:55 PM - 18 November, 2013
so were on version 1.5.1 lots of updates and yet this feature that was on itch hasnt been copied come on lets have some of the features that were asking for not like were asking for anything new
serkan 7:31 AM - 19 November, 2013
+1
laserjay 12:36 PM - 19 November, 2013
+1
stoopjo 11:20 PM - 20 November, 2013
The option of using Audacity, Logic of any other software for recording is not ideal compared to recording all audio directly in Serato DJ: recording outside Serato DJ would ideally require two screens and definitely eats more system resources to a point where SDJ performance could be impacted.

Is this included in the roadmap for future developments please?

Greetz
Serato, Support
Jamie W 11:43 PM - 20 November, 2013
Hey Stoopjo,

As Logan from our products team has said above,

Quote:
I want this too!

This is planned for an update of Serato DJ.

stoopjo 9:25 AM - 21 November, 2013
Great, thank you.
I raised the question again because at one point it was said to be a hardware issue with the ddj sx. Glad to hear that's not the case and that it's now just a matter of being patient.
;-)
Kagool 2:48 PM - 16 January, 2014
Is there an estimate when this feature will become available?
james richie 2:53 PM - 16 January, 2014
This was in itch so why it hasn't been copied over yet is silly can't be hardware problems as the feature works like a dream in itch
stoopjo 7:06 PM - 16 January, 2014
James Richie. Exactly what I thought but the possibility of being an hardware issue was raised after this argumentation. Several discussion threads were initiated and replies range from "we didn't definitely forget but timeline unsure" to "this is a hardware issue". I raised a thread at Pioneer and they would investigate. No reply after that. All I know is that we are more than a year ahead since launch date. Recording in an external program is the workaround being proposed. I have purchased Logic but recording a mixtape in Logic while playing vinyl, CD's and Serato DJ defeats the purpose of a standalone controller and the Serato interface. I am a little disappointed this takes so long as it diminishes the sexiness of the controller and the software really. Greets, Joeri
james richie 2:16 PM - 3 February, 2014
is it sorted for the latest release ?
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:20 PM - 3 February, 2014
Nope still not a feature in SDJ. 1 Month and it's been a year!
james richie 3:23 PM - 3 February, 2014
copy paste not to difficult
AML00 5:50 PM - 13 May, 2014
Hello,
What is the status of this feature?
Thank you
james richie 7:03 PM - 13 May, 2014
Plus on that
james richie 4:58 PM - 24 August, 2014
looks like they forgot the ns6 still
james richie 2:36 PM - 3 September, 2014
has this been sorted yet ??
DJEcliptik 2:53 AM - 23 October, 2014
Has this been implemented yet?
DJEcliptik 6:21 PM - 16 November, 2014
hello?
james richie 4:18 PM - 29 December, 2014
still not done
Davideon 7:20 PM - 29 December, 2014
The aux can be recorded now
james richie 7:22 PM - 29 December, 2014
Not on ns6 still :-(
wellzz 2:21 AM - 10 March, 2015
SUPER BUMP TO THIS! I've been waiting for this feature to return since I made the "UPGRADE" from ITCH to Serato DJ. Somehow we can never get a straight answer on this (if we get one at all).
Serato, Support
Jamie W 2:25 AM - 10 March, 2015
Hey Wellz,

What device are you using?

Thanks,
Jamie
wellzz 2:34 AM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
Hey Wellz,

What device are you using?

Thanks,
Jamie

I'm using my NS6.
Normally I patch in another DJ into Channel 4 on the NS6 and he can be using one of any number of devices that we have in our arsenal (Rane 68, DDJ-SX, DDJ-SZ, Rane 62 etc.). Sometimes we do this for events or when putting together a team mix at home. It sucks that we have to resort to using a zoom recorder or some other external device instead of the internal recorder of the SDJ software.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 3:12 AM - 10 March, 2015
Hey Wellz,

This feature is currently device specific.
We do hope to improve this for all hardware devices that allow channel recording (some wont allow it due to hardware limitations) But currently out of the list of devices you mention above you can already record inputs with 3 of them.

NS6 - No
SX - No
SZ - Yes
62 - Yes
68 - Yes

Thanks,
Jamie
wellzz 3:34 AM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
Hey Wellz,

We do hope to improve this for all hardware devices that allow channel recording (some wont allow it due to hardware limitations) But currently out of the list of devices you mention above you can already record inputs with 3 of them.

NS6 - No
SX - No
SZ - Yes
62 - Yes
68 - Yes

Thanks,
Jamie[/quote

Jamie,
Thanks for the feedback. Do you mind sharing what changed from ITCH to SDJ that caused the feature to work with ITCH and not work with SDJ for the NS6? I'm curious because the hardware didn't change when I switched from ITCH to SDJ (I'm still using the NS6 which had the feature in ITCH).
That aside, sometimes we also play vinyl with technic 1200's connected directly to the NS6 and again would like to integrate that audio as part of the internal recording...
Serato, Support
Jamie W 3:40 AM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
Do you mind sharing what changed from ITCH to SDJ that caused the feature to work with ITCH and not work with SDJ for the NS6? I'm curious because the hardware didn't change when I switched from ITCH to SDJ (I'm still using the NS6 which had the feature in ITCH).

I don't have that information sorry.
All I know is we plan to look into this behaviour for all controllers. So hopefully that means your NS6 will record external inputs in the future.

Thanks,
Jamie
wellzz 3:41 AM - 10 March, 2015
ok thanks
monchi 2:28 AM - 2 April, 2015
Quote:
Hey Wellz,

NS6 - No
SX - No
SZ - Yes
62 - Yes
68 - Yes

Thanks,
Jamie

64?
james richie 8:22 PM - 12 April, 2015
ns6 still no ? dont use the "its hardware" used to work on itch !!!!
ItsCraigo 9:19 PM - 22 June, 2015
Oh no.

I've just realised my Vestax vci380 master output disappears when I switch a channel into 'mixer' mode.

Please tell me it's actually possible to record a mix via Serato that includes my vinyl!?
Rapha-EL 8:34 AM - 27 November, 2015
Hi,

Tried yesterday with MC6000MK2, but no.
If i purchase the DVS expension will that do the trick?
I really want to mix MP3 with my real vinyl and record it into Serato instead of extenal computer.

thanks
serkan 11:12 AM - 5 December, 2015
Quote:
Oh no.

I've just realised my Vestax vci380 master output disappears when I switch a channel into 'mixer' mode.

Please tell me it's actually possible to record a mix via Serato that includes my vinyl!?

It's not.
Quote:
Hi,

Tried yesterday with MC6000MK2, but no.
If i purchase the DVS expension will that do the trick?
I really want to mix MP3 with my real vinyl and record it into Serato instead of extenal computer.

thanks

No. The expansion pack let's you use DVS but doesn't change the routing.
james richie 11:23 PM - 9 December, 2015
well the ns6 has been sold got fed up waiting for this feature hopefully the sx2 will perform
TGK 3:23 AM - 25 December, 2015
Hi Guys,

Do Serato DJ can Record vinyl from DJM 900 SRT or S9. I was able to do it from RANE SL4.
Since im using 900 SRT at Club, good if I can use SRT to rip vinyls.
Davideon 7:59 AM - 25 December, 2015
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Do Serato DJ can Record vinyl from DJM 900 SRT or S9. I was able to do it from RANE SL4.

Yes
TGK 12:09 PM - 25 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Yes

Thanks for the feedback. can you share the steps , that helps us lot.
Davideon 8:29 PM - 25 December, 2015
Hang on. I mis read the initial question. I'm not sure if it is actually possible
Dudboy 2:57 PM - 29 July, 2017
Bump on this 1. Just fired up the NS6 ready to mix vinyls and whaaaa?
Must have been itch i did this on last time.
Way to sap my inspiration.
Please tell me I've missed an update to serato DJ...?
Dudboy 5:28 AM - 24 May, 2018
Any updates on this for the NS6 please?