Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

[SHIFT] + Turn Top - jogs not functioning as described in manual

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
TheSilverStreak 3:37 PM - 4 March, 2013
On page 12 of the DDJ-SX owner's manual, Item # 1 (Jog Dial), it states the following: " [SHIFT} + Turn top: The playback position skips in sync with the beat. (Skip mode) (sic)" I'm sure they meant "slip mode", not "skip mode". The typo is not the probem. Rather, the jogs don't do what the manual says. Instead, [SHIFT] + Turn top results in the signal going silent, the waveform disappears and the track is seemingly 'rewound' way beyond its starting point. I've duplicated this on all decks, with a variety of tracks, with a variety of 'views'. It really would be a great feature if it actually worked! Can we fix this, please? Thanks! PS - my DDJ-SX is on firmware v 1.05.
signs 4:40 PM - 4 March, 2013
Hey,

they mean Skip Mode. It works fine for me. (Didn't test it right now. But I'm pretty sure it worked).
The Track should skip in Beattiming.
TheSilverStreak 5:17 PM - 4 March, 2013
Thanks for the comment, but even if they mean Skip mode, it doesn't work. (And slip mode would be a better benefit, anyway lol).
signs 7:58 PM - 4 March, 2013
Slip mode is another button. it's at the top right of the Jog's
TheSilverStreak 8:14 PM - 4 March, 2013
right, thanks. I guess it was wishful thinking of mine that one could quickly change in/out of slip mode with a push of the shift button.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 1:58 AM - 8 March, 2013
Hey The SilverStreak,

Thanks for getting in touch,

SLIP MODE.
When activated you can hit cue points and the playhead will jump to the cue and then back to the current position in the track. You can also scratch and the same thing will happen.

SKIP MODE. (hold SHIFT + move platter)
This skips through the tune.
If the tune was playing and was synced with another deck, SKIP MODE moves through the tune keeping SYNC with other decks.

Quote:
Rather, the jogs don't do what the manual says. Instead, [SHIFT] + Turn top results in the signal going silent, the waveform disappears and the track is seemingly 'rewound' way beyond its starting point. I've duplicated this on all decks, with a variety of tracks, with a variety of 'views'.

This is strange. Are you using an external hard drive to organise your music?
1:00 AM, 22 Mar 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.