Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Video projecting problem

ankit 6:45 PM - 2 March, 2013
I'm facing a problem with my Video SL.
I have over 10 LCD & a Giant projector installed in my new club.
When I connect the HD video cable, it shows up on all screen but only for about 20 seconds & then display disappears from the LCD's but remains on the projector. All the LCD's go blank/black.
Tried to play from a windows laptop and it's working fine. (All the LCD's & projector)
I'm using a MacBook Pro 15, and also my Mac kinda slows down when i'm playing videos on this projector, it was not like this in my ex venue.
Can anyone help me with this and also what are the BEST SETTING to have on my Mac so that videos play without frame freeze and slowing down.

Thanks.
VJ Justin Allen 7:43 PM - 2 March, 2013
Sounds like a signal degradation issue. You might try an HDMI signal booster.
Code:E 7:44 PM - 2 March, 2013
WOW theres a lot going on there.

We need some more info.

can you disconnect everything but the projector, what happened's then? I really worried that you say this projectors slows down your computer.

How are all of the TV's and Projectors hooked up. Are you using some sort of matrix. What connections are you using? HDMI, VGA, DVI?

CAn you give us specs on your mac?
DJMark 3:25 AM - 3 March, 2013
What video resolution are you feeding from the Mac to the screens?

Sounds like maybe you're feeding a resolution that the projector can handle but the LCD screens cannot.
djnak 5:52 PM - 3 March, 2013
change the resolution on your output to a lower setting, just keep lowering it til you find the right one
Code:E 7:41 PM - 3 March, 2013
Quote:
change the resolution on your output to a lower setting, just keep lowering it til you find the right one

+1
ankit 2:58 PM - 4 March, 2013
I tried disconnecting projector, changing resolution to minimum on Mac output-- no change!

TV & projectors are connected via Krammer - VP 438,
actually Projector is HD & Tv's are composite.

Display stays on the LCD's for about 10-15 secnds only..
Computer specs are fine as I keep playing at other venue's n its fine there.
VJ Justin Allen 3:06 PM - 4 March, 2013
The Kramer should solve the signal strength issue depending on how far away it is from the TV's. How long are the cable runs to the TV's, or is there just one run to the first TV and then each TV links together?
ankit 3:36 PM - 4 March, 2013
Hi Justin, there are about 12 tv's spread across 8000 sq feet.. all are connected separately..
One Point to note is.. It works completely fine with a windows laptop..
DJ DisGrace 4:26 PM - 4 March, 2013
Quote:
Hi Justin, there are about 12 tv's spread across 8000 sq feet.. all are connected separately..
One Point to note is.. It works completely fine with a windows laptop..

Try a new minidisplay adapter. Might be the problem. There should be no Mac/PC difference.

Also, try plugging in the adapter first, then hooking it up the feed to the Kramer. You'll get a generic video signal, instead of the laptop trying to get an ideal resolution from the Kramer.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:52 PM - 4 March, 2013
Had the same problem, ended up being the monoprice converter I was using......
VJ Justin Allen 5:16 PM - 4 March, 2013
Opps, missed the "working with the windows laptop" earlier.

I agree with looking at the issue from the laptop on out vs TV's on in. It might be a simple issue to fix however. Turn off the TV, Kramer and laptop. Then turn on the TV's, turn on the Kramer, and then turn on the laptop already plugged into the Kramer. Play with the order a bit and see if that makes any difference.

And you could try a new adapter as well.
Code:E 6:35 PM - 4 March, 2013
I think it's all on the fact that there is not enough signal running to the TV's for them to stay on. I had something like this happen to me. try getting Signal boosters or get the club to change the try of signal they run. VGA seems to be the best Bang for your buck. I know they club wont like that last part but if they want you to VDJ then its the cost they need to pay to have there system work constantly, My boss hated it when i told him the same thing. but since we rewired video signal issues which arose every night went away instantly.