Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

FX ISSUES

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
djpr 11:25 PM - 27 February, 2013
PIONNER DDJ SX 1.1.2 UPDATE TOOK CARE OF THE MUSIC DROPS OUTS BUT NOW I GOT A ISSUE WHEN I USE THE ECHO FX...... I TURN IT ON WORKS GREAT BUT WHEN I TURN IT OFF IT STAYS ON AND THE FX SELECT LIGHT IS OFF
vboyd666 11:49 PM - 27 February, 2013
My echo worked fine after my update. Does it happen on both decks?
djpr 12:01 AM - 28 February, 2013
Yeah the only way I can turn it off without turning off the controller is turn the first knob of the 3 fx knobs all the way down to "0"
Davideon 7:32 AM - 28 February, 2013
I have this problem.but thought it was more due to the nature if echo. Actually.I.don't know about echo.but defi get it with.delay
Serato, Support
Jamie W 2:02 AM - 1 March, 2013
Hey Djpr,

Thanks for getting in touch,

Quote:
Yeah the only way I can turn it off without turning off the controller is turn the first knob of the 3 fx knobs all the way down to "0"

It sounds like its working correctly. Echo / Delay etc dont just turn off the second you press the ON/OFF button. They are designed to slowly fade out depending on what setting you have your "Mix" or "Level" knob set to.

For example if you play a tune and put the ECHO effect on then push the channel fader down to the bottom quickly and turn off the ECHO at the same time, you will get an effect like the tune is slowly echo'ing out.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask :-)
djpr 3:34 PM - 1 March, 2013
hey jamie w

thanks for the reply i understand what the echo effect does ive been using serato scratch live for years and hope the echo out effect comes to serato dj soon, but thats not my issue. i use my echo effect at times to fade out and i hear it going to a echo out type of sound then i hit the off button to turn it off and the light turns off then i load up another track and when i play the track the effect is still on even when the light is off, and when i look at the fx screen it is also off but the effect continues to go as if it was still on.
DJ Boom Bap 10:42 PM - 2 March, 2013
I had this happen with Ping-Pong delay last night. The effect would not turn off. I let the ping pong die out, switched tracks, turned the effect button off, AND the effect "1" & "2" buttons were not lit. The ping pong would not disengage at all, had to turn it down and not use effects. I will shoot a video later.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:55 PM - 3 March, 2013
Hey DJPR,

Thanks for that information.

The effects inside SERATO DJ function differently then those inside SCRATCH LIVE.
You have 8 parameters for each effect unit inside SERATO DJ.
There are no "ON/OFF" button effects like you have in SCRATCH LIVE.

Using the ECHO effect.
1. If you have the FEEDBACK knob turned up and also the LEVEL knob turned up, when you press the first ON/OFF button the ECHO will still be running until you turn down the feedback knob and also the level knob. This is so you can control how big the echo effect runs for.

Try turning down the FEEDBACK knob and also the LEVEL knob, then hit the ON/OFF button for the ECHO. It should stop the effect straight away.

The same applies for the PING PONG DELAY.
You have a LEVEL knob and also a FEEDBACK knob. If these are turned up then the effect length will be increased so when you press the first ON/OFF button you will still need to turn down the LEVEL / FEEDBACK knobs and then the effect will end.

Another option is to use the "1" and "2" located above each channel GAIN knob. This will turn off the effect for the channel no matter where the effect knobs are set.

Let me know how you get on.
djpr 2:24 AM - 4 March, 2013
Hello Jamie,

I figured out all the knobs and functions on the controller the first week I got it in December. Settings on both sides are as follows: 1st knob is set to halfway always 2nd knob is set to 1/4 the way up to half same with the 3rd knob so i don't have them even close to full. I had no issue with my fx settings prior to the last update. It worked like a charm before 1.1.2
DJ Boom Bap 4:27 AM - 5 March, 2013
Jamie,

I can confirm that this behavior is different (and wrong) then previous versions.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:51 PM - 6 March, 2013
Hey Djpr,

Thanks for that information, its very helpful!

I have done some further testing here (using your effect settings) and I cant seem to replicate the issues you guys are experiencing?

I have tested the ECHO and PING PONG DELAY effects and both are working correctly.

I am running the latest Pioneer firmware 1.05.
Have you updated your firmware?
Download Link --> pioneerdj.com
Install Guide --> pioneerdj.com

Update your firmware, relaunch SERATO DJ 1.1.2 and see if you still have issues?

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks!
DJ Boom Bap 1:55 AM - 7 March, 2013
Ok, Jamie I have Video!

I have the latest firmware and DJ updates installed.

I booted Dj 3 times and was able to replicate the problem the first 2 times. The third time, it worked correctly.

I have a link for two videos that are horrible quality, but show the problem. The effect is Ping-pong delay.

Sorry for the bad video, audio, background noise, and organisation.

Watchwww.youtube.com

The second video is my attempt on making a better video........but it worked correctly.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Again sorry for the poor quality, videos are not my thing.

If you need any other info, or another video, let me know.
Guerrilla Stoemp 7:09 AM - 7 March, 2013
Quote:
PIONNER DDJ SX 1.1.2 UPDATE TOOK CARE OF THE MUSIC DROPS OUTS BUT NOW I GOT A ISSUE WHEN I USE THE ECHO FX...... I TURN IT ON WORKS GREAT BUT WHEN I TURN IT OFF IT STAYS ON AND THE FX SELECT LIGHT IS OFF

I have the same problem
carnage 6:09 PM - 7 March, 2013
youtu.be

Hopefully this vid shows the issues. On pressing the ON button on FX1 you can hear the ping-pong delay effect (the audio is a bit loud and so the Effect sounds like distortion). On turning the Effect off it still plays!! It is not until the FX1 send button is turned off that the effect stops. I have had this 99% of the time i use an effect.
carnage 6:11 PM - 7 March, 2013
I have seen this issue raised in the General Serato DJ forum more than once I think
Asu 11:26 PM - 7 March, 2013
Hi guys,i noticed this very issue on saturday when doing my set...i could tell from the sound exactly what was going on...

I did the same thing as most here...turned all effects knobs to 0 and didn't use effects after that.

overall though,Serato performed flawlessly and better than previous editions...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 2:04 AM - 8 March, 2013
Hey guys - can everyone apart from Djpr please start a help thread if you haven't already? This will help us troubleshoot his problem quickly. We'll help you out over in your threads.

Cheers.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 2:23 AM - 8 March, 2013
Hey Djpr,

Following on from my last comment, can I get you to try the following please.

1. Open up a finder window and click your Macintosh HD icon.
2. Click on your user profile 'House' icon.
3. Click on 'Library'.
4. Click on 'Preferences'.
5. Delete the 'Serato.DJ.plist files.
6. Reinstall SERATO DJ 1.1.2
7. Connect your DDJ-SX and launch SERATO DJ 1.1.2

Do you have the same issues?

Let me know how you get on :)
djpr 12:51 AM - 18 March, 2013
ill try it this week doing some organizing of video files will give you a update once i have done so
Serato, Support
Jamie W 1:07 AM - 18 March, 2013
Hey Djpr,

Sounds good. Removing the plist files has resolved the issue for another user, hopefully the same happens for you.

Let me know how you get on :)

Thanks!
Jobushwick 4:34 AM - 21 March, 2013
Made the mistake of updating to 1.1.2
Have this same FX issue but cannot find this file anywhere on my mac?
Any help would be great!
Asu 12:14 PM - 21 March, 2013
Quote:
Made the mistake of updating to 1.1.2
Have this same FX issue but cannot find this file anywhere on my mac?
Any help would be great!

Download app remover or appzapper. after install,open it and drag and drop Serato DJ from applications folder to appzapper,this will delete all related files & p.lists from the library/registry.
Jobushwick 6:02 PM - 21 March, 2013
I figured it out- Hit Shift+Command +G
Then this pops up:
~Library/

Found the file in Preference folder.
Deleted 4 files claiming :
Serato.DJ.plist files

Reloaded Serato and the issue seems to be fixed- tested out the FX and not losing sound out of bank A.

Without using that shortcut I could not get into my library which is strange.
Apple stupidly hides the Library root folder and I just got LION installed and did not know this.

Hope this helps someone out.
Jobushwick 6:04 PM - 21 March, 2013
Sorry CORRECTION on the library root name which is :

~/Library
vboyd666 4:51 PM - 23 March, 2013
Just happened to me last night in the middle of a set. My left deck, the echo stays on even though the effect is turned off. Had to turn the intensity (left) know all the way to zero to shut it off. The right deck worked fine with the echo effect.

I run echo on FX1 for the left deck and echo on FX2 for the right deck for echo outs. I didn't think of switching the left deck over to FX2 to see if it would produce the same result.
5:00 PM, 6 Apr 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.