Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

no audio playback

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
quadphase 12:41 PM - 23 February, 2013
Hi. Just got the DDJ-SX and followed the install instructions. I have not yet done the firmware update as I got frustrated by the jar file at midnight. Anyways, I put a CD into my laptop and pulled 4 tracks into Serato. Hit play on the controller and the platter lights spin and the little wheels in Serato spin, but no sound is coming through my headphones (tried all cue buttons) nor my speakers. I did have sound come through when windows autoplayed a CD I stuck in there. This was in the background of Serato. So to me this sounds like a software issue. I did try uninstalling and reinstalling everything with no success. Any direction you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Asu 12:19 AM - 24 February, 2013
just play audio thru any one of the channels on the mixer....switch it to line and you'll be good...this will activate your internal sound card once and for all...

Happy gigging
quadphase 12:51 AM - 24 February, 2013
thanks for trying. I sent audio from my phone to channel 1 and it played through. however, once I tried running the software, I got nothing again. there are no waveforms to the accompanying songs. I am new to the controller stuff, been on vinyl for 15 years. trying to make the transition and its not letting me so far. I did install the latest firmware and all software that I can find. the usb is plugged into a usb2 port. like I said, I can get audio from the pc through the pioneer and to the speakers, but serato is not working. the little wheels in serato are spinning but no audio info is shown. my headphones wont pick anything up either. if all else fails, I have a $1000 mixer for my technics. Is there a certain way to boot things up? like the laptop and software first then the pioneer?
thanks in advance!
Asu 2:15 PM - 25 February, 2013
i think the DDJ-SX is installed as the default soundcard which you may have to change...i also noticed you're using windows 8 which isn't officially supported last time i checked :-(

Try and make your computer soundcard the default and see if that helps...it looks like serato can't find the SX soundcard because you may have made it the default for your Computer.
quadphase 5:24 PM - 25 February, 2013
Ya I found out too late that win8 is not supported. That's what I get for assuming newer OS would handle anything. Shoulda bought a mac and been done with it. The laptop has built in sound, so Im not sure if I can make that default or not. But I will try it when I get home today. Im sure the problem is win8. Its just strange how I can load the software and drag a song into each channel, but when I push play, no waveforms are dispayed and no sound.

I can downgrade the OS to 7, but then I have to buy a win7 disc...sigh. Funny how win7 laptops are more expensive than win8. That should have told me something about win8. If anyone out there has a PC with win8 and you like it, more power to ya. Im an XP guy. Laugh if you want, but I can actually find things in XP.

So if changing the laptop to internal sound doesnt do the trick, my options are: downgrade to 7, exchange laptop for a win7 laptop, or just wait for serato to finish an update.
Thanks for your help!
quadphase 5:25 PM - 25 February, 2013
forgot, I did the latest firmware update too. That didnt change anything for my situation. People had problems with intalling it, someone posted a video on here and it was cake.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:08 PM - 25 February, 2013
Hey Quadphase,

Since I am helping you in your other help thread I will close this one.
Please in future only start one help thread and we will help you out as soon as possible :)

Thanks!