Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

windows 8 compatibility

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
dont-know
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
MarqSimeon 1:48 AM - 22 February, 2013
Is there a estimated time frame on how long before SDJ will be operable with windows 8. I'm still on vista and i understand about not working with this crappy os. Problem is I searched my whole town, and i mean WHOLE, and nobody has windows 7 for sale just 8. I dont want to go above and beyond to get 7 then 2 days later its ready for 8 BUT IM DYING TO GET ALL UP ON AND IN THAT THANG (SDJ that is)
Serato, Support
Jamie W 2:47 AM - 22 February, 2013
Hey MarqSimeon,

Thanks for getting in touch,

Windows 8 is not currently supported. I dont have a estimated timeframe for you, all I know is its high on the priorities list.

We are still testing Windows 8 and our software, some users have reported they can install the software and use it with no issues, but until we finish thoroughly testing all our products on this platform and iron out all the bug issues we recommend you stick to Windows 7.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask :)
mxcobra 2:39 AM - 23 February, 2013
had the same problem as you only windows 8 around here.
dj is working for me in windows 8 sofar
dawg1306 4:01 PM - 23 February, 2013
MarqSimeon, I recently upgraded from VISTA to Windows 8 Pro... Im on a Dell laptop and SDJ runs with no problems at all, what so ever....

I dont even have to disable anything running in the background....

I hope this helps...
MarqSimeon 1:43 AM - 24 February, 2013
I saw this earlier today and I ran out and got a new dell. Downloading now with fingers crossed
dawg1306 3:36 AM - 24 February, 2013
You should be fine... I been playing for 4 hours non-stop, just stopped moments ago...... No issues whatsoever with Windows 8 Pro, at all.....

This SDJ thing is something to really get used to....Im having a hard time with the FX. Nothing like Itch. Itch is more user-friendly in my opinion.

Good luck with ur new Dell..... I have really
MarqSimeon 2:40 AM - 25 February, 2013
Haven't really been able to push it, spent 12 of the last 24 hours trying to get my crates AND half my songs to load (because of my own genius of course) Fx seem alright although audio pops when the fx button is triggered. Few other things but i'm not gonna b!7(# about em just yet.
dawg1306 2:48 AM - 25 February, 2013
Im also unable to double-click and rename new crates I create......U having that same problem ??
Serato, Support
Jamie W 12:57 AM - 27 February, 2013
Hey MarqSimeon,

Did you manage to get SERATO DJ working on your computer with Windows 8?

Thanks.
ojgbagg27 6:51 AM - 27 February, 2013
I am running Serato Dj on win8 but not all the function with some of the knobs are working the way they suppose to work especially IN FX/SP-6 MODE
Cristek 6:11 PM - 27 February, 2013
Quote:
Hey MarqSimeon,

Did you manage to get SERATO DJ working on your computer with Windows 8?

Thanks.

HI. I run Serato Dj in windows 8 -64 Bits with Numark NS6 , all functions work perfect, video, FX, etc.

Regards
dawg1306 12:40 AM - 28 February, 2013
Goin on week number 2, still running Windows 8 Pro, no issues at all, whatsoever.... Looking forward to my first gig. Crossing my fingers.....

So far so good.
chndler ac 5:07 PM - 3 March, 2013
hi there I have got windows 8 on new laptop working ok freezers up some times but all ok other then that
but question is should the pregame scan all the crates when you lode dj up
????
andy
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:14 PM - 3 March, 2013
Hey Chndler AC,

As you already know, Windows 8 is not currently supported.
We are still testing Windows 8 and our software, some users have reported they can install the software and use it with no issues, but until we finish thoroughly testing all our products on this platform and iron out all the bug issues we recommend you stick to Windows 7.

Thanks.
chndler ac 11:52 PM - 5 March, 2013
yes i know this as you say was just a question as in should the crates keep on being read from the start each time you open the program
and read the whole drive from the begin
as my dj do on 8

ok I know as I running windows 8 my bag
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:51 PM - 6 March, 2013
Hey Chndler Ac,

Quote:
yes i know this as you say was just a question as in should the crates keep on being read from the start each time you open the program
and read the whole drive from the begin

We are still testing Windows 8.

There are issues and bugs and we are working our way through them.

Until we officially support Windows 8 you may find you have issues using SERATO software on this operating platform.

You will have to hold tight until Windows 8 updates come out.

Thanks.
MarqSimeon 9:45 PM - 9 March, 2013
So far so good, NOT GREAT, but good.
MarqSimeon 9:47 PM - 9 March, 2013
Quote:
Goin on week number 2, still running Windows 8 Pro, no issues at all, whatsoever.... Looking forward to my first gig. Crossing my fingers.....

So far so good.

How did the gig go with it? Still don't feel like I would take that chance so I've been using SSL lol
mxcobra 12:39 AM - 10 March, 2013
I to have been running windows 8 with no problems at all I am using itch for the ns6- for one miner reson that makes mixing 4 tracks better, well more then one. just seems like it was def. made for the ns6 as to were dj was not.....
www.ustream.tv
here I am ( Rocky ) mixing live with windows 8 and no problems at all.....