Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Audio dropout

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
zdevil350 3:49 AM - 21 February, 2013
If I load mutilpe tracks on the software and mess with FX and volume knobs on controller and keep loading tracks and mess with fx I still get Audio dropout. Even with the new version of DJ 1.1.2. I see that those was one of the issues that was to be fixed in the new version and I still have them. My cpu usage is way low not even a 1/4 of the way up. My specs on the laptop are Intel I7 1.8 processor, 8 gig ddr3 ram, 750 harddrive and Nvidia 512 dedicated video card. Is this a software issue or hardware? Thanks
deej808 8:52 AM - 22 February, 2013
Having similar problem same OS. Drops now longer than before but only happen when you first enable the Fx for that channel.
zdevil350 1:53 PM - 22 February, 2013
I had my friend bring his Mac Book Pro over to see if I can replicate the issue with his computer and I couldn't. I worked without any glitches. I also put a latency checker program on laptop and it was going into the red because of my wifi. So disabled my wifi and let program run for 2 min and it ran without going into the red at all with me using serato dj with ddj sx. When audio drop out happened the software still showed green on the latency checker. So i dont think its the latency.
DJRobKraze 4:12 PM - 22 February, 2013
You problem may be that your processor speed is out of the Serato DJ spec...

Serato Dj requires 2.4 Ghz or higher processor, you are running a 1.8Ghz

"64 bit: Intel 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo"

Do you know anyone that has higher processor with the same 64bit windows 7 to test with ?
Seanbee 4:23 PM - 22 February, 2013
^ not at all dude.. he's running an i7, not a Core 2 Duo. That frequency of 2.4ghz is in reference to the older Penryn Intel processors.
BoogieDownDJServices 12:19 AM - 23 February, 2013
I had the same problem my speakers keep dropping out not good so how can it be fixed it just stared yesterday with the new update plus I had a alarm sound coming out of my speakers.
Asu 12:38 AM - 24 February, 2013
if you're old 1.1.1 was ok then why not roll back to that...i'm just gonna test 1.1.2 right now and see how it performs...

the i-7 is a good cpu. but i'd suggest to anyone serious about DJing,please buy a Mac and you're problems will go down to almost zero,it's worth the money,prices have gone down anyway...

i use my Windows desktop for anything else though.but for DJing,i and many others went through a whole lot with windows.

I Started with a windows platform laptop and the issues are unpredictable due to the way the processes are implemented in the software.

Switch to Mac for Djing & you'll thank me later.For anything else,office,gaming i got my windows desktop for that.
zdevil350 6:13 PM - 25 February, 2013
I was still having issues with the 1.1.1 . Im trying to sell this sony laptop and get a mac book pro right now. Thanks
Asu 11:44 PM - 25 February, 2013
Quote:
I was still having issues with the 1.1.1 . Im trying to sell this sony laptop and get a mac book pro right now. Thanks

YEAH SELL SELL SELL...lol

you're worries/problems are going to almost zero with a mac...get a 15 with a dedicated video card if you want to do video too...

But you'll see what i'm telling you when you switch over :-)

good luck.
zdevil350 3:51 PM - 26 February, 2013
Will the serato video work with a imac with a intel video 4000 card?
Asu 2:26 AM - 27 February, 2013
try this one instead store.apple.com

...the intel 4000 is just basic...but get a macbook pro or I-Mac with an Nvidia video card (Mid 2012)

you can even by refurb and save tons of money....i haven't had any issues with them
Asu 2:34 AM - 27 February, 2013
or get a laptop instead which is easier to transport...

i'm getting this one in 2 weeks store.apple.com.

the GT 650M is a beast...it can even handle serious video editing/gaming...it has GTX specs when you look closer....but you'll be happier DJing with a Mac
DJRobKraze 2:26 PM - 6 March, 2013
Zdevil350,
Apple's refurb program is nice because the laptops are in near mint condition and you get a 1 yr warranty and can add apple care if you want anytime during the first year. It will also save some money. Apple updates their site every night so don't be discouraged if you don't see a laptop with the specs your looking for.

Rob
Asu 11:48 PM - 6 March, 2013
Quote:
Zdevil350,
Apple's refurb program is nice because the laptops are in near mint condition and you get a 1 yr warranty and can add apple care if you want anytime during the first year. It will also save some money. Apple updates their site every night so don't be discouraged if you don't see a laptop with the specs your looking for.

Rob

+1
Gilbz 9:24 AM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:
I had the same problem my speakers keep dropping out not good so how can it be fixed it just stared yesterday with the new update plus I had a alarm sound coming out of my speakers.

Just picking up on this by the above poster 'Boogie Down'
The latter part about the alarm sound coming out of speakers. Is it related to mine?
I also get audio dropouts but not when playing with the FX. My dropouts happen randomly when not even touching the SX
serato.com
10:00 AM, 30 May 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.