Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Can you analyze a track while in controller mode?

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
1.1.2
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Telemitry 2:53 AM - 21 February, 2013
Often times in a set I will dump a song into the drive and pull it in to spin later in night.

First off, there are two windows when you click on file. The first top one being the directory. I keep my music oman external drive and have not yet created crates as Im new to the software. I can't seem to figure out a way to search that top directory window for the new files added that I may have not included before starting my mix session or preparing in offline mode

Secondly, can you not analyze a single lie mid set while controller is connected?

When Tracks are added to the lower window, or library, are they remaining on the external drive or is it creating a copy somewhere on the laptop hd?

thank you

DJ SKaDRE 5:12 AM - 21 February, 2013
How'd you like using Torq with the NS6. Your picture is blasted all over facebook.
Telemitry 5:34 AM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
How'd you like using Torq with the NS6. Your picture is blasted all over facebook.


It's a sad thing for me to see it die bud...although always the odd software out, there still (even after a year and a half of no updates) are so many intuitive and killer things about Torq 2. I started using NS6 and NS7 (from analog decks) with Torq 2 in Feb 2012 as soon as third party support was introduced. I had a ton of confidence in it, and as you probably know thats crucial for a dj. Countless 6 hour plus gigs from beaches to Cash Money parties the past three years.

Sooo... I'm trying to stop my bitching and start the transition as InMusic is not going to continue to update it. Which is even more crazy as Numark is under the same parent company. I'll still gig with it until SDJ is rock solid....wasn't feeling Traktor 2 at all.

I will say SDJ has moments I like, better than ITCH for me, we shall see if the kinks get worked out. How bout yourself, what's your story?
Jamie W 1:46 AM - 22 February, 2013
Hey Telemitry,

Thanks for getting in touch,

SERATO DJ will analyze files when they are loaded to a deck.
It will only do this is the file has not perviously been analyzed in the offline player.
The only risk you take is SERATO DJ crashing if you have a bad file / corrupt file.
I would recommend you analyze your music in the offline player, it will then load to the decks faster and you wont be putting so much stress on your CPU.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask :)
DJ SKaDRE 5:22 AM - 22 February, 2013
Right on. Was just a lil bit curious about how the software handled with the NS6. Played a lil with Torq in the past. Appreciate your feed back. I am very happy with my NS6. I had a few minor problems with itch. Mainly crashes due to an over-sized library. Serato DJ looks very promising. Looking forward to future updates. Thanks again.
Telemitry 5:34 PM - 22 February, 2013
Quote:
Hey Telemitry,

Thanks for getting in touch,

SERATO DJ will analyze files when they are loaded to a deck.
It will only do this is the file has not perviously been analyzed in the offline player.
The only risk you take is SERATO DJ crashing if you have a bad file / corrupt file.
I would recommend you analyze your music in the offline player, it will then load to the decks faster and you wont be putting so much stress on your CPU.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask :)


Understood...I always prep before hand...but in the real world sometimes you have to add on the fly.
Telemitry 5:34 PM - 22 February, 2013
Quote:
Right on. Was just a lil bit curious about how the software handled with the NS6. Played a lil with Torq in the past. Appreciate your feed back. I am very happy with my NS6. I had a few minor problems with itch. Mainly crashes due to an over-sized library. Serato DJ looks very promising. Looking forward to future updates. Thanks again.



yeah bud, are you experiencing any pops in audio?
DJ SKaDRE 4:46 AM - 23 February, 2013
when i adjusted my setting from 16 bit to 24 bit i noticed some popping.
Jamie W 8:28 PM - 24 February, 2013
Hey Telemitry,

Just keep a tidy library and you should be fine :)

Since we have resolved your issues I will now close this thread.
If you have any other questions please feel free to get in contact with us.

Thanks.