DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Traktor Now Has Key Detection

Maver1ck 8:09 PM - 20 February, 2013
It looks like the latest update to Traktor now has built in key detection. It also has metadata synchronization with dropbox so maybe a mobile app is in the works? Pretty cool features. I hope Serato has these features in their sights.
djaction 8:14 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
I hope Serato has these features in their sights.

why?
Maver1ck 8:16 PM - 20 February, 2013
Built in key detection and the ability to sync your library metadata seem like great things to me.
jprime 8:16 PM - 20 February, 2013
Maybe...just maybe...because to some they are useful features. Just a wild shot in the dark though.
djaction 8:18 PM - 20 February, 2013
As history has shown with Serato.. adding features to serato's core has only resulted in loss of stability and added bloat. What's wrong with Mixed In Key? or any of the other key detection programs? or just using your ears?
Maver1ck 8:22 PM - 20 February, 2013
You can't use the stability argument forever. I think these additions would be helpful to many.
djaction 8:24 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
You can't have a stable piece of software forever. I think these additions would be helpful to many microwaves.

good point
sixxx 8:24 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
You can't use the use your ears argument forever. I think these additions would be helpful to many.

True
StevenWayne 8:24 PM - 20 February, 2013
lack of these features is killing my sets right now, i hope serato steps up.
djaction 8:25 PM - 20 February, 2013
it's been said before.. just make serato exactly like traktor
Maver1ck 8:26 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:

Maybe not "killing" your sets, but these features could make your life easier.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:30 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
lack of these features is killing my sets right now.

You dj so bad....
StevenWayne 8:36 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

have you heard my sets? they're pretty bad right now. i can use any help i can get
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:39 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

have you heard my sets? they're pretty bad right now. i can use any help i can get

Your right you should open a help thread in the support section and get serato to fix your sets asap lol
sixxx 8:43 PM - 20 February, 2013
Let's make a list of

Things Serato needs to add:

1. Automatic playlist so you know what to play at any given gig.

Go!
Maver1ck 8:47 PM - 20 February, 2013
They should change the user interface to MS-DOS, so we don't have to worry about the stability.
StevenWayne 8:51 PM - 20 February, 2013

2. Option to disable headphone output. Ideal for dj's that do not require headphones.
DJ DisGrace 8:53 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:

2. Option to disable headphone output. Ideal for dj's that do not require headphones.
3. An "applause" or "Jesus Pose" indicator so you know when to perform these manoeuvres
eder 8:53 PM - 20 February, 2013

3. MIDI OUT!!!!
StevenWayne 8:55 PM - 20 February, 2013

3. MIDI OUT!!!!
4. Key Detection
the_black_one 8:56 PM - 20 February, 2013
Serato needs to implement torrent downloading as well.
sixxx 8:59 PM - 20 February, 2013

3. MIDI OUT!!!!
4. Key Detection
5. Auto MC for the DJ who is afraid to get on the mic.
DJ DisGrace 9:00 PM - 20 February, 2013
I did this wrong apparently....

3. MIDI OUT!!!!
4. Key Detection
5. Auto MC for the DJ who is afraid to get on the mic.
6. An "applause" or "Jesus Pose" indicator so you know when to perform these manoeuvres
sixxx 9:00 PM - 20 February, 2013

3. MIDI OUT!!!!
4. Key Detection
5. Torrent downloading.
6. Auto MC for the DJ who is afraid to get on the mic.
sixxx 9:00 PM - 20 February, 2013
Damn it lol
jprime 9:02 PM - 20 February, 2013
7. Automatic witty serato forum response generator
Dj Rehab 9:04 PM - 20 February, 2013
key detection would be awesome, I hate having to run tracks and folders thru mixed in key before going into serato.
sixxx 9:04 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
7. Automatic witty serato forum response generator

Excellent response
jprime 9:06 PM - 20 February, 2013
^^prime example of the generators possibilities really ;)
the_black_one 9:08 PM - 20 February, 2013
This one has legs on it
latindj 9:29 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:

3. MIDI OUT!!!!
4. Key Detection
5. Torrent downloading.
6. Auto MC for the DJ who is afraid to get on the mic
7. Automatic witty serato forum response generator.

8. Automatic request button with "auto-request-detection and sync" would be awesome!
stevie o 9:31 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
This one has legs on it

Usain bolt legs
bicedidit 9:35 PM - 20 February, 2013
#9. Ketchup dispenser
pdidy 9:40 PM - 20 February, 2013
10. Automix so djs can be more "creative" socially ie. drinkng, eating, dancing, networking and bagging chicks.
latindj 9:46 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
#9. Tampon dispenser

this is a good idea for the guys wanting the Traktor features...

NM
StevenWayne 10:08 PM - 20 February, 2013

3. MIDI OUT!!!!
4. Key Detection
5. Torrent downloading.
7. 8 deck control. Ideal for dj's who feel 4 deck will not suffice.
eder 10:31 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
This one has legs on it

Usain bolt legs

more like Oscar Pistorius legs
latindj 10:40 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This one has legs on it

Usain bolt legs

more like Oscar Pistorius legs

oh damn...you murdered it! lol
the_black_one 10:50 PM - 20 February, 2013
Lebron James legs
DJ Dynamite - NJ 11:23 PM - 20 February, 2013
DJ Reflex 11:28 PM - 20 February, 2013
#11. Vending machine built into MIDI out port... for when you need a snack during a gig.
Dj Shamann 11:32 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:

Is it that difficult now?
DJ Reflex 11:36 PM - 20 February, 2013
^^ I think he is still using cassette tapes and rewinding/fast-forwarding to the new songs. This can take a lot out of you for 5 hours!
skinnyguy 6:20 AM - 21 February, 2013
Still waiting for the damn cup holder. Wtf is up with that, really?
Daniel Ventura 9:12 AM - 21 February, 2013
just testing this great new update (2.6.1) and this confirms again: it was the best decision for me to switch to traktor last month.
before serato can say "sausage" - ni has eaten it long time ago :-D
it seems that serato haven't any chance to catch up at the moment with all these features.
by the way: it seems that traktor dj is already available on appstore? (can't check this bcause im on android). cost: $20
the_black_one 9:21 AM - 21 February, 2013
Sooooo u like sausage????? Nm,nh
AKIEM 9:39 AM - 21 February, 2013
Deck Wax
Daniel Ventura 9:40 AM - 21 February, 2013
yes man, especially german sausage made in berlin ;-)
[cliche mode : on] most germans like sausage [cliche mode: off]
SeriousCyrus 9:44 AM - 21 February, 2013
Serato should take a radical and opposite direction to traktor and make serato a command line program only, no user interface. All commands will require a confusing ammount of single letter parameters, the only documentation for which will be through the help parameter.

All questions for help on this forum will be answered only by 4 letters, rtfm.
eder 9:56 AM - 21 February, 2013
I haz a DJ softwear
Daniel Ventura 10:34 AM - 21 February, 2013
it's gettin better and better:
at this moment ni released a firmware update for audio6 and 10 that makes it possible to connect them via camera connection kit to an ipad! whack!
i think this is a real move forward.
Dj JesC 11:02 AM - 21 February, 2013
Traktor has a iOS app now for the iPad.
phatbob 11:12 AM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
Traktor has a iOS app now for the iPad.

Which not only works as a standalone DJ app, but also lets you do prep on your main collection and syncs via Dropbox.

Very slick.
phatbob 11:12 AM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
it's gettin better and better:
at this moment ni released a firmware update for audio6 and 10 that makes it possible to connect them via camera connection kit to an ipad! whack!
i think this is a real move forward.

Where are you seeing that dude? I can't find it.
Daniel Ventura 11:58 AM - 21 February, 2013
changelog:

Changes in Firmware version 47 (Traktor Audio 6) and version 48 (Traktor Audio 10): Added support for iOS for Traktor Audio 6 and Traktor Audio 10.

Changes in Firmware version 42 (Traktor Kontrol Z2): Minor improvements for Traktor Kontrol Z2.

Please note that at least the driver version 3.0.3 is required and must be installed before performing the steps listed below.

just download the newest device updater.
SeriousCyrus 12:06 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
Which not only works as a standalone DJ app, but also lets you do prep on your main collection and syncs via Dropbox.

That's something I've wanted for a long time, I'd really like a dj ipod app, that lets you organise crates, analyse, set cues and loops and then sync back to serato.

The music player app on iOS doesn't even let you add the currently playing song to a playlist, which would be a start.
ekwipt 12:16 PM - 21 February, 2013
Just bought the DJ app it's very cool.

On the deck scribbler/scratch is very meh, wish they didn't worry about this.

Ability to add Cue and Loop points is a great feature...

Like Serato SL preperation screen, but you can do it all on iPad!

Two decks only A/B stacked waveforms (signs of things to come?)

FX with a drop down list (iOS version now has more FX than SSL... :)

iOS integration with Scratch hardware, no Scratch support yet, but i'm guessing it coming

Traktor Audio 6/10 are now compatible with iPad running iOS 6.0 or higher via Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter. It is now possible to use multi-channel audio within Traktor DJ and other multichannel compatible apps.

I could definitely see some time in the future taking the iPad instead of a laptop to a gig, much easier to carry, but obviously not fast enough just yet
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:46 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
Serato should take a radical and opposite direction to traktor and make serato a command line program only, no user interface. All commands will require a confusing ammount of single letter parameters, the only documentation for which will be through the help parameter.

All questions for help on this forum will be answered only by 4 letters, rtfm.

They've already created that...

It's called ScratchTools.
BERTO 12:53 PM - 21 February, 2013
A track prep app! I swear traktor team lurks on these forums. Serato step ur game up
DJ Dynamite - NJ 1:25 PM - 21 February, 2013
I find it funny how all these guys are giving so much praise to Traktor but are still lurking on the Serato forum. If Traktor is so great then what are you guys still doing on here? LOL
phatbob 1:38 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
I find it funny how all these guys are giving so much praise to Traktor but are still lurking on the Serato forum. If Traktor is so great then what are you guys still doing on here? LOL

We're DJs with an interest in technology and like to keep up with the moves of Serato's biggest competitor in the industry.

Seems less weird to me than someone with zero interest in all that, but still feels the need to comment on all threads about it.
Daniel Ventura 1:38 PM - 21 February, 2013
Bcause it's a good forum as mentioned in another thread ;-)
PorkyG 2:20 PM - 21 February, 2013
Mind amplification goggles that allow me to control the minds of everyone within a 2,000 sq ft radius.

Designed to look something like this so it is both awesome and inconspicuous.
www.geekculture.com
DJDaveOtt 2:35 PM - 21 February, 2013
Mixed in key doesn't support mp4...at least last time I looked...
DJDaveOtt 2:36 PM - 21 February, 2013
And I'm not about to scan thousands of mp3, extract the key, then have to manually add them to the tags of each mp4...
DJ Dynamite - NJ 2:47 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

We're DJs with an interest in technology and like to keep up with the moves of Serato's biggest competitor in the industry.

Seems less weird to me than someone with zero interest in all commenting tstill feels the need to comment on all threads about it.

I am interested in technology too, but I don't go on the Traktor forum talking about Serato. Just seems very trollish to me. And as far as me commenting on threads, I just do it to annoy you Phatbob lol
DJDaveOtt 2:50 PM - 21 February, 2013
I don't think I've ever been to the Tracktor forum... I troll enough here haha
phatbob 3:02 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:

You should look again.
phatbob 3:05 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
And as far as me commenting on threads, I just do it to annoy you Phatbob lol

All in good sport, dude.

The Traktor/Serato forum thing has been covered thoroughly in another thread though, as you know. Of course, that one just devolved into discussions about bowls of dicks, as per usual round here... ;)
jprime 3:08 PM - 21 February, 2013
www.djtechtools.com

Wow...lulz. The Traktor ipad app actually has track suggestion. Jeeeezuz.

nts
XRM5 3:13 PM - 21 February, 2013
It's not about Traktor vs Serato. It's about the speed at which the craft is evolving.

Traktor is throwing all kinds of ideas out there to see what sticks because they come from a software paradigm where things change constantly. Serato comes from a tradition of cloning hardware that hasn't changed since the 70s but could survive a nuclear holocaust.

Both are valid points of view, but neither one is the last word.
jprime 3:21 PM - 21 February, 2013
seratoDJ doesn't feel like a clone of 70s tech at all to me.
XRM5 3:28 PM - 21 February, 2013
I didn't mean to say it does. I was thinking more about Serato's origin, and the experience the turntablist/traditional DJ culture expects from them.
REDSELECTER 3:30 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
It's not about Traktor vs Serato. It's about the speed at which the craft is evolving.

Traktor is throwing all kinds of ideas out there to see what sticks because they come from a software paradigm where things change constantly. Serato comes from a tradition of cloning hardware that hasn't changed since the 70s but could survive a nuclear holocaust.

Both are valid points of view, but neither one is the last word.

you nailed it
djaction 3:31 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:

actually it does
jprime 3:32 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
the experience the turntablist/traditional DJ culture expects from them.

This for sure.

Truly will be interesting to see what they bring forward next. :)
djaction 3:34 PM - 21 February, 2013
See basically if you don't sound good DJ'ing with only 2 decks.. you WILL sound exponentially better with more decks (traktor). So for instance, Jazzy Jeff on 2 decks will sound inferior to some rookie with 1 month experience on traktor provided he has 12 decks going at the same time.
XRM5 3:43 PM - 21 February, 2013
You're trolling.
DJ Quartz 3:48 PM - 21 February, 2013
I actually sent a inquiry couple months to see if Serato had any plans to release app but for different purposes.

I'm not sure if anyone sees value in this, but it could report updates, have access to the playlists and whitelabel tracks listings.

Any thoughts?
DJ DisGrace 3:50 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
I actually sent a inquiry couple months to see if Serato had any plans to release app but for different purposes.

I'm not sure if anyone sees value in this, but it could report updates, have access to the playlists and whitelabel tracks listings.

Any thoughts?

If anything else, it's a good way to earn som income.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 3:51 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
And as far as me commenting on threads, I just do it to annoy you Phatbob lol

All in good sport, dude.

The Traktor/Serato forum thing has been covered thoroughly in another thread though, as you know. Of course, that one just devolved into discussions about bowls of dicks, as per usual round here... ;)

I'm sure this one is gonna derailed into something else. Hopefully something more interesting than bowls of dicks (nm)
DJ GaFFle 4:06 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
...Traktor is throwing all kinds of ideas out there to see what sticks...

Wouldn't that lead to a bloated application? Other companies have made that mistake (ie: Microsoft)
XRM5 4:19 PM - 21 February, 2013
I wasn't totally defending them. There are other companies like Algoriddim and Mixvibes pushing things too, they may mature to the point where they're contenders. Or somebody we've never heard of.
BERTO 4:41 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:

Never used traktor or even been on forums pnce, i am a 5+ year serato user, my post above was in reference to traktor coming out with all the serato user requests..... Cmon an ipad library prepare app.... We have wanted that here....key detection was requested forever, beat grids ... I know you dont need all that but hey we are using dvs...
WarpNote 5:15 PM - 21 February, 2013
3. MIDI OUT!!!!
4. Key Detection
5. Torrent downloading.
7. 8 deck control. Ideal for dj's who feel 4 deck will not suffice.
8. MOST IMPORTANTLY, DA CRAZY FX! - Watchwww.youtube.com
sixxx 5:38 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
Let's make a list of

Quote:
www.djtechtools.com

Wow...lulz. The Traktor ipad app actually has track suggestion. Jeeeezuz.

nts

I say that's close. lol
jprime 5:44 PM - 21 February, 2013
Man did I laugh when I saw that this morning :)
Mike_P 6:20 PM - 21 February, 2013
This is what djing has been reduced to. Sigh. I can't wait til the next dad rolls around and all these "technology" kids lose interest in DJing.
Mike_P 6:21 PM - 21 February, 2013
*fad. Lol
Taipanic 8:14 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
...Traktor is throwing all kinds of ideas out there to see what sticks...

Wouldn't that lead to a bloated application? Other companies have made that mistake (ie: Microsoft)

Possibly, but if it is coded right and tested thoroughly that shouldn't be an issue. What is important, IMO, is to have the ability to show or hide what you want. Old school? Only show relevant things needed for vinyl emulation. Like the toys(nm)? Be able to show samplers, remix decks, effects, etc... so you can try out new things.
Having a clean user interface is key. Every DJ wants the tools they use to be easily accessible & view-able and don't want to see any of the stuff they don't use. If you can add new things and keep the DVS stable and have the ability to control what you see (and use), then add away. Of course stability of the basic platform is the number one priority. If you lose that, then nothing else matters.
Dj JesC 10:08 PM - 21 February, 2013
I would love to use a barebones Serato app on the iPad and hook up a SL box or Rane mixer thru the USB camera kit.
Mr. Goodkat 11:55 PM - 21 February, 2013
through dvs, djs have bought into and funded their own demise.
AKIEM 12:35 AM - 22 February, 2013
told ya -> serato.com
Steve E Wunda 3:08 AM - 22 February, 2013
Quote:
#11. Vending machine built into MIDI out port... for when you need a snack during a gig.

Will this vending machine sell bowls of dicks? NH, NM
the_black_one 4:22 AM - 22 February, 2013
LOL!!!!!!! Serving up bowls of dicks!!! Nm,nh
Dj Nyce 3:41 PM - 22 February, 2013
i tested the key detection. it is fast and as accurate as MIK or IB's KeyFinder. it has several different options for displaying the key and writing the key back to the file.
latindj 5:18 PM - 22 February, 2013
Key detection? Oh thank you Lord! Thank you! This will be such a great help for me. So many times at the end of the night I spend at least a half hour looking for me keys. Does it work like the clapper? Clap on, find keys...clap off, found them?
slimmjimm 5:20 PM - 22 February, 2013
Quote:
Key detection? Oh thank you Lord! Thank you! This will be such a great help for me. So many times at the end of the night I spend at least a half hour looking for me keys. Does it work like the clapper? Clap on, find keys...clap off, found them?

I would gladly switch for this alone.
Mike_P 5:29 PM - 22 February, 2013
Quote:

HAHAHAHA!!!
dj-freestyle 5:39 PM - 22 February, 2013
All my traktor guys say its crashing like crazy since key detection was added.
Daniel Ventura 5:50 PM - 22 February, 2013
hmm testet 2.6.1 under win7 yesterday and today - no crash at all with key detection on, can you tell more about the problems?
latindj 6:16 PM - 22 February, 2013
so now we are a traktor help forum??? SMH...
BERTO 7:17 PM - 22 February, 2013
Quote:
so now we are a traktor help forum??? SMH...

Serato forums aka unofficial traktor forums2013 aka midiout needs to happen
Mr. Goodkat 7:29 PM - 22 February, 2013
now traktor is only updating mac os 10.7 and up
thebuttonfreak 7:30 PM - 22 February, 2013
It's really more about what people want. Dinosaurs are going extinct and the younger djs simply don't care about your rules. Sooner rather than later Serato has to make a serious play for those younger djs, they want a standalone piece of software than has midi out. I know plenty of djs who stil use CDJ's or TT's and many of them have switched to Traktor, there no. 1 reason is features. Those of us making a fuss on this forum about features like SSL are doing so because we like the software, we like the company and what they stand for and we don't want to see them go the way of the dinosaurs.

I don't really care about mixed in key, it takes like 2 seconds to tell if your mix is out of key. Plus honestly who cares, you're a dj not the London philharmonic, I thought only trance dj's really gave a shit about this type of shit.
AKIEM 7:34 PM - 22 February, 2013
^ looks like a circle ^
Mr. Goodkat 7:34 PM - 22 February, 2013
the telling thing about traktor, been trying to sell a a10 for $250 on craigslist in a top 5 market. not one bite on it.
thebuttonfreak 7:36 PM - 22 February, 2013
Because Traktor works with any soundcard as long as you're not using timecodes.
dj-freestyle 7:37 PM - 22 February, 2013
Ya its funny i read about all these people switching yet every club and radio dj here in chicago uses serato and all the battles i go to there is serato. Was at redbull battle last night and serato everywhere.
thebuttonfreak 7:39 PM - 22 February, 2013
It still seems pretty strong in the US but not in the dance music scene. Hip hop and pop formats, wedding djs, those are mostly who is using serato. Considering how big dance music is right now I don't see Serato not sweating about this. In Europe I only see Traktor.
DJ DisGrace 7:42 PM - 22 February, 2013
Quote:
In Europe I only see Traktor.

I was in the UK for a year and only saw Serato.

Maybe someone that actually lives in Europe should enlighten us....
thebuttonfreak 7:44 PM - 22 February, 2013
I've been in mainland europe recently so I can't speak to the UK. If they still dominate in the UK I would say that's huge. That's a gigantic dj market.
thebuttonfreak 7:45 PM - 22 February, 2013
I'd like to hear from some brits. How about it? Serato or Traktor?
phatbob 8:21 PM - 22 February, 2013
In my city (Newcastle) it's about a 50/50 split, I'd say.

A slight weighting towards Serato for hip-hop/R&B vs NI for house, but that's by no means a hard and fast rule.

I've rarely seen anyone switch platforms; People tend to stick with what they know, which means Serato have a definite lead with the older DJs who moved to digital a few years back when Traktor was pretty unstable by comparison.

The younger kids coming up don't have that preconception, so you see a lot more Traktor use amongst them.
Alixx J 10:56 AM - 23 February, 2013
In my town & surrounding area it's a split between serato and virtual dj. The more experienced weekend guys bought serato years ago, the midweek djs and kids coming up are all using a free copy of virtual dj.

Money is tight in our town though, we're a seasonal place and it's all about the tourists.
There'd have to be some pretty aggressive pricing tactics to get people to switch here...
Detroitbootybass 5:08 PM - 28 February, 2013
No key detection software is very accurate. The best will be off 1/3rd of the time. That's an unacceptably high failure rate. But if someone wants to use a program and then go back and manually check by ear, then it might save a little bit of extra time.

I'd rather Serato focus on making the software more stable.
thebuttonfreak 4:27 AM - 1 March, 2013
I sort fo think this takes the fun out of mixing,
Dj Shamann 4:37 AM - 1 March, 2013
Quote:
No key detection software is very accurate. The best will be off 1/3rd of the time. That's an unacceptably high failure rate. But if someone wants to use a program and then go back and manually check by ear

LOL But that's the joke isn't it? The people who are actually able to go back and check by ear are the ones who don't need the software anyway. But the ones who need a key signature beside two track names to help them figure out if they go together or not will never be able to make that distinction in the first place.
blackavenger 6:16 AM - 1 March, 2013
Quote:
the telling thing about traktor, been trying to sell a a10 for $250 on craigslist in a top 5 market. not one bite on it.

That's because the A10 sucks, not because Traktor does. I would rather have a A8 than A10 any day. Screw any soundcard that is not bus powered. NI really dropped the ball w' that one!
blackavenger 6:27 AM - 1 March, 2013
Quote:
I've rarely seen anyone switch platforms; People tend to stick with what they know, which means Serato have a definite lead with the older DJs who moved to digital a few years back when Traktor was pretty unstable by comparison.

Well, I have been making the switch over the past months....no regrets here thus far.
I like Traktor's functionality. Those Remix Decks (just got an F1) are sooo freakin' fun!!

Don't get me wrong, I still like ScratchLIVE for simple mixing, and will definitely keep my SL3 so I can always keep up with it's advancements. Though for me, I want to branch out into doing more than just mixing track A to track B...rinse & repeat, and I feel I couldn't accomplish that w' the SP-6 as it is on ScratchLIVE. Maybe if Serato/Ableton develop The Bridge into something more like Traktor's Remix Decks, I may give it a whirl.....who knows?
Daniel Ventura 7:58 AM - 1 March, 2013
same here, switched last month after 8years serato to Traktor and don't regret it. yes, it was work but it's way better than waiting and waiting for serato to catch up.
now i'm on a solid and innovative platform.
blackavenger 2:03 PM - 1 March, 2013
Quote:
now i'm on a solid and innovative platform.

"solid", remains to be seen......."innovative", definitely!!
Daniel Ventura 2:24 PM - 1 March, 2013
till now no flaws or glitches in neither at home nor in live environment
echa1945mf 2:24 PM - 1 March, 2013
im a pretty anal,when it comes to harmonic mixing, mixed in key works well but still miscalculated on some, i trust my ear and my keyboard for key detection still , but i might download the new traktor update coz this thread makes me curious

ps i have both platform
slimmjimm 3:50 PM - 1 March, 2013
Serious question for you guys. I don't have MIK, never installed Traktor that came with my mixer (thought I might sometime)

I understand the need to mix in key, and although I haven't had any type of musical training in quite some time, I still try to mix harmonically. Whats the big deal about having a program do it? Is it just the quick glance that a track will mix with another without having to give it a quick listen or what?
echa1945mf 4:13 PM - 1 March, 2013
@slimjimm

well in my lazier year now... and since the dvs days , i find it having MIK to analyze my tunes really saves up time then to manually look for key (with ears and keyboard) , except when i feel some keys are not right , i grab my keyboard and change the file name to the correct key

i build my library based on keys ...... yes im that anal about harmonic mixing :D

but seriously ... i used MIK because im lazy
djaction 4:16 PM - 1 March, 2013
Ok I"m ready to switch to TRAKTOR. How do I play video's as a VDJ with Traktor? Thanks!!
echa1945mf 4:18 PM - 1 March, 2013
hahahahahaha i thought this was gonna be an interesting, i was wrong ... carry on
jprime 5:38 PM - 1 March, 2013
Quote:
Ok I"m ready to switch to TRAKTOR. How do I play video's as a VDJ with Traktor? Thanks!!

To VJ properly, you'll want a serious program like resolume or something.
djaction 7:08 PM - 1 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

To VJ properly, you'll want a serious program like Serato with MixEmergency.

FTFY
djaction 7:08 PM - 1 March, 2013
been using Serato w/ ME for years with 0 problems.
jprime 7:21 PM - 1 March, 2013
Just messin man. I know serato and ME are great for videos.

Though from what I hear - the dudes that are doing complex architectural mapping and shit like that are using some pretty mental software.
djaction 8:25 PM - 1 March, 2013
ME does the 3d architectural mapping too :D
jprime 8:43 PM - 1 March, 2013
Nice! This i did not know. Thanks for the info :D

#learngasm
Laz219 1:07 AM - 2 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

That's because the A10 sucks, not because Traktor does. I would rather have a A8 than A10 any day. Screw any soundcard that is not bus powered. NI really dropped the ball w' that one!

.....Does the A10 require mains power? If so, that would really suck, I have enough trouble finding a spot for my laptop in a lot of booths.
d:raf 1:56 AM - 2 March, 2013
I carry a short 3-outlet extension cord just for that inevitability; if there's one outlet free that's all I need for my laptop + controller and I have a spare outlet free just in case.
blackavenger 5:56 AM - 2 March, 2013
Quote:
.....Does the A10 require mains power? If so, that would really suck, I have enough trouble finding a spot for my laptop in a lot of booths.

It does.

The A4, A6, & A8 are bus powered.
WarpNote 9:51 AM - 2 March, 2013
Quote:
Just messin man. I know serato and ME are great for videos.

Though from what I hear - the dudes that are doing complex architectural mapping and shit like that are using some pretty mental software.

Quote:
ME does the 3d architectural mapping too :D

ME, Syphon output to www.madmapper.com...
DJ Jonasty 9:59 AM - 2 March, 2013
The key detection has been working great. It's very accurate and is quite helpful.
Mr. Goodkat 10:07 PM - 2 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

still at half price you can use it for a home soundcard. and it has midi.......wait..............................wait...................

midi out