Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

SP6 Trigger buttons

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Sand 7:14 PM - 19 February, 2013
How do I trigger SP6 samples on my NS6 when using DJ?
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:14 PM - 19 February, 2013
Hey Sand,

Thanks for getting in touch,
You cannot trigger the SP-6 sampler from your NS6.
You will need to use a Generic Midi controller and assign those play/stop buttons.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask :)
938MyDJ 10:57 PM - 19 February, 2013
Other option is to use the: ZXCVBN from your keyboard. Tip: set up the volume level properly according to your taste.

This is what I do with Itch and Scratch Live for small set-ups (without my 2 Kontrol X1s).
Serato, Support
Jamie W 12:28 AM - 20 February, 2013
Hey 938MyDJ,

Thanks for your input, its much appreciated :)
938MyDJ 4:04 AM - 20 February, 2013
Too bad that we can't use the SP6 when the panel is hidden like in Itch and Scratch Live :(
bloo 5:13 AM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
Too bad that we can't use the SP6 when the panel is hidden like in Itch and Scratch Live :(

Really? Damn!
Sand 11:43 AM - 20 February, 2013
Bit of a major overlook not including NS6 sample triggers like Itch, will this be included in a future update?
bloo 5:01 PM - 20 February, 2013
Looks like SP6 keyboard functions while hidden is going to be taken care of. However, if you currently MIDI map SP6 to a MIDI controller it should work while hidden.

See:

Quote:
Thanks guys, I've logged this and I'll make sure it gets fixed :)

Please note that this doesn't occur when triggering from your DJ controller or via MIDI.
bloo 5:02 PM - 20 February, 2013
Forgot the link to Serato confirmation: serato.com
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:44 PM - 20 February, 2013
Hey 938Mydj,

Quote:

If you have SP-6 decks looping and you close the panel, these loops will continue to play. You just wont be able to trigger new sounds using the keyboard shortcuts until you reopen the SP-6 window.

As Bloo as said, if you use a MIDI controller for the SP-6 sampler you can trigger samples while the window is closed.

We hope to have the keyboard shortcut issue resolved in a future update. Thats all the information I have on this at the moment.

Thanks.