Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ-SX VS NS6

MusicDan 5:59 PM - 19 February, 2013
Has anyone else noticed that the output on the DDJ-SX is lower than on the NS6? Is it the soundcards, or the program? Now that the NS6 is on SDJ, can someone who has both do a comparison? I feel like I have to turn up my speakers to get the sound I use to get with the NS6 running Itch. I would set it to 11 o'clock with the sub at 9 o'clock. Now the sub goes up to 11 and the speakers go up to 2. What gives?
raggarichie 1:05 AM - 20 February, 2013
I notice the sam thing, I sold my NS6 Last wednesday and received my DDJ-sx yesterday. i'm impress with the DDJ-sx but i did notice that my Alto is not beating as loud as it use at the same level as the Ns6.

The Pads and the Slicer is dope on the DDJ-sx but i do think that the NS6 is better in couple areas.
Lightning 2:27 AM - 20 February, 2013
I don't think its SX, I think its a software thing. Look at the master gain VU in SDJ, its low. I have to crank the master up to about 3 o'clock to get my SX balanced out right. Plenty of head room on the booth and mains after you crank that up.
Dave The One 2:25 PM - 20 February, 2013
^
Correct it's Serato Dj; I had both. You have to adjust the master gain VU's.

As far as anything else; there's no contest! DDJ SX is the premier Serato controller.
Rebelguy 5:45 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
^
Correct it's Serato Dj; I had both. You have to adjust the master gain VU's.

As far as anything else; there's no contest! DDJ SX is the premier Serato controller.

I definitely need to try this. I actually have been running the SX into a Mackie Mackie 402 VLZ3 to solve the mix problem. I would love to take it out of the equation if the mic is indeed fixed and I can get some decent headroom out of the unit. If not then it's not too much of a problem still using the Mackie.
ivan zilch 5:50 PM - 20 February, 2013
i just had a play at a friend's ns6 today (i own the ddj sx) and i am surprised to say that the ns6 has slightly better jogwheel "release"

as in as soon as you release the platter the deck plays instantly, in the ddj-sx sometimes theres a slight pause before the deck plays (unless you nudge the jog a tiny bit)
Dave The One 6:00 PM - 20 February, 2013
^

Not at all; no slight pause for me; I had the NS6 as well. Maybe it's how you have yours set up; you can customize it with the front panel control knobs and you can also go into the mixers internal settings (to adjust pad sensitivity, change the led patterns on the jog wheels etc..) to adjust the platters.

There is alot of misinformation out there from controller to controller, no two have the same exact feel/response on the jogs.
dj res-q 7:58 PM - 20 February, 2013
Why all the comparisons? I've seen dj's with top of the line equipment dj like crap,& some using crappy equipment dj better than the so call pros. It really doesnt matter what you use it's how you use it.
Handikap 8:28 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
Why all the comparisons? I've seen dj's with top of the line equipment dj like crap,& some using crappy equipment dj better than the so call pros. It really doesnt matter what you use it's how you use it.

The good shit is always heavy..
dj lashes 8:44 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:

think about how good the dj using crappy equipment that djs better than the so call pros would be on good gear super pro..
dj res-q 12:54 AM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

think about how good the dj using crappy equipment that djs better than the so call pros would be on good gear super pro..

guess you got a point