DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Do you guys hate me??!!Cali...

cali 3:01 AM - 17 January, 2006
i just want to know that i dont have anything to be a dj...and i want to learn...thats why i ask lots of basic things
Righteous 4:27 AM - 17 January, 2006
Man- shit- I don't hate you! What questions you got? I'll help!
mexicannnnnn 4:48 AM - 17 January, 2006
No one hates you (I dont think). Feel free to ask away, just make sure your thread titles are useful and easy to read.

Just stick to the rules for the forum and everyone is happy.

Now.. what kinda questions you got?
mexicannnnnn 4:54 AM - 17 January, 2006
Ohh.. please try not to double post. I know it does happen sometimes.
DJ Unique 5:39 AM - 17 January, 2006
Hey Cali from PR.

Nobody hates you.
You have asked some very basic questions that may make some wonder if you are really serious or just posting nonsense. My advice to you is still the same. Find another DJ and make him/her your friend so that he/she can teach you the basics. I teach everyone that asks me questions.

If you do not have any equipment other that turntables, then ask yourself what type of DJ you want to be.
Bedroom, Mobile or Club.
After that then we can help you decide on what type of equipemnt to look for and how to hook it up.

If you prefer to e-mail me your questions directly or in Español, I will gladly help as best as I can. And yes, hablo Español porque soy Mexicano viviendo en Los Angeles.

djunique1@hotmail.com
mexicannnnnn 6:18 AM - 17 January, 2006
Soy Mexicannnnnno viviendo en Toronto. ;-)
mexicannnnnn 6:20 AM - 17 January, 2006
ok ok, half Mexicano.
BassChamber 10:20 AM - 17 January, 2006
yo hablo español porque soy español jejeje :P
DeezNotes 2:36 PM - 17 January, 2006
cali, sorry for what I wrote in the other post. Usually a newbie will explain that [they are new to the game]. It seemed like you kept posting nonsense. I didn't know you were new to the game. We're all here to help, but a large part of DJing is trial and error. If you do your research, you will have less of that. Spend your time doing research and ask the questions you can't find answers to. Read all the manuals to everything you buy and Google any questions you may have and you'll be alright.

Trust me... the OG's of the game had it a lot harder than we do now.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:04 PM - 17 January, 2006
my daughter watches Dora... i lernt Tenada (you're welcome) and Vamanos (i think it means lets get up and blow this joint) :)
skinnyguy 10:08 PM - 17 January, 2006
no, but ppl will hate when you double post or cross post... ;P
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:15 PM - 17 January, 2006
or cross-dress...not that there's nothing wrong with cross-dressing :)