DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Looking for a Microphone, Any Suggestions...

clintonf 9:09 AM - 12 January, 2006
...please

I don't need anything madly professional (or expensive). Just something that I can rock with at home, but take on the road (just in case I ever decide to leave my house).

Thanks in advance

Clint
KMXE 7:48 PM - 12 January, 2006
Shure SM58 - u cant go wrong!
clintonf 8:06 PM - 12 January, 2006
Is this the same as the Shure Beta 58a?

Funnily enough, that was the one I was looking at?

Thanks

Clint
KMXE 1:49 AM - 13 January, 2006
im not sure if its the same, it could be a "newer" model. but the 58 has been around for years. But, watch out for fake mics, im sure there is some document on the web to state how to spot a fake. i've got this mic, first mic i got - its like its good enough for most situation, and it takes a hell of a beating. These mics have been used in countless concerts, and i would dare say almost every studio in the world has 1. im not saying to get 1 because everyone has 1, but it has stood the test of time!
DJ Unique 5:50 AM - 13 January, 2006
Shure SM58 is a great mike and the Beta 58 is better.
I own both wired and wireless and never had a problem with them.
I also own a Sennheiser e840, which cost me less than a Beta 58 and has a wider frequency pick-up.
clintonf 9:51 AM - 13 January, 2006
Thanks both for your replies. I have a newbie question.

I've just purchased a TTM56 and the Shure Mics (and others) seem to use and XLR cable. How would I connect them together?

Thanks

Clint
KMXE 12:19 AM - 14 January, 2006
buy a cable which is a XLR to Jack type
clintonf 2:54 PM - 14 January, 2006
Thanks KMXE. I'll let you know which one I get.

Respect