DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Hercules DJ Console MK2 vs. Scratch Live..

cali 12:32 AM - 12 January, 2006
i dont know what to buy!!?!?!...I NEED ADVICE ..both seems good
Konix 12:54 AM - 12 January, 2006
Well, do you want a plastic toy or serious audio hard/software? I guess it depends on what you want to do. If you're new to dj'ing and don't have turntables/CDJs and a mixer then maybe the Hercules is a better choice for someone just starting out. But if you already have tables and a mixer I don't see why/how you'd even consider getting the Hercules. If a controler is what you want there are much better ones out there than this cheap thing. You'd also have to use Traktor or one of those other DJ programs that support the Hercules, as SSL doesn't support it.
punosion 1:07 AM - 12 January, 2006
SSL, absolutely no question...especially if you've worked with vinyl before. If you go with the Hercules, you'll get a joke-of-a-controller that's one step from being as gimmicky as Nintendo's robot controller released in the mid-80's. If you go with SLL, you'll have a world-class product trusted by professionals. It really is the be-all-end-all vinyl to digital bridge.

I say if you spend the money right, you'll spend it only once.
DJMark 1:25 AM - 12 January, 2006
Short answer: the Hercules thing is a piece of crap.
DeezNotes 1:28 AM - 12 January, 2006
Judging by your previous posts it seems like the only problem you have is figuring out how to connect your amps and speakers now that you have SL. scratchlive.net

I don't think we should entertain your posts any longer.
Righteous 2:16 AM - 12 January, 2006
I actually started witht the original Hercules. Starting out for the first few months, i think its perfect. I then switched to a vinyl setup (two tech mk5s, and an X300) and found it quite easy to mix and beat match vinyls due to my expierience witht the herc. Now i have Serato, which is top of the line by far. I love Serato till death. Hahaha, you have no idea.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:31 AM - 12 January, 2006
troll!

i still have my hercules :P
Righteous 7:02 AM - 12 January, 2006
I kinda wish i still had mine... it's kinda like pulling out your old baby blanket or something... haha... kinda lookin at it like... "Dam!" Although...I know my baby blanket (wherever it is) is in better condition that my old hercules when I was done with it. (buttons not responding...jog wheels all stiff and sh|t)
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:24 AM - 12 January, 2006
i tore up my ol baby blanket to a million pieces (cause i threw a major bratty tantrum...a first btw) when i was in the cub scouts (back in tha day 1976) cause i was hella pissed when my mom said i couldn't go to one of the events (cause is was raining that day).
punosion 4:45 PM - 12 January, 2006
Heh, I sold my "baby blanket" CD decks to see Moby @ Area:One in Minneapolis a few years ago.

You confuse me cali...do you actually have SSL yet, or are you still beating your head in debate?

*psst* Go SSL! ;)
DJ Unique 5:56 AM - 13 January, 2006
Cali from PR has posted a few times about not being able decide between SSL, FS2, Hercules as well as how to hook up amplifiers and speakers.

Cali, you need to become good friends with another DJ that has more experience than you.