DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

HOW DO I CONNECT THE AMPLIFIER TO THE SCRATCH LIVE!??!?!?!?!

cali 1:39 AM - 11 January, 2006
how i connect the amplifier?
DeezNotes 2:50 AM - 11 January, 2006
How can you not read the quick start sheet that came with it?
SloMocean 2:58 AM - 11 January, 2006
You're killing me, dog ...
echey 2:59 AM - 11 January, 2006
connect the amplifier?
Manito como es eso?
Tu eres DJ?
Tiene algun tipo de experiencia en audio electronica?

No lo coja de malo, solo quiero ayudarte.
SloMocean 2:59 AM - 11 January, 2006
Quote:
How can you not read the quick start sheet that came with it?

Even if you can't read, the manual has pictures ... please do you're research

much love
echey 4:06 AM - 11 January, 2006
connect the amplifier?
Manito como es eso?
Tu eres DJ?
Tiene algun tipo de experiencia en audio electronica?

No lo coja de malo, solo quiero ayudarte.
MSF 12:12 AM - 12 January, 2006
You probably want to connect an amplifier to your DJ mixer output and not your SSL unit.

But if you REALLY WANT to connect the amplifier to your SSL unit, you would probably connect it to the LINE 1 OUT.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 2:28 AM - 12 January, 2006
Come on guys, you agreed to "be nice to others" when you signed up. Please be nice to new people who have questions.

Quote:
You probably want to connect an amplifier to your DJ mixer output and not your SSL unit.

But if you REALLY WANT to connect the amplifier to your SSL unit, you would probably connect it to the LINE 1 OUT.

Thanks MSF
DJ Unique 8:28 AM - 12 January, 2006
Cali from PR.

Follow the signal path.

1 - Turntables output to Mixer's phono input.

2 - If you have an EQ or other signal processor, you can hook these up 2 different ways. Check to see if your mixer has an effects loop option. If so, then mixer loop signal output to your EQ's input. Then your EQ's output to your mixer's loop input. If your mixer does not have an effects loop then Mixer main output to EQ's input.

3 - Mixer main output (or EQ output) to Amplifier's input. Mixer's main output are either RCA, 1/4" or XLR. If you have combo outputs you should use XLR if available. If XLR is not available then try to use 1/4". Most amplifiers have XLR or 1/4" inputs or both. Again XLR is better. If you need to buy XLR cables make sure they are NOT for microphones. They MUST be for audio.

Check out this link so you can see the actual connectors.
www.deepsurplus.com

If your cables seem old, I would advise you replace them.

Hope this helps