DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Ztrip 62

VDJ ASTRO 4:18 AM - 9 February, 2013
I bought a regular 62 but now I want a z model what's the cheapest deal out GC is giving me a price out the door of 2,000

Can I get a better deal?
funkyfresh2012 6:48 PM - 9 February, 2013
hit up proaudiostar. They are pretty good on price
funkyfresh2012 6:48 PM - 9 February, 2013
or agiprodj
VDJ ASTRO 2:11 AM - 10 February, 2013
Thanks will do
Frankie Glasses 6:43 PM - 12 February, 2013
American Musical Supply....Theres coupons out there... just gotta look
Jairen 7:58 PM - 12 February, 2013
I just don't see the point in buying the Z version if you already have the regular 62.
justnoize 8:24 PM - 12 February, 2013
Idjnow ... Just purchased for 2049 + tax but included a flight case and a t-shirt.
Frankie Glasses 8:56 PM - 12 February, 2013
Quote:
I just don't see the point in buying the Z version if you already have the regular 62.

Baller status...
or
Tax return status :)
VDJ ASTRO 12:37 AM - 13 February, 2013
A lil bit of both :) I have 3 sets of equipment and one needs a mixer currently using a Denon and it looks dated, so it's like remodeling for me eventually I hope the kids follow the music genes in us.
YZ 9:10 PM - 13 February, 2013
pay an extra 300 bucks for some other dudes name all over your mixer?
monchi 11:52 PM - 13 February, 2013
Yup like fools paying 100 more to have JORDAN on their NIKE shoes etc!!!!!!!!
monchi 11:52 PM - 13 February, 2013
Its suppose to be a LIMITED EDITION Z-TRIP which it is, get of your high horses SUKAS!
DjDannyXL 3:15 AM - 14 February, 2013
Quote:

i agree. not disrespect though. but i wouldnt want some other dudes name on my mixer. no matter who he is
VDJ ASTRO 5:33 AM - 14 February, 2013
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Its suppose to be a LIMITED EDITION Z-TRIP which it is, get of your high horses SUKAS!

Quote:
Quote:

i agree. not disrespect though. but i wouldnt want some other dudes name on my mixer. no matter who he is

well to each his own, i got cutom covers of my own so regardless of name or no name i always have my own style and custom look that I make my own statement when i Dj.and the reason people buy Dr Dre Beats, Or Jordans Its because they can, i personally want another mixer than the old ass Denon DNX-1500s and i chose the z because of the custom cables which in other forums are worth the extra money so all together ill have the sl1,57,62,and 62z, so its kind of like having a pair of Jordans for each gig of the week, :) oh and i wanted to buy the 68 but the reviews were better on the 62 so why not just get the z model instead of the same 62 i already have, that's just like buying 2 pairs of red Jordans
bicedidit 6:12 PM - 14 February, 2013
But Jordans arent 2 grand.
And what's so special about the cables? Id assume there not of better quality than hosa's.
DjDannyXL 6:17 PM - 14 February, 2013
Quote:
And what's so special about the cables? Id assume there not of better quality than hosa's.

They come in purple. I believe they give u purple RCAs which u cant even use if u have technics unless u swap them out. Or if ur using CDJs. So the only cool thing will be having a purple usb cable. But im pretty sure u can find colored cables online for less than the difference cost of the 62z...
But like he said, to each his own. He can do it if he wants
VDJ ASTRO 8:13 PM - 14 February, 2013
Quote:

Well I really don't need the RCA cables or a purple USB but according to the site that has those cables they are worth mor than $100 , does that matter to me? No and I actually use a clear USB that's probably cheap, but I like the way it looks, I wouldn't buy Jordan's unless they looked like DC's or K Swiss , but I wanted a new mixer for my other set up so I got one . Now what I do agree on is the 62 and the 62z are really expensive I think over expensive, but I hope that the Dj's that support Rane get the support back, I guess that a different issue that needs to be on another forum but it is what it is
Rane, Support
Zach S 8:17 PM - 14 February, 2013
Correction here guys.. the Z is only $100 more and the cables themselves sell for $250 on their own.
(yes I know.. I would never pay that much for two rca cables and a USB cable either).
The cables are dope though. They aren't going to provide better sound quality (rca cables are rca cables) but the rectangular design of the cables make it so they won't get tangled up like every other cable out there. This is actually very nice when compared to a mess of cables in the back of a mixer.

I'm not one for having someone else's name on my mixer either but the extra $100 is about the Shepard Farey design, different colored knobs, and custom cables. Very worth it in my opinion.
VDJ ASTRO 8:23 PM - 14 February, 2013
Quote:
Correction here guys.. the Z is only $100 more and the cables themselves sell for $250 on their own.
(yes I know.. I would never pay that much for two rca cables and a USB cable either).
The cables are dope though. They aren't going to provide better sound quality (rca cables are rca cables) but the rectangular design of the cables make it so they won't get tangled up like every other cable out there. This is actually very nice when compared to a mess of cables in the back of a mixer.

I'm not one for having someone else's name on my mixer either but the extra $100 is about the Shepard Farey design, different colored knobs, and custom cables. Very worth it in my opinion.

And there we have it thanks Chad, I agree
YZ 8:27 PM - 14 February, 2013
Quote:

Bah, just cop'd the 88 J3's becuz they DIDN'T have the jumpman on the heel.
VDJ ASTRO 10:22 PM - 14 February, 2013
Don't look for Names on products look for quality and buy what you can afford dont live a champagne life on a beer budget

Till now I can honestly say I feel about my setups like I got the best and I own a legit copy of virtual Dj , and also traktor scratch, and still love to use Serato as my reliable gig set up.
VDJ ASTRO 3:11 AM - 26 February, 2013
so i ordered the mixer on the 9th paid 2000 out the door some how UPS lost the package so they refunded my account, since it was presidents day weekend i did not get the full refund so i didnt know exactly what was going on. i called GC and they said the were sorry and as soon as my refund posted they would overnight the mixer. i said ok.
the same day they charged my account again for the mixer so i was left with literally nothing on that account. so i called GC and asked them why they ran my card again without my permission. so the gm said after all the trouble i went through he would sell me the mixer at cost. so my question is what is the cost ? what should i settle for? it all ready cost me a few hundred on late fees and over drafts.
Dj_Liquit 2:02 AM - 1 March, 2013
I used to work at GC it should be a good discount but I'd still have them cover fees just cause... get the discount then dispute fees through your bank
Jay Swag 11:14 PM - 2 March, 2013
Just bought the non-z and got a hell of a deal at American Musical. Came with a free gator bag as well. Not a B-Stock. Paid $1799 Free shipping.

I went to Guitar Center and their was a 15% off coupon. When I went to check out it didn't work. So I clicked the chat button and told the rep that it didn't work and she gave me a temporary code which did. I don't think she should have done that but she did because when I checked the exception terms of the sale Rane products were on the exception.

Since I wanted the gator bag I asked AMS to price match and they wouldn't match it for the $1699 but the did offer $1799 which I certainly accepted.

So I quickly checked out. Got it on Friday 3/1.
wicked223 3:38 PM - 3 March, 2013
My guess would be around 1500-1600 is cost.
dj-freestyle 4:51 PM - 5 March, 2013
Got my z-tripp for 1700 at gc pro.
djkrazyleo 11:32 PM - 5 March, 2013
great deal
Socamonarch 2:27 AM - 12 March, 2013
Got mine for $1799 at JR.COM .. Got the last one.
DJMark 9:22 PM - 15 April, 2013
Just curious, how many of these have been made?
VDJ ASTRO 9:46 PM - 15 April, 2013
Quote:
Just curious, how many of these have been made?

Good question I didn't even check my serial