Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

when fading in and out between songs the volume goes up.

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane Sixty-Two
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Selena Sweet 16 8:08 PM - 5 February, 2013
When using my rane 62 and I create an instant double ( I like doing this because I am more comfortable mixing on the right side) and I fade it over I get a spike in volume as I fade over to it? Why does this happen and can I fix it?
eder 4:16 AM - 6 February, 2013
Check the plasma fluid levels.
djpuma_gemini 4:53 AM - 6 February, 2013
Two songs = louder than one song
StevenWayne 5:54 AM - 6 February, 2013
check if the polarity is reversed
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:26 AM - 6 February, 2013
Quote:
and I fade it over I get a spike in volume as I fade over to it? Why does this happen and can I fix it?

Try going New York style and quickly snapping it over - also yell on the Mic and people won't notice.
djaction 2:45 PM - 6 February, 2013
This is one of the main reasons I use traktor. With 4+ playing decks I can quadruple my audio output level as opposed to only getting the exponential gains of two songs at the same time with serato.

But to address your issue.. When the volume spikes from switching decks, immediately load a new song in the opposite deck. But note it MUST be a different song and you have to be fairly quick about it.
Jesus Christ 5:48 PM - 6 February, 2013
Plasma fluid in your upfaders is low.
5:50 PM, 6 Feb 2013
Jesus Christ attached a file: PlasmaSchematic.JPG
View· Permalink
Rane, Support
Zach S 8:07 PM - 6 February, 2013
Quote:
This is one of the main reasons I use traktor. With 4+ playing decks I can quadruple my audio output level as opposed to only getting the exponential gains of two songs at the same time with serato.
Regardless of what program you use... more signal equals more volume. Traktor does have a built in limiter that will cap the overall output but it can also smash the heck out of the signal depending on how hot you're running your individual internal gains.

Selena... the answer is to line up all the eqs and gains so they are the same, bring up the line fader for the channel you are swapping to, and quickly bring the X-Fader over.
This will avoid the double up of the audio thus avoid the spike in volume.
9:00 PM, 20 Feb 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.