Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

New to Serato DJ - Really Stupid Question

TheSilverStreak 10:24 PM - 31 January, 2013
Hi, I've been a pro DJ for 30+ years, so the concepts and music aren't new to me. I made a slow migration to Torq and Traktor and would now like to jump into Serato with its release of 'DJ' software. I've got a new MBP and a DDJ-SX on it's way. But where to start? Is there a technical "how-to" web site or book for Serato DJ software along the lines of the Traktor Bible? Thanks much.
Dokumentary 10:33 PM - 31 January, 2013
Start by analyzing your music in SDJ and setting cue points. Also, DL the DDJ-SX Manual and watch some Youtube vids while you're at it. Good luck.
phatbob 11:13 PM - 31 January, 2013
Quote:
Start by analyzing your music in SDJ and setting cue points. Also, DL the DDJ-SX Manual and watch some Youtube vids while you're at it. Good luck.

What he said...

The Serato DJ manual that you can download from this site is actually pretty nicely accessible, unlike the massively dense Traktor one. That's partly because the software is a bit simpler in general; the beauty of tightly integrated hardware and software.

It's also worth downloading the hardware manual from Pioneer's site too.

Once you've read those, if your gear arrives and you still have questions, you can just ask them here. Plenty of us will do our best to help you out.

Happy mixing!
TheSilverStreak 9:27 PM - 1 February, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Trying to work my way through Serato's beatgrids (which seem off in many cases), but I'll focus more on the manuals before asking for more help.