Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

when is it too old to be a dj?

djbigmark 7:21 PM - 26 June, 2008
A freind of mine does private parties for a magazine company. Recently it was mentioned that a younger look was needed so they hired another dj to play alongside him. The other dj is young but not good. My freind has experience and can dj with one hand behind his back. Yes he has some gray hair and is a little over weight and he is 46. When is it time to retire.
DJ Sniffles 7:23 PM - 26 June, 2008
ask Kool herc and gmf
sixxx 7:35 PM - 26 June, 2008
That's discrimination on the bases of age. Punishable by law btw.

At any rate, it's never too old to be a DJ and rock parties as long as you're still killing it and can connect with your crowd. That's it.
DJ Nick Lee 7:55 PM - 26 June, 2008
Part of connecting with the crowd is looking the part. As jacked up as it sounds your physical appearance might as well be coming out of the speakers.
DJBlisk 7:57 PM - 26 June, 2008
ask latindj.
sixxx 7:58 PM - 26 June, 2008
This goes along the lines of people not giving a fuck how you mix unless you're mixing the right songs... they won't care what you look like. They'll care what you play.
dirtbag filthy 8:08 PM - 26 June, 2008
looks over skills every time
Steve Dub. 8:17 PM - 26 June, 2008
It would be funny to see a 60 year old spinning at a party though ha ha.
DJ Bouj 8:51 PM - 26 June, 2008
DJ Nick Lee 9:04 PM - 26 June, 2008
Anyone seen TRL lately. The vdj they have on there looks whack and plays even whacker. In his defense I'm sure he's got a million restrictions on what he can play and how he can play it but damn...
kalibhakta 11:06 PM - 26 June, 2008
Quote:

There's a local guy here that is about that age (definitely mid to late 50's at least) and he commands lots of respect. He spins really tripped out house music. I see crowds around him from 17 to 47 sooo...I think it all depends on what you want to do and who you want to do it for.

Are you going to stop spinning when you're 60? I can't imagine stopping now! Figure by then all your friends will be 60 too, so you'll have people. Or maybe you can get gigs at a geriatric home.
sopranosupasta 11:12 PM - 26 June, 2008
i dont know about you guys, but ill be behind the decks with a walker and an oxygen tank.....

or maybe ill take it up a notch like this dude:
Watchwww.youtube.com
sixxx 11:35 PM - 26 June, 2008
I know I will be spinning in front of people until I can't anymore... and when that's done, I'm still gonna spin at home to teach the next generation.
dirtbag filthy 11:37 PM - 26 June, 2008
age is just a number

Watchwww.youtube.com
Audio1 11:41 PM - 26 June, 2008
Yall havent seen house/techno DJ's before? Some are in their 50's now and still DJIng...
dj cubicle 11:50 PM - 26 June, 2008
Hell, Art probably has 14 or 15 years on me and I know for a fact Hardy and I were both looking forward to hear him spin after we had met him.
j cue 1:34 AM - 27 June, 2008
this warms my heart..haha
dj_KaSE 2:33 AM - 27 June, 2008
I guess until my arthritis gets the best of me...which is why I hope drinking milk will help me out a lot.
DJ Vinyl V 5:53 AM - 27 June, 2008
those vids are too funny
Caramac 9:25 AM - 27 June, 2008
I think about this quite a bit. At what point will I decide to knock it all on the head and quit. I have the gift of looking about 19 though so I should be good for another 10 years at least. Lol.

But I think it would depend on where you dj, what you play, who you play to etc.

The other question is would you still want to be spinning clubs at night and working day jobs when you're into your 50's?
DJ Jonasty 1:37 PM - 27 June, 2008
I would say at about the same age that Rappers should stop rapping. But then again look at Grand Master Flash, he's still out there...And the Rolling Stones.....
DVDjHardy 1:54 PM - 27 June, 2008
Quote:
Hell, Art probably has 14 or 15 years on me and I know for a fact Hardy and I were both looking forward to hear him spin after we had met him.

+1.

I don't think I'll ever stop DJing but I will probably stop DJing in clubs or any gigs with really loud music (I feel old just saying that, lol) when my ear problems get to be too much. I've already lost hearing in only a few years of spinning clubs and I don't want to be deaf when I'm old!
DJ Young Herrera 1:56 PM - 27 June, 2008
I'm just getting started...
bourbonstmc 3:07 PM - 27 June, 2008
Quote:
I've already lost hearing in only a few years of spinning clubs and I don't want to be deaf when I'm old!

WHAT???
sixxx 3:37 PM - 27 June, 2008
Yeah. You DJ so bad, your own trainwrecks made you deaf in one ear... the cue ear. Hahaha
Caramac 3:52 PM - 27 June, 2008
Quote:
Yeah. You DJ so bad, your own trainwrecks made you deaf in one ear... the cue ear. Hahaha

Lol. Sixxx should write a book of these.
DJ d.range 1:04 AM - 30 June, 2008
never........
Martin McFly 4:53 AM - 30 June, 2008
Quote:
never........

+100
Caramac 8:26 AM - 30 June, 2008
When you play Juicy by Biggie and some one asks you if this is a new tune.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:13 AM - 30 June, 2008
Ok, I avoided this thread all weekend but finally clicked. Yep I'll be 45 in about a month and the thing is if music and DJ-ing is REALLY in your blood you never really want to quit, you just evolve or change.

I started in New Wave and Progressive - early 80's (think Depeche Mode and New York Garage shit), then House music (and Classic Techno) (- mid/late 80's) came and it eventually got fucked up by Europe (watered down - less soulful) so I went R&B, Rap, & Hip Hop (ummm Mid 90's? - when did Biggie Ready to Die come out?) did that for years until I got burned out (but didn't fully quit, just went through the motions)

I got Serato about a year and 1/2 ago and now I'm excited again. I am still trying to figure out where EXACTLY I want to go with it.

Now I did say evolve - I worked in the Music Industry too doing promotion (Detroit Techno labels, Indie Street Promotions, and even did a short stint as the Midwest Rep for Luke Records). I am also currently working on Party Promotions. I also want to try the Wedding and Mobile thing too. You may not spin full time EVERY WEEK but you may want to physically impact the music scene in your area somehow. View life from the other side of the decks somehow when spinning becomes boring or frustrating.

When Serato and Final Scratch came it changed the game. Right now is a weird time to be a DJ. Used to be the ultimate goal as a DJ was either to become a Billboard Reporter at the Hottest Club in your City or to become a hot mixer on the Radio or to travel Internationally to DJ.

Local cats like Hardy, DJ Shadow, and Cubicle (when he goes International with his travel- LOL) have achieved what used to be the goals in my time. That was "The Bar" back in the day.

My question for you young cats - what are the goals for a DJ now?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:34 AM - 30 June, 2008
The other thing that I want to say is after a while it becomes "harder" to recognize a "hit" when you are older.

When I first heard "Love In The Club" by Usher I thought it sounded like somebody kicked out the Midi cable when they were making the track, didn't think it would be a hit - pure filler garbage. Radio pounded it in my head and it kinda began to make sense but at first listen I just couldn't get with the beat. That song had me worried I had lost my "ear" after it became a hit- LOL.

Luckily, I can STILL recognize, relate, and appreciate music (good, bad, mindless and other) at my age. Lil Wayne may be "Hot Garbage" but I saw the way the Hoochies danced to Lollipop when I first played it and I love the Bass hits on A Milli. The Jay Z track Mr. Carter is sweet and the Robin Thicke cut is interesting.

The Internet is there to fill in gaps if I am not sure.
Caramac 10:05 AM - 30 June, 2008
I diagree. I don't think it's harder to recognise hits. It's just in this market you have to kind of wait to see if a tune has been promoted or not. It's a lot harder for a what I call ''Kareoke'' tune (anything with vocals that someone can sing along to) to become a hit without some major push. There are plenty of tunes I hear that I personally feel would be a hit and had they been released in yesteryears market then they may well be. It's just the industry has changed considerably and as a regular dj (as in someone who isn't a dj drama, green lantern, flex etc) our job to break music is a lot harder then it used to be.
DVDjHardy 12:42 PM - 30 June, 2008
Quote:

As you once told me Art...I want to be like you when I grow up! :)

*Ducks*
Caramac 12:59 PM - 30 June, 2008
Quote:
I think you're too old to be a DJ when you think everything out right now is bullshit and stay stuck in the 90's or whatever era you grew up with.

I can see why you say that but music nowadays is bullshit. Especially rap music. Age doesn't even come into it.
DVDjHardy 1:06 PM - 30 June, 2008
Quote:

On a serious note, my goal is just to improve in all aspects of DJing and everything else will take care of itself. I just try and compete with myself gig after gig. I have always been big about recording mixes on a regular basis and NOTHING has helped me get better more than that. I review all my live sets on Sundays and make a mental note of what I did well and what I should avoid next time. It also makes me not want to criticize other DJs when they make a technical mistake - although I'm harsh when it comes to song selection.

I also consider remixing a part of DJing and I feel like I have gotten better at that since I first started doing those about 4-5 years ago when it was always a simple A over B without too much thought going into it.

I think that constantly improving my DJ skills and also acting professional (aka not getting stupid drunk) at gigs has allowed me to get good residencies, good guest spots and in the last year I've been able to travelling gigs as well. I'm sticking to the game plan!
Logisticalstyles 3:58 PM - 30 June, 2008
Not too long ago an 'annonymous hater' called the number on my banner and left a long drunken message about how I'm too old to be spinning and how the bar needs to 'hire a young cat'. At first that got me thinking about being too old, but I'm only 33 and I know of people waaay older than me still going strong. Even if I did get 'too old' I would probably just start focusing on other aspects of DJing, like remixing and production.
MC Human 9:56 PM - 30 June, 2008
Quote:

My goals are: getting better, gaining skills and getting paid
I can't imagine it's all that much different from previous generations of DJs.
Dj CoJo aka YaMixtapeMajesty 10:06 PM - 30 June, 2008
Quote:
I think you're too old to be a DJ when you think everything out right now is bullshit and stay stuck in the 90's or whatever era you grew up with.

I like the Viewpoint on that! Even though I started DJing in 89' and do feel that the majority of HipHop today is wack, as a DJ we have to realize that playing to our crowds IS our job. Cats my age hit the club like once a month as opposed to everyweek like we used to in the 90's, so the Fresh 21's as I call um' ARE runnin' things and to be on point no matter your age you have to adapt. I hang with quite a few DJ's who are stuck in the past and won't play anything hiphop past say 1997-1998 we have great mix sessions but their club routines are stupid lazy!! For example, what kid born in the LATE 80's would even know or respect the B side remix to Redmans "Rated R" ??? He/She was like 5-6 at best when that dropped!!! So when I hear a DJ bust a true B-side Classic, I love it but the Lil ones all run for the bar!!! Kinda Sad in a way but reality none the less. Damn this is long but to revisit the topic, Neva too old to Spin!!! Maybe when I get arthritic with my scratches I may consider it....naw...I'll just take some of that Arthritis Tylenol Sh*t and keep it movin!! One Love!!
latindj 12:03 AM - 1 July, 2008
Quote:
ask latindj.

You BASTARD! I'm not even 40 yet....but I age like a fine wine and always get better with time. I won't stop until that inner drive is gone, and right now I feel like I'm just getting started. I don't have the "look" that some of you speak of but it hasn't stopped me from rocking many parties and getting plenty of compliments afterward. The beauty comes out in the music you play and how you're able to express and share that with your crowd. And sometimes that can take a lifetime to learn young grasshopper.
DJ d.range 2:22 AM - 1 July, 2008
Quote:

travel.
DJ Young Herrera 1:34 PM - 1 July, 2008
+1 travel and glory. haha.
Caramac 2:21 PM - 1 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

I like the Viewpoint on that! Even though I started DJing in 89' and do feel that the majority of HipHop today is wack, as a DJ we have to realize that playing to our crowds IS our job. Cats my age hit the club like once a month as opposed to everyweek like we used to in the 90's, so the Fresh 21's as I call um' ARE runnin' things and to be on point no matter your age you have to adapt. I hang with quite a few DJ's who are stuck in the past and won't play anything hiphop past say 1997-1998 we have great mix sessions but their club routines are stupid lazy!! For example, what kid born in the LATE 80's would even know or respect the B side remix to Redmans "Rated R" ??? He/She was like 5-6 at best when that dropped!!! So when I hear a DJ bust a true B-side Classic, I love it but the Lil ones all run for the bar!!! Kinda Sad in a way but reality none the less. Damn this is long but to revisit the topic, Neva too old to Spin!!! Maybe when I get arthritic with my scratches I may consider it....naw...I'll just take some of that Arthritis Tylenol Sh*t and keep it movin!! One Love!!

This sums up how I feel. I love my 90's stuff and nostalgia doesn't even come into it. Rap music today is shit compared to the 90's but i've had my day and my job is to entertain the people who come out to listen.
CMOS 6:40 PM - 1 July, 2008
Quote:

2 chicks at the same time.
DJ ThumpL 7:37 PM - 1 July, 2008
Quote:

Having my own live mix show on the radio. Going on different tours rocking crowds from all over. Becoming a house hold name. I have a long way to go, but it'll happen. Won't stop until it does.
DJ d.range 2:28 AM - 2 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

2 chicks at the same time.

+3some
Lionman 11:56 AM - 11 July, 2008
Quote:

en.wikipedia.org
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

He's wicked, I've seen him play a bunch of time's.
Lionman 11:58 AM - 11 July, 2008
Quote:

I just want to rock a crowd on a regular basis - I don't want any of that "Superstar DJ" bollocks, it's not about me, it's about what I'm playing.
sixxx 2:09 PM - 11 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

I just want to rock a crowd on a regular basis - I don't want any of that "Superstar DJ" bollocks, it's not about me, it's about what I'm playing.

For free of course... or a sandwich. lol

Loser.
Lionman 2:51 PM - 11 July, 2008
Loser? Really? I would've thought you would appreciate the whole "not being in it for the money" thing, what with your dislike of microwaves & all that.

I mean, I could go the route that quite a few of the people on this board have & get a regular gig playing records I hate for money (not hatin, just saying). But frankly I'd rather play the records I love & spent time searching for & experimenting with for free (...or maybe a sammich).

Yeah... a sammich, that'll work.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:58 PM - 11 July, 2008
Quote:

You have use words like "Marketing myself", "Re-inventing" or keeping the scene "alive".

Nothing wrong with doing it for the "Love" of music, just make sure you don't get fucked in the long run.

: )

respect...
Lionman 3:08 PM - 11 July, 2008
Quote:

You have use words like "Marketing myself", "Re-inventing" or keeping the scene "alive".

Errrrm... no. Actually, I never used any of those words. I'm not really sure what you're trying to say with that but... yeah, respect back 'atcha & all that.
DJ Young Herrera 3:41 PM - 11 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

Errrrm... no. Actually, I never used any of those words. I'm not really sure what you're trying to say with that but... yeah, respect back 'atcha & all that.

Yo Lionman, don't take these guys too serious. Except Sixxx, he always means exactly what you see written there. Raawwwr!
Lionman 3:58 PM - 11 July, 2008
Rawr indeed.

Nah it's cool, I've been lurking for a few weeks now, Sixxx likes to fuck with the noobs doesn't he - besides, it's the interweb innit, everyone chats shit.

Ducks back & all that.
sixxx 4:58 PM - 11 July, 2008
Quote:
Loser? Really? I would've thought you would appreciate the whole "not being in it for the money" thing, what with your dislike of microwaves & all that.

I mean, I could go the route that quite a few of the people on this board have & get a regular gig playing records I hate for money (not hatin, just saying). But frankly I'd rather play the records I love & spent time searching for & experimenting with for free (...or maybe a sammich).

Yeah... a sammich, that'll work.

There's a place and a time for everything. My passion is hip hop... the underground type. I've done plenty of underground hip hop shows for the love and nothing else. Either not get paid or broke even if I was fronting the money. That's what I asked for.

Now, if you're paying bullshit you don't like. You're following directions. You're essentially being a slave to the game... and you don't ask for $ as compensation, then you're in fact a loser. You're a pushover.

If you don't believe me, ask yourself. How many weddings are you willing to do for free? There's your answer.

I think you're just lying to yourself.
sixxx 5:23 PM - 11 July, 2008
Quote:
Yeah, it's kind of strange for me to get into this as (like I said before) I'm not in it for a career. I have a job I love & it pays well enough but that's not the point.

If I scored a regular gig I'd be less willing to play for sammiches but I play out once every few months so I don't feel the need top be paid for it - normally it's for friends/friends of friends etc in some capacity or another, but I've had a couple of random gigs that have been very well paid - I just saw a paycheck as a little icing on the cake y'know?

I dunno, it just seem like the same people who would jump ship when they realize that djing isn't all glamour are the same people who would expect to be getting mad paid straight away.

See? You're lying to yourself. It was just a matter of time before you came it out and said it yourself. :P
latindj 5:35 PM - 11 July, 2008
Will DJ for Sex! (no homo)
DJ Sniffles 5:46 PM - 11 July, 2008
Art is 1 year younger than my dad
DVDjHardy 6:04 PM - 11 July, 2008
Quote:
You dont have to say it again. It's cool to pull out a few tracks from time to time but as a DJ we have to keep up with the times and push what new shit we think is hot and your crowd thinks is hot.
Lionman 6:53 PM - 11 July, 2008
@Sixxx

I'm not doubting you're dedication to proper hip hop or the artform in any way but I don't really think I'm lying to myself. The truth is that because I don't have a regular gig I'm willing to play for free because I enjoy it. If I was playing every week to a crowd that wanted top 40 stuff or the Grease soundtrack I would want paying but despite being offered a few of those kind of gigs I've always turned them down. When I think about what djing is to me I don't even consider that side of things. It's not some super keep it real tip, I'd just rather not do them.

I'm not a working dj so getting paid just isn't something I think about. I don't hassle people to give me gigs so I never even considered that people are getting their residencies stolen from under them.

I think we're just coming from very different places. You're a working dj right? So I get why you'd expect to be paid (and I never said you shouldn't). But for those of us who aren't or who are trying to break into it I don't see why offering to play for free is such a big deal, it's like people who are trying to get into any type of showbiz, you're just expected to work for free at first.

In answer to your question about weddings though... I've actually played 3 weddings for free & have another one next month! But in all fairness they've been mates of mine so I know their tastes & been allowed to get away with a lot of "good" music & only been forced to play stuff that's more guilty pleasures than just shitty. Kind of like my wedding gift to them y'know? I don't think I'd do weddings of people I didn't know even if they were paying me but I get your point.

Phew, that became a bit of an essay. Anyhoo, not looking for drama, it's just my two cents.
sixxx 7:06 PM - 11 July, 2008
DJing free of charge for friends and family is a given. The fact that you've said,

Quote:
If I was playing every week to a crowd that wanted top 40 stuff or the Grease soundtrack I would want paying but despite being offered a few of those kind of gigs I've always turned them down.

which reaffirms the fact that you have your limits and you wouldn't always play for free. There's nothing wrong with being choosy about gigs. I do it all the time. I used to do a lot of mobile gigs, I choose not to anymore unless it's for someone I've done business with before or their selection of music is appealing to me as well.

Same with clubs. I choose the gigs I play. They don't choose me.
sixxx 7:09 PM - 11 July, 2008
Oh yeah, I forgot to make another point.

Quote:
But for those of us who aren't or who are trying to break into it I don't see why offering to play for free is such a big deal, it's like people who are trying to get into any type of showbiz, you're just expected to work for free at first.

This shows a goal for most people. If you're willing to work for free at the beginning is only with a purpose. That purpose being gaining experience, networking, etc. Now, if you really played for free no matter what, then that's another big issue.
kid90nz 7:29 PM - 11 July, 2008
Now for my 2c,

As far as payment for services rendered, I've always had a sliding scale (but then, I've never really had a solid residency anywhere). If it's a gig for someone I don't know, I ask for my higher standard rate. If I like you, I'll play for less money (but you had better hook me up with some goodies, narm sane?), a good example of this is coming up in a couple of months- a friend is bringing Blackalicious to NZ, I'm playing for half what I would normally but I'm playing out of my usual genre and it's a great chance to get my name back out there. And it's the night after my birthday!

Which brings me to my second point: I'm turning 30 soon. I've recently met a young D'n'B crew that put on a weekly and so far I haven't felt ridiculously old. Sometimes when the wife and I head out to a gig though, now that's a different story. NZ has a +18 drinking law, so clubs are full of (from my point of view) little kids. I don't think it's the age difference that really gets me, it's more about a culture difference. I got into dance music when it had it's own culture- no-one drank, people danced all night and you went to gigs purely for the music. These days every gig is full of drunk little punks with no concept of personal space or respect for the DJ/music. Little shits that stand in the middle of the dancefloor and try to have conversation! WTF! Isn't that what the bar area is for? F@#k off!!! Let me dance in peace!

Maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age. Think I'll change my DJ name to DJ Grumpy Ol'Man.
Lionman 12:15 AM - 12 July, 2008
You're absolutely right, I wouldn't play those gigs for free. I wouldn't play them at all. It's fine if people do want those gigs, power to them but it's just not for me.

As for your second point - That's the level I'm at, most of my mixing is done at home, I make tapes for my friends & play out now & then at a few bars that I know the managers of & mates house parties. I can't say I'd always play for free & to be perfectly honest I probably wouldn't but like I said, I'm not in this for a career & at this point I'm perfectly happy to play for free/treats/sexual favours.

But that's me I guess.
sixxx 12:16 AM - 12 July, 2008
lol @ sexual favors. hahahahahaha
Lionman 12:20 AM - 12 July, 2008
No shit, some girl totally out out for me in return for playing her housewarming! Probably the best piece of ass I ever got/will ever get.
Lionman 12:20 AM - 12 July, 2008
*put.

It's late here & I'm stoned.
sixxx 12:27 AM - 12 July, 2008
Did you give you the gift the keeps on giving too? (yes herpes) hahahaha
Lionman 12:28 AM - 12 July, 2008
Hahaha, no. I'm selfish like that.
sixxx 12:31 AM - 12 July, 2008
Oh shit. That didn't make sense. I meant to say did SHE give you.

And I'm not stoned. hahaha
latindj 1:03 AM - 12 July, 2008
^ur high on nopales! lol
DJ-A 3:25 PM - 16 July, 2008
Quote:
No shit, some girl totally out out for me in return for playing her housewarming! Probably the best piece of ass I ever got/will ever get.

I always have to have something other than memories... *no STD's*
DJ Sherm 6:07 PM - 22 July, 2008
Quote:

Word. Me too man.
DJBlisk 8:39 PM - 22 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

Word. Me too man.

you guys are crazy. I want to be a superstar dj, make mad dolo, rock crowds, and fuck models.
Lionman 9:55 PM - 22 July, 2008
^^^^^^^^^^

Hahahaha. Touche
sixxx 10:29 PM - 22 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Word. Me too man.

you guys are crazy. I want to be a superstar dj, make mad dolo, rock crowds, and fuck models.

Well, you better learn how to mix then.... Oh wait. You don't need that to be a superstar.
DJBlisk 1:06 PM - 23 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Word. Me too man.

Well, you better learn how to mix then.... Oh wait. You don't need that to be a superstar.

or fuck models or make mad dolo.
sopranosupasta 1:09 PM - 23 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Word. Me too man.

or fuck models or make mad dolo.

what good is all the fame if you aint fuckin a model?
DJ LTIZZZLE 1:38 PM - 23 July, 2008
Lil Wayne "First we pop bottles.. Pour it on the Models. Shut bitch Swallow"
latindj 4:13 PM - 23 July, 2008
Quote:

I fucked a model once.....then security kicked me out of Sears and told me to lay off the manequins...
Caramac 4:36 PM - 23 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

I fucked a model once.....then security kicked me out of Sears and told me to lay off the manequins...

Ha ha ha. Lol.
sixxx 4:38 PM - 23 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

I fucked a model once.....then security kicked me out of Sears and told me to lay off the male manequins...

Bwahahahaha!!! :P
bourbonstmc 5:11 PM - 23 July, 2008
Never fucked a model, but I've nailed tons of strippers...
sopranosupasta 5:59 PM - 23 July, 2008
I've got a couple model notches in my belt, and to be honest, besides the undeniable hotness. its really nuthin special. a couple were real dead fish if ya know what i mean.
DJ-A 7:57 PM - 23 July, 2008
Strippers > models
tig ol' bitties 8:00 PM - 23 July, 2008
most of the time, hot girls cover up their lack of personality and intelligence with looks...

They are ok to look at but past that theres not much too em.
DJBlisk 8:21 PM - 23 July, 2008
thats why I don't look past that.
DJ-A 8:38 PM - 23 July, 2008
i pissed a chick off big time when i told her that she wasnt any good in bed cause she just layed there.

so after she got mad i figured i'd piss her off more and say its just like humping a pillow with boobs...

she said well at least its a pillow with big boobs...

i corrected her and said no, its a pillow with average boobs, but at least they're not saggy...
DJ d.range 1:48 AM - 24 July, 2008
Quote:
Strippers > models

+100 singles
Caramac 9:30 AM - 24 July, 2008
Quote:
i pissed a chick off big time when i told her that she wasnt any good in bed cause she just layed there.

so after she got mad i figured i'd piss her off more and say its just like humping a pillow with boobs...

she said well at least its a pillow with big boobs...

i corrected her and said no, its a pillow with average boobs, but at least they're not saggy...

Smmoth. Lol.
john blaze 4:22 PM - 24 July, 2008
Quote:
I've got a couple model notches in my belt, and to be honest, besides the undeniable hotness. its really nuthin special. a couple were real dead fish if ya know what i mean.

+1
+1 for too much drama
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user_2.0 7:20 AM - 27 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

jus becarfool of splintars
j cue 6:48 PM - 28 July, 2008
Quote:

ok,, there it is then,, who wants to buy my 57??
sixxx 6:54 PM - 28 July, 2008
Hahahahaha
DJ ThumpL 11:58 AM - 29 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

ok,, there it is then,, who wants to buy my 57??

lmao guess I gotta visit ebay
cappinkirk 10:55 PM - 29 July, 2008
You're never too old to dj at a retirement community
DJ LTIZZZLE 8:04 AM - 30 July, 2008
You're too old to dj when 48 font ain't big enough LOL
Caramac 9:53 AM - 30 July, 2008
Lol.

You're too old to dj when you bend over to read the laptop screen and can't get back up again.
DJ LTIZZZLE 10:35 AM - 30 July, 2008
You're too old to Dj when you think Flashlight is the new Krunkness.

You're too old too Dj when you ask Serato to make the Wave forms in Brail cause you can't see the bright colors.
Caramac 10:41 AM - 30 July, 2008
Lol @ the brail.
Caramac 10:51 AM - 30 July, 2008
You're too old to DJ when you think the smoke machine is on but you realise it's your cataracts.
sixxx 12:56 PM - 30 July, 2008
Hahahaha!

You're too old to DJ, when.....

*forgets what he was gonna type*

:P
Caramac 1:10 PM - 30 July, 2008
You're too old to dj when you make a thread asking for a 78rpm setting in the future features sections.
sixxx 1:36 PM - 30 July, 2008
You're too old to DJ when you count beats with your pacemaker.
cappinkirk 2:32 PM - 30 July, 2008
you're too old to dj when you gotta use "Scratch Dead"
sixxx 3:03 PM - 30 July, 2008
bwahahaha!

You're too old to DJ when you only scratch your head.
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user_2.0 11:36 PM - 30 July, 2008
Quote:
bwahahaha!

You're too old to DJ when you only scratch your head.
or notez
DJ d.range 8:45 PM - 31 July, 2008
LOL
I like the turn this thread took...
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user_2.0 3:20 AM - 1 August, 2008
Quote:
You're too old to DJ when you think the smoke machine is on but you realise it's your cataracts.

das brailient
sixxx 3:23 AM - 1 August, 2008
You're to old to DJ when you go by DJ Grandpa.
kid90nz 4:03 AM - 1 August, 2008
You're too old to DJ when you start using your Zimmer frame as a laptop stand
latindj 4:52 AM - 1 August, 2008
You're too old to DJ when you someone asks you to "spin on the wheels of steel" and you pull your wheelchair out...
sixxx 5:42 AM - 1 August, 2008
hahahaha

You're too old when your hit music is Big Band!