Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

marking control vinyl

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL2
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
holler2me 11:27 PM - 22 January, 2013
Is there a way to mark the control vinyl at 12 o' clock like you do with real vinyl? If so, would someone please provide me with instructions on how. Thanks.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:51 PM - 23 January, 2013
Do you use ABS or REL mode?
XxDolo MightxX 3:03 PM - 24 January, 2013
Watchm.youtube.com

Should tell u what u r looking for.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:40 PM - 24 January, 2013
Thanks XxDolo MightxX!
XxDolo MightxX 7:00 PM - 24 January, 2013
Not an issue
holler2me 3:13 AM - 25 January, 2013
Thanks I saw that video already and I tried it but it didn't seem to work. Does it only work in ABS mode? Do most people even mark their control vinyl anyway?
XxDolo MightxX 10:04 AM - 25 January, 2013
When in ABS it functions just like a regular vinyl record that's what the starting point in the video means like the start of a vinyl record. In REL there is no true start point because u can add or change a song it plays immediately no matter where the needle sits. Also u can hot cue and loop specific points in a song u have selected. I've spent maybe 10 mins in 2 years in ABS so its not super important depending on u. But u only need to do it, once might as well do it right. I usually add a second sticker at the bottom at the point where it goes to INT so I can kinda forget about it. But that's just me I don't think most people do that
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:31 PM - 25 January, 2013
REL mode is probably the better mode to run, in this mode you can literally put the Marker anywhere on the Record. You can always move the record until the marker is where you want it and then set the needle down on the record. That should do it.
holler2me 2:15 AM - 27 January, 2013
Thank you.