Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

IF YOU MOVED TO A NEW CITY TO DJ, WHERE WOULD U GO?

DEEJAY O 9:03 PM - 23 June, 2008
considering 'the grass is always greener' let's see where the spots you guys would choose to relocate are and why you chose them.....

i've already done scottsdale and orange county.....my next move to pursue dj'ing opportunity would be vegas or the bay (in that order). i dont plan on moving at all at this time, but hypothetically speaking thats what it would be for me.....
sixxx 9:06 PM - 23 June, 2008
I would move to Hawaii.
Audio1 9:15 PM - 23 June, 2008
Id say THE SF BAY AREA (but I already live here)

For me:
Denver, Colorado
Portland, Oregon

I chose Denver & Portland because they have relatively small but incredibly vibrant club scenes and are hella open to out of town cats who want to elevate the local game. Ive had the best time playing at both these towns + they are nice areas to move to outside of DJing.
DJ Young Herrera 9:20 PM - 23 June, 2008
I would go to Southbeach at this point in my life.
CQuence 9:23 PM - 23 June, 2008
I would move back to the Bay and grind a lot harder than the 1st time I lived out there. O, do the butterfly
Audio1 9:25 PM - 23 June, 2008
Time to move up foolio...
CQuence 9:27 PM - 23 June, 2008
Yea the lease is up next month, need to find a job
djpuma_gemini 9:29 PM - 23 June, 2008
Seattle, wait, I am going there. Id move back to LA. naaaaah
iRockCrowds 9:43 PM - 23 June, 2008
moving to a new place where u dont know anyone SUCKS. TRUST ME. It makes djing alot harder cause u have ZERO connects
DEEJAY O 9:50 PM - 23 June, 2008
Quote:
moving to a new place where u dont know anyone SUCKS. TRUST ME. It makes djing alot harder cause u have ZERO connects

where u at now?
dirtbag filthy 9:50 PM - 23 June, 2008
yeah i did this moving from nyc to orange county

pay drop with no connects is no fun but you can't beat the weather...if i moved somewhere else it would be hawaii, costa rica, or australia
DEEJAY O 9:51 PM - 23 June, 2008
Quote:
I would move back to the Bay and grind a lot harder than the 1st time I lived out there. O, do the butterfly

CQ.....u know i gots that buttafly and tootsie roll sew'd up!! stop wakin up on the floor in bootleg rappers' hotel rooms tho!!!
CQuence 10:39 PM - 23 June, 2008
Better than wakin up in the bed of the bootleg rappers bootleg hypeman
j cue 5:07 AM - 28 June, 2008
as im out east,for me it would have to be somewhere like tokyo. i hear nothin but good shit about that place,, so thats my next move,, as soon as i make the apropriate connections
dj_penguin 7:19 AM - 28 June, 2008
Portland or San Francisco
DJ Evil One 8:15 AM - 28 June, 2008
whatever any of you do, don't move to portland. the ceiling on DJ pay out there is low. the liquor commission is oppressive, and the club owners don't give a flying fuck about DJs.

one of the main reasons i'm looking at SF, SD and LA.
DJ Jonasty 1:07 PM - 28 June, 2008
I'm in Colorado and the scene is great, and people love hearing new DJ's. I"ve got great connects here and gigs every weekend, but am moving to Melb. Australia for a couple of years. I have a nice base there, but not much in the DJ world. I'll let yall knows how it turns out.

Audio 1 is correct about Denver... It's like an untapped goldmine.
djmarvel 2:26 PM - 28 June, 2008
Quote:
I'm in Colorado and the scene is great, and people love hearing new DJ's. I"ve got great connects here and gigs every weekend, but am moving to Melb. Australia for a couple of years. I have a nice base there, but not much in the DJ world. I'll let yall knows how it turns out.

Audio 1 is correct about Denver... It's like an untapped goldmine.

i was wanting to move to denver, im sick of dallas. my girl wants to go live in vegas but she might be going to puerto rico so denver might be an option for me.
DJ Jonasty 1:45 PM - 29 June, 2008
I've lived in Vegas, it can be hard times there.
Martin McFly 9:09 PM - 29 June, 2008
1. San Francisco
2. Chicago
3. Miami
4. DC
5. NY
6. Denver

The last four on are on my hit list for this year.
sopranosupasta 3:06 AM - 30 June, 2008
I'd have to say
LA
Miami
Negril, Jamiaca
DJ Evil One 4:47 AM - 30 June, 2008
after my latest trip...i have to say honolulu, hi. fucking ill.
DJ Sniffles 4:59 AM - 30 June, 2008
Seoul, KR. They pay big money for American DJs even if they suck. Also, hardly any of the DJs there mix
deejay barber 5:44 AM - 30 June, 2008
Quote:
Seoul, KR. They pay big money for American DJs even if they suck. Also, hardly any of the DJs there mix

I've actually heard this too, my boy G sqared gigged out there and said the same shit as Sniffles, maybe your not as full of shit as I had thought! lol
kalibhakta 9:40 AM - 30 June, 2008
Sometime within the next year I am moving to Calcutta, India (my favorite city!) and I plan on staying for 3-5 years. I know getting gigs there for me will be easy.
DJ Autograph 11:53 AM - 30 June, 2008
Quote:
I'd have to say
LA
Miami
Negril, Jamiaca

Back home to Kingston Jamaica. Still have a few connects there and if you are half decent you can make a pretty good living djing. The only thing that would blow is paying for "specials" which can be very pricy. Soprano knows what i'm talking about....
Caramac 1:15 PM - 30 June, 2008
I've always wanted to dj in Jamaica. I've told the missus next time I go. I'm bringing the 05, serato and the mac and I'm looking to tear it down.

She flat out said no as I play too much gun man music. Lol.
sopranosupasta 1:29 PM - 30 June, 2008
haha.....bullet bullet!!!
sopranosupasta 1:30 PM - 30 June, 2008
I LOVE spinning in JA........
Caramac 1:53 PM - 30 June, 2008
Lol. I told her brother I dj'd and he was like where are your cds. We have a dance in Jungle you can spin at. She just came interrupted and said no no no. Lol.
DJ Autograph 1:54 PM - 30 June, 2008
Yea you probably don't want to do that lol. would NEVER even attempt to spin there.
sopranosupasta 1:56 PM - 30 June, 2008
lol....the jungle gets crazy man...... I spun a "da ville"(margaritaville) and I did a party over at Bar B Barn...that was crazy enough for me......

I got pretty good pics of the party i did @ the ville on my myspace
Caramac 2:09 PM - 30 June, 2008
Lol next time I go. I'm hustling for a spot out there.

Soprano? Did you spin a strictly bashment set or more hip hop?
sopranosupasta 2:12 PM - 30 June, 2008
I played everything.... it was spring break time, so it flew.... I did SLAY the locals with some Marley house remixes though...

the place was pretty nuts... I got a couple bullets....lol
Caramac 2:18 PM - 30 June, 2008
Lol. bullet bullet bullet.
DJ Autograph 2:21 PM - 30 June, 2008
yea in jungle you get the reall bullet bullet bullet.hahah
sopranosupasta 2:40 PM - 30 June, 2008
Quote:

thats what i meant. i got some real bullets at da ville.....it was crazy, cause i never knew they did that before...until my boy told me that its a good thing when they start shootin...lol
DJ Autograph 2:50 PM - 30 June, 2008
Really? At the one in Negril? I would expect that more in Montego Bay....
sopranosupasta 2:52 PM - 30 June, 2008
yeah, negril.... it wasnt all night. if i remember correctly it was twice... lol
sopranosupasta 2:53 PM - 30 June, 2008
my boy is all over both of those joints. lol....you know DJ Shinehead? he's one of my really good friends down there.....

man i love that place.. all this talk makes me wanna go back right now!!!
DJ Young Herrera 3:17 PM - 30 June, 2008
Shinehead? The one that did Jamaican in New York?
sopranosupasta 3:23 PM - 30 June, 2008
no, thats the artist Shinehead. my friend is DJ Shinehead. Irie Fm.......
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user 3:39 PM - 30 June, 2008
link? song for bullit bullit youre'sTube on it thanx
DJ Autograph 3:40 PM - 30 June, 2008
Yea i've met Shinehead a couple of times. My boy also DJ's in the one in Montego Bay. You know Nico?
sopranosupasta 3:49 PM - 30 June, 2008
hmm, nico? I dunno... only a few people down there i know by name, Shinehead. Iwayne Red Rat, Cash Money(straight street hustler), rick (local jewler) and Norm over at Bar B Barn.....
sopranosupasta 3:51 PM - 30 June, 2008
Quote:
link? song for bullit bullit youre'sTube on it thanx

link for the song i played when i got the bullet?

It was a micheal gray remix of could you be loved i think....it was a long time ago. so i dont really remember.
sopranosupasta 3:52 PM - 30 June, 2008
Caramac 5:15 PM - 30 June, 2008
Everytime I hear the name Red Rat it reminds me of college. I used to have braids back then and everyone thought I was him when I was out and about. Lol.
Martin McFly 5:47 PM - 30 June, 2008
Red Rat is that dude. "Dwayne" and "Tight Up Skirt" are the shit. Ohhh no!!!!!
Caramac 5:52 PM - 30 June, 2008
Lol. That's what everyone used to say to me in college.

ohhh noo. Lol.
sixxx 5:52 PM - 30 June, 2008
You for got the second part.....

Ohhh noo... here it comes. *people vanish*
sopranosupasta 5:54 PM - 30 June, 2008
lmao...sixxx......his tracks actually work well for me over here on the east coast.
sopranosupasta 5:55 PM - 30 June, 2008
new stuff though.... like shake that booty that he did over the tempature riddim
DEEJAY O 7:12 PM - 30 June, 2008
SHABBA!!!!
cappinkirk 7:39 PM - 30 June, 2008
i''l be the first dj to spin on the moon bitches
stevie o 7:43 PM - 30 June, 2008
my dream is to have dj in vegas. ( residency or warm up guy.) I only want a few hundred and a suite.
alternative choices would be in Miami, maybe warm up for oscar g. Or be stevie b's dj haha
and finally a cancun gig in the summer at la boom or fat Tuesdays. Fuck a skribbles .
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user 8:27 PM - 30 June, 2008
Quote:
i''l be the first dj to spin on the moon bitches
u shood also play at Uranis fun times too
djmarvel 8:46 PM - 30 June, 2008
Quote:
my dream is to have dj in vegas. ( residency or warm up guy.) I only want a few hundred and a suite.
alternative choices would be in Miami, maybe warm up for oscar g. Or be stevie b's dj haha
and finally a cancun gig in the summer at la boom or fat Tuesdays. Fuck a skribbles .

if you guest dj in vegas they can afford more then a few hundred
stevie o 9:15 PM - 30 June, 2008
well I didn't want to be greedy. Like I said it was just a dream/ goal of mine.
dj cubicle 12:36 AM - 1 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

thats what i meant. i got some real bullets at da ville.....it was crazy, cause i never knew they did that before...until my boy told me that its a good thing when they start shootin...lol

...real as in REAL???
sopranosupasta 1:21 AM - 1 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

...real as in REAL???

yeah, real as in they pull out their guns and start shooting in the air.... thats how they show appreciation for a song.
dj_craigmac 1:27 AM - 1 July, 2008
Quote:
whatever any of you do, don't move to portland. the ceiling on DJ pay out there is low. the liquor commission is oppressive, and the club owners don't give a flying fuck about DJs.

one of the main reasons i'm looking at SF, SD and LA.

San Diego is over populated with DJ's, but its agreat place to live
DEEJAY O 1:47 AM - 1 July, 2008
when i appreciate a song, i shoot the dj!! thats the ultimate respect!! buck, buck, buck!!!!
sopranosupasta 1:48 AM - 1 July, 2008
Quote:
when i appreciate a song, i shoot the dj!! thats the ultimate respect!! buck, buck, buck!!!!

lmao
stevie o 2:59 AM - 1 July, 2008
hahaha. That's how DJs become martyrs in the middle eastern communties. Or they play a hot joint and commit a suicide bombing.
Disclaimer to all middle easterners or any one sensitive to their feelings.... That was a joke.
kalibhakta 5:25 AM - 1 July, 2008
Someone should issue a Fatwa against you stevie o.
stevie o 10:03 AM - 1 July, 2008
ha bring it
bourbonstmc 3:07 PM - 1 July, 2008
Quote:
new stuff though.... like shake that booty that he did over the tempature riddim

Temperature = Applause Riddim
sopranosupasta 3:13 PM - 1 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

Temperature = Applause Riddim

correct-e-mundo!
bourbonstmc 4:04 PM - 1 July, 2008
What do I win?
sopranosupasta 5:46 PM - 1 July, 2008
a round of.......applause
Steve Dub. 5:56 PM - 1 July, 2008
Your dream should be to be a HEADLINER in Vegas, not an opener!!!
stevie o 6:13 PM - 1 July, 2008
I said residency or opener. Obviously I would rather a residency but if I opened than I'm sure I could work my way in.
DEEJAY O 6:16 PM - 1 July, 2008
my dream is that one day somebody i know will know somebody who has played somewhere
DVDjHardy 6:39 PM - 1 July, 2008
Hello Deejay O!

/Deejay O's dream.
sG 9:30 PM - 1 July, 2008
Scottsdale
DJ d.range 7:07 AM - 2 July, 2008
brooklyn
Panic City 8:14 AM - 2 July, 2008
LAS FUCKING VEGAS
stevie o 4:05 PM - 2 July, 2008
brooklyn haha...
shiestO! 10:36 PM - 2 July, 2008
tokyo? i want to bring hard techfunk drum and bass to the japanese.
DJ Sniffles 6:30 AM - 3 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

I've actually heard this too, my boy G sqared gigged out there and said the same shit as Sniffles, maybe your not as full of shit as I had thought! lol

What's that suppose to mean?
deejay barber 12:01 PM - 3 July, 2008
took you long enough! lol I'm just busting your balls
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user 12:58 PM - 3 July, 2008
Quote:
you's sooo long! lol I'm just wanksta bursting your balls
soundz alike u wansta deejauy in Uranus guud time
sopranosupasta 2:08 PM - 3 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
you's sooo long! lol I'm just wanksta bursting your balls
soundz alike u wansta deejauy in Uranus guud time

LMAO!

Barberi got misquoted by soon 2 be!!!
DJBlisk 3:58 PM - 3 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What's that suppose to mean?

that means you aren't regular.
DJ Sniffles 6:59 PM - 3 July, 2008
what is regular
andrew b 10:04 PM - 5 July, 2008
shitting everyday at the same time
andrew b 10:04 PM - 5 July, 2008
what up dj o !!! come back to vegas!!
DEEJAY O 9:05 PM - 8 July, 2008
Quote:
what up dj o !!! come back to vegas!!

the legend that is ANDREW B!! im comin back fa sho!! actually prob in 2 weeks at the palms.... how did PRESTO do in that battle after it was all said and done?
andrew b 2:51 AM - 9 July, 2008
he won and he didn't take their residency, becuase his residency at body english would conflict. hehe
latindj 6:01 AM - 9 July, 2008
I'd go dj in Alaska. Can you imagine all hard niplets at the club....and them eskimoe pies are damn good too! :)
mobius909 6:09 AM - 9 July, 2008
Quote:
1. San Francisco
2. Chicago
3. Miami
4. DC
5. NY
6. Denver

The last four on are on my hit list for this year.

the scene in chicago is miniature compared to what it used to be. depends what you want to spin. if you are going for house, good luck with that. I just came from there.
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user 12:28 AM - 10 July, 2008
Quote:
I'd go dj in Alaska. Can you imagine all hard niplets at the club....and them eskimoe pies are damn good too! :)

i hurd is mustly guys thar, so u likey tha nipplets on dude boobs?
latindj 1:46 AM - 10 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

i hurd is mustly gays thar, so u likey tha girls nipplets and I'll tek on dude booty?

ugh, sure fs2...
DJ Sniffles 1:49 AM - 10 July, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i hurd is mustly gays thar, so u likey tha girls nipplets and I'll tek on dude booty?

ugh, sure me2...

Damn latin, all in his kool-aid
sopranosupasta 1:50 AM - 10 July, 2008
VEGAS!

More than half of your message contains capital letters. To many forum users, this means you are SHOUTING your message, and is considered to be bad forum etiquette. Please consider editing your message so that there are fewer capital letters
DVDjHardy 1:51 AM - 10 July, 2008
Ypsilanti.
smutek 3:39 AM - 10 July, 2008
antwerp, berlin, or montreal