Yes! Its about time!
MRNICEATL 2:05 AM - 25 January, 2013
~Nice
Cesar 2:08 AM - 25 January, 2013
Even the toys get Serato DJ. Nice!
2.Um.@.X 2:10 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Even the toys get Serato DJ. Nice!

That is right! How can a kid become a man? He needs to follow the footsteps of his father. From Serato DJ Intro to Serato DJ! :D
Jam-Master Jake 2:12 AM - 25 January, 2013
Nicely played, Serato. Get that new DJ software out there to as many controller platforms as you possibly can! And THEN, start to up the ante on it and build your customer base!
alh61266 2:25 AM - 25 January, 2013
i guess i will keep mine now.
Chinshue 2:30 AM - 25 January, 2013
when would be the exact release date for the mixtrack pro II. i can't wait to get my hands on it.
DJ_Gonzo 2:34 AM - 25 January, 2013
I wanna learn more about the Numark NS7 II. ;-)

I have the Numark NS7FX and love this controller....but I am digging the new features of the NS7 II.

If you've all not heard....here you go:

www.inmusicbrands.com
ninjagaijin 2:38 AM - 25 January, 2013
More interested in you fixing Serato Scratch Live 2.4.3 with all the huge bugs.
ninjagaijin 2:39 AM - 25 January, 2013
Not much point releasing new controllers when your software crashes when you have a CD inserted... little alone the many other issues introduced post 2.4.x.

2.2 still for me.
Chinshue 2:43 AM - 25 January, 2013
i am an owner of the ns7 and it's a great controller. the new version of the ns7 adds more greatness to it. wish i could upgrade my ns7 to it but it's too expensive. $1500.
d.j.boogie 2:55 AM - 25 January, 2013
if it isn't turntables it isn't shit
DJ_Gonzo 2:56 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
i am an owner of the ns7 and it's a great controller. the new version of the ns7 adds more greatness to it. wish i could upgrade my ns7 to it but it's too expensive. $1500.

Doh!
DJ_Gonzo 2:58 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:

I use customized Technics as well....but I don't like to take them out anymore these days. I get too worried about damaging them. I will rarely take them to events these days, but I spin quite a bit on them with a Rane TTM 57SL for my LIVE Streaming Mix Shows.

I have been DJing with turntables since the mid-80s and I would never down anyone for not using turntables. I recommend DJs using the tools that they feel works best for them.

To that...I say.... Keep 'em spinnin'!
serkan 3:01 AM - 25 January, 2013
So these new toys get it even earlier than the ITCH users? Come on, Serato!
Chinshue 3:04 AM - 25 January, 2013
i
Quote:

i totally agree with you. i have two itch controllers and they are itching to use the serato dj. i find it unfair that itch users have to wait so long for the upgrade, have spent more money on these controllers.
dj bee black 3:35 AM - 25 January, 2013
Never really was a fan of controllers. I'm a 1200 man myself ya heard.
DJ Stoyvo 3:52 AM - 25 January, 2013
So how does this benefit me as a professional DJ who uses your timecode vinyl? Or did you forget about those customers?
DJSi UK 3:54 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Not much point releasing new controllers when your software crashes when you have a CD inserted... little alone the many other issues introduced post 2.4.x.

2.2 still for me.

+ 1 and still waiting!!
2.Um.@.X 3:56 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
So how does this benefit me as a professional DJ who uses your timecode vinyl? Or did you forget about those customers?

Good question. You already have the experience and knowledge. Does that mean you have to deprive those who do not have the luxary to buy a cheap controller and use a professional software in order to learn what PRO DJs know?
paulhannon 4:06 AM - 25 January, 2013
More crap for wannabe DJs to buy
dj.Polo12 4:49 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

2.2 still for me.

+ 1 and still waiting!!

Now 3!!!
DJ Smileyy 4:53 AM - 25 January, 2013
So whatever happened to the bridge?.... Remember when that was gonna be a cool feature, with UPDATES *cough*. I kinda feel like Serato has been leaving SSL users out in the cold here for a while.
Yobo4 5:00 AM - 25 January, 2013
I have the NS7 and a pair of TTX. The NS7 II reminds me of the Pioneer DDJ-SX and cost less at $1,000. If the NS7 II is heavy as the NS7, I would rather get the Pioneer at a lower cost for the lighter weight and has all the features.
Tbone11 6:25 AM - 25 January, 2013
Love your products but Lets fix scratch live first. How about taking care of the guys that have been using your product for years. The latest version crashes all the time!
DJ.Tyme 6:35 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:

2.2 still for me.

+1
DJ.Tyme 6:36 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I use customized Technics as well....but I don't like to take them out anymore these days. I get too worried about damaging them. I will rarely take them to events these days, but I spin quite a bit on them with a Rane TTM 57SL for my LIVE Streaming Mix Shows.

I have been DJing with turntables since the mid-80s and I would never down anyone for not using turntables. I recommend DJs using the tools that they feel works best for them.

+1
DJ.Tyme 6:37 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
i
Quote:

i totally agree with you. i have two itch controllers and they are itching to use the serato dj. i find it unfair that itch users have to wait so long for the upgrade, have spent more money on these controllers.

Quote:
i
Quote:

Quote:
i
Quote:

+1
DJ Batch 6:55 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:

I would never down anyone for not using turntables. I recommend DJs using the tools that they feel works best for them.

DJ's dj music.... not formats...
wma files on in tro 7:10 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
i
Quote:

+1 still waiting for upgrade for the ddj s1 also
minnesotadj1 7:11 AM - 25 January, 2013
Isotop for Scratch Live? When is that going to happen? Come on now. Scratch Live needs the same type of upgrade as Serato DJ. I am so far interested in getting a controller for Serato DJ for mobile and short notice gigs but, I am still rockin my Technics 1200s.

I was really hoping there would be some light on a SSL update at NAMM 2013 since the DDJ-SX and Serato DJ was introduced last fall.
Jerry.Z. 7:22 AM - 25 January, 2013
Damn I just got the Mix Track Pro back in Oct, 2012
2.0 7:23 AM - 25 January, 2013
Where is new ScratchLive??? :(((
With midi out, unlimited loops and cues :(
VCI 380 Itch user 7:38 AM - 25 January, 2013
I'm using NI Traktor now with vci 380 mappings for the moment. Too many bugs to use ITCH and by the sounds of it Serato DJ to trust it. Frequent crashes, audio drop outs and database corruptions.

What's happened to your once bulletproof product that I used to know with SSL?

Try Traktor, free trial available, it's a different world of fun.
will22 7:41 AM - 25 January, 2013
Are you listening to your customers serato ??
N.Dee. Rick 7:48 AM - 25 January, 2013
Traktor I am coming...
again no midi-out or stuff we really need, I see no progress and I am very disapointed though I am a SSL user since years!
Go ahead with this kid stuff controllers, but you really miss the chance to satisfy your "old" customers who supported and recommended SSL since years.
2.0 7:51 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Traktor I am coming...
again no midi-out or stuff we really need, I see no progress and I am very disapointed though I am a SSL user since years!
Go ahead with this kid stuff controllers, but you really miss the chance to satisfy your "old" customers who supported and recommended SSL since years.

+1 :(
AdamB_UK 7:57 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
I'm using NI Traktor now with vci 380 mappings for the moment. Too many bugs to use ITCH and by the sounds of it Serato DJ to trust it. Frequent crashes, audio drop outs and database corruptions.

What's happened to your once bulletproof product that I used to know with SSL?

Try Traktor, free trial available, it's a different world of fun.

I'm doing the SAME. Was using NS7 on Itch 1.7.x with no issues but was forced to update Itch to 2.2.2 when I got a VCI-380 -all i can say is that Itch 2.2.2 is broken. Audio dropouts and regular crashes on wintel and mac. I'm using Traktor too for now. At least it doesnt fall over every few minutes...
gilmedel 7:59 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:

Depends on what kind of music you play, experience with music and DJ equipement, to say you need two technics is like saying you need a 32" CRT to watch a good TV. You can do the same thing and more on a new wego than 1200's just different technique not better or worse just different.
auttomattik 8:44 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
I would never down anyone for not using turntables. I recommend DJs using the tools that they feel works best for them.

Quote:
Quote:

Depends on what kind of music you play, experience with music and DJ equipement, to say you need two technics is like saying you need a 32" CRT to watch a good TV. You can do the same thing and more on a new wego than 1200's just different technique not better or worse just different.

The type of shit that "dudes who rock controllers" say.

They still can't duplicate 1200's and these new toys are just that, toys. Serato has disappointed us again. For real, all the turntablist and 1200 users out there using SSL, lets bounce! If everybody goes to Traktor, maybe they'll get the clue. I wish I got Traktor sooner, I just started rockin it and I have a long way to go to get all my music ready to play with it. But, pretty soon SSL will be a thing of the past. This shit sucks, been a loyal Serato user for 9 years, but I think it's time to break up. You keep getting cheated on with these controllers, "dj for you softwares", and toys, just seems like time to dump the bitch.
Wobo 9:38 AM - 25 January, 2013
I tested Traktor but there's no visual Control like in Serato if i mix Oldschool. If you play the stuff from the radio or the Dance Charts, you just need a sync-button and nothin' else.
I work with the VCI-380 and had drop-outs till no-thin' goes. I tried it without dead links in the library - and it works better.
About one year ago i started with the VCI 400 and talk to a friend and ask him what a hell is serato dj intro ? A 2 channel software with a 4 channel console ?
I told him that Serato should do it like Traktor - pay per upgrade. Now its like a wish come true. Hopefully the software work better together with the VCI 380 - without drop-outs.

And don't forget:
Maybe you can copy some music, but you can't copy the DJ (Wobo 2004)
gilmedel 9:53 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:

Controllers are tools for the job, Great substitute for all the hardware that I no longer have to carry (3 CDJs, DJM Mixer, Rane SL3), Less wires to connect, no feedback issues...
Guess SSL is fading out so Serato DJ is the future. Why should/would serato invest in supporting Out of production Hardware? Makes no business sense. I guess there are people out there not aware technics are no longer in production. I have seen many djs clear dancefloors with too much scratching got to be able to do more than that now a days. Loops, effects, live remixing, video control... the list goes on. Keyboard and mouse aren't cut out for that so a controller comes in handy.
Serato will always need new customers but I agree they should keep loyal customers happy. Hope Serato DJ can eventually fully support my Pioneer CDJs and onboard soundcards without any Rane Hardware or all in one controller. But for now the Wego is cool since I can carry all my Pioneer Pro DJ equipement in a laptop case.
Muzik Hunter 9:56 AM - 25 January, 2013
What the hell, nothing for SCRATCH LIVE??????
DjVet 9:56 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

They still can't duplicate 1200's and these new toys are just that, toys. Serato has disappointed us again. For real, all the turntablist and 1200 users out there using SSL, lets bounce! If everybody goes to Traktor, maybe they'll get the clue. I wish I got Traktor sooner, I just started rockin it and I have a long way to go to get all my music ready to play with it. But, pretty soon SSL will be a thing of the past. This shit sucks, been a loyal Serato user for 9 years, but I think it's time to break up. You keep getting cheated on with these controllers, "dj for you softwares", and toys, just seems like time to dump the bitch.

I would have to agree.

Serato will soon be regarded as entry level dj software for push-&-sync button djs and Tracktor - should its integrity to the culture of vinyl turntablism maintain - as an advanced dj software counterpart for real djs.

Goodbye Serato.
DJKerin 9:58 AM - 25 January, 2013
So these cheap toys get Serato DJ and my £1000 "most powerful Serato controller on the market" A&H Xone DX gets dumped like a hot stone :(

Come on Serato! You can map it to the DX easily! I'll even pay full price for the software.

Itch is all buggy and hasn't worked properly since day one. Yet i'm supposed to stay using it, or i leave Serato for Traktor instead.

Bad business decision!
KDHRamsay 11:02 AM - 25 January, 2013
Losing patience I have an Allen & Heath Xone DX with no prospect of a proper working release and a Vestax VCI 380 which I bought based on the triumphant, over exaggerated press releases from both Serato and Vestax. It would appear this is no longer a priority for either company. Vestax in particular seem very 'Meh!' about maintaining it already! Not happy at all!!!
prosten 11:05 AM - 25 January, 2013
Don't forget Serato Scratch live and Serato Video !! We need some new stuff :D
robc 11:32 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
So these cheap toys get Serato DJ and my £1000 "most powerful Serato controller on the market" A&H Xone DX gets dumped like a hot stone :(

Come on Serato! You can map it to the DX easily! I'll even pay full price for the software.

Itch is all buggy and hasn't worked properly since day one. Yet i'm supposed to stay using it, or i leave Serato for Traktor instead.

Bad business decision!

+1
Couldnt agree more Kerin.
I have a DX and will end up on Traktor as a result of the last Itch being buggy/unfinished.
The two controllers above look like they have come from the early learning centre!!!!
WTF!?
Daniel Ventura 11:42 AM - 25 January, 2013
traktor here i come.... so sad :-/
Jay Free 12:16 PM - 25 January, 2013
Why not work on making Serato DJ Stable with NO DROUPOUTS before moving to other hardware???????????????????
serato.com
Dax 12:24 PM - 25 January, 2013
more toys for the under 16's,WTF is happening! have toys r us bought shares in the company!

i picked serato over other DVS many moons ago as it was the pro choice but now i just dont see it that way.
DeeWhy 12:40 PM - 25 January, 2013
Wow.

I've never seen such a bunch of crybabies in my life. Serato DJ upgrades are coming for ALL controllers over the next few months, and I believe to replace SSL too (not 100% on that one). Two or three months for new software that a lot of you are going to get for free? Personally I've never had a problem with my DDJ S-1, it's rock solid, though I would love an S-X. I played vinyl for 10 years, CDJs for 6, and there's no shame in using a controller. Turntables are heavy and inaccurate, and I'm sick of punks telling me "it's not real unless it's vinyl"- I was spinnin' vinyl when you were in kindergerten. Worry about your music.
djpr 12:58 PM - 25 January, 2013
I'm a serato scratch live and serato DJ user. And I got to admit serato is letting me down big time. I have a pioneer DDJ SX that has nothing but audio drop outs with "No Fix Yet" and yet your introducing more units...."Really" fix what's broke is all I gots to say. Even my SSL has issues when you close it SMH...........
KDHRamsay 1:01 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Wow.

I've never seen such a bunch of crybabies in my life. Serato DJ upgrades are coming for ALL controllers over the next few months, and I believe to replace SSL too (not 100% on that one). Two or three months for new software that a lot of you are going to get for free? Personally I've never had a problem with my DDJ S-1, it's rock solid, though I would love an S-X. I played vinyl for 10 years, CDJs for 6, and there's no shame in using a controller. Turntables are heavy and inaccurate, and I'm sick of punks telling me "it's not real unless it's vinyl"- I was spinnin' vinyl when you were in kindergerten. Worry about your music.
ditto on the cdjs and vinyl point DeeWhy but regarding the Serato DJ upgrade schedule, it seems an odd policy to adopt when what were priority products (im talking about the VCI380 in particular. The Xone DX was rather ill thought and overpriced.) are shoved to the end of the cue, leaving fundamental aspects of it performance seriously lacking. I dont have any problems that stop me performing with it, like some people seem to, but I am getting inpatient.
DJ WILLIE 1:12 PM - 25 January, 2013
WAY too many wishy-washy rink dink dj style controllers in the market.

I mean dam 99% of them all do the same function.

Just my 2 cents !

follow me on social networks

Twitter.com/djwillie

Instagram ----------> @djwillienyc
Dj Poole 1:45 PM - 25 January, 2013
I'm a serato scratch live and serato DJ user. I also have the pioneer DDJ SX and tested the hell out of it and it's solid... not one drop out....
Therefore I'm to assume the ones complaining should invest in a better computer

Know this... I've been in the biz 24 years and know my shit... My recomendation to the start ups... stop buying cheap crap and that will resolve the tears....

Serato Rocks!
Billy C 1:52 PM - 25 January, 2013
I am an SL user since the beginning of time. Since I needed to become more mobile, I bought myself a vci 300 with itch. Not bad at all. U would think the vci 400 with serato dj intro would be much better. So I bought that too. Serato dj intro is a fail. Why is it taking so long for serato dj to hit the vci 400?
djpr 2:08 PM - 25 January, 2013
Lmao @ DJ Poole Rock Solid My Ass. Been doing this for 12years and it doesn't matter how many years you've been in the game So keep that for the shorties you wanna guide .......I'm not one. And yes I do have a MacBook Pro that's always worked good until I upgraded to serato 2.4 and serato DJ.
Dj Poole 2:28 PM - 25 January, 2013
Son it's serato.com
dj kudalove 2:39 PM - 25 January, 2013
Ive never used a controller cuz ive been lucky enough to have table top cdjs and technics at my disposal. I hate when people say if your not on Technics 1200 you are a real DJ. Thats all crap, as long as you can rock your audience wih what ever type of instruments you have then thats all that matters. My recomendation though is try new and diffrent typeds of setups.
DJ Efsharp 2:40 PM - 25 January, 2013
I quit my job in the music store here in Toronto in 2004 once Serato came out. Scratch Live has been the backbone of my business helped me build a career I didn't think was possible. I am a real 1200's using, vinyl spinning, event and club DJ and I have been buying the top Serato products since the came out, often getting the first units in Canada. I have a TTM 57, a Rane SIXTY TWO (cause the SIXTY EIGHT was a lemon) and a couple Serato boxes.

IT HAS NEVER CRASHED LIKE THIS BEFORE! I got a brand new Macbook Pro with all the RAM this fall. At least when the rainbow wheel appears Serato let's the song play out, and luckily I always have vinyl and can mix out this now buggy software back to records that give me a much more pleasurable spinning wheel.

I AM SURE Serato's business plan and marketing needs to expand with entry levels toys for wannabe overnight laptop DJ's = and sure - I was one of those kids once (20 years ago) BUT PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR PRO USERS! We have supported this company over the years so please make the software bulletproof again like the product that myself and most importantly my clients rely on. It is the difference between me loving and hating my job.

I DJ Fashion shows here and having it crash in the middle of a runway show would be a nightmare. I have a pair of CDJ2000's and don't want to have to switch over because of this, because I love the hip hop 1200/Serato combo!

Please help us!

Thanks in advance!

Sam
Chris Swift 2:41 PM - 25 January, 2013
Seriously, Let's see some upgrades to SSL! Key adjust, new effects, better layout for widescreens, all the features available in Serato DJ, etc, native support for popular midi controllers (control X1)... I hate to admit to my other DJ friends, Traktor is really pulling out ahead from Serato.
dj kudalove 2:41 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Wow.

AMEN hahaha
auttomattik 2:54 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Wow.

All the people saying this type of shit are all defensive to the fact they don't use vinyl any more. I'm sure there are many DJ's here that have been doing it for a long time, BRO. You're not the only OG that uses SSL. But obviously you bitched out cause your back hurt. Personally, I didn't start doing this shit to have a "DJ in a Box" type machine, auto syncing my mixes or feeling that I got skill cause I can hit auto loop, or blast away on a cue button. I think that shit has a place, but c'mon BRO, that is future of djing? That means it turns into just selecting if the machine can do everything for you. It's like these dudes rocking 2 computers and APC and saying they got "total control over their music". It's just all lacking skill in my opinion. Your turntable's are inaccurate?!?! Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Serato has to do something for those who use DVS or they are gonna lose that share of the market. And to the guy who thinks turntables are on the way out, peep prices on used 1200's. They may have stopped making them, but people sure haven't stopped wanting them. I've used many formats and nothing compares to vinyl. Ya'll are bitches.
Peace.
dj-freestyle 2:55 PM - 25 January, 2013
I usually don't reply to this stuff and I've been a serato user since it started but I fear you have totally forgot who built this company and are to worried about controllers now. I'm really dissapointed in the direction I see and the lack of scratch live updates or improvements. Hope I'm wrong
RedViagra 3:12 PM - 25 January, 2013
Serato needs to follow native instruments when it comes to softwareupgrades. Take care of the customers that has paid for your product first before focusing on your new client base. I really got screwed on the V7's when it came to software. You paid clients will always market your product for free through good customer service.
Tbone11 3:17 PM - 25 January, 2013
I'm so happy iv'e joined this forum! The new version of Serato Scratch Live SUCKS! I finished my last party with windows media player because serato keeps crashing. It never used to???? Just dropped $2600.00 on a new Macbook Pro but from reading all of your posts i'm not confident it will solve the problem. Need to download older version for stability? WTF SERATO???????
DJ Rembrant 3:24 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:

First get a real mixer then talk crap...LOL!!!
Cuervo 3:25 PM - 25 January, 2013
I dont get it! So now.. why do I have to spend a bunch of money buying the SL2, SL3, SL4 the 57, 61, 62 and the 64 mixers when I can buy a cheap controller like the Pioneer DDJ-WeGO for $299? I have the TTM57 the Twitch and the SL2 and I am very disappointed the way Serato is going this really sucks.
Jobushwick 3:29 PM - 25 January, 2013
HA HA HA...I work in photography and I saw these gripes and whines when things started going digital and film started going away. Well...in about 5 years people will read this string of posts and laugh. I can't believe how slow it is taking these companies to evolve compared to other industries.
blaides 3:35 PM - 25 January, 2013
Dang it and i just got my mixtrack pro.... how about a free serato upgrade pleeeez....
DJ Rembrant 3:51 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Wow.

The bottom line is all of the tech made for DJing today is still based on your creativity period. If you dont have any there is in't going to be any. To Scratch,Blend,Select Music,Reading and Entertaining a Crowd it still takes skill. All the new Tech does is enhance you thoughts and enable you to put it down.. I love not having to carry crates and crates of vinyl and take my whole library with me in the size of a cigar box. But you still have to move the crowd. So after all this bickering and who haing about being true to the game think about it the DJ hasn't changed the DJ Game has so impravise, overcome and adapt...(IMOFFMYSOAPBOX)

All the people saying this type of shit are all defensive to the fact they don't use vinyl any more. I'm sure there are many DJ's here that have been doing it for a long time, BRO. You're not the only OG that uses SSL. But obviously you bitched out cause your back hurt. Personally, I didn't start doing this shit to have a "DJ in a Box" type machine, auto syncing my mixes or feeling that I got skill cause I can hit auto loop, or blast away on a cue button. I think that shit has a place, but c'mon BRO, that is future of djing? That means it turns into just selecting if the machine can do everything for you. It's like these dudes rocking 2 computers and APC and saying they got "total control over their music". It's just all lacking skill in my opinion. Your turntable's are inaccurate?!?! Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Serato has to do something for those who use DVS or they are gonna lose that share of the market. And to the guy who thinks turntables are on the way out, peep prices on used 1200's. They may have stopped making them, but people sure haven't stopped wanting them. I've used many formats and nothing compares to vinyl. Ya'll are bitches.

Peace.
masonlumber 3:53 PM - 25 January, 2013
Nothing has been able to match the Technics turntable for DJ's who can SCRATCH. I purchased several of these "controllers" and they all got returned. I thought I could have a little coffee table DJ set-up, but I was wrong. Long Live the Technics 1200 !!!
Tbone11 3:55 PM - 25 January, 2013
I don't think people are being crybabies, they just want the software to work!!!!!
dj jamalot 4:07 PM - 25 January, 2013
Waa waa waa jeez seriously if u ain't feelin it then push on you gotta bash something because YOUR having issues my 2.4.3 works great on my ttm 57 and 1200 rig I own the ns7 the DDJ SX the mc 6000 pioneer cdj1000 mk3 and they all work great so keep bashing I'll keep rockin parties and buying more gear ;-).
AlphaTrion 4:15 PM - 25 January, 2013
I've been a SSL user since '05 and is disappointing to see the direction it's going. I'm all for controllers, use whatever makes you better (even though most people are just using whatever makes them subpar and allows them to undercut better artists) but I'm a vinyl user and always we be. I DJ primarily B-boy competitions which require the use of turntables and the ability to bear juggle efficiently. The format isn't going anywhere. Even if technics has quit making 1200s the used market is as strong as ever and other companies have and will continue to step in and fill that gap. Acting like controllers are the future and the only future is a toy opinion and extremely narrow. Just because you only use controllers, doesn't mean that the rest are happy just pushing buttons and turning knobs. The vinyl users formed the base of this company and supported it for years. Sad to say but unless I start to see the company supporting its base again, I will have to move on.
AlphaTrion 4:16 PM - 25 January, 2013
Apologies for the typos, on my phone. I do not juggle bears.
auttomattik 4:22 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
I've been a SSL user since '05 and is disappointing to see the direction it's going. I'm all for controllers, use whatever makes you better (even though most people are just using whatever makes them subpar and allows them to undercut better artists) but I'm a vinyl user and always we be. I DJ primarily B-boy competitions which require the use of turntables and the ability to bear juggle efficiently. The format isn't going anywhere. Even if technics has quit making 1200s the used market is as strong as ever and other companies have and will continue to step in and fill that gap. Acting like controllers are the future and the only future is a toy opinion and extremely narrow. Just because you only use controllers, doesn't mean that the rest are happy just pushing buttons and turning knobs. The vinyl users formed the base of this company and supported it for years. Sad to say but unless I start to see the company supporting its base again, I will have to move on.

+1

You hear us?? Vinyl is going nowhere.
dj jamalot 4:30 PM - 25 January, 2013
I personally like being able to do my video shows on a controller unlike many of you who feel turntables are everything i've had technics since they first came out many of you were not thought of i started djing in 1978 and still on top of my game i use my 1200's and 57 rig planning to buy a 62 this year after I buy the NS7 II I have lots of rigs i'm a gear Whore use your Tools to do What You Do just because your rocking 1200's does not make you the best lol.
dj jamalot 4:33 PM - 25 January, 2013
and if you guys are such purists why are you using a lap top??? I thought real dj's only use Vinyl? now go find all your music on vinyl and we won't have this discussion vinyl isn't going anywhere LMAO.
deaconfresh 4:38 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Bad business decision!

+1
Couldnt agree more Kerin.
I have a DX and will end up on Traktor as a result of the last Itch being buggy/unfinished.
The two controllers above look like they have come from the early learning centre!!!!
WTF!?

Serato steered its customers to the Xone DX as the premiere controller for Itch, and now acts as if it never existed. No more support, no available upgrade to DJ. Way to abandon your loyal customers, Serato!
iLLBot 5:06 PM - 25 January, 2013
All us Serato Scratch Live users can go to hell now that these plastic toys are available for everyone.

I can't remember the last time there was a Newsletter for Scratch users.

Thanks Serato!
You make us feel very special.
Keep doing it and see how fast Traktor surpasses you in the States.
jprime 5:07 PM - 25 January, 2013
I posted this elsewhere...I just want to loop some old Peter Piper on top of a nice breakbeat with a couple decks, drop an acapella in there with another deck, then lace it with some scratches.

Seems pretty straightforward. Two decks with beats I can control / loop / etc. A DVS deck with an acca, a DVS deck for scratching.

Bring the two worlds together and reap the benefits of the controller world and DVS world

Make it so.
sustijnable 5:18 PM - 25 January, 2013
I was late to SSL and never liked CDJ's. The reason I switched to controller is that clubs/bars did a poor job at integrating SSL. And Serato did a poor job at urging them to do it. I've seen and experienced too many instances where there are technical problems with box connections at slot switches etc, and dead air as a result. It's frustrating for the DJ's and sucks for the crowd. Personally, we've never had a problem with drop-outs or crashes with the VCI-380, and the hook up is typically simple. We usually just jack a CDJ line. Carry a few cables and a small power strip and we're golden. I full-heartedly reject the idea that I'm suddenly not a DJ anymore because I use a different technology. Most of the music I play isn't even available on vinyl. So unless you are a scratching turntablist, I don't see the benefit of using control vinyl anymore. I'll still rock an old skool vinyl set though! I love my 1200's with real analog audio, not some 1's and 0's... to each their own though. No reason to hate.
Dj G cue 5:26 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Very well said Dj Gonzo!!!
Dj G cue 5:34 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
More crap for wannabe DJs to buy

C'mon man really? I been Djing since the early 90's. I have my set of 1200's and a VESTAX VCI-300MK2.
The controlers don't make you a FAKE OR A WANNA BE DJ!!! I find it much easier to transport my VESTAX VCI-300MK2 to a gig instead of my 1200's with all the equipment i carry to a gig. Is about making your life easier when you go do a gig...specially when you DJ alone.
Dj G cue 5:35 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Yes Sir!!!
gilmedel 5:40 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Just because you only use controllers, doesn't mean that the rest are happy just pushing buttons and turning knobs. The vinyl users formed the base of this company and supported it for years. Sad to say but unless I start to see the company supporting its base again, I will have to move on.

I wonder why Technics never made Turntables with midi controls built in or incorporated new technology into their design? That would have been cool then It would be a blend of Old School and High Tech. I remember When CDJ were new and people said the same thing and now I see famous people using CDJ setups. You can't deny there is Progress, Evolution, and always new equipement in the DJ industry. More than one way to be a DJ, Turntablist, Live Remixer, Live performer, VDJ... Just cause it doesn't work for you is no reason to hate on it.
Dj G cue 5:49 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Just because you only use controllers, doesn't mean that the rest are happy just pushing buttons and turning knobs. The vinyl users formed the base of this company and supported it for years. Sad to say but unless I start to see the company supporting its base again, I will have to move on.

I wonder why Technics never made Turntables with midi controls built in or incorporated new technology into their design? That would have been cool then It would be a blend of Old School and High Tech. I remember When CDJ were new and people said the same thing and now I see famous people using CDJ setups. You can't deny there is Progress, Evolution, and always new equipement in the DJ industry. More than one way to be a DJ, Turntablist, Live Remixer, Live performer, VDJ... Just cause it doesn't work for you is no reason to hate on it.

yes, it's called technology. very well said
NORMAN ALDER 6:01 PM - 25 January, 2013
Look guys Scratch Live is the Ultamate software, it's the best out there, Virtual, Tractor they all have to take back seat. They are really for those bed room djs no, disrespect, but if you have the right tool e.g the Mc Pro a sperate conroler e.g cdj 850s ttm 57, 1200 turntalbes then you have no complaints.
RedDucati 6:03 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've used many formats and nothing compares to vinyl. Ya'll are bitches.

Peace.

Can you make up your mind?? are they all bitches or you wanna wish 'em Peace.

BTW..I use TT as well but no hate here.
jprime 6:08 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Look guys Scratch Live is the Ultamate software, it's the best out there, Virtual, Tractor they all have to take back seat. They are really for those bed room djs no, disrespect, but if you have the right tool e.g the Mc Pro a sperate conroler e.g cdj 850s ttm 57, 1200 turntalbes then you have no complaints.

I stand by my previous comment. It's still limited for now.
robin 6:12 PM - 25 January, 2013
I can't really be mad at people using whatever DJ devices they want to. It's their choice. However, when it comes down to the true essence of DJ'ing and turntablism that is being lost. Any person can buy a DJ controller and them call themselves a DJ. Most DJ's can't even scratch any more, beat juggle, etc. Ask a DJ today to do a crab scratch or some other technique and they'll look in EFX on serato. I appreciate it when serato uses experienced dj's when they demo their gear like Jazzy Jeff, DJ Revolution and others. I hope that Dj's can get a way from relying on pushing buttons and get back to actually knowing how to become turntablist.
DJNemesis831 6:12 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
What the hell, nothing for SCRATCH LIVE??????

Ya! what the hell is up with that?

Also, I'm not knocking any format out there, i grew up in 12's and wish i didn't have to switch over; but trutu to the fact is it's too damn heavy to be carrying around when you have to be mobile. Now using the Denon DNS-3900's with a DNX1700 and nothing comes closer to 12's than that.

I honestly don't care what format you decide to use, but to all the DJ Platform designers, stop giving "kids with money" an option to destroy the art of DJ'ing: ***GET RID OF THAT DAMN SYNC BUTTON!!!!*******
jprime 6:27 PM - 25 January, 2013
How about the art of live PA performance? How about merging it with the top scratch capable software? How about live remixing?
Seems to me a lot of people are happy blending one song into the next or working on their DMC routine. That's awesome. Other people want to do a lot more.
Dj G cue 6:53 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow.

The bottom line is all of the tech made for DJing today is still based on your creativity period. If you dont have any there is in't going to be any. To Scratch,Blend,Select Music,Reading and Entertaining a Crowd it still takes skill. All the new Tech does is enhance you thoughts and enable you to put it down.. I love not having to carry crates and crates of vinyl and take my whole library with me in the size of a cigar box. But you still have to move the crowd. So after all this bickering and who haing about being true to the game think about it the DJ hasn't changed the DJ Game has so impravise, overcome and adapt...(IMOFFMYSOAPBOX)

WORD!!!!

Peace.
Code:E 6:58 PM - 25 January, 2013
Thats it? nothing else. no SSL2.5 No Bridge Update No Serato Video update!!!! Serato WTF
NORMAN ALDER 7:05 PM - 25 January, 2013
This is what i know, Nothing will replace SSL. Ther is no better software replacement. But updates for SSL. Yes all the others out there are just Hybrids.
NORMAN ALDER 7:26 PM - 25 January, 2013
Serato has no intention of replacing Scratc live software, but they will update the software from time to time, ironing out some of the previous bugs they encountered. The new softwares that are endorsed by Serato are still inferior to SCRAT LIVE.
jprime 7:50 PM - 25 January, 2013
merge it all. Lets go :)
dj-freestyle 8:00 PM - 25 January, 2013
Ive always stayed out of the argument about updates and stuff but it seems like they have forgot about the people who built this company lately and thats the scratch live users. period. end of story. Im all for change and controllers and all that but dont leave the people who put you on the map. The club and radio djs who we all saw use serato and said i can do that and got serato. thats my 2 cents.
ChuckDvolume2 8:20 PM - 25 January, 2013
Been in the game since '84 and I don't have a problem with 1200s or controllers, just hate CDJs. The lighter I can make my load, the better and there aint no B**ch as***dness about it. If you're using Serato and you're not using REAL crates anymore without a computer, then you're already using the new technology as far as I'm concerned.
ChuckDvolume2 8:23 PM - 25 January, 2013
And for the record, I agree. What's up with the SSL update?
dj jamalot 8:26 PM - 25 January, 2013
Serato Dj is as good as scratch live but hey I'm not gonna argue the point it all works and if your getting paid to do this that's all that matters I gig every week I really need to get a life but the money traps me! I gotta buy toys!
NORMAN ALDER 8:35 PM - 25 January, 2013
What i am saying is that Scratch live is seperate and apart from all the latest software that doesnt use a ssl 2 sl3 or a ttm57 e.c.t. itch and the others that came after arn't as stable as Scratch live. i beg to differ you Cannot compar Serato DJ to Scratch live, its not even remotely close. Like i said they are hybrids of Scratch Live..
MIXOHOLIC! 8:39 PM - 25 January, 2013
THERE IS GOTTA BE A GOOD REASON WHY I SEE ALL KINDS OF NS7 and a bunch of other controllers on craigslist???? I gues they are not working properly Come on serato stop making dumb toys for wanna be dj's
Queyourdj 8:40 PM - 25 January, 2013
A dj is not what you use but can you feel the crowd and make them move. Alot of Dj's out there are laptop DJ's with no skill or crowd moving material. I go to parties and hear totally "WHACK" DJs playing on new equipment with no foundation or form. This is sad!! Using turntables is work and thats what makes it soooooo much fun!!!

1200's FOREVER!!!!!
DJ MEDIC 671 8:52 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Never really was a fan of controllers. I'm a 1200 man myself ya heard.

Ha ha this DJ name is obvious one for the books but, agreed vynil is where it all started but the price for two technics and a serato live mixer is more than some of these controllers why not save a few bucks and use the technology that they have givein us to make our job easier. Yes ANYONE can press the sync button and be a DJ but a real DJ doesn't just hear the music they also feel the music. IMO
dj jamalot 9:17 PM - 25 January, 2013
Lol wanna be dj's CTFU call it what u want I'm depositing last weeks check that I made on a ns7 running serato video maybe tonight ill use another wanna be rig an make another weekend out of it I bet I have better rigs sitting in storage that your broke ass uses lmao this is re dic!
DJ Em Nice 9:18 PM - 25 January, 2013
What about Virtual DJ for those talking about moving away from serato scratch? Free upgrades and it has video for those that are VDJ's.
1200s are the real deal, h e a pair at the crib but I mainly use the Denon SC3900s now, the closes thing to the 1200s and that's the truth.
Jobushwick 9:29 PM - 25 January, 2013
Go play with your iphones....unless you all use an old rotary dial phone because you know that is a 'REAL' phone. HA HA HA HA.

People you have to evolve a little! Sure you can still use your vinyl but note that things are changing fast so get used to it.
DJTone66 9:37 PM - 25 January, 2013
I always say that REAL DJ's USE TURNTABLES. I hate to see a DJ use a desktop computer at a club and dont know how to DJ. Just playing record after record, no cuts, no scratches, no blends.
By all means, if you are a DJ that use CD's or something close to turntables then hey, I'm not knocking you but WOW - at least do blends.
I recently purchase the Serato SL 2 and I spin with my Techs 1210's, - 32 years of DJing and look what it has turned to. I believe technology increases with time but WOW, my mom could be a DJ with all this new stuff.
kfcjock 9:44 PM - 25 January, 2013
Looks like Numark and Pioneer is following Vestax's lead

Any word on pricepoints yet?

DJ Coop
Vestax VCI-380 w/ Itch
HP Envy i5 6GB
NORMAN ALDER 9:50 PM - 25 January, 2013
Dem thing deh a garbage dash dem weh man. Get the real real stuff if you a play from lap top too much problem wid itch. Get SCRATCH LIVE WID 1200S CDJ AND A GOOD MIXER. CASE CLOSE. DONE
DJ.Tyme 10:04 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

+1
djdannyd 10:09 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:

there's obviously no benefit, but on the other hand; there's also no harm. Being a SSL user myself, I can still use it and get the job done! What else do we need to get the job done? Everything else is just bells and whistles.
DJ.Tyme 10:10 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Wow.

+1
dj jamalot 10:20 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Wow.

+1

+2 I started spinning in 1978 and still rockin clubs good dj's don't fade away.
Dj G cue 10:41 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
I always say that REAL DJ's USE TURNTABLES. I hate to see a DJ use a desktop computer at a club and dont know how to DJ. Just playing record after record, no cuts, no scratches, no blends.
By all means, if you are a DJ that use CD's or something close to turntables then hey, I'm not knocking you but WOW - at least do blends.
I recently purchase the Serato SL 2 and I spin with my Techs 1210's, - 32 years of DJing and look what it has turned to. I believe technology increases with time but WOW, my mom could be a DJ with all this new stuff.

im going to have to disagree with you on this that your mom can dj with the stuff out right now. I have had friends come up to me and ask me to teach them how to DJ and after expaining them the basics of Djing, they are still lost. in order to be a Dj, you have to have "IT" if you don't have "IT" then you can't mix, scratch beat juggle etc.
Dj G cue 10:44 PM - 25 January, 2013
besides...are they still pressing vinyl with all the newest music out for the dj's to buy?
sorry for asking this question but as far as im concern...they don't.
DJ Em Nice 11:00 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
besides...are they still pressing vinyl with all the newest music out for the dj's to buy?

Great question and the answer is actually yes they are. Not to the volumes as years past obviously but they are still pressing them.

I use both, kept the tables because I still have vinyl and I like the feel and sound quality that comes with the vinyls however, for gigs I'm using my 3900s with Serato SL3.
auttomattik 11:15 PM - 25 January, 2013
All you controller DJ's are bitches, so let's get back to the important part of this thread. The majority of people responding seem to be SSL users and we're pissed. Let Serato know that it's awful that they've left the DVS user behind for the, short sighted, quick profit off cheap controllers. All your DVS users went out and bought 62's last year hoping the program would follow with something new but instead we've had more problems than ever. So we need the SSL users, whatever format you use, to express your displeasure with this announcement. Cheap controllers do nothing for the people who put them on the map, the vinyl and cdj DJ's.

And personally, dj jamalot, if you have to talk about "cashing checks" and "working weekly" on a site that was created for professional DJs, you're wack. You're so wack that "working weekly" really means, monthly if that, and "cashing checks" means, free drinks at the bar. Honestly bro, I feel wack for even talking shit to someone as wack as you. But, keep "cashing checks" and "buying toys" and playing the top ten on DJ City, ya turkey.

But, to everybody who cares about the culture, hit up Serato and let them know this shit won't fly. The pro's who rely on a DVS system need to see something or we'll all be going to Traktor. Peace.
DJ Em Nice 11:29 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
"cashing checks" means, free drinks at the bar.

dam, that's some funny but true shit auttomattik
dj_chino 11:52 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:

But, to everybody who cares about the culture, hit up Serato and let them know this shit won't fly. The pro's who rely on a DVS system need to see something or we'll all be going to Traktor. Peace.

Go Traktor then... you think anybody care?? a bunch of Traktor dj also want to go serato. Stop Bitching, it is what it is.....
gilmedel 11:55 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
The pro's who rely on a DVS system need to see something or we'll all be going to Traktor. Peace.

If you a good DJ you should be able to use any Program, Hardware and Sound setup and mix it up. Technics, Serato, Pioneer, Tracktor, Virtual DJ, Ipad, Midi controllers all tools of the trade not requirements, Kind of funny because the most important thing is MUSIC. People have to enjoy your mix or else you aint sh*t. You could have 1200's CDJs Dicers Rane Mixers all hooked up but you have to get people to enjoy your mixing or else all that equipement is irrelevent.
jprime 11:57 PM - 25 January, 2013
I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to get the best of both controller & DVS worlds.

*shakes head in disbelief at the close-mindedness of some self-titled "pros" *
Dj G cue 12:07 AM - 26 January, 2013
yup, i've seen dj's mix with top of the line equipment and belive me...THEY SUCK @$$!!!
I went to 2 weddings and for my luck, the same wack @$$ dj played in the 2...He sucked. I said to my self...A real dj couln't suck this bad..even if he tried!
MIXOHOLIC! 12:08 AM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
All you controller DJ's are bitches, so let's get back to the important part of this thread. The majority of people responding seem to be SSL users and we're pissed. Let Serato know that it's awful that they've left the DVS user behind for the, short sighted, quick profit off cheap controllers. All your DVS users went out and bought 62's last year hoping the program would follow with something new but instead we've had more problems than ever. So we need the SSL users, whatever format you use, to express your displeasure with this announcement. Cheap controllers do nothing for the people who put them on the map, the vinyl and cdj DJ's.

And personally, dj jamalot, if you have to talk about "cashing checks" and "working weekly" on a site that was created for professional DJs, you're wack. You're so wack that "working weekly" really means, monthly if that, and "cashing checks" means, free drinks at the bar. Honestly bro, I feel wack for even talking shit to someone as wack as you. But, keep "cashing checks" and "buying toys" and playing the top ten on DJ City, ya turkey.

+1
will22 12:43 AM - 26 January, 2013
A real tradesman knows ALL his tools ! its upto you what you use ! ive vinyl and a controller . . end of topic/discussion !
minnesotadj1 12:52 AM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:

I own both Serato and Traktor and been using Serato since 2006. Started using Traktor back in March. At least with Traktor whenever they update their software everyone is covered. The people that uses controllers and DVS. I am hoping Serato will get together and provide what the DVS users need with the same features as Serato DJ including isotope effects.
Code:E 12:53 AM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
A real tradesman knows ALL his tools ! its upto you what you use ! ive vinyl and a controller . . end of topic/discussion !

+1
jude 12:55 AM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

So you use a 40 pound crap controller that runs like 1300 instead of a ddj-s1 which is 11 pounds?
DJPHINGAZ 1:09 AM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

2.2 still for me.

+ 1 and still waiting!!

crashes on me also when cd inserted.... these artists are pissed when they try to perform...
DJNemesis831 1:51 AM - 26 January, 2013
All I'm saying is get rid of the sync has to go. 14 years spinning and i can't seem to grasp how club owners allow that shit. Yes, i'mma bitch about it cuz talentless DJ's are getting the gigs for peanuts.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:09 AM - 26 January, 2013
Hey guys, for everyone discussing Scratch Live I just thought I'd let you know we have fixed the CD crash issue along with several other issues which we are aiming to get into the next release. I can't give you a date right now but it shouldn't be too far off and I'm confident it will fix a bunch of these issues reported above.

Also remember that, despite popular belief, these intro controllers don't get in the way of Scratch Live development, they are different teams :)
djdannyd 3:22 AM - 26 January, 2013
Hey Logan, which team are you working for? Serato's flagship software or intro?? :p
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:38 AM - 26 January, 2013
Hey djdannyd, I'm part of the product planning team, and we deal with all the teams :)
djdannyd 3:56 AM - 26 January, 2013
That's awesome Logan, please get off the forum and go plan something for SSL that will make our jaws drop. Although it's been pretty quiet for us SSL and that has a few peeps frustrated, I sure hope that Serato don't walk away from what made you guys what you are today.

Namm is bananas this year! Great artists throwing it down, on those obsoleted things called turntables! ;)
Code:E 4:16 AM - 26 January, 2013
auttomattik 5:06 AM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
That's awesome Logan, please get off the forum and go plan something for SSL that will make our jaws drop. Although it's been pretty quiet for us SSL and that has a few peeps frustrated, I sure hope that Serato don't walk away from what made you guys what you are today.

Namm is bananas this year! Great artists throwing it down, on those obsoleted things called turntables! ;)

+1
auttomattik 5:30 AM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
The pro's who rely on a DVS system need to see something or we'll all be going to Traktor. Peace.

If you a good DJ you should be able to use any Program, Hardware and Sound setup and mix it up. Technics, Serato, Pioneer, Tracktor, Virtual DJ, Ipad, Midi controllers all tools of the trade not requirements, Kind of funny because the most important thing is MUSIC. People have to enjoy your mix or else you aint sh*t. You could have 1200's CDJs Dicers Rane Mixers all hooked up but you have to get people to enjoy your mixing or else all that equipement is irrelevent.

This is a DJ FORUM, ya boob. If it was about just MUSIC, go rock on a couple iPhones or just a laptop. Dudes who say shit like that play other dj's prerecorded mixes in there sets, while turning knobs pretending to do something. The only program I care about is SSL, like most others here, so that is why we are complaining.

Quote:
I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to get the best of both controller & DVS worlds.

*shakes head in disbelief at the close-mindedness of some self-titled "pros" *

The point made previously is that a lot of us don't want to reinvent the wheel. We just want SSL to improve. We don't need a new way to use it. So to me, controllers are useless and I think they make it too easy for people of lesser skill to DJ. That's my opinion. Also, the term "self-titled pro" is misused. Serato is a professional DJ program used by all kinds. But, in reference to myself, my primary living is made by DJing. I suppose that makes me a "pro". But I don't really care what title I'm given or give myself. This is all about helping the core user of SSL, and making a complaint that we need improvements. I also have Traktor but I haven't found enough free time to dedicate to it to make the switch. But, as Serato continues to leave SSL behind I will find more time to continue to make the switch. I feel a lot of us don't do this (DJing) out of convenience. We do it because, at least at one point, we loved it. So, personally I always want things to be better so I will always go with what I feel is best. For me that will always be a DVS system. Whether that's SSL or Traktor, right now, that's yet to be determined.
Tiger4life 5:59 AM - 26 January, 2013
It seems like a lot of people need to educate themselves about how corporate business operate in this country before they call themselves DJs.You guys need to refocus your mind about Entertainment that embraces DJing as well as Music.There's a difference between a businessman and someone who owns a piece of equipment and who learns how to scratch and beatmatch.Who wouldn't love making money when money can be made so easily? Serato is an enterprise with the ultimate goal to make as much money as they can not to please you, myself or them.Stop the nonsense and do whatever rocks your boat.You only own the gear you paid for not the DJ industry.It's a free world controlled by the corporate businesses.
DJ GMac 6:31 AM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
i
Quote:

Yep but think about it, Serato has now been doing this for years. They stabbed their loyal SSL fans who invested hundreds or more into Rane equipment when they came out with itch, instead of doing an all in one program. instead of fixing Serato's issues as a program (which do exist no matter what bull they say) and NOW instead of remaining loyal to their itch AND SSL fans they release 2 MORE programs (intro+DJ) and stop making proper constant updates with real upgrades and bug support for the old programs and old loyal fans.

I started Digital Dj'ing in Traktor pro, Switched to Serato and noticed their instability as a company and quickly hopped back to Traktor pro 2 with NI's Flagship controller the Kontrol s4. NO regrets. amazing customer support and reliability.

now by no means am I a turntabilist crazy DJ i dont swear by vinyl or cdj's or anything. although i own 800 mk2's and I think its great Serato is trying to incorporate low end controllers into the "real deal professional software" like traktors been doing for years. but the only suggestion I can make is don't trust them too much. like why not just make ONE program in the first place, or atleast keep itch around, sheesh.
Dan Halen 7:03 AM - 26 January, 2013
Why not man up and get something that's NOT a plastic shell...
DJ SOUTH 7:19 AM - 26 January, 2013
Too All You Guys Talking About "HAVING 1200'S"

I Think ALL OF YOU Are Full Of Shit ..... I Do Mobile As Well And I Don't "BITCH" About Moving TurnTables, Speakers, Lights ,Etc Etc......

If U Buy A Controller Or Whatever I Don't Have An Issue With That.... But If U Buy It B/C You Don't Wanna "LUG" Equipment Around Then You Should "RECONSIDER" Your "PROFESSION" B/C If You Are Moving Gear For Gigs Then You Should Be In Shape And Not Complaining {"O IT MAKES IT EASIER") Blah Blah Blah..... Sounds To Me Like All Of You Are Making Excuses NOT 2 WORK.

I Do Gigs (CLUBS/MOBILE/WEDDINGS/ ETC ETC) As Well As Production Work
And I Move My 1200's & Big Items All The Time And I Don't BITCH About It.

I Have Been In This For 15 Years Because I Love It.

So Shut The Fuck Up And Stop Crying
DJ GMac 7:24 AM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
Too All You Guys Talking About "HAVING 1200'S"

I Think ALL OF YOU Are Full Of Shit ..... I Do Mobile As Well And I Don't "BITCH" About Moving TurnTables, Speakers, Lights ,Etc Etc......

If U Buy A Controller Or Whatever I Don't Have An Issue With That.... But If U Buy It B/C You Don't Wanna "LUG" Equipment Around Then You Should "RECONSIDER" Your "PROFESSION" B/C If You Are Moving Gear For Gigs Then You Should Be In Shape And Not Complaining {"O IT MAKES IT EASIER") Blah Blah Blah..... Sounds To Me Like All Of You Are Making Excuses NOT 2 WORK.

I Do Gigs (CLUBS/MOBILE/WEDDINGS/ ETC ETC) As Well As Production Work
And I Move My 1200's & Big Items All The Time And I Don't BITCH About It.

I Have Been In This For 15 Years Because I Love It.

So Shut The Fuck Up And Stop Crying

So much respect going out to you man! I get sick of hearing people bitch about that one.
AlphaTrion 9:21 AM - 26 January, 2013
To clear something up, I wasn't really dissing controller. Use what you want, a tool is a tool but whatever you're using, you better use it well and you better be using to its potential.

My point was that we're not all out there playing Trap remixed and synth pop. Some of us are hip-hop DJs or classic breaks DJs or turntablists and we or the style of dj'ing we do is going anywhere. And that style requires certain sets of skills...scratching, juggling, trick mixing...that require vinyl.

So I'll stick by what I said, vinyl isn't going anywhere. New vinyl comes out all the time. Every major release gets a vinyl copy these days, not to mention promo records that don't get official digital releases. You can buy turntables at Urban Outfitter and Target. The format's not going anywhere.
djpuma_gemini 9:52 AM - 26 January, 2013
where's all the mens gadgets not just a bunch of toys?
snob dee-jays 10:49 AM - 26 January, 2013
how manny controller's can the market handle?
Casper VonDj 12:40 PM - 26 January, 2013
Please fix Serato/Bridge. I have used scratch since it's inception, and would like to continue. I'm not looking to ditch any of my 1200's in the near future, so all this controller talk is irrelevant to me. It would be great to have you fix the issues at hand for us that brought you to the dance.
DJ Toney 4:56 PM - 26 January, 2013
What ever tickle your fancy ! I am old school but I have switch to the controller because of it's ease to get around. You still need the skill to blend ,mix or cut up tracks . The art of the DJ is still good selection ,clean cut mix and total control of people on the dance floor. The tools you use to me does not matter. It's the work you are able to produce. The DJs coming from turntables should be able to make the controllers "talk" because they have a better feel of the music and are generally a lot more skillful fundamentally . I have scratch live , itch and serato DJ because I picked up the DDJ SX last month.
DJ.Tyme 5:13 PM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
What ever tickle your fancy ! I am old school but I have switch to the controller because of it's ease to get around. You still need the skill to blend ,mix or cut up tracks . The art of the DJ is still good selection ,clean cut mix and total control of people on the dance floor. The tools you use to me does not matter. It's the work you are able to produce. The DJs coming from turntables should be able to make the controllers "talk" because they have a better feel of the music and are generally a lot more skillful fundamentally . I have scratch live , itch and serato DJ because I picked up the DDJ SX last month.

+1
dj jamalot 6:04 PM - 26 January, 2013
AutomaTRick call it what u want im great at being me i only mix these days dont need to do back flips and f#8k up the groove to get broke off and personally i do quite well for myself don't need to prove jack to a bunch o cry babies yup i love my controllers and dicers and 1210's and 57 and dim 800 need a tissue lmao.
dj jamalot 6:07 PM - 26 January, 2013
ps if you was that good i would probably kno u other wise your irrelevent. Yup I love top ten it buys me a lot of stuff.
minnesotadj1 7:57 PM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:

+1
Reggie G. 8:28 PM - 26 January, 2013
I have done the tech 1200 forever and love them. But I also love the old classics cars as well but I would never trade it for my new Rolls Royce or my Bentley. You see new is good I don't use the 1200s anymore but will always love them. I re-outfitted all my guys with the NS6s and they cried at first but now they love them to death. So change is good embrace it because it's a 25,000 ton freight train. JUMP ON BOARD OR GET RAN OVER BY IT. Now my guys are the best with these new controllers and wouldn't trade it for shit. And by the way the NS6s are not plastic their slim light weight and a powerful 4 channel mixing console. They could use more effects and lines but hey can't have everything.
dj fat maxx 9:25 PM - 26 January, 2013
I cant believe I paid 1299.99 for the ns7 just to see that what was current is now obsolite. With the release of the ns7 2 I think ill sell all my serato gear and trade up for traktor..what happened to the ns7 upgrade package that was for told. If this is how ausies handle buisness then truley u should be banned from america for cheating people out there hard earned cash. I see pay 1499.99 for ur upgrade and the software probably doesnt even work with out a glitch. The next time im in the club ill make sure to spill koolaid on ur gear..cause I aint drinkin the exported bullshit from serato no more.:( :( :( :( :( :(
Cuervo 9:33 PM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
I cant believe I paid 1299.99 for the ns7 just to see that what was current is now obsolite. With the release of the ns7 2 I think ill sell all my serato gear and trade up for traktor..what happened to the ns7 upgrade package that was for told. If this is how ausies handle buisness then truley u should be banned from america for cheating people out there hard earned cash. I see pay 1499.99 for ur upgrade and the software probably doesnt even work with out a glitch. The next time im in the club ill make sure to spill koolaid on ur gear..cause I aint drinkin the exported bullshit from serato no more.:( :( :( :( :( :(

Your NS7 its not obsolete you will get the Serato DJ free update in spring. You can use your NS7 for years, but if you are like most of the people who like to spend money buying new equipment then sell your NS7 and buy the NS7 II its up to you. Trakor also come with new controllers so its not only Serato. I use the TTM57 and I''ll keep it all the time posible.
dj fat maxx 9:47 PM - 26 January, 2013
But traktor actually works after u set it up all im sayin is how come the bridge was promissed to itch the u had ur internet goons remove all that was said by serato.. yaw be bullshittin and sucking up my earned cash for a obsilite computer crashing ass product.. never herd a traktor dj complain. Whats ur excuse for all the bs.. and misleading info. Drop ur concern in a box with my refund im hiring a lawyer.
dj fat maxx 9:50 PM - 26 January, 2013
Ps most people spend hard earned money for a product that actually works not conflicts and crashes ur new win 8 pc. I also own a mac and it crashed too..both are i7.. so fix ya shit homie.
dj fat maxx 9:51 PM - 26 January, 2013
Either offer us ns7 users a trade up w/o drama or for see ur future with alot of court dates..america or australia u pick
dj fat maxx 9:59 PM - 26 January, 2013
Cant sell the ns7 for more than 500 so y would I pass the cheat per say to another fellow tryna follow in the prints I left. And y after using serato for so long am I now P.Oed because not one thing promissed is true except the bug fix came from my data I let u use now give it back.each one teach one or even give a person a warning yo shit mite crash afyer serato use..
dj fat maxx 10:00 PM - 26 January, 2013
Wasnt the first ns7 replaced because they started fires..bad craftsmanship with low integrity all im a say..nogh said
dj fat maxx 10:03 PM - 26 January, 2013
My other 1299.99 I spent on the dx is now only worth 200 so wtf is ur problem with keeping it relevant like the sl1 that was so loved for many years and actually worked..love rane. Shame on serato for disgracing the name.
dj fat maxx 10:08 PM - 26 January, 2013
Yessss..twitch ns7 and my xone dx works with tracktor. Yes if ur here seeing this comment traktor takes patient but at least they dont leave u in the dark wondering about mtc..or stability on ur system.Serato if ur big and bad offer traktor lite with ur product then too u might make it up to the dj to feedback on that sshit.fire your ceo he prolly cheating his employees too..NIKE ..just do it
dj fat maxx 10:54 PM - 26 January, 2013
Quervo u must be an idiot that ttml doesnt matter ur tracks r garbage. Were is serato in all this to bac u up.. another over seas company fauling short to expand on new ideas rather than beating a dead horse..cause believe me if u buy serato be prepaired to fix ur pc..short of writing script how the hell u record samples without ableton..jw serato ur beating a dead horse with new gear based on djs who think there anything without a daw..vynil is so 50s step yo game up.
dj fat maxx 10:57 PM - 26 January, 2013
How u gonna use my info just to sell it back to me serato speak up. I know u got the bug report for ur bug fixes now bug me back so I can get an idea about giving u more cash so u can sell my hard earned worked for data back to me with flashing lites..blinkys dead already serato
dj fat maxx 11:09 PM - 26 January, 2013
If serato smart crates r so smart y cant I make a rule that says length of track so I can make a sample crate ayyyyyy serato..jw I figured out gow to record but I kbow ur looking at my tracks before I play them..shame on u serato...
forty 12:04 AM - 27 January, 2013
WOW!!

FYI, Serato is based in New Zealand not Australia.

Don't worry, I'm sure us lot mix you up with Canadians all the time.

<FACEPALM>
auttomattik 12:30 AM - 27 January, 2013
Quote:
AutomaTRick call it what u want im great at being me i only mix these days dont need to do back flips and f#8k up the groove to get broke off and personally i do quite well for myself don't need to prove jack to a bunch o cry babies yup i love my controllers and dicers and 1210's and 57 and dim 800 need a tissue lmao.

Quote:
ps if you was that good i would probably kno u other wise your irrelevent. Yup I love top ten it buys me a lot of stuff.

Quality comeback for sure. You have a complex bro. Why do you feel the need to prove yourself, what you do, what equipment you own etc... I just pointed out the obvious. So, I apologize that you got your "controller mix only dj" feelings hurt. And just for the record, I never spoke once about what I use, what I play, or what I do. But it sure sounds like your about to blow, kid. Keep up the good work.
dj fat maxx 12:39 AM - 27 January, 2013
Auttomatik seems to be another serato net banger oops looks like u crashed again... fml bro for the record im a ugk artist and I keep it 100 how about u..
dj fat maxx 12:40 AM - 27 January, 2013
Forty australia new zealand same shit basically. But still wich one of use work for serato.. r u a true american who wants whaT u paid for or u just a bandwagoneer..
dj fat maxx 12:44 AM - 27 January, 2013
U smell belts burnin who uses vynil..except for stability...shame on serato hope rane joins ableton
forty 1:03 AM - 27 January, 2013
Quote:
Forty australia new zealand same shit basically. But still wich one of use work for serato.. r u a true american who wants whaT u paid for or u just a bandwagoneer..

Sure.

America, Canada - same shit.

China, Japan - same shit.

Good luck with your incoherent rants.
Edinei 1:09 AM - 27 January, 2013
Boa opção pros iniciantes, mas Dj que é Dj usa Mk2
dj fat maxx 1:45 AM - 27 January, 2013
Forty u must be 12 does anythong u say matter or u just a waist of space like serato equipment.
will22 1:50 AM - 27 January, 2013
The is a difference between every country .... fat max . You show your nationality very clear .
will22 1:52 AM - 27 January, 2013
Sorry serato admins please wipe my comment . I'm showing my ignorance by highlighting others .
dj fat maxx 1:53 AM - 27 January, 2013
Will obviously ur a looser cause u didnt say anythingabout serato..ur foreign country shows iits worth. By serato selling newer equipment doesnt make the fact of the matter change ..translate that in eueos dollars or chinks guy.
dj fat maxx 1:54 AM - 27 January, 2013
Ps... dont net bang if it gotta be deleted @willbur
dj fat maxx 1:59 AM - 27 January, 2013
Serato = slavery just on a diffrent level..they should offer health care for this P.O.S. product.
auttomattik 2:07 AM - 27 January, 2013
Quote:
Auttomatik seems to be another serato net banger oops looks like u crashed again... fml bro for the record im a ugk artist and I keep it 100 how about u..
dj fat maxx 2:11 AM - 27 January, 2013
U 100 cause u broke fool I stay infinite...like the crashes in serato
forty 2:11 AM - 27 January, 2013
Quote:
Forty u must be 12 does anythong u say matter or u just a waist of space like serato equipment.

The person who can't spell, use grammer or correctly structure a sentence is calling someone else a child?

WOW again!

You've made several incorrect assumptions in your myriad of posts in this thread. No one is going to take you seriously if you continue like this.
dj fat maxx 2:14 AM - 27 January, 2013
Its not a problem joto I dont take serato seriously anymore they say one thing and do another.. this aint a english class its a forum... the only thing real here is about traktor. Forty u prolly one of them downsydrome kids cause u gotta quote everything.
dj fat maxx 2:15 AM - 27 January, 2013
Oops downsyndrome...spell check not available. Kinda like ur tracks in serato.
forty 2:15 AM - 27 January, 2013
Grammar.... Bloody iPad!!

Yes, I see the irony in my post!! HAHA!!
dj fat maxx 2:16 AM - 27 January, 2013
Foety u one of those hedge fund kids wit no life huh..jw
dj fat maxx 2:17 AM - 27 January, 2013
Who would of thought serato is more white collar then blue.:(
dj fat maxx 2:18 AM - 27 January, 2013
Well if u was in my country we gotta way of dealing with peckerwoods who deciet and lie..wann see
dj fat maxx 2:20 AM - 27 January, 2013
Big ups to mitch and serato thanks for living up to your stereo type.
dj fat maxx 2:21 AM - 27 January, 2013
All about the profit..when u see this run to traktor..
forty 2:22 AM - 27 January, 2013
Quote:
Forty u prolly one of them downsydrome kids cause u gotta quote everything.

WOW for the third time.

If I reply without a quote, then who am I replying to? This is an open forum is it not?

Look, your NS7 is going to get Serato DJ support soon and for free.

Is SSL or ITCH bug free? Of course not. Does it crash like you're making it out to? Definitely not.

If you think Traktor is bug free, you're gonna be in for a big surprise. I own them all. The grass isn't always greener.

Keep us all posted on how that law suit pans out.
dj fat maxx 2:26 AM - 27 January, 2013
My grass stay green cause I yry before I buy.. u should say serato wont crash on mac..because for a fact it did. Pc is even worse. Fote ur must be a rich kid if u own em all wich leads me to believe ur a rich pekerwood without a cause..try breast cancer fool.
auttomattik 2:28 AM - 27 January, 2013
Quote:

I guess I should respond but I have no idea what your saying? Anyway, at least you keeps it 100, right? Hopefully with a little punctuation and spell check we can understand you next time, fattie.

I'm a nobody bro, DJing for too long to even keep doing it. Sometimes, I feel I'd rather get kicked in dick repeatedly than do some of the gigs I take. But I gotta eat. Is it the thread I chose or the thread that chose me? I hate DJing even more after reading and writing on this forum.

But before I had these stupid posts, my point was to all the SSL users to voice there displeasure with Serato and the choices they're making. That's it. So I'm going to try to keep it to that. Peace.
dj fat maxx 2:28 AM - 27 January, 2013
Its a shame the masses still taking advantage to get ahead.forry what did ur people ever atruggle for or through jw..
dj fat maxx 2:31 AM - 27 January, 2013
Auttomatik u sound like this broke crakhead ismus the alkamist. 4 kids with no job wondeeing whats next..your not a dj ur just a banwagoneer..
dj fat maxx 2:32 AM - 27 January, 2013
Too much breast milk leads to seratoism
auttomattik 2:33 AM - 27 January, 2013
I was wrong. We still can't understand you.
forty 2:35 AM - 27 January, 2013
Quote:
My grass stay green cause I yry before I buy..

As do I.

Quote:
u should say serato wont crash on mac..because for a fact it did. Pc is even worse.

Did I say it didn't crash?

Quote:
Fote ur must be a rich kid if u own em all wich leads me to believe ur a rich pekerwood without a cause..

No. I work hard and earn money with the gear I purchase. In my line of work, it pays to know how to use all the tools available.

Quote:
try breast cancer fool.

Yeah.... I'm out....
auttomattik 2:41 AM - 27 January, 2013
Quote:
Auttomatik u sound like this broke crakhead ismus the alkamist. 4 kids with no job wondeeing whats next..your not a dj ur just a banwagoneer..

Huh? Still waiting. And why are you on this thread? Serato has its issues but not nearly like you are claiming. I think there is a thread about how much Traktor you can fit down your throat without gagging that you'd be really interested in on the NI site.
dj fat maxx 2:41 AM - 27 January, 2013
In ur line of work they muat not be racist cause alotta club owners around here are. Kid step yo game up cause when I see u its peace remember.
dj fat maxx 3:00 AM - 27 January, 2013
its a shame serato doesnt open its source to bedroom djs. If your not in the clique ur not gonna get anywere with serato.serato dj isnt what i bought when i got itch but i sure feel its a better product. just a shame that it took all my data to make it. try your bullshit somwere else traktor or anything else that u buy should work better than serato..ps automatik bridge still crashing too. enjoy when they make vynil obselete.. or was that a lie too
forty 3:00 AM - 27 January, 2013
OK, I said I was out but I have to ask - WTF does race have to do with anything in this thread?

Why are you hurling insults at people anyway?

This started as a NAMM announcements thread and you turned it into this? Gotta love forums....
dj fat maxx 3:04 AM - 27 January, 2013
well forty put a pic up then lets talk race. cause serato felches ur ass dont mean others enjoy smoke or jizz. when paying 1299.99 for a product. but maybe ur one of those djs that shows up to the club charging 400. and leave with a 60.$ but its ok im sure ur hedge fund pays for your gear.
Thaught 3:04 AM - 27 January, 2013
AIFF files are the only ones that crash serato, I just had a bag experience with this and was told by a friends that these types of files with crash the software. When you put the disk in open it in your "Finder" or "my computer" and view it as a list to make sure they are not AIFF files if they are open in itunes and convert them before putting them into serato and you shouldn't have any move trouble.
Quote:

2.2 still for me.
dj fat maxx 3:09 AM - 27 January, 2013
Aiff shouldnt be a problem. But it is thats the point serato has a drop down in its menu to save files. Dont matter wich way u save em untill serato approves and or records ur track so there internal byters can mash it..it wont be able to play till then..very miasleading id say. Ever wonder y serato has a log of what u play..its obviously not for our benefit..crashmatic
Thaught 3:13 AM - 27 January, 2013
Wow.... AIFF files are mos definitely a problem, serato will crash if you try to play them through a disk. I'm not sure you're "serato steals mash ups" theory holds much water. If that where the case they would need a warehouse of people looking at every serato djs history deciding what they did or didnt use in a mix........ Sounds pretty dumb to me.
forty 3:16 AM - 27 January, 2013
Quote:
well forty put a pic up then lets talk race.

I don't need to put a pic up. I'll tell you. I'm white.

I still fail to see the point and why it was raised to start with. I truly am baffled.

Quote:
cause serato felches ur ass dont mean others enjoy smoke or jizz. when paying 1299.99 for a product.

Riiiiight....

Quote:
but maybe ur one of those djs that shows up to the club charging 400. and leave with a 60.$ but its ok im sure ur hedge fund pays for your gear.

No, I'm one of those DJ's that probably charges more than others and leaves with the exact amount I invoiced for.

Like I said earlier, I work an awful lot to pay for the tools I need to use in my profession. You seem to harp on about hedge funds and the like. Do you not earn money with your equipment or is it purely a hobby?

BTW, in the grand scheme of things, the NS7 is quite inexpensive compared to other equipment in this industry.
dj fat maxx 3:16 AM - 27 January, 2013
The truth is the lite if u dont know how to work ur software sell yo shit.
forty 3:20 AM - 27 January, 2013
Quote:
AIFF files are the only ones that crash serato, I just had a bag experience with this and was told by a friends that these types of files with crash the software. When you put the disk in open it in your "Finder" or "my computer" and view it as a list to make sure they are not AIFF files if they are open in itunes and convert them before putting them into serato and you shouldn't have any move trouble.
Quote:

2.2 still for me.

It's not AIFF files per se, it's the CD in your computer. This is a documented problem that appears to be fixed in an upcoming release of SSL.

OS X presents the CD as AIFF files when loaded into your Mac, but it is a standard CD. you can load any AIFF file form your hard disk into SSL and it won't crash. The crashing is due to the reading of the files from the disc.

I'd stay on 2.2 as well if I were you. The CD crashing thing isn't the only bug in the newer version. There's others which, although not show stoppers, are frustrating and could hinder your performance.
auttomattik 3:39 AM - 27 January, 2013
Fattie you are really scary. I'm just a lowly dj not lying about anything. I use turntables with control vinyl and real vinyl. Honest sir, I promise. Just please don't threaten me or hurt me. You're the greatest bedroom dj in the world, honest. I promise. Just please no more threats. I fear forum fights so so much. Especially with scary bedroom dj's such as yourself. I didn't lie to you sure and I'm sorry I made fun of your lack of punctuation, sentence structure and spelling. And I promise I love whatever race you are.

Sarcasm is a motherfucker.

I'm glad we ruined this thread. Damn, it always happens.
will22 3:57 AM - 27 January, 2013
I wonder if serato listened to any of this thread ?
auttomattik 4:04 AM - 27 January, 2013
Not after that Fattie dude started writing.
forty 4:05 AM - 27 January, 2013
Unfortunately, only about 20% is relevant to them, unless they think inane dribble and law suit threats make for good feature suggestions.

This could have been a good thread for people to praise the new NAMM offerings and/or offer criticism in what appears to be a lack of SSL love. Unfortunately, it's been derailed into the above train wreck.

I find it off they don't mention the NS7-II in the header. That was the best Serato related announcement at NAMM. Maybe it's because it's not shipping for a while.
Code:E 4:21 AM - 27 January, 2013
It ridiculous all the guys on this thread talking about turntables like there will never be anything as good. Stop beating this horse it died like 4 years ago. I started on turntables 10 years ago. But i dont wont use them anymore because of there limitation. Mathematicians all use calculators now, the abacus still works and still does a good job but theres a reason on why calculators are the norm. Get over it, Digital DJ controllers whether they be All-In-ones or CDJ Style are the norm now. Dont expect support for your discontinued analog audio devices forever.
auttomattik 4:37 AM - 27 January, 2013
Quote:
It ridiculous all the guys on this thread talking about turntables like there will never be anything as good. Stop beating this horse it died like 4 years ago. I started on turntables 10 years ago. But i dont wont use them anymore because of there limitation. Mathematicians all use calculators now, the abacus still works and still does a good job but theres a reason on why calculators are the norm. Get over it, Digital DJ controllers whether they be All-In-ones or CDJ Style are the norm now. Dont expect support for your discontinued analog audio devices forever.

Again, people just can't quit. We'll have to agree to disagree. Vinyl will never die. Every evolution of music since its creation hasn't killed it. So why will controller dj's kill it now? Also, what are the limitations if the DVS systems like SSL? They end up having the same capabilities as the controller versions. You're just simply not making sense. If its about carrying something heavier and more set up time than, you win. Other than that, if you play SSL with a Rane 62 you have all the same capabilities as a 2 channel controller.
auttomattik 4:42 AM - 27 January, 2013
All the dj's I respect use a DVS or just vinyl. Maybe I'm one-sided. Every famous dj I see, that look up to plays on turntables. Maybe that's EDM vs everything else. Or US vs. everywhere else. I don't know.
will22 6:30 AM - 27 January, 2013
Most pro Dj's use cdjs with traktor/serato and a controller for effects sampling . But totally agree with auttomattik that you can do everything with dvs that controllers do ... It's just bigger !
Dj Farhan 9:47 AM - 27 January, 2013
what with these paid upgrades now!~
Dax 10:10 AM - 27 January, 2013
Quote:

i hear what your saying,but if you turned up with a all in one controller playing crappy mp3's at the places i work at/go to your get laughed out the venue.in the underground party's in London its all about high end audio i.e funktion one systems,midas desk with the DJ playing vinyl or wav's/aiffs so an all in one controller made by a company who makes cheap entry level bedroom mixers just aint going to cut it in the pro audio world.
Lawrence 12:05 PM - 27 January, 2013
Quote:
Wow.

+1 same
wicked223 12:42 PM - 27 January, 2013
Do they come with free back
issues of Kids Bop too?
dj fat maxx 3:57 PM - 27 January, 2013
I leave asshole like jason webb in the dust and white boys with hedge funds and no truwe value for money.. u only respect the sjs that have systems that work..wow ur obviously still a novis to technology lil boy. Boe ur a pusse so ots typical ur still defending a bs product when u dj at the strip which is one of the worst strip club so serato prolly works for your tweaker ass ..
dj fat maxx 3:58 PM - 27 January, 2013
Serato is garbage because they dont make a software that works out the box. Lets try giving people what they paid for.. stop bullshitting serato
dj fat maxx 4:00 PM - 27 January, 2013
Aiff files work if recorded in serato. Ableton aiff dont work and crash. This is not the only problem they have check ur foryms near u.
auttomattik 4:52 PM - 27 January, 2013
Check this Fattie, so you actually know what your talking about when you mention hedge funds. I think "trust fund" would be a better needle to us rich white guys. That's how I got all my gear, after all.

beginnersinvest.about.com
hologram 5:19 PM - 27 January, 2013
Good lord pass the popcorn.
This forum never misses a beat.
Every year some company introduces new stuff and every year people cry about how DJing is becoming too easy.
dj fat maxx 5:25 PM - 27 January, 2013
Everybody knows u white boys aint got no rythim better maker ur computer keep the beat so u can suc on mamas tt at at ur show.
dj fat maxx 5:29 PM - 27 January, 2013
Most djs that use serato record there show in ableton first anyways. Ableton the bridge which crashes ur pc has proven y serato is not the product of choice try rebuilding ur gui a few times so u can get all the glitches out. Sounds like serato is all beta versions of something already done.
dj fat maxx 5:36 PM - 27 January, 2013
Hedge fund or trust fund sounds like allowance to me.. to bad ya parents didnt teach u the value of a dolla
auttomattik 6:19 PM - 27 January, 2013
You're like a cartoon.
daveone 9:05 PM - 27 January, 2013
OKAY SERATO DUDES PERSONALLY (NO MATTER HOW MUCH I LOVE YOUR PRODUCTS) IM THIS CLOSE TO SWITCH TO TRAKTOR ...WHY??? BEACAUS YOUR PAYING TO MUCH ATENTION TO THIS TOYS, AND SL 2,3,4 USERS HAVENT GOT A INTERESTING UPDATE ON OUR SOFTWEAR FOR A VERY LONG TIME, WE ARE THE SERIOUS DJS DOING CLUBS, PARTYS OR WHATEVER WE ARE PAYING SERIOUS CASH FOR OUR EQUIPMENT (TURNTABLES,STANDS,MIXER, COPUTERS ETC) AND ALL I SEE EVERY TIME I ENTER YOUR SITE IS DJINTRO THIS DJ INTRO THAT, NUMARK MIXTRAK THIS AND THAT, PLEASE I KNOW YOU HAVE A MARKET TO COVER BUT IF YOU FORGET US SERIOUS DJS, YOU ARE GONNA LOOSE A LOT OF US SERIOUS DJS... MUCH LOVE FROM MEXICO.
trackmaster868 9:15 PM - 27 January, 2013
Seems like this forum is based people who dj in house whole night, what about we dj's who have like 3 gigs in 1 night, are we to carry 1200's to every gig or use what the club has.. by the way clubs who have guest dj's come in dont use controllers, at least ive never seen it,
Ive grew up on1200's I never used a controller before, but I guess to each its own.
not bashing controllers, but controllers are marketed for portability those people who wanna entertain a family reunion, or friends at a bar-b-que, but because of cost, it has flooded the market, so software developers sees this as a chance to make money..
dj fat maxx 9:18 PM - 27 January, 2013
To bad artist create and djs sample..beats on the brain tgf ableton rite...serato..vynil was from the 50s I believe slavery was still in america.. vynils a great resanpler but true artist make the tracks not break em..
jprime 10:55 PM - 27 January, 2013
Is there some sort of crappy-posting-to-english translator I can use to understand what fatMaxx is raging about?

u post bro hard read forum english broken.
dj fat maxx 1:03 AM - 28 January, 2013
Maybe its the forum ya on dumbass
dj fat maxx 1:04 AM - 28 January, 2013
Serato is garbage cant even build a simplr sampler that is super smart..like its users..
auttomattik 1:46 AM - 28 January, 2013
Quote:

+1000

The best part is he understood that.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 1:58 AM - 28 January, 2013
Wow what an amazing thread. Just to answer a few of the sincere posts regarding SSL - we certainly haven't left SSL out, there will be some really exciting updates for SSL users this year which will prove that I hope :)

Quote:
That's awesome Logan, please get off the forum and go plan something for SSL that will make our jaws drop.

And miss out on all this!? I usually go through the forums in my own time. It's helpful and important to hear what everyone is saying, especially when it's something of concern to our users.
forty 2:10 AM - 28 January, 2013
Quote:
Wow what an amazing thread. Just to answer a few of the sincere posts regarding SSL - we certainly haven't left SSL out, there will be some really exciting updates for SSL users this year which will prove that I hope :)

So how bout that January announcement Martin talked about a couple of months ago?

serato.com
DJ KOLOS 7:16 AM - 28 January, 2013
Hopefully there's a way to remove most of these comments as they do not pertain to the NAMM show. Go complain somewhere else or in private. Us working DJs don't have time to sift through all this bashing.

Just want to thank the guys from Serato that I talked to at NAMM a couple of days ago. Things are coming for us SSL users (yes LATE) but confirmed it with Pioneer as well.
Muzik Hunter 9:02 AM - 28 January, 2013
Exciting updates "THIS YEAR"...................this week would be good lol.
forty 12:06 PM - 28 January, 2013
Quote:
Things are coming for us SSL users (yes LATE) but confirmed it with Pioneer as well.

Really? They openly talked about what was coming? Pioneer?

Hmmmm....

Well, if they did, share away. Clearly it's public knowledge if they're just openly talking about future products/software with trade show attendees.
Mr.Kite 1:46 PM - 28 January, 2013
Quote:

Bad business decision!

+1
Jobushwick 4:09 PM - 28 January, 2013
Wow what a troll fest. Lay off the testosterone people!

I have used Traktor for years and just got Serato DJ.
It's good and will only get more enhanced. Software takes some time to evolve through updates.

Serato could make a better manual of advanced functions and videos tutorials. Some people have a difficult time with handling software and by reading this thread- Many FEAR it.
jprime 5:41 PM - 28 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

+1000

The best part is he understood that.

lulz
dj fat maxx 7:25 PM - 28 January, 2013
No tje serato thieves at namm just sell a bunk product that is incompatibable for djs who controll there own software. Thank god ableton bails them out. Ms pinky is a great product with ableton if your a true fan of working djs..
dj fat maxx 7:27 PM - 28 January, 2013
They also tell lies like upgradable at the namm show. Were is the question???
BJDeejay 8:42 PM - 28 January, 2013
am Still waiting the serato dj for ddjs1...
djchrischip 2:06 AM - 29 January, 2013
no scratch live anything?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 5:03 AM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:
So how bout that January announcement Martin talked about a couple of months ago?

That should read *early 2013 and is still on track.
forty 5:17 AM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:

Ha!

Yeah, I often confuse the word 'early' with 'January'. ;)

Oh well.... (hopefully) better late than never.
n1mbus 11:14 AM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:
THERE IS GOTTA BE A GOOD REASON WHY I SEE ALL KINDS OF NS7 and a bunch of other controllers on craigslist???? I gues they are not working properly Come on serato stop making dumb toys for wanna be dj's

Actually the reason is... like the same reason for the last 30 years.... people spend a bunch of cash on DJ gear, then realize its not so easy and they never get into it and their gear sits there for months on end without use. Eventually they need the money for a thing to make their car go "PISHHHHH"
n1mbus 11:22 AM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:
Hopefully there's a way to remove most of these comments as they do not pertain to the NAMM show. Go complain somewhere else or in private. Us working DJs don't have time to sift through all this bashing.

Just want to thank the guys from Serato that I talked to at NAMM a couple of days ago. Things are coming for us SSL users (yes LATE) but confirmed it with Pioneer as well.

+1 True, good things come those who wait and dont winge. People need to realize this time of years is a bitch for developers, coz of NAMM and 90% of the market now IS CONTROLLERS. SL only has a 4% share of the market so i'm told.. I was shocked too! For Serato to maintain 15% growth (or die) they need to focus development on the core business... which sadly, very sadly, is not timecode dj's anymore. sniff sniff.
monchi 2:42 PM - 29 January, 2013
Its not timecode dj's anymore, then why the sudden relrease of so many new CVs from Serato? I mean more now than maybe a year ago.
DeeSpin 7:26 PM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:

Peace.

I love using turntables, but hate how inaccurate the 1200s are. The 1200s have been notorious for not being accurate, or keeping their speed. If you tell me where you spin, maybe you can give me some tips on how to keep the 1200s in new condition. I personally traded my 1200s for Numarks TT-2 back in '97 and I love them and they work great.
Since the industry is changing, I have made myself flexible to the equipment clubs are offering as part of their house set up. It seems like Pioneer's CDJ-2000 are replacing the CDJ-1000 and 1200 everywhere. I'm not a big name DJ, so I can't afford a crew of 5 guys to help me carry my turntables and crates of records to a club gig. SO for now, I include a couple of thumb drives in my DJ bag along with time code for SSL and Traktor. Don't like to use excuses as to why I can't play anywhere at anytime. I can rock any decks, or controller, but my heart and pasion will always be with a pair of turntables. -Conga Room LA Live, ICON DTLA, Vanguard Hollywood, La Vida Lounge Hollywood, Sharkeys Manhattan, and other SoCal bars.
DeeSpin 7:33 PM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:
Everybody knows u white boys aint got no rythim better maker ur computer keep the beat so u can suc on mamas tt at at ur show.

DJ Z-Trip, DJ Vajra, DJ Revolution, Mix Master Mike, Richard Vision, Bad Boy Bill, DJ Rap. All White, all bad ass, all can school any of us on this post.
auttomattik 8:16 PM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Peace.

I love using turntables, but hate how inaccurate the 1200s are. The 1200s have been notorious for not being accurate, or keeping their speed. If you tell me where you spin, maybe you can give me some tips on how to keep the 1200s in new condition. I personally traded my 1200s for Numarks TT-2 back in '97 and I love them and they work great.

Since the industry is changing, I have made myself flexible to the equipment clubs are offering as part of their house set up. It seems like Pioneer's CDJ-2000 are replacing the CDJ-1000 and 1200 everywhere. I'm not a big name DJ, so I can't afford a crew of 5 guys to help me carry my turntables and crates of records to a club gig. SO for now, I include a couple of thumb drives in my DJ bag along with time code for SSL and Traktor. Don't like to use excuses as to why I can't play anywhere at anytime. I can rock any decks, or controller, but my heart and pasion will always be with a pair of turntables. -Conga Room LA Live, ICON DTLA, Vanguard Hollywood, La Vida Lounge Hollywood, Sharkeys Manhattan, and other SoCal bars.

I've had multiple sets of 1200's for more than 20 years. I've taught myself to work on them and feel I can do all the maintenance on them and I've never had to fix a lack of torque. I've had to recalibrate pitch contorls or replace them all together, put in new power sources, and change full boards. But none of those things were do them not holding there speed. I just simply have never seen it. I'm not saying it doesn't excist, I just have not seen it. I understand all the owners of the alternative turntables need to defend them, but its the simple fact that they are not and never will be the industry stantard. I'm sick of arguing this point, its pretty ridiculous. As far as other formats, I just don't like them. It's not about not being able to use them. Given the choice, and I always have the choice, I'll bring my own 1200's.
dj-freestyle 8:41 PM - 29 January, 2013
@deespin, dude is out of his mind. I got 50 plus djs here in chicago who are white that could smash any dj on anyday period and as fas as im concerned the best dj on the planet period is white. BBB. Period. end of story.
serato6911 9:46 PM - 29 January, 2013
Serato Fo Life....but scratchin is fo show....if thats yo flava mo power to ya...Mixin & matchin beats smoothly is da shitttttt.....
DJ Toney 11:11 PM - 29 January, 2013
+1
DJ COLLINZ 11:40 PM - 29 January, 2013
stop trying to compete with virtual dj and fix ssl please!!!!! ssl crashes running on my mac....not cool at a gig! Remember the product the pros are using....i.e MMM, ztrip, and millions of regular dj like me....do your job so we can do ours!
auttomattik 11:55 PM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:
Serato Fo Life....but scratchin is fo show....if thats yo flava mo power to ya...Mixin & matchin beats smoothly is da shitttttt.....

That's like saying, lead guitar is for show but rhythm guitar is the shit! I mean, its not like you wanna cut all night long but it's the improvisation part of our artform that seperates a lot of djs. I think the whole package is were most djs want to exsist, at least it's that holy grail that I strive to get to. So in my mind, one shouldn't exsist with out the other. Just my opinion.

"What is a Dj if he can't scratch?" - Egyptian Lover
n1mbus 1:14 AM - 30 January, 2013
Quote:
stop trying to compete with virtual dj and fix ssl please!!!!! ssl crashes running on my mac....not cool at a gig! Remember the product the pros are using....i.e MMM, ztrip, and millions of regular dj like me....do your job so we can do ours!

Coz MACs are for homos lol.

... this has been a SSL bashing, SDJ criticizing, Technics debating and racist thread already - just thought i'd throw that one in too.

So, there'e this thing on called NAMM - anyone actually heard of it? Its where all the NEXT SHIT gets shown off.

Wow, surprisingly enough they aren't really big on yesterdays shit. i guess that stuff is in some other post.
Jam-Master Jake 3:34 AM - 30 January, 2013
The above post is SO wrong in so many ways...that's probably why I laughed my ass off at it!
DJ COLLINZ 9:02 AM - 30 January, 2013
So the hell with scratch live users because "there not really big on yesterdays shit". Fine go buy your twitch for your itch, and on down the road when you can't scratch your itch because they're promoting "INTRO DJ" AND NOT YOUR ITCH OR MY SCRATCH MAYBE YOU WILL REALIZE WTF!

.......... UM POST IS LATEST PRODUCTS ..........3 MIDI CONTROLLERS THEY BROUGHT TO NAMM? SHIT I THOUGHT THE WAR WAS OVER
nik39 4:57 PM - 30 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

See... You [forty] should scroll down in that thread:

serato.com

Quote:
Quote:
It's January....any update?

C'mon.. we all know.. "End of year", "Xmas", "Beginning of year", "January" means ... NAMM ;)

And we all know NAMM means:

Not
Available until
Mid
May.
|DJSIGMA| 11:07 PM - 30 January, 2013
man can't wait for the new NS7 MKII glad I waited for something new , and honestly in my opinion I don't think it matters what you use playing music and everyone has there own preference so forget the haters out there , I myself own a VCI-380 it does well for me and might upgrade later on with that NS7II , I like turntables as well because I like to scratch but I guess its within this new generation its more digital now a day and endless possibilites within technology today thank goodness for the Serato Programs :) and for everyone out there that are professional dj and beginner djs keep spinning for the people that are hating why hate because you use to be a beginner to for though never had thought about that I think people should encourage beginner djs and not have people being put down that is my opinion
auttomattik 12:09 AM - 31 January, 2013
Quote:
man can't wait for the new NS7 MKII glad I waited for something new , and honestly in my opinion I don't think it matters what you use playing music and everyone has there own preference so forget the haters out there , I myself own a VCI-380 it does well for me and might upgrade later on with that NS7II , I like turntables as well because I like to scratch but I guess its within this new generation its more digital now a day and endless possibilites within technology today thank goodness for the Serato Programs :) and for everyone out there that are professional dj and beginner djs keep spinning for the people that are hating why hate because you use to be a beginner to for though never had thought about that I think people should encourage beginner djs and not have people being put down that is my opinion

YO, you ever hear of a period? It's punctuation you use to break upn your thoughts so people know what the FUCK your talking about.

I'm so sick of dudes who say they scratch but rock controllers, but like turntables. There is no way that you really cut, like really can scratch using a turntable, but then decided to go with a controller. Nobody in this forum can convince of that. And don't go posting videos of Shortkut or D-Styles on controllers, I've seen em, and they got paid for that shit. And we got enough DJ's, don't encourage anybody new to DJ.

There are way too many shitty DJs in this world. I see way to many dudes get out in front of a crowd, that must have some overwhelming self asteem to not know how bad they are. I remember back in day feeling like I had to polish my shit so tight before I would ever take a gig or perform out live, fuck, even let my friend hear it. Now, you got dudes who bought a controller 3 weeks ago taking paying gigs away from vets. Dudes who couldn't stop drop-outs let alone mix a record.

These threads are full of pussy-ass pansies that encourage people to suck, I'm fucking sick of it. Why don't we get real and tighten our shit? Is this all gonna go away if we don't encourage new people to pick up a cheap controller or play shitty tunes for there lame artsy friends on some app they downloaded on there IPad? Fuck no! Real Djs aren't going anywhere despite what you use.

I hope you all hate this shit too, call me a hater and ask me who I am. Well, I'm nobody. But I've been doing this a long time, and I still practice everyday. For what? I'm not really sure, maybe not to suck like most of the dudes I hear. Fuck, another rant of pure DJ depression, HAHA! Suck a dick, Peace.
forty 2:07 AM - 31 January, 2013
Quote:
snip > Turntable's are best rant.... > snip

HAHA! Suck a dick, Peace.

I prefer turntables as that's what I've grown up and used for close to 20 years.

I can cut on CDJ's, but not as well due to the static player and the vinyl mode is nowhere near as accurate.

BUT.... I did own a V7 and that was extremely accurate and felt EXACTLY like cutting on a 7" 45 pressing using a pair of Technics. I sold that and now have a Denon SC3900 as I wanted to use SSL not ITCH and prefer a larger platter. The SC3900 is amazing. I don't really miss the extra 3" (NH/NM) that much and the response is as accurate as a 1200. For a particular venue I have to play in where using TT's are a nightmare due to wooden floors and bad console setup, this unit has proven to be invaluable.

So whilst your rant is applicable for static jog wheels, it doesn't have anywhere as much merit when it comes to motorised platters on controller/CDJ's.

And I hate posts with no punctuation as much as the next guy, but your post wasn't exactly a Dante Alighieri masterpiece by any means.
auttomattik 2:54 AM - 31 January, 2013
Quote:
And I hate posts with no punctuation as much as the next guy, but your post wasn't exactly a Dante Alighieri masterpiece by any means.

I haven't used the Denon SC3900 yet, they do look impressive. I've played all kinds of venues, gymnasiums, ampitheatures, circus tents etc... I've always found a way to mitigate any sound problems that the turntables may create. I understand with the Denons you don't have the need to worry or fix problems. I'm so attached to my 1200's I find it impossible to every think of changing. I've also been doing this for 22 years, and after that amount of time change doesn't come easy. I'll give the Denons a demo, for sure. But, I can tell you right now, I don't need anymore equipment. I appreciate any vets opinion.

On the other hand, suck a fat dick for the comment above. Angry rants can involve run on sentences, bad grammar and endless swears. Thank you for pointing out that I obviously don't write for a living, at least not as an dj equipment reviewer. Instead, for a living, I do some gigs that make me question why I ever bought a pair of 1200's with the first money I earned from my first job. They're not all awful, but when you're doing a wedding for a couple on their third marriage, while being older then my grandparents, you may start to question your life. You can see where that may be not what I had pictured when I 13, watching the 91 DMC on VHS while I starred at my Gemini mixer wondering, "how the fuck am I going to do THAT?".

I'm so easy to get going. Shit...
forty 4:33 AM - 31 January, 2013
Quote:
I haven't used the Denon SC3900 yet, they do look impressive.

They are. I'm pretty big on the feel of 1200's and purchased this unit myself to bring to the venue so I didn't have to use the CDJ 2000's they had there. Dedication.

Quote:
I've played all kinds of venues, gymnasiums, ampitheatures, circus tents etc... I've always found a way to mitigate any sound problems that the turntables may create.

The problem is, it's not a fixed installation. Anything done to make the turntables less susceptible to vibration would ned to be pulled down at the end of the night and setup agin the following week. I talked to them about floating the decks, and whilst they were receptive, I got the impression it wouldn't be happening anytime soon. And I'm talking 5 people dancing and the deck is gonna jump. Second level wooden floor boards on rafters in a heritage listed building. Hard to isolate decks on that kind of setup.

Quote:
I understand with the Denons you don't have the need to worry or fix problems. I'm so attached to my 1200's I find it impossible to every think of changing. I've also been doing this for 22 years, and after that amount of time change doesn't come easy. I'll give the Denons a demo, for sure. But, I can tell you right now, I don't need anymore equipment. I appreciate any vets opinion.

That's fine. It was more so a post to outline to all the angry people bitching about controllers etc. like it's the end of the world. they're are VERY viable options out there atm for turntablists or even people like me that prefer purely mixing on turntables.

Quote:
On the other hand, suck a fat dick for the comment above.

Yeah... really not necessary but hey, whatever makes you feel better.
auttomattik 4:48 AM - 31 January, 2013
Just having fun, brother.
forty 5:05 AM - 31 January, 2013
Quote:
Just having fun, brother.

Figured as much, but you never know with the 'intanetts'.

Check the Denons though. You'll dig em'.
dj-freestyle 4:40 PM - 31 January, 2013
Watchwww.youtube.com

you know who you are
dj-freestyle 4:42 PM - 31 January, 2013
and i second the denons. I have had all there moving plaatters back to day one and the 3900's are the real deal. period. I think they blow cdjs out the water for true mixing and scratching. I still use my 3700's and my 3900's weekly for gigs.
DJ.Tyme 5:34 PM - 31 January, 2013
well after reading all these post,im just tripping out on all the stuff people have been saying on here. so i decided to add my 2cents!!! 1st off i also come from the (old school) started dj'ing in 1983. started with 2 turntables & a mixer. and for you (new school dj's) we didn't have no waveforms,bpm's,a lcd screen showing how much tyme we had left on the song,ect,ect. we put the record on & entertained the crowd in front of us period!!! BUT as tyme & technology changed, i told myself hey if i don't change with the tyme's. i'll be left behind. plus who in their right mind wants to keep carrying around hella record crates & a heavy ass wooden coffin? so my next gear was = pioneer's (because everybody else had them) well after (1) gig i didn't like the feel of the platter. i wanted something as close to a record as possible. so my next gear was = Denon dn-s3500's and i loved them because i had a real 45 to mix & scratch with. but yes as tyme's change i was looking for a way to NOT to keep carrying all these cd cases to all my gigs. and i'll be the 1st to admit i was one of those guys saying F__k a laptop,that aint a real dj blahh,blahh,blahh.but once i gave it a shot ? why not have (all) my music with me. instead of sitting @ home burning alot of cd's. again who wants to lug around hella cd cases to alot of (Mobile) gigs ? so my next set up is = Numark Ns7. yes its an controller,yes i dj with a laptop. but who cares ? as long as the people who hired me to do a job.wedding,school dance,personal functions.are satisfied & the crowd was happy. why not make things easier ? i told & tell myself why lug around record crates & cd cases ? yes i know now their is bpm's,waveforms,ect,ect. BUT im 100% honest i don't use that crap. i grew up dj'ing with one headphone on one ear & the other listing to my live mix. i see dj's crying about waveform this waveform that.bpm this bpm that. TRY mixing by ear!!!! and yes i did clubs in my local town,but now a days 100% mobile dj. yes i do miss TT.but 2 me it just dont make since to lug 2 TT,mixer,SL1,Sl2,ect,ect,heavey ass coffin/flight case to function to function. Im Not Bashing Anybody Or Anything Just Sharing My 2 Cents.
serato6911 12:58 AM - 1 February, 2013
Can't we all just agree on one thing. Everybody has there own Flava.. no matter who you are. Be it turntables, numark controllers, serato, virtual dj......WHAT EVER!!!!!! if you know what the F....... YA Doin, You can Rock the house, and keep a crowd....So don't hate the players, hate the Game. If ya Can't play Da game get da fk out.....
Jam-Master Jake 1:33 AM - 1 February, 2013
Quote:
Can't we all just agree on one thing. Everybody has there own Flava.. no matter who you are. Be it turntables, numark controllers, serato, virtual dj......WHAT EVER!!!!!! if you know what the F....... YA Doin, You can Rock the house, and keep a crowd....So don't hate the players, hate the Game. If ya Can't play Da game get da fk out.....

+1
DJ.Tyme 4:20 AM - 1 February, 2013
Quote:

+1
auttomattik 4:59 AM - 1 February, 2013
Hate the player and hate the game. I hate writing that even. Hate everything.
DJNemesis831 1:29 PM - 1 February, 2013
Quote:
OKAY SERATO DUDES PERSONALLY (NO MATTER HOW MUCH I LOVE YOUR PRODUCTS) IM THIS CLOSE TO SWITCH TO TRAKTOR ...WHY??? BEACAUS YOUR PAYING TO MUCH ATENTION TO THIS TOYS, AND SL 2,3,4 USERS HAVENT GOT A INTERESTING UPDATE ON OUR SOFTWEAR FOR A VERY LONG TIME, WE ARE THE SERIOUS DJS DOING CLUBS, PARTYS OR WHATEVER WE ARE PAYING SERIOUS CASH FOR OUR EQUIPMENT (TURNTABLES,STANDS,MIXER, COPUTERS ETC) AND ALL I SEE EVERY TIME I ENTER YOUR SITE IS DJINTRO THIS DJ INTRO THAT, NUMARK MIXTRAK THIS AND THAT, PLEASE I KNOW YOU HAVE A MARKET TO COVER BUT IF YOU FORGET US SERIOUS DJS, YOU ARE GONNA LOOSE A LOT OF US SERIOUS DJS... MUCH LOVE FROM MEXICO.

Totally Agree.

AS FOR YOU DJ FATT MAXX:

Your shit is all over the place and i'm not sure how long you have been a DJ for but if it's been long, you sure haven't learned anything about the game....
Sanchero 2:27 PM - 5 February, 2013
I have to agree somewhat with DjNemesis831, I think its a total joke that serato DJ, your flag ship software is available for these completely "low end" controller toys, instead of taking care of your core customer base who have purchased high end PROFESSIONAL grade controllers.

Is this a ploy by serato to lure in more customer's and dj wanna be kids? What ever... Sell these entry level controllers with the entry level software like itch and take care of the real people who made you, the professional djs!!

End of rant...
djchrischip 5:41 PM - 5 February, 2013
Quote:
I have to agree somewhat with DjNemesis831, I think its a total joke that serato DJ, your flag ship software is available for these completely "low end" controller toys, instead of taking care of your core customer base who have purchased high end PROFESSIONAL grade controllers.

Is this a ploy by serato to lure in more customer's and dj wanna be kids? What ever... Sell these entry level controllers with the entry level software like itch and take care of the real people who made you, the professional djs!!

End of rant...

respect

fix serato scratch live or just give it up already
Code:E 7:25 PM - 5 February, 2013
Quote:
respect

fix serato scratch live or just give it up already

I see all of these posts and I'm lost. What is broke? Nothing is the correct answer. yes there might be a bug or 2. And if your on a Cheap PC those bugs might be more prominent but SSL is far from broke.

Now I'm the 1st guy to make noise about how upsetting it is to see Itch and Serato DJ get features and bouns's that Scratch Live users dont get. Biggest of all to me is the Beat Slicer.

And being that I solely use SSL with CDJ2000's in HID mode I might be happier using Serato DJ, but there is no way to currently do this.

Serato has work todo, and needs to step up and UPGRADE there software offerings, but nothing is broken in SSL. Any issues you are having surely come from A. User error B. Bad Hardware
Code:E 7:35 PM - 5 February, 2013
Quote:
Sell these entry level controllers with the entry level software like itch and take care of the real people who made you, the professional djs!!

Itch and Serato DJ maybe support "entry level" but they also support pro level gear (NS7, NS7II, DDJ-sx) Whether you like it or not these are pro level products. And they use serato's "Controller" based software and not there "audio device/soundcard" based software.

Serato does have a entry level software offering and it is not supported by any pro level hardware. Serato DJ intro.

Serato is not doing anything wrong, they are a business, and they are supporting there largest customer base. Nothing wrong with that. Serato has said many times that are different times working on each piece of software, whether thats true or not we dont know and never will, so we must assume that it is fact without evidence to the contrary.
serato6911 8:00 PM - 7 February, 2013
Get A Mac.
serkan 8:24 PM - 12 February, 2013
I can understand what Serato is doing to be honest. Put out as many DJ Intro controllers out there as possible, charge 'em $129, and invest all the money into Scratch Live and ITCH users.

So to all the kiddos out there:
BUY ALL THESE SHINY TOYS!!!
MAKE YOUR FRIENDS, PARENTS & GRAND PARENTS BUY THIS SH*T!
BUY! BUY! F***IN' BUY!!!

:)
huihoo 11:09 AM - 9 March, 2013
Great,
Phuture2 3:54 PM - 24 March, 2013
How about fixing the bugs with Serato DJ with large libraries!!!!!!!
chesterjackson1950@hotmail.com 5:39 AM - 9 May, 2013
I purchased Serato Scratch Live III for $699.00 years ago, believing I was stepping up dj game and would have no more equipment issues. With the updates and the way Serato has been working, we all have been royally screwed without vaseoline.

The latest software update 2.4.4 Mac. Serato Scratch Live III, is crap. I picked up Numark Mixdeck Quad controller thinking it would help lighten my load as well as play Serato software. It is absolutely useless trying to use Serato SL III with the Numark Mixdeck Quad.

I’ve downloaded Serato DJ 1.2... a 14- day trial software. Why would I $99.00 for this crap after already spending $699.00 SL III. In the mean time, I'm the "proud" owner of a controller I can’t play using software I purchased. I'm still screwed with nothing to play gigs with consistently. I now must revert back to my Denon DNS-5000s and X1500 mixer) to perform gigs.

I loaded Serato DJ Intro. It has limited functionality with the Mixdeck Quad. After buying Serato and the Mixdeck Quad, what can I use with this controller and not have to lug tons of cd’s? I flushed good money down the drain and have gotten a boom deal by Serato.

Take care of your customers that gritted out the $700 years ago. It's called good customer service. Charging $99.00 for Serato DJ 1.2 is absolutely ridiculous. My Traktor DJ buddies are laughing now saying (I told you not to go Serato). They have no issues performing with Traktor. Hate to say it, but I'm considering jumping ship to Traktor, if for nothing else, my sanity. Serato has showed/proved they care nothing about their loyal customers... it's new business they're after.
Code:E 5:59 AM - 9 May, 2013
Fixed
Quote:
The latest software update 2.4.4 Mac is great! and is much more stable than a lot of other recent updates

Quote:
I picked up Numark Mixdeck Quad controller thinking it would help lighten my load as well as play Serato software. It is absolutely useless trying to use Serato SL III with the Numark Mixdeck Quad.

Well that was silly of you to think that. Its a low end controller how would it help you.

Quote:
I flushed good money down the drain and have gotten a boom deal by Serato.

Why blame serato for you not researching before you buy. You where wrong on the way you thought the gear would function and thats totally ok. This is why we by from stores with return policy's. And the Numark works great, serato's software works the way it should, but you unhappy withthe mix deck, so maybe you issue lies with Numark and not serato.
Quote:
Take care of your customers that gritted out the $700 years ago.

Why? $700 years ago does them no good now. Plus you really think serato got all that money NO. rane took most of it. You bought a really nice sound card that comes with Serato software. The software is maybe $150 of that 700.
Quote:
Charging $99.00 for Serato DJ 1.2 is absolutely ridiculous.

Trackor has a few different versions also and make you pay to upgrade, so does ableton and virtual DJ, and pretty much everyone.
nik39 6:12 PM - 9 May, 2013
Chester, lot of rambling, and no explanation what exactly does not work for you.
Dj Poole 7:33 PM - 12 February, 2014
Word of caution.... when you purchase Serato DJ for certain controllers... you are limited to 2 activations.... I learned the hard way... beware!
Code:E 9:22 PM - 12 February, 2014
Quote:
Word of caution.... when you purchase Serato DJ for certain controllers... you are limited to 2 activations.... I learned the hard way... beware!

So dont try and give your copy away to your friends because thats illegal.
Dj Poole 9:50 PM - 12 February, 2014
Before you comment son... choose your words carefully!

I have several systems including SL3, SL4 and DDJ-SX
Just purchased a We-go for a small compact backup to the DDJ-SX and went to install and found out I could only open 2 activations...

Been in business for 25 years... (had an AVLA license before you was born) and why the hell would anyone give anything to the competition!
Code:E 9:54 PM - 12 February, 2014
Quote:
Been in business for 25 years... (had an AVLA license before you was born) and why the hell would anyone give anything to the competition!

Well unless you count years in differently than the rest of Canada no you haven't. And I never said you gave it to the competition.
Dj Poole 10:04 PM - 12 February, 2014
Canada 1976 via CDJA and I believe that you said... quote "So don't try and give your copy away to your friends because that's illegal" and I said before you comment son... choose your words carefully! Making false accusations... lawyers love it
Dj Poole 10:42 PM - 12 February, 2014
Sorry if I sound like an ass.... I get defensive when someone I don't know makes accusations...
dj-freestyle 4:18 PM - 13 February, 2014
you dont need the license for any of the rane products so how did you use it up woth only one product you need it for?