Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

NO OUT PUT FROM HEADPHONE

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
SALVETTE 4:24 PM - 16 January, 2013
HI, I HOPE YOU CAN HELP, SOMETIMES THERE IS A CD THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL NOT READ AND I WANT TO USE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER BUT WILL NOT PLAY
Sparksta 5:58 PM - 16 January, 2013
WTF?
Sparksta 6:00 PM - 16 January, 2013
you want the media player on the headphones?

i dont understand you.

but capslock all the way is not nice ;)
SALVETTE 6:07 PM - 16 January, 2013
SEE WHEN I PLAYING SOMETIMES. SOMEBODY CAMES WITH A CD AND I WILL PUT IT IN THE LAPTOP AND SERATO WILL NOT RECOGNIZED WHAT IT IS. USUALY WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER WILL READ BUT WHILE THE SOFTWARE IS ON WILL NOT WORK! THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN!
SALVETTE 6:10 PM - 16 January, 2013
sorry for the capslock!
Sparksta 6:19 PM - 16 January, 2013
ah so its not about the headphone?

so you click play in media player it starts but you have no sound?
SALVETTE 6:25 PM - 16 January, 2013
It will not even stat says something about not able to play but it will play if the software is off!
Sparksta 6:33 PM - 16 January, 2013
tried different player?

tried also selecting the sx as windows soundcard?

otherwise im out not a windows user sorry
SALVETTE 6:37 PM - 16 January, 2013
I guess a can try Itunes! thanks again!
SALVETTE 5:20 AM - 17 January, 2013
That did not work it sais something about a codec on windows media player and in Itunes it just not go to play i don't know what to do?
Serato, Support
David Wood 10:01 PM - 23 January, 2013
Hey SALVETTE,

Do you want the CD to play via iTunes or Media player through your DDJ-
SX or computer speakers?

Regards
Dave W
Shumi 8:52 PM - 24 January, 2013
WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

No seriously, serato dj will not enable you to play sound from the windows media player while your sx is connected and turned on. I would recommend you just search for the songs inside serato and simply play them on one of those decks.
SALVETTE 10:11 PM - 24 January, 2013
See this is the deal sometimes when I'm playing in a gigand this is happening nore than onece
somebosy came with a audio cd and while im playing i will put it on my laptop and serato will not recognized so will not read it! so i try to open windows media player and when i want to play it says somethig abut a codec ovously i have and extra 3.5 conector that goes to my 4th input on the ddj-sx also i have tried itunes and no luck but if i unpluge the ddj-sx via usb will work fine any help?
SALVETTE 10:26 PM - 24 January, 2013
to dave W : true 3.5 headphone to mixer
Serato, Support
David Wood 10:30 PM - 24 January, 2013
What is this error codec?

Quote:
to dave W : true 3.5 headphone to mixer

Could work, sounds like another issue which is causing you to have problems but it's computer related not really Serato DJ related.
SALVETTE 10:42 PM - 24 January, 2013
Because i tried itunes and also is not working you press play and never plays.
Serato, Support
David Wood 10:46 PM - 24 January, 2013
not sure i understand you answer. Could you please tell me what the error code was?
SALVETTE 11:19 PM - 24 January, 2013
it says " codec "error on windows media player any other player that you recomend?
Serato, Support
David Wood 11:24 PM - 24 January, 2013
Not really, maybe do a google search on codec errors with media player. Maybe you can find some reason why it's not playing from your normal soundcard. Does it happen when DDJ-SX and Serato DJ is not connected. ?
SALVETTE 6:40 PM - 26 January, 2013
When serato is on or off will play fine only when the ddj-sx is conected i have the probleem!
Asu 4:09 AM - 29 January, 2013
This must be a hardware conflict issue then...may be your onboard sound card deactivates on SX connection? your software maybe looking for the deactivated sound card.

select SX as the default sound card,reboot and figure out what channel audio will come out of...then switch back after your gigs...or get a Mac when u get a chance...i play iTunes lists all the time with the SX connected :-)
Sparksta 6:42 PM - 29 January, 2013
@ asu

thats what i guessed its simply not playing because it doesnt know where to put the audio out...

because the sx is connected.
is it working without the sx connected?
SALVETTE 1:53 AM - 30 January, 2013
yes it does!