Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ-SX Sold: Ended up with 2 CDJ-2000Nexus & 1 Pioneer DJM-900Nexus

Dominic Carterâ„¢ 5:27 PM - 14 January, 2013
With the route I've been taking with DJing I decided to just end up getting 2 CDJ2000Nexus with a pioneer DJM-900Nexus mixer. While this was definitely not as budget conscious as the DDJ-SX that I've sworn by...I had to be realistic in my decisions to "train" myself on the digital platform. After having over a decade of experience on turntables there were instances where I would be required to use CDJs instead of my usual weapon of choice (Technics 1200s). I grew up as a scratch DJ & have usually made that my priority when choosing equipment. "But Can I Cut On It Though?" First question I always ask. I've seen a lot of gear like the Numark CDX, HDX, NS7, & even the Denon SC3900 have a TON of potential in taking over the market but as we all know the world swears by it's industry standards - Pioneer & Technics. But that's a completely different story. The digital platform simply does a better job in the club environment in terms of acoustic feedback/vibration etc. I bought the DDJ-SX thinking that it would "prepare" me & allow me to get used to the digital platform of real CDJs. Did it? Yes. It made me grow fonder of having the "real thing" as well. I figure I need to actually get accustomed to using what "the world" uses since I play here & internationally. While it's hard to justify the amount for the entire setup compared to the affordable DDJ-SX there are still advantages that I see personally & in general relation to DJing at home/mobile vs the nightclubs. It will also pay for itself in the long run. The hardware effects of the DJM-900 in my opinion outdo the DDJ-SX / izotope / serato effects in terms of intuitiveness & overall sound. The bigger platter feels a lot better, etc. The DDJ-SX is in my opinion the best controller on the market. Hands down, eyes closed, without question. I'm pretty sure I'll buy another one in the future strictly for mobile/private gigs just because of its lightweight all in one offering that compares to nothing else. Even did my NYE gig with over 1,000 people in attendance with the controller. I will be waiting to see what all these technology shows announce: NAMM, BPM, etc. I know the future may have usb, full scratch live, & rekordbox capability. Until then I am embracing HID mode (not available yet on the CDJ2000Nexus), normal scratch live functionality, & rekordbox.

P.S. wanted to thank everyone here because my little mixtape practice video on the DDJ-SX has almost hit 20,000 views ( Watchwww.youtube.com ) . Crazy demand for the beautiful product. I'll be watching & waiting to see what the future of the "next" controller will be or what future software updates allow. Enjoy the DDJ-SX, embrace it, & tear it up on that little thing! We all I know I'll be back on that thing or future equivalent. I'll be lurking no doubt. Lol
pdidy 8:04 PM - 14 January, 2013
"Quote: This is a question only you can answer. Its like asking do you need a high end BMW or would a honda be ok ? Me personally, I appreciate the finer things in life, How about you ?

So ask yourself, do just need to get from point A To B or do you need to do it with class, style and high quality. But if you cant afford it, its all just a moot point.

Quote: The industry standard setup these days are 2 CDJ2000s & a pioneer DJM-900Nexus/800 mixer.

Whats the point of "industry standards" if you don't intend on making your personal setup the same."

I think you made the wise choice.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:42 PM - 14 January, 2013
Congrats on the purchase.
Dave The One 11:58 PM - 14 January, 2013
The CDJ's are and will always be incredibe for mixing. There's nothing wrong with making your decision based on the fact that you play at venues with permanent installations of djm and cdj's.

I have the budget for two cdj 2000nexus and a djm2000nexus but i'm holding off they need to come down 700-1000 on each piece; I have the luxury of practicing at a venue during the week when it's not open to the public and they have an sl3, macbook pro, cdj's, technics and a urei 1620. Theres a ttm on the floor; not sure which model and a denon 3500 i believe.

I have the ddj sx and am in heaven. It's everything I imagined it would be and then some. Namm should be exciting with all the new gear and what not.

I do envy you, you have acquired amazing gear.
deejdave 3:54 AM - 17 January, 2013
Sup Buddy Boy. I'm glad you went with the CDJ's. I have a pair of 900's w DJm mixer and the DDJ-sx as well but like you I will probably just end up w 2000 nexus pair. I only hope they don't come out w something new 6 months after I make the purchase. My question for you is the Pioneer DJ hoodie w the logo on the sleeve................ WHERE?!?!? I need one ASAP. Two options here 1.)just let me know ehere u got it or 2.) just pack yours up and I'll give you an address LOLOL. Seriously though any help would be appreciated............ nice scratching BTW.
MusicDan 6:23 AM - 19 January, 2013
I want one too...
Dave The One 9:08 PM - 19 January, 2013
They don't sell the shirts; you have to go to namm or one of their seminars and they give them away for free.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:09 PM - 20 January, 2013
Or just search eBay......
deejdave 7:51 PM - 20 January, 2013
yeah I never thought of that. or......... I couldn't find it there or anywhere else online which is why I asked. eBay only has the boring goodies with "pioneer DJ" across the chest but no other graphics/logos.
Dave The One 8:26 PM - 20 January, 2013
Pioneer pro dj has a Facebook page; they make announcements about where they are promoting and had some sick hoodies with pioneer branding and the outline of a turntable; I'll see if I can find a pic; it was really nice. Turntablelab.com has nice gear and amazon too (yoda dj hoodies).
Dave The One 12:25 AM - 21 January, 2013
Check these out....

apps.facebook.com
DJ Nojoke 5:08 PM - 6 February, 2014
You might already know about this new Pioneer product but check it out anyways!

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:41 PM - 7 February, 2014
Year old post sheesh!