DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Numark fires a shot in the dark 1/24/2013 the next revolution in Djing?

Dave The One 4:42 PM - 10 January, 2013
www.numark.com

Your thoughts?
djdannyd 4:47 PM - 10 January, 2013
numark, blah
Mike_P 5:13 PM - 10 January, 2013
NAMM hype. Yawn
jprime 5:21 PM - 10 January, 2013
modular cdj like controller
Dave The One 5:42 PM - 10 January, 2013
Nope!

youtu.be

I'm saying it's the mpc dj. And an in the box solution for DJ'ing. MPC DJ software. Will allow you to work live; produce on the fly.

Mixtape feature; what i've been begging for from serato.

Watch the video from last year and listen.
phatbob 6:08 PM - 10 January, 2013
That MPC thing will never happen. Mark my words. An ergonomic disaster.

Looking at the artwork, my guess is a static platter device with 4 pads above and 4 below it. I doubt very much that layout would be practical to use with the larger spinning platters they have now.

And in any case, just to reiterate, there won't be any new spinning platter devices from any manufacturer at NAMM. The market has spoken. When even Denon have gone static with their last release, you know the battle is over.
Dave The One 6:14 PM - 10 January, 2013
I beg to differ; I'm predicting a much different design from last years video. Numark is making clear it's a revolution; it's their own ITB DJ hardware and software. I'm sure it's the Mpc DJ; watching the video they explain the concept.

Again I'm predicting a slicker redesigned middle panel with line led's (what a joke if not)
and platters will remain spinning platters. They might even move the pads and it may look like the DDJ SX. I'm sticking to my gut; It's the mpc dj.
phatbob 6:39 PM - 10 January, 2013
I absolutely disagree. But that's the fun part of speculation. ;-)
Dave The One 7:10 PM - 10 January, 2013
lol phatbob; u kill me bro!

Updates are in the air. Ableton live software is dirt cheap with free upgrades to live 9; push controller is coming out; maybe a new apc (the apc 40 is 200.00 now) and now Numark/Akai.

If this is some hey IOS 6 is a cool dj/music making tool revolution; I will come back here and vomit!
dj-freestyle 7:16 PM - 10 January, 2013
Ok slow your roll with dirt cheap. 358 is still alot of money lol lol
phatbob 7:19 PM - 10 January, 2013
Quote:
lol phatbob; u kill me bro!

Updates are in the air. Ableton live software is dirt cheap with free upgrades to live 9; push controller is coming out; maybe a new apc (the apc 40 is 200.00 now) and now Numark/Akai.

If this is some hey IOS 6 is a cool dj/music making tool revolution; I will come back here and vomit!

The way Numark/Akai/Alesis have been going lately I'd say that if the MPCDJ does appear, it's FAR more likely to have an iPad sat in the middle of it, than be attached to a laptop...
dj-freestyle 7:21 PM - 10 January, 2013
@phatbob, that shit was funny.
DjayRage 7:58 PM - 10 January, 2013
Brought the Numark HDX's as soon as they came out and got left in the dark with ZERO updates or support from Numark with a bunch of bugs and flaws they knew about. Never buying a Numark product again.
dj-freestyle 8:52 PM - 10 January, 2013
Thats not just numark trust me. I get it though. leaves a bad taste. Numark has done some crappy things equipment wise for awhile. The ns6 was the first thing in 15 years i thought was built well enough to let them have my money and i loved it.
DJRemixEnt 10:18 PM - 10 January, 2013
i still dont understand why a controller with 12" spinning platters hasnt been manufactured...
phatbob 10:28 PM - 10 January, 2013
If enough people want to buy something, someone will find a way to sell it to them.

So if nobody is selling a controller with 12" spinning platters... Well... You do the maths.
DJ GaFFle 12:07 PM - 11 January, 2013
Quote:
i still dont understand why a controller with 12" spinning platters hasnt been manufactured...

Because the new-generation doesn't appreciate cutting and scratching. How many new songs have you heard with scratching in them? Give me spinning platters FTW, preferably with 9" or 10" to12" in size.

I predict turntableism sadly becoming a lost art. You got dudes begging these developers for keypads on their controllers over spinning platters. Sad...
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:24 PM - 11 January, 2013
Quote:

Because people who want that will just buy a turntable
DJRemixEnt 12:33 PM - 11 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Because people who want that will just buy a turntable

Yeah true.... im just speaking from the experience i had with my v7s... i really enjoyed those things...but i just wasnt feelin the 7 inch platter.... but i woulda kept them if they were 12".
Dave The One 1:47 PM - 11 January, 2013
The V7/NS7 are amazing controllers. I think the MPC DJ will be an amazing controller/DJ workstation.

People talking about Numark negatively since way back in the day, Akai are under their umbrella now and Akai make amazing sampling drum machine workstations. MPC DJ
I'm in there, spinning platters and all.
J.J. 12:01 AM - 12 January, 2013
Give me 9" (or bigger) spinning direct drive platters like a Denon 3700 or 3900.

8 Akai pressure sensitive pads for Cues, Loops, Slice, Rolls.

Great Upfaders and touch-less (magnetic) crossfader. Pot for Sample Volume. Dedicated Knob for filter. Buttons for Next Loop, Loop In, Loop Out, Reloop, Loop On/Off, Sensor.

Full Serato DJ support.

Numark will have my money.

If you look at the MPC NAMM 2012 video from last year, they talk about creating there own software. Good luck with that Numark. But as for a DJ software, use Serato DJ.
Code:E 12:21 AM - 12 January, 2013
The logo on the planet make me think it has something to do with virtual DJ. I wouldn't be surprised if its just another all-in-one with a new someone funky layout something close to what phatbob 1st suggested and it also the 1st controller for Virtual DJ 8
phatbob 12:34 AM - 12 January, 2013
Quote:
The logo on the planet make me think it has something to do with virtual DJ. I wouldn't be surprised if its just another all-in-one with a new someone funky layout something close to what phatbob 1st suggested and it also the 1st controller for Virtual DJ 8

That's some good thinking there actually.

Let's not forget Numark already rebrand VDJ as their own Cue software... I think you might have nailed it Code:E.
Code:E 12:50 AM - 12 January, 2013
the who mpc thing and knowing what VDJ has already told us of there new software, I would bet with there world wide approach it has something todo with vdj8
Dave The One 2:18 AM - 12 January, 2013
The Mpc DJ is coming just not on the 24th :(
FighteRanger 2:43 AM - 12 January, 2013
Mannnn, IDK...Numark always show their stuff but never release them...Like the Numark X7 for example...Which was announce back in NAMM 2010

When I first saw the Numark X7 in 2010, I was like wowww...Take my money!!!
Code:E 6:51 PM - 16 January, 2013
hummmm........ New picture. instagram.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:09 PM - 16 January, 2013
How bad is it when your big teaser image still makes it look like cheap crap
Dave The One 7:12 PM - 16 January, 2013
That is not an mpc dj.

Could it be a new ableton compatible controller?
DJ GOOK 7:27 PM - 16 January, 2013
there goes the art of djing
phatbob 7:50 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
That is not an mpc dj.

Told ya LOL
Code:E 7:57 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
That is not an mpc dj.

Told ya LOL

It still could be. Numark is not beyond making a controller in a not conventional shape.

Though i think phatbob is right.

I still think this controller could have something doto with VDJ8
Code:E 7:58 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
How bad is it when your big teaser image still makes it look like cheap crap

+1 unfortunately
Dj Shamann 7:59 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:

Here, I found an even better shot

img2-2.timeinc.net
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:06 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

img2-2.timeinc.net

Lol i was just about to post that
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:35 PM - 16 January, 2013
Actually beat you both too it! Just didn't put the picture :)
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:35 PM - 16 January, 2013
^^ on this thread:

serato.com
DJRemixEnt 10:26 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

img2-2.timeinc.net

lmao... i almost spit out my water when i saw that
B3ATdown 2:28 AM - 17 January, 2013
I think it is a controller with pads around the jog wheels. It looks like it in the picture on Instagram, and the picture on the website also supports it. The "o" in coming has pad like dots around lit up. My best prediction is that there are colorful pads that move to the beat around the jog wheels. It's gonna be awesome!
DJ Tracktion 6:13 AM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:

Looks like its gonna be an updated version of Simon...
Dj Miami Heat 7:05 AM - 17 January, 2013
I made a sketch of of how do i think it is going to be like

www.flickr.com

Lets see who gets closer regarding your drawing skills beacause i would have lost already.haha

Please comment what you think about the idea and notmthe drawing please.
Dj Miami Heat 7:10 AM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
I think it is a controller with pads around the jog wheels. It looks like it in the picture on Instagram, and the picture on the website also supports it. The "o" in coming has pad like dots around lit up. My best prediction is that there are colorful pads that move to the beat around the jog wheels. It's gonna be awesome!

U are the guy!!

I looked at ur comment after my sketch.

Making a new one
Dj Miami Heat 8:08 AM - 17 January, 2013
Sketch new- new ns6 - cost 999 - software: akai dj

Campetitor: ddj sx

www.flickr.com

Post your prediction

Bye

Comment
dj-freestyle 3:57 PM - 17 January, 2013
I dont think the pads are in a curve. i think they did that taking the picture with the angle.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:16 PM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
I dont think the pads are in a curve. i think they did that taking the picture with the angle.

I think it is, i think thats the pun on "revolution"
dj-freestyle 5:56 PM - 17 January, 2013
new pic up. platters look interesting
dj-freestyle 5:57 PM - 17 January, 2013
looks like a traktor product
FabulousFrequencies 7:37 PM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
I predict turntableism sadly becoming a lost art. You got dudes begging these developers for keypads on their controllers over spinning platters. Sad...

I'm sure somebody predicted 'just listening' to records was going to become a 'lost art' and cried the first time they heard someone scratching them on purpose. Times change, people move on.

Whatever Numark is up to, I just PRAY for those 300+ post threads from the nuthuggers that say things like 'This is why I think purchasing the Numark xxx-xx is a wise investment!' and the ominous 'MIC output is TERRIBLE!' And then the subsequent 'Numark needs to fix this ASAP!' threads..

- Matt
Dj Miami Heat 8:29 PM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:

I thinknit is. Go to numark.com and the "o" in the word "cOming" represents the pads and the pic in insta also induces that the pads will be up and down around the jog wheels.
Dj Miami Heat 8:33 PM - 17 January, 2013
www.flickr.com

New pic
FabulousFrequencies 8:39 PM - 17 January, 2013
I'll throw in a serious prediction here, since I was just clowning earlier. I predict the biggest 'revolution' of this controller will be it's software interface. I am envisioning more than a joint mpc-numark hardware platform, but rather a software integration. Remember the bridge from Serato? I think you're going to see a DJ software with an integrated DAW system and a controller that will control all of it. That is my .02

- Matt
dj-freestyle 9:20 PM - 17 January, 2013
@matt, that makes sense big time. Since production is huge now it makes sense.
FabulousFrequencies 9:36 PM - 17 January, 2013
Of course, throwing wild guesses and speculation out there like,

1) LCD screen integration w/on board software and no laptop necessary. Ie. MPC w/jogs.
2) This is what happened to the bridge, expect Serato behind the software instead of Atomix.
3) Spinning platters with pads and 'UFO mode' to replace 'disco mode'.
4) Coupon voucher for 3 free 'groupies' that cry out your name during every build.
5) ?

Is always wild and fun. Add yours :)

- Matt
DJ Unique 9:44 PM - 17 January, 2013
I predict a vinyl turntable with midi mappable buttons/pads.
FabulousFrequencies 9:51 PM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
I predict a vinyl turntable with midi mappable buttons/pads.

SO basically the MPC-DJ? It doesn't have needles, but that's what it was IIRC.

- Matt
Papa Midnight 9:52 PM - 17 January, 2013
If we get a newly revised V7 with a larger platter, I'll be quite happy.
Phil G 9:53 PM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:

Code:E, the logo on the planet is the numark logo
Papa Midnight 9:57 PM - 17 January, 2013
instagr.am
Are those jog wheels?

Moving right along.
slimmjimm 10:23 PM - 17 January, 2013
At first I thought the prev picture was more of a fish eye distortion causing the pads to seem rounded, this new pic says I was wrong.

Certainly seem to be small jog wheels. I'm betting it'll be pretty close to the new Pio in terms of layout, albeit with smaller jog wheels, and rounded pads.

Software wise, I haven't a fucking clue.
DJ GaFFle 10:25 PM - 17 January, 2013
No 'sizeable' spinning platter = no go
Papa Midnight 10:45 PM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:

Exactly.
Code:E 10:54 PM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly.

I would bet ZERO spinning platter all in one controllers come out at NAMM and might even get EVER.

I think its time turntable guys except the fact that they are not a large enough part of the consumer base for controller manufatures to look at doing this again.

I very easily could be wrong we will find out in a fee days.
FabulousFrequencies 10:56 PM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly.

But why would they tackle a limited market, with small growth, that's already covered? Anything they are about to unleash has to make business sense, even if it doesn't please the entire audience because you can't please everyone. What they can do is weight costs, overhead, price point, and the most features 'desired' to get all areas satisfied for the largest audience possible. let's face it, for every 1 turntablist born today, 10 controllerists are born. I think the market has produced enough to lure you guys over, and likewise for controllers.

Seeing as how AKAI and Numark are in the same building and always working together, I would think the latest market they will try and crack will be a 'production controller' that will be equally benificial to each company by bringing both classes of interest together. And I hate to break hearts with this statement, and as cool as it would be; I think large spinning platters are a serious cost consideration that would impact an already, and probably rediculous price point on such a project. If both companies pitch in on this AND integrate software, the project probably already has a disgusting overhead to satisfy. That's just my .02 though..

- Matt
slimmjimm 11:06 PM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:

It looks to be the size of a CDJ 400 from my estimation, it also seems to have ridges and a lighted ring, a la the same CDJ 400 as well.

Would be kind of small going by the design, no?
Papa Midnight 12:52 AM - 18 January, 2013
I won't deny that those who may want spinning platters on controllers are a small market in comparison to the rest of the controller market. The sales of the V7 more than proved that. But I appreciated the build quality and the portability as well as the midi interface (and not having to carry turntables and continue to buy CV02's or maintain needles). Hell, I think the NS7 was an excellent feat of engineering. The fact that it still sells at retail for around the same street price it has had since release is a testament to that. I've wondered if there would be a successor. It would seem I'll have to keep wondering longer.

I felt the NS7 and V7 gave a great balance between those who want just controllerism and those who want turntabilism in a portable albeit durable form factor. It certainly did it better than the NS6 in my opinion (My opinion of the NS6 will always remain low till Numark does something about the joke of a pitch resolution that it has).
DJ GaFFle 3:00 AM - 18 January, 2013
Quote:
I felt the NS7 and V7 gave a great balance between those who want just controllerism and those who want turntabilism in a portable albeit durable form factor. It certainly did it better than the NS6 in my opinion (My opinion of the NS6 will always remain low till Numark does something about the joke of a pitch resolution that it has).

I would have stuck with my NS7 if it weren't for the weight and most importantly, the only 7" platter. If that platter was 9 or 10", I'd gladly deal with the weight because the unit has great build quality.

Come on Numark... build an NS10 and THIS TIME, have at least 3 channels (1 for auxillary stuff) and have the effects 'built-in' on the unit instead of an add-on option (ala: NS7FX). All the non button-pusher and knob-twister DJs will buy it... then my discontinued M5G's could truly start collecting Social Security and retire. :-)
Dave The One 4:14 AM - 18 January, 2013
I think it's a Traktor controller, remix deck capable based on the pads colors.
Dave The One 4:34 AM - 18 January, 2013
Or perhaps a Maschine controller, or both Maschine and Traktor controller; either way; I'm prediciting it's a native instruments product.

Akai also posted this on their facebook page a couple of weeks ago; it's a question asking which is your favorite mpc and there's a Maschine in the picture with all of the mpc's.
Check it out.

www.facebook.com!/photo.php?fbid=10151334107868048&set=a.67064998047.71457.67056613047&type=1&theater

So my guess is a collaberation with Native Instruments on either a New Maschine or Traktor controller or both....
Dave The One 4:38 AM - 18 January, 2013
Woops; correct link regarding above post is here.

www.facebook.com
Code:E 6:24 AM - 18 January, 2013
Quote:
The fact that it still sells at retail for around the same street price it has had since release is a testament to that. I've wondered if there would be a successor. It would seem I'll have to keep wondering longer.

Very true! I love the NS7! If they updated it I might put it top of my person list of top controllers above the DDJ-SX.
It did and dose have a few issue's in my opinion. Lack of builtin EXF controls, weight (its too heavy), empty space/lack of extra midi controls or controls for new Serato DJ features.
Quote:
Or perhaps a Maschine controller, or both Maschine and Traktor controller; either way; I'm prediciting it's a native instruments product.

Akai also posted this on their facebook page a couple of weeks ago; it's a question asking which is your favorite mpc and there's a Maschine in the picture with all of the mpc's.
Check it out.

www.facebook.com!/photo.php?fbid=10151334107868048&set=a.67064998047.71457.67056613047&type=1&theater

So my guess is a collaberation with Native Instruments on either a New Maschine or Traktor controller or both....

I disagree. I follow there ads closely because I'm getting my marketing degree and like to compare serato and NI strategies. And from the information i have that most means nothing.

I still think this controller might be for Virtual DJ 8, but it could be nothing than numarks answer to the DDJSX or it could just be nothing cool, just another $400 bestbuy level controller and we are all victims to marketing and not even that clever or cool of marketing.
Dave The One 10:26 PM - 18 January, 2013
^
Well, we can all learn a little something from what is going down. Native Instruments and Numark/Akai are doing some more work together and Maschine may have just entered the picture in some way and is part of the Mpc lineup in that picture....
Code:E 11:04 PM - 18 January, 2013
I think your completely incorrect. I think they where just doing it for information gathering and in a none official way. I think your taking definitions too seriously. MPC is the model of units AKIA makes but its also a definition for a type of device. No a Machine is not part of AKAI's MPC line but it is still a type of MPC for lack of better term. its also a very popular unit along with all of the others in that pictures. They where just looking for opions from there customer base. I can't say that picture in anyway makes me think the 2 company's are working together in anyway. When FORD makes a truck commercial and they are pulling a GM out of the mud does that in anyway make you think that GM and ford are now working together?
Dave The One 11:11 PM - 18 January, 2013
Umm; The Numark 4trak is a traktor controller; yes numark and Native instruments are working together; it's a proprietary Traktor controller. And Traktor has evolved with the remix decks so naturally a new Numark controller is needed besides the F1 made by native instruments for full control of the remix decks. The f1 has 16 pads and Numarks teaser clearly shows 16 pads (8 on top and 8 on the bottom of a jog wheel)

Colors of Traktor F1 www.native-instruments.com

Colors on the Numark website supernova/star burst above the planet www.numark.com

So you are absolutely wrong about Numark and Native Instruments working together as the Numark 4trak is a device made specifically for Traktor (a native instruments software)
Code:E 11:54 PM - 18 January, 2013
I dont want to fight I just disagree. I hope you not talking it personal.
Quote:
The Numark 4trak is a traktor controller; yes numark and Native instruments are working together; it's a proprietary Traktor controller.

No that just means they licensed the software. It could be a communication issue. I'm in business school and we would not call a company licensing a piece off software another company "working together". I would not say I'm "working together"with my grocery store.

Quote:
And Traktor has evolved with the remix decks so naturally a new Numark controller is needed besides the F1 made by native instruments for full control of the remix decks. The f1 has 16 pads and Numarks teaser clearly shows 16 pads (8 on top and 8 on the bottom of a jog wheel)

Not really naturally, but dam now thats a cool idea. I kinda hope that what it is. What Numark ad only shows us 4 top and 4 bottom. But i can see from the other pictures how you infere that. And agree it could have that. And remix deck control. I would love to see another control for the Remix decks.
Dave The One 12:21 AM - 19 January, 2013
Quote:

Quote:
I dont want to fight I just disagree. I hope you not talking it personal.

Not taking it personal at all.

Quote:
No that just means they licensed the software. It could be a communication issue. I'm in business school and we would not call a company licensing a piece off software another company "working together". I would not say I'm "working together"with my grocery store.

They specifically built the controller for that particular version of Traktor. Just as they built hardware for use with Serato and Algorridims Djay. It's a bit more than just licensing software; there is a working relationship with each of the companies to make the hardware and software, some very specific to features of each software.

Quote:
And Traktor has evolved with the remix decks so naturally a new Numark controller is needed besides the F1 made by native instruments for full control of the remix decks. The f1 has 16 pads and Numarks teaser clearly shows 16 pads (8 on top and 8 on the bottom of a jog wheel)

Not really naturally, but dam now thats a cool idea. I kinda hope that what it is. What Numark ad only shows us 4 top and 4 bottom. But i can see from the other pictures how you infere that. And agree it could have that. And remix deck control. I would love to see another control for the Remix decks.

Something more is happening; putting the maschine in it's lineup of MPC's is definitely a nod. Akai/Numark never did this with Korg or Roland. The Lpd 8 with the signature F1 and Maschine colors are quite interesting too.

Akai/Numark have the Apc series for ableton live, Numark NS6 (and many more controllers for serato) and the 4trak for Traktor and it looks like a new controller or controllers for Traktor and stretching it a bit further Maschine.....

Akai/Numark are revolutionizing the Dj industry indeed....

Pioneer though made a very outstanding controller (ddj sx) for Serato DJ and I've used it with Ableton Live and the Ms Pinky Vst plugin, that in itself was an eye opener for me.
I'm sure 1/24 will bring a lot more surprises.
phatbob 12:33 AM - 19 January, 2013
That pic with the Maschine and the MPCs has got my head spinning for sure...

I know the software for the MPC Renaissance hasn't been highly regarded, but the idea of NI letting another hardware manufacturer using the Maschine software just seems wildly unlikely...
Dave The One 12:51 AM - 19 January, 2013
Phatbob I went through some channels to investigate; maschine being in that picture was no mistake.
SiRocket 4:03 AM - 19 January, 2013
People fighting over sync controllers. I can cross that off my bucket list :)
DJ Unique 5:40 AM - 19 January, 2013
Quote:

HaHaHa...
illadopekinga 7:34 AM - 19 January, 2013
Only good thing I see about this is that it could possibly be "competition" for other brands to make something better haha.
echa1945mf 10:52 AM - 19 January, 2013
this thread makes me wannna grab a 4Trak ....
DJ_Phenom 4:59 PM - 19 January, 2013
this thread makes me wanna grab some Tacos
Dave The One 9:13 PM - 19 January, 2013
Quote:

Interesting, not one person mentioned sync but you. You do know that you have the option of not using sync.

Quote:
Only good thing I see about this is that it could possibly be "competition" for other brands to make something better haha.

Agreed

Quote:
this thread makes me wannna grab a 4Trak ....

Great idea; they are on sale.

Quote:
this thread makes me wanna grab some Tacos

By all means please do so
DJ.Tyme 6:12 AM - 20 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Because the new-generation doesn't appreciate cutting and scratching. How many new songs have you heard with scratching in them? Give me spinning platters FTW, preferably with 9" or 10" to12" in size.

+1
DJ.Tyme 6:13 AM - 20 January, 2013
Quote:

+1
Pete Input 1:56 PM - 20 January, 2013
My thoughts...
The one with the curved pads = Numark Mixtrack Pro II
The one that looks like lpd8 = external Serato dj-controller for ITCH-devices.
damehype 1:32 AM - 21 January, 2013
The NS-Revolution
weeggyy 12:55 AM - 22 January, 2013
instagram.com The last teaser
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:08 AM - 22 January, 2013
That top has grip...hmmm
Dave The One 1:21 AM - 22 January, 2013
It might be a Maschine Traktor integration, and a new numark controller for the task.

Are those 12 inch platters?

Also interesting is M-audio being under the numark Akai umbrella. Torq was an m-audio product. And the O in "it's coming" on numarks website kinda looks like the Torq logo.

Just sayin'
weeggyy 1:26 AM - 22 January, 2013
its not definitely a spinning platter, but it looks huge... maybe a 12 inch or just my eyes playing around me... If this would be a flagship product, it would just fall under traktor or serato... Let's see...
DVE 2:24 AM - 22 January, 2013
You can see a finger grip on the side of the platter, CDJ style. Doubt it's a spinning platter unfortunately.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:39 AM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
You can see a finger grip on the side of the platter, CDJ style. Doubt it's a spinning platter unfortunately.

i kinda thought it was but the more i look at it the more stationary it looks...oh well
dj res-q 4:32 AM - 22 January, 2013
just got a tip from inside,it's the numark mpc
DJ.Tyme 4:34 AM - 22 January, 2013
i wish these manufacturers would stop F_____G around and make a controller that has spinning platters & (plays cd's,usb flash drives,hard drives) i luv my ns7 but when it crashed on my twice @ a gig i need a back up plan real bad. so i went a got a numark mixdeck quad. but from coming from TT for so long and them to denons dn-s3500's and now my ns7. (yes i do need spinning platters) and the 5'' plastic feel is not for me
dj res-q 4:36 AM - 22 January, 2013
its doesnt play cd's though
DJ.Tyme 4:41 AM - 22 January, 2013
well it dont have to play cd's but at least play music off usb flash drives & or hard drives
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:12 AM - 22 January, 2013
the issue with moving platters is a basic engineering principal, the more moving parts you have the more chances something can go wrong
phatbob 7:41 AM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:

Anyone looking at that and seeing spinning 12" platters needs to put down the pipe.

They're NS6 size at the absolute most.

And the sides are too bumpy for dragging your finger along to pitch bend, so they definitely aren't spinning either.
Code:E 7:47 AM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Anyone looking at that and seeing spinning 12" platters needs to put down the pipe.

And the sides are too bumpy for dragging your finger along to pitch bend, so they definitely aren't spinning either.

They look cheap and plastic like to me. I dont like the raised emblem, and the picture is taken very close, I agree with phatbob these platters are small.
MPC O.G. 2:06 PM - 22 January, 2013
Has any one checked the price on the NS6 lately? If there's a big drop in price that's usually a tell tale sign of it being replaced.
Dave The One 2:38 PM - 22 January, 2013
The price of Apc 40 has plummeted too; I just rebought one for 186.00 brand new on amazon yesterday.
dj res-q 2:45 PM - 22 January, 2013
The ns6 price has dropped to 699 on Amazon
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:52 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
The price of Apc 40 has plummeted too; I just rebought one for 186.00 brand new on amazon yesterday.

Thats because ableton push is commin out
Dave The One 2:59 PM - 22 January, 2013
Both Numark and Akai products. New Ableton about to be released too with that push controller (designed by akai) which is nice but has no faders which they claim because most people use a mouse for adjusting the faders and mixing, not me. Push has knobs and a touch slider, I'm good with the apc 40.

This new controller being teased; looking at that last picture with the rubber type platter ruined any excitement I had. No way would I touch something like that.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:23 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
Both Numark and Akai products. New Ableton about to be released too with that push controller (designed by akai) which is nice but has no faders which they claim because most people use a mouse for adjusting the faders and mixing, not me. Push has knobs and a touch slider, I'm good with the apc 40.

This new controller being teased; looking at that last picture with the rubber type platter ruined any excitement I had. No way would I touch something like that.

Dont forget this
www.djtechtools.com
Dj Shamann 3:55 PM - 22 January, 2013
That pic is too close up, definitely not 12" and highly doubtful that they're spinning.

I haven't checked but if the NS6 price does drop I'll be pissed, I used mine out once and one of the cue buttons caved, I was going to have them fix it and then sell the thing, I won't get shit for it if the prices are too low.
Dj Shamann 3:58 PM - 22 January, 2013
It's pretty sad that a thread about a Numark controller is the biggest thing we got going on this year, hopefully there's something else at NAMM that's been kept under wraps.

Everybody else has released big products though lately so Numark is probably the best we're going to get.
dj-freestyle 3:59 PM - 22 January, 2013
I put my ns6 up for sale the day ddj was announed and got 900 with case cause i knew price drop was coming. I lucked out. My gc pro guy can get ns6 for 550 right now.
Dj Shamann 4:02 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
I put my ns6 up for sale the day ddj was announed and got 900 with case cause i knew price drop was coming. I lucked out. My gc pro guy can get ns6 for 550 right now.

Yeah my dealer gives *I think* 80% back (since mine still has the plastic film on it, I should get full) but 80% of $550 is what.. $440?

Might as well just keep it.
dj-freestyle 4:05 PM - 22 January, 2013
Ya i would at this point. I got lucky otherwise i would have just kept it. I loved it. i never had issues like other guys did thank god. It was a beast for me.
Dj Shamann 4:22 PM - 22 January, 2013
I like the mixer itself on the unit, never liked Itch (but we know that DJ is coming for Itch users) but for me to take it out once and have the cue button cave like that (I wasn't pushing hard at all) is no good for me, even if they fix it. I guess I'll just keep it as a back up unit.
Dave The One 4:40 PM - 22 January, 2013
I sold my NS6 back in August for 800.00 and threw the soft case in. I paid 825.00 for the NS6 last year in January or February. Bought the soft case for 150.00 so I lost a bit (about 175.00)

I bought the DDJ-SX for 799 and i'm very happy with it and Serato DJ.

550 to 650.00 is the going price for NS6 brand new. What a shame if they replace it already; the NS7 seems to be holding it's value. I would have thought that the Nsp6/Lpd 8 would have saved the NS6 but I guess not; perhaps the slicer wouldn't have been functional if they couldn't get the LPD 8 to blink which I think wouldn't be a problem, but what do i know? It would still work well for the Sp6 and it looks like they did redesign it from one of the teaser videos that they put up.

Ok so where is Serato? Are the only thing they have is Serato DJ coming to the rest of the Itch controllers? What about adding snap and quantize features and updating Serato DJ? I requested Comments/Tags like soundcloud to aid in indexing your songs; this way it would help if you or someone else are deejaying on someone elses library and have different mixes of songs; a tag like chorus, break, intro, outro would be helpful.

Pioneer did release the DDJ-SX at an interesting time, not much going on and no hype from a show like NAMM.

I think Numark/Akai will have products for both Serato and Numark.

This new controller looks good but i'm not feeling the platters; I like the NS6/NS7/V7 DDJ-SX platters (moving and non moving) that is what I prefer as far as platters even though I don't scratch.

Two more days....
dj-freestyle 4:48 PM - 22 January, 2013
Yep namm is always exciting and crazy and then a waiting game. They showed ns6 at namm and then we had to wait till june to get one. Its always a waiting game.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:55 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
I like the mixer itself on the unit, never liked Itch (but we know that DJ is coming for Itch users) but for me to take it out once and have the cue button cave like that (I wasn't pushing hard at all) is no good for me, even if they fix it. I guess I'll just keep it as a back up unit.

Djtechtools is predicting that after namm scratchlive and dj will be combined
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:57 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
Yep namm is always exciting and crazy and then a waiting game. They showed ns6 at namm and then we had to wait till june to get one. Its always a waiting game.

Which is such a bitch, the product gets announced in jan, released in may, in stores inventory in aug but now you dont wanna buy it cause the next namm is only a few months away
Dj Shamann 4:59 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Which is such a bitch, the product gets announced in jan, released in may, in stores inventory in aug but now you dont wanna buy it cause the next namm is only a few months away

LOL truth.
dj-freestyle 5:00 PM - 22 January, 2013

soooooooo true, lol lol
Dj Shamann 5:01 PM - 22 January, 2013
That's the problem with DJing today, it's become the "what's next?" game instead of working with and mastering what's here and know.
Dj Shamann 5:01 PM - 22 January, 2013
*here and now
dj-freestyle 6:16 PM - 22 January, 2013
25 years of djing and ns6 and ddj are first time ive bought things that just came out but i hear ya. I think for us older guys its just being able to learn to use something new. Keeps us motivated.
Dave The One 6:30 PM - 22 January, 2013
Yeah honestly it's up to the software now.
I mean I think native instruments nailed it with Traktor and then get said hey we can sell hardware and started closing up the mapping (like the remix decks) The S4 and 4Trak are mind blowing as far as Traktor controllers go as is the ddj T1. They just need to leave the mapping fully open and I'll decide what hardware I need to get the job done; If they design a great hardware controller then great; there'll be an in the box solution too.

Serato needs to go in that direction; Serato DJ is great but the midi mapping isn't very useful because the ddj sx controller was really well designed for it. Im sure those who have other controllers are going to have a blast with the lpd8 and other midi controllers.
I mapped the start and stop time feature in the serato dj menu for the platters (start/stop/brake) on the ddjsx so that I can have different brake effects (rhythmic stop to a longer slowdown) and had fun with mapping the effects to the lod8 too; I didn't notice the lpd8 knobs click when you press them down and this allowed me to cycle through the effects and click again when I wanted it selected. Im still experimenting....

Serato DJ and Scratch live being one and the same would bring us the bridge so I hope this happens...
Dj Shamann 7:11 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
25 years of djing and ns6 and ddj are first time ive bought things that just came out but i hear ya. I think for us older guys its just being able to learn to use something new. Keeps us motivated.

I love my gadgets, but I see these companies falling all over themselves to one up each other, just to make this generation of consumers who are never happy, happy. Pushing out new tech/hardware that's supposed to be a game changer, but it ends up not working out as planned so they abandon it and bring out the new "game changer" a year later.

And it's all to satisfy the consumer that doesn't know what to do with half the shit he's already got feature wise, but still wants other shit they can't even comprehend just so they can have the newest toy.
Dave The One 7:16 PM - 22 January, 2013
^

Well said. I'm done buying gear. Between the DDJ-SX, MPD 32, Akai Apc 40, Novation Launchpad, Axiom Pro 49 and the LPD8, I'm well equipped for any DJ/Production environment. If they want to add new features to software and cripple old hardware F-ck em, I'm done and will move on to what suits me best.
Dj Shamann 7:18 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
I think for us older guys its just being able to learn to use something new. Keeps us motivated.

Yeah it's great to have options we never did years ago, and it's cool to see them come up with stuff that was only fantasy back in the day, but it's being pushed out like fast food, pretty for the pictures but no substance.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:18 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I love my gadgets, but I see these companies falling all over themselves to one up each other, just to make this generation of consumers who are never happy, happy. Pushing out new tech/hardware that's supposed to be a game changer, but it ends up not working out as planned so they abandon it and bring out the new "game changer" a year later.

And it's all to satisfy the consumer that doesn't know what to do with half the shit he's already got feature wise, but still wants other shit they can't even comprehend just so they can have the newest toy.

Its called capitalism, what are ta some kinda,socialist lol
Dj Shamann 7:19 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
Well said. I'm done buying gear. Between the DDJ-SX, MPD 32, Akai Apc 40, Novation Launchpad, Axiom Pro 49 and the LPD8, I'm well equipped for any DJ/Production environment. If they want to add new features to software and cripple old hardware F-ck em, I'm done and will move on to what suits me best.

+1
Dj Shamann 7:20 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:

I didn't say they don't have the right to do it, but it's at their own expense.
DJ DisGrace 7:26 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Damn Canadians!
Dj Shamann 7:40 PM - 22 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't say they don't have the right to do it, but it's at their own expense if they want to sacrifice quality for a momentary lead in the merry go-round race

Should've elaborated on that comment.
Papa Midnight 1:43 AM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They look cheap and plastic like to me. I dont like the raised emblem, and the picture is taken very close, I agree with phatbob these platters are small.

I'd be shocked if they're any bigger than the platters on a MixTrack Pro.
wadup 5:47 PM - 23 January, 2013
www.inmusicbrands.com

Looks good....
Phil G 5:49 PM - 23 January, 2013
Phil G 5:50 PM - 23 January, 2013
and heres what we've been waiting for...

www.djkit.com
Phil G 5:54 PM - 23 January, 2013
also all info available on numarks website....

www.inmusicbrands.com
DJ DisGrace 5:56 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
and heres what we've been waiting for...

www.djkit.com

LOL

that' a far cry from the "game changer" people were speculating this thing to be
Phil G 5:56 PM - 23 January, 2013
could be interesting though... looking forward to demo videos
jprime 6:04 PM - 23 January, 2013
dj-freestyle 6:05 PM - 23 January, 2013
ns7 2 looks dope as hell.
Dj Shamann 6:12 PM - 23 January, 2013
www.inmusicbrands.com

Hello!

(And goodbye to my NS6 for that matter)

Quote:
And in any case, just to reiterate, there won't be any new spinning platter devices from any manufacturer at NAMM. The market has spoken.

You don't say.
Dj Shamann 6:19 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:

Yes it does, I'm wondering what the MAP on that will be.

I guess my only concern is what I've already mentioned in this thread in regards to my NS6 with the weak cue buttons. With those pads on there being such a prominent feature I hope they're built for their use.
dj-freestyle 6:20 PM - 23 January, 2013
They say pads are akai so take a beating
Dave The One 6:20 PM - 23 January, 2013
Orbit? OMG. WTF?!? Something is wrong at Numark.

NS7 II Nice!!!

And how about that; the colors meant absolutely nothing!

Don't come to me to have ur palm read!
dj-freestyle 6:21 PM - 23 January, 2013
ya dave was right about ns7 2 .
dj-freestyle 6:24 PM - 23 January, 2013
Didnt phatbob, argue with you lol lol lol
Dj Shamann 6:25 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
They say pads are akai so take a beating

So they did say, I was too busy ogling the picture

Quote:
16 RGB multi-backlit MPC-style pads lifted straight from Akai Professional gear

Very nice.
dj-freestyle 6:26 PM - 23 January, 2013
Ya ill be rocking one for sure. They got me with morotrized for sure.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:31 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:

Glad i didnt pull the trigger on th sx, though id expecthigher quality on pioneer than numark
phatbob 6:32 PM - 23 January, 2013
I was wrong and I absolutely put my hands up. Did not see that NS7 mk2 coming at all. Looks dope.
phatbob 6:35 PM - 23 January, 2013
Although that thing must be fricking HUGE. I can barely fit the SX in most booths I play in now...
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:36 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Although that thing must be fricking HUGE. I can barely fit the SX in most booths I play in now...

Are you djing photobooths lol
dj-freestyle 6:37 PM - 23 January, 2013
We still love u bob. Namm is so great. Adds fun to the week
DJ Unique 6:37 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Glad i didnt pull the trigger on th sx, though id expecthigher quality on pioneer than numark

Exactly!!!
phatbob 6:38 PM - 23 January, 2013
Phone booths.

The FX section sticks out the door a little. ;-)
dj-freestyle 6:40 PM - 23 January, 2013
It's still numark but very dope for sure
Dj Shamann 6:45 PM - 23 January, 2013
This is the first time since controllers have been released that I've actually been enthused.

When I bought my other controller it was out of necessity, I ended up not needing it for the gig I bought it for, and it collected dust (why would I use static platters when I have my 1200s) but with four channels, the spinning platters and the new Serato DJ software I'm definitely going to get in on this one.

That's the problem with phatbob (repeatedly) saying "there's no market for it", it's short sighted. You're focusing on a handful of DJs coming into the game (who may or may not stick around), what about the generations of DJs who are still here and plan to continue being here?

Remember when the NS7 first dropped? It converted a decent number of turntable DJs, but controllers were still a new idea and weren't accepted as legitimate DJing, and a big factor, 1200s had yet to be discontinued.

Fast forward a few years, people aren't so afraid of controllers anymore, the software is progressing, there are MANY generations of DJs who come from the pre-controller era who were just waiting for the right controller to switch, this is a step in the right direction.

Quote:
I was wrong and I absolutely put my hands up. Did not see that NS7 mk2 coming at all. Looks dope.

We won't hold it against you ;p

The important thing is there's something on the market a little more appealing to turntable users who still want to move forward with the ever changing DJ world.
dj-freestyle 6:49 PM - 23 January, 2013
It's all about filling a niche and numark tried to do that so good for them
phatbob 6:49 PM - 23 January, 2013
We'll see... LOL
Code:E 6:52 PM - 23 January, 2013
I like the ns7 II. I want to know pricing though.
DJ DisGrace 6:52 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Phone booths.

The Orbit may just be what you need!
phatbob 6:55 PM - 23 January, 2013
I have to say that the Orbit is the most interesting thing I've seen so far this week... Something genuinely different and 'out there'.

Obviously it'll be next to useless with Serato products until we get midi out. :-(
Code:E 6:58 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
I have to say that the Orbit is the most interesting thing I've seen so far this week... Something genuinely different and 'out there'.

Obviously it'll be next to useless with Serato products until we get midi out. :-(

I'm still hoping for MIDI out and a small bridge update from serato at Namm this year!
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:58 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
I like the ns7 II. I want to know pricing though.

Its numark so im sur itll be at least a hundred bucks lol
dj-freestyle 7:01 PM - 23 January, 2013
I say 1299
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:05 PM - 23 January, 2013
Tree fiddy
Dave The One 7:28 PM - 23 January, 2013
I'm just stunned about the orbit device. Makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Where is the revolution? Even if I see a funky video with a great set I just couldn't touch a device like that.

NS7 II, Separate metering, pads, rotating platters, Akai has their work cut out for them if the MPC DJ ever comes to fruition. Serato DJ included; Numark loves Serato. I guess Serato gets all the love first because they aren't in the business of making hardware (YET) for the midi controller market.

Hmmm....the price drops on NS6 and 4trak; leaves me scratching my head. Are they done yet or perhaps we'll see some mid year hype. It wouldn't make sense to update both the NS6 and NS7 at the same time; I'll make this bold prediction; the NS6 II will have 16 pads.

Pioneer did extremely well; the DDJ-SX can go toe to toe with the NS7 II. Pioneer has slip mode working in it's favor and the serato DJ controls look more logically laid out at top center of the DDJ SX. Pioneer's dual deck mode is also a plus! The NS7 has start time/stop time knobs on the controller (kind of wasteful but maybe useful to some) And there are 5 hot cues on each deck plus the pads so you can go cue crazy (maybe thay had lots of plastic numbered rectangles leftover) There's a motor off button and a touch mode button on the NS7 II, perhaps this is for a CDJ type mode? Nice, very nice if it is. Pitch bend buttons for each deck. There's a manual mode for the pads; wonder what that's for?
Oh; I'm going off of this picture which you can zoom in on perfectly. www.inmusicbrands.com

Very nice deck but i'm staying with my DDJ-SX.

I wonder if the NS7 II sound card is 44.1 or 48khz or above. Both are 24 bit but the DDJ-SX is 44.1KHz. S4 is 96khz.
Dave The One 7:30 PM - 23 January, 2013
Beat mode knob next to fx is curious unless it's for the FX mode in serato dj for your effects to be 1/2 beat 1/1 etc... which again is somewhat wasteful IMO.
DJ EAE 7:35 PM - 23 January, 2013
All this speculation and everyone had it wrong - too funny:

www.djworx.com
DJ EAE 7:46 PM - 23 January, 2013
NS7 II looks legit. Wonder how much I can sell my NS7 for? Hope these upgrades don't keep happening, but it will...
dj-freestyle 7:46 PM - 23 January, 2013
Sounds like native I has something cool coming to
DJ Padida 7:56 PM - 23 January, 2013
Breaking news y'all NS7 2

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:59 PM - 23 January, 2013
The way i see it the sx is the new cdj the ns72 is the new tts

I think that orbit would make a bad ass midi controller for fx and cue juggling so people can see you do it....or good to incorporate into a standup comedy routine but i cant see it as a standalone
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:59 PM - 23 January, 2013
Mabye to orbit was meant to replace that qbert all in one turntable mixer lol
phatbob 8:07 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Mabye to orbit was meant to replace that qbert all in one turntable mixer lol

UFOrbit
phatbob 8:08 PM - 23 January, 2013
Shit...

QFOrbit
dj-freestyle 8:30 PM - 23 January, 2013
Djkom 8:52 PM - 23 January, 2013
Why oh WHY they have kept this so tiny platter size!! Moreover the platter is too high compared to the crossfarder ...
For sure the turntablists won't be that exicted!!!
If at least they have put the pads on the top....
Hope they will not produce the V7 II like this...

This NS7 II is definitely made for "controllists" the only reason Numark has made a NS7 II instead of a NS6 II is to not be similar to the Pioneer ddj sx...

I'm dissapointed....there is a real opportunity to make a good digital product for turntablist
dj-freestyle 8:56 PM - 23 January, 2013
Those touch sensative knobs worry me. Those could go wrong quick
DJ Cs 9:01 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Those touch sensative knobs worry me. Those could go wrong quick

I laughed out loud at this one. Definitely could go wrong VERY quick with these enabled. Hopefully you can disable this if needed.
Djkom 9:03 PM - 23 January, 2013
But Numark is not in the right way...maybe Denon with the dedicated sc3900 serato dj controller...or even Stanton with a new version of scs 1d for serato?
MPC O.G. 9:07 PM - 23 January, 2013
Doesn't the BPM meter look just like TSP's phase meter? Just pointing that out. Maybe the NS7 II will be ready to use with any DVS straight out the box. Any thoughts on that?
dj-freestyle 9:09 PM - 23 January, 2013
It seems like this is serato DJ designed. Big company's putting alot of energy into serato DJ products
phatbob 9:23 PM - 23 January, 2013
Ok, here's a new theory, let's see if the rest of NAMM proves me wrong:

Over the last couple of years, NI have thoroughly pissed off 3rd party hardware manufacturers.

Starting with making their own all-in-one controllers. Fine, just more competition. Except, they keep the HID platter control for their own gear.

Next up, the remix decks. A massive addition to the software. Want to use them properly? Buy a Kontrol F1 from NI. 3rd parties? Go f*ck yourselves.

A decent selling point for many mixers? Traktor Scratch certification. No interface needed. Awesome. Except... Now NI have their own mixer. Aimed at eating the lunch of 3rd parties.

All I see is NI pushing 3rd parties away as fast as they can, whilst Serato are reaching out and accomodating. And I think NAMM 2013 might show the results of those stances...
MPC O.G. 9:25 PM - 23 January, 2013
I see that it is mainly designed for DJ. But this whole N.I./Akai/Numark thing has got to mean something. Maybe there will be a version strictly for TSP. Who knows but this is getting good. The gloves are of and the scramble is on.
dj-freestyle 9:25 PM - 23 January, 2013
Ya seems that way for sure. I was thinking that. 2 very different business models. Who wins out? we will see
dj-freestyle 9:26 PM - 23 January, 2013
Room in market for both i think as long as djing stays as popular as its become.
MPC O.G. 9:27 PM - 23 January, 2013
The Remix Decks were hacked a week after launch. You can use a Midi-Fighter with them. It's just a matter of time before a mapping for the Orbit is out.
jprime 9:32 PM - 23 January, 2013
Sure people can hack stuff together, but in the end you're just adding variables for failure imo
wireless (shiver).
nik39 9:32 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:

Over the last couple of years, NI have thoroughly pissed off 3rd party hardware manufacturers.

Starting with making their own all-in-one controllers. Fine, just more competition. Except, they keep the HID platter control for their own gear.

Next up, the remix decks. A massive addition to the software. Want to use them properly? Buy a Kontrol F1 from NI. 3rd parties? Go f*ck yourselves.

A decent selling point for many mixers? Traktor Scratch certification. No interface needed. Awesome. Except... Now NI have their own mixer. Aimed at eating the lunch of 3rd parties.

All I see is NI pushing 3rd parties away as fast as they can, whilst Serato are reaching out and accomodating. And I think NAMM 2013 might show the results of those stances...

+1!
DJ Cs 9:34 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said here. Quite a bad business model if they are trying to be inviting to all types of DJ's.

Forcing a DJ to adopt their hardware is a little presumptuous. Thankfully, their other products have great options.
Code:E 9:35 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Akai has their work cut out for them if the MPC DJ ever comes to fruition.

I think it is the MPC DJ.
d:raf 9:37 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Forcing a DJ to adopt their hardware is a little presumptuous.

People said the same thing about Apple back in the day...
phatbob 9:37 PM - 23 January, 2013
Traktor will always work 'OK' with 3rd party hardware, their mapping is open enough to ensure that.

But I think we'll start seeing a lot more of companies saying 'oh yeah, you could map it for Traktor', but meanwhile there's a big Serato logo on the front...

An interesting shift.
Code:E 9:37 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:

Only 50% agree. If you happen to be a massive blog that makes there own hardware and are big fan boy's of NI everything you can make a controller that works with remix decks. But you still can't promote it and we won't help you tell anyone about it. www.djtechtools.com
dj-freestyle 9:39 PM - 23 January, 2013
I really believe if serato become more midi open they will can kick but. I could see it happening
dj-freestyle 9:40 PM - 23 January, 2013
If the make video and vinly plugins and there is one software for all of it. look out
phatbob 9:41 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Only 50% agree. If you happen to be a massive blog that makes there own hardware and are big fan boy's of NI everything you can make a controller that works with remix decks. But you still can't promote it and we won't help you tell anyone about it. www.djtechtools.com

They hacked that. NI didn't support it at all. No mainstream manufacturer is going to go down that route.
phatbob 9:41 PM - 23 January, 2013
Plus, they promoted the shit out of that hack... What are you on about? ;o)
Code:E 9:42 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Plus, they promoted the shit out of that hack... What are you on about? ;o)

DJ tech tools promoted it not NI.
phatbob 9:43 PM - 23 January, 2013
Yeah, 'cos it's a hack. Not remotely NI approved.
Code:E 9:43 PM - 23 January, 2013
which agrees with your point about NI tell 3rd to F them self.
phatbob 9:47 PM - 23 January, 2013
Indeed.
DJ Cs 9:50 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Forcing a DJ to adopt their hardware is a little presumptuous.

People said the same thing about Apple back in the day...

Not quite the same. Serato is fast catching up to the features of Traktor with far more third party support.

Traktor has their whole ecosystem, such as NI Maschine, Massive, Komplete, etc but eventually their hardware will have to come to the level as the third party alternates.
MPC O.G. 9:53 PM - 23 January, 2013
N.I. DARED people to hack it, so they did. If someone wants to do something bad enough. IT WILL GET DONE. Plus the added prodding of "You can't do it anyway", will definitely make it happen. (If the person/people don't get bored with it and say fuck it. Like Quartz with the whole NS7/TSP thing.)
djkurve 10:36 PM - 23 January, 2013
Here it is...

www.sonicstate.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:37 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Here it is...

www.sonicstate.com

Welcome to this morning
MPC O.G. 10:38 PM - 23 January, 2013
Now I just need Denon to make the DNX-600 a little bit cheaper and Pio to drop the price on the T1 again and get the price of the Z2 down to about $650.................

By the way, have there been any new mixer sightings?
djkurve 10:39 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Here it is...

www.sonicstate.com

Welcome to this morning

Well excuse me.. lol! Some people have day jobs and don't have time to sit in front of a computer all day and track NAMM. haha

And this...
www.sonicstate.com
J.J. 10:46 PM - 23 January, 2013
I've got one preordered. Can't wait. What are the Manual Key Pads mapped to?

Prev Loop----Next Loop-----On/Off------/2 Loop
Loop In-------Loop Out-------Reloop-----x2 Loop

I'm assuming the PADS are pressure sensitive. Will they have an option to be Wet/Dry like the VCI-380? Will they have an option to control the Sampler Volume (velocity) like the DDJ-SX)?
djkurve 11:03 PM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
I've got one preordered. Can't wait. What are the Manual Key Pads mapped to?

Prev Loop----Next Loop-----On/Off------/2 Loop
Loop In-------Loop Out-------Reloop-----x2 Loop

I'm assuming the PADS are pressure sensitive. Will they have an option to be Wet/Dry like the VCI-380? Will they have an option to control the Sampler Volume (velocity) like the DDJ-SX)?

Pre-ordered already?!
Logisticalstyles 12:24 AM - 24 January, 2013
Soo glad I sold my NS7 last month before the NS7 II was announced. I doubt I would even be able to get 500 for it now.
J.J. 12:53 AM - 24 January, 2013
Yea. Unfortunately like the DJJ-SX, we'll probably have to wait on Serato. Here are my thoughts. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

CONS
• 7" Platter. I would have liked at least a 9" or bigger Platter
• I'm not a big fan of Numark. Maybe if they stopped coming out with 20 new gimmicky products every year.
• They fired all there REPS
• Why won't NI let motorized platters work with Traktor
• I never like the RED LED's on the Channels. I get the color scheme, but RED in my mind is clipping.
• No Matrix.
• No Split Cue. Bummer.
• LOOP/ROLL are combined. I use both and I hate toggling.

PROS
• Direct Drive Platters with Torq control.
• 45 Vinyl can be customized like transparent red.
• Ergonomics. I love the layout, but I will have to get used to the MIRROR. Like the DJJ-SX and S4, the platters are higher = better for scratching.
• No Plastic for the mixer section to collect fingerprints.
• Pitch Bend Buttons. Why has everyone else taken these out? Nudgeing the edge of the platter is inconsistant.
• 16 Velocity MPC PADS. NICE! Knowing AKAI, they should take a beating.
• RGB PADS. Like the VCI-380. Hopefully the CUES will match the Pads.
• Rubber Buttons (if done right). I hate the plastic. Especially on the NS6 and 68.
• Separate 5 Hot Cues. While in Loop Roll or Slicer, you don't have to switch back to Cues.
• 2 buttons next to the PADS looks to shift the Loops, Slicer and Rolls. If the Sampler ever gets improved (like Traktor Remix Decks or Ableton), you can use this to choose the next 16 banks Up/Down.
• Better knobs. Besides the touch EQ knobs, I can't really comprehend the use besides kills.
• Looks like you can combine 3 iZotope FX's.
• Separate FX On/OFF buttons and Knobs. Visual LED feedback.
• Dedicated FILTERS per channel. Know more Easter Egg hack.
• MIC 1 combo 1/4" XLR input with separate EQ. Don't have to use a channel.
• Looks like 4 external inputs as a stand alone mixer. I'm wondering if two are PHONO?
• Touchstrip is recessed and out of the way.
• Switching Decks have their dedicated buttons.
• Temp BLEEP button. My VCI-380 doesn't even have a Censor Button.
• 0% Pitch Illuminated feedback.
• Separate Start and Stop Time on the fly. You don't have to go to Setup to adjust this.
• Looks to be built better than the NS7. I've heard nothing but great things on that unit.
• Beat Grid Editing. You don't have to go to the laptop.
• Range is default over Shift + Master Tempo. I will use Range in my mix set more than turning On/Off Master Tempo.
• Separate Channel LED feedback.
• Integrated Laptop stand. Still need pictures.
• CP-Pro crossfader. Looks nice, but I wonder if you can fit a Innofader?
• Looks to have a Separate Booth Out.
• With Manual Loop, it looks to have PREV LOOP, NEXT LOOP and LOOP ON/OFF.
• I would love to see how 12inchskinz can customize this unit.
Code:E 1:26 AM - 24 January, 2013
I hope it has 1/4 booth output.
Papa Midnight 2:12 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:

You know people are going to give you hell for this because its still a controller and has a magic sync button that DJs for you right?

:p
Dave The One 3:03 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

You know people are going to give you hell for this because its still a controller and has a magic sync button that DJs for you right?

:p

The cdj 2000 Nexus has a sync button too
Dave The One 3:10 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

It isn't, The MPC DJ is going to be Hardware and proprietary software.
Code:E 3:43 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It isn't, The MPC DJ is going to be Hardware and proprietary software.

Again do you know things that we don't. Because DigitalDJtips was talking about how the NS7II is the result of feedback after that MPCDJ was shown to the public last year.
Dave The One 3:47 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:

Again do you know things that we don't. Because DigitalDJtips was talking about how the NS7II is the result of feedback after that MPCDJ was shown to the public last year.

;)

LOL They really shouldn't have said that.
Dave The One 3:53 AM - 24 January, 2013
Everybody put pads on their controllers for Namm 2013. Honestly the Mixtrack with pads was a tad over the top; but akai has been acquired and it looks like Numark went a bit pad crazy.

Inmusic also acquired M-audio and AIR; AIR were owned by Avid and made spectacular RTAS (protools proprietary vst and vsti's) fx and instruments. You'll be seeing AIR re-appear :0)
DJ Tracktion 4:26 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
the issue with moving platters is a basic engineering principal, the more moving parts you have the more chances something can go wrong

Sounds good but i've had a couple pairs of 1200's whose platters have never had a problem :)
pdidy 4:31 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds good but i've had a couple pairs of 1200's whose platters have never had a problem :)

Stop trying to be funny......EVERYBODY knows 1200's are the exception to the rule.
Dave The One 5:08 AM - 24 January, 2013
Akai and Avid alliance. Wow! Pro Tools Express bundled with every new Akai and M-audio product. MPC Renaissance software possibly working in Protools? (rumor) hmmmm...
www.inmusicbrands.com

Akai MPX 8 pad controller with sound library included. Nice.
www.inmusicbrands.com

Mpc Pro Headphone
www.inmusicbrands.com

MPC Headphones
www.inmusicbrands.com

Mpc Earbuds
www.inmusicbrands.com
Dave The One 5:17 AM - 24 January, 2013
New MPC product guide anyone?
www.inmusicbrands.com

Mpc software; morphing into MPC DJ software soon......

PS

MPC's 25th Anniversay is this year; I wonder how they'll be celebrating their birthday; perhaps a DJ (hint hint) for the party?
DJ.Tyme 5:20 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

+1
Dj Miami Heat 5:22 AM - 24 January, 2013
Do you guys think the "slip" in the upper corners on the ns7 II will be just like the slip mode in the ddj sx??

Please
THnx a lot
Code:E 5:25 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Do you guys think the "slip" in the upper corners on the ns7 II will be just like the slip mode in the ddj sx??

Please
THnx a lot

Yes and i wouldnt be surprised if dual deck mode also works via hitting both decks on a signal side at the same time.
Dj Miami Heat 5:27 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Please
THnx a lot

Yes and i wouldnt be surprised if dual deck mode also works via hitting both decks on a signal side at the same time.

Thanx, but i dont think so about the dual deck and i personaly used the ddj sx and didnt think it was that useful, but the slip for doing pauses, its so cool.
Dj Miami Heat 5:28 AM - 24 January, 2013
But that was very creative of yours
Dj Miami Heat 5:30 AM - 24 January, 2013
i am in the usa for more 1 month (been here for 2 months) and im taking the ddj sx or the ns7 II depending on the size and the price. if the ns7 II is cheaper i will buy it. Can u give me an opinion on prices and sizes. thx
Dave The One 5:37 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Please
THnx a lot

Wrong and Wrong.

That slip is for adjusting the Beat Grid; no slip mode for the NS7 II
Dj Miami Heat 5:38 AM - 24 January, 2013
what is beat grid?
Dave The One 5:39 AM - 24 January, 2013
Dual Deck mode is actually very useful; you can treat an acapella on one deck and an instrumental on another as one song in dual deck mode when mixing. The Ahhhh and Fresh scratch at the same time is quite interesting too.
Dj Miami Heat 5:41 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Dual Deck mode is actually very useful; you can treat an acapella on one deck and an instrumental on another as one song in dual deck mode when mixing. The Ahhhh and Fresh scratch at the same time is quite interesting too.

good idea, i thought it was only good for sratcing to make the sound cooler.
dave could you give me your thoughts about size and price between the ddj sx and ns7 ii plzz
Dave The One 5:43 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
what is beat grid?

This explains beat grid in great detail. look at the edit beat grid section of this link and you'll understand what Slip does.

serato.com
Dj Miami Heat 5:47 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
what is beat grid?

This explains beat grid in great detail. look at the edit beat grid section of this link and you'll understand what Slip does.

serato.com

thx

do you think serato scratch has slip mode, cause then i can make a shortcut in my keyboard or in my midi controller.
Dave The One 5:50 AM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
good idea, i thought it was only good for sratcing to make the sound cooler.
dave could you give me your thoughts about size and price between the ddj sx and ns7 ii plzz

The price of the original NS7 was 1200 - 1300 dollars and I believe still sells for that price.

The price of the DDJ-SX is 999.00

Both are made for Serato DJ; Both are phenomenal controllers with phenomenal sound and control. I recommend for you to audition both controllers. I am a fan of both; I own the DDJ-SX and absolutely love it. The NS7 II is also a beast. I would say audition both controllers; find out when the NS7 II is going to be released; it could be a 3 - 6 month window maybe sooner if you're lucky.

No Serato Scratch doesn't have a slip mode.

Here is a good video of the DDJ-SX features
youtu.be
Dj Miami Heat 5:55 AM - 24 January, 2013
Thanks alot. I've already seen this videos. I've seen all videos of ddj sx. love it
Dave The One 5:56 AM - 24 January, 2013
Here is a good video of the NS7; and the NS7 II should be just as insane with the pads.....

youtu.be
Dj Miami Heat 6:05 AM - 24 January, 2013
thanks for the tips but 1300 is way toooooooo much for my budget. 1000 was the maximum of the maximum. I think ill stay with the ddj sx with its slip mode. and i thought the ns7 II was going to be released in one week or so. lol.

two things i really wanted in ns7 II that doesnt have in ddj: moving platers, adjust start and stop time in deck, bigger platers, vinyl platers, touch sensitive eq nobs.

Watchwww.youtube.com - watch this
Dave The One 6:18 AM - 24 January, 2013
There's still no word on price; be patient. Adjust start and stop time in deck, bigger platters and touch sensitive eq knobs are not selling points for me; Start and stop time are a one time adjustment for me and I can map to any midi controller (which I have)
Touch sensitive eq; I don't use eq in that way, that's not useful for me but I do see it as a weapon for a very creative person. Spinning platters and Vinyl top are amazing on the NS7. The Pioneer is stationary like CDJ's. It's a matter of preference.

Again, hopefully it will be out sooner than later.
Dave The One 6:23 AM - 24 January, 2013
Damn! 825.00 for the NS7FX on Amazon.com.
Dj Miami Heat 6:26 AM - 24 January, 2013
yep, also checked
Dj Miami Heat 6:32 AM - 24 January, 2013
good points though. And maybe the price will get lower to compete with ddj sx. because with 300 dollars you can buy the very good midi controller (probably an akai mpc 49 (too much)) and add it to your ddj sx and turn it into a beast. And this combination is even cheaper. So thats why i think the price will be around 1100. because the difference between the ns7 II and ddj sx its totaly not 300 dollars. i mean, u can buy two turntables with 300 dollars (bad ones) and add it to ddj.

U know what i mean?
Dave The One 6:40 AM - 24 January, 2013
Where oh where would I fit the NS7 II

docs.google.com
Dj Miami Heat 6:45 AM - 24 January, 2013
Wow. Show me some of your musics.
Dj Miami Heat 1:27 PM - 24 January, 2013
What is the manual mode in the pads???
Dj Miami Heat 1:28 PM - 24 January, 2013
ohhh, the slicer, never mind
Robbie O 1:33 PM - 24 January, 2013
No I think the manual mode may be for loop.
DJ GaFFle 1:42 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+1... that 'the more moving parts you have...' cop out is null in this case.

The NS7 II looks like it'll trump the Pioneer SSX but I sure wish they would have increased the platter sizes. It seems like the only con now will be their weight. I'm not sure I'll sell my NS6 to go BACK to an NS7. Looks like Denon 3900's for me.
DJ GaFFle 1:47 PM - 24 January, 2013
... That said, this NS7 II is tight!
DJ GaFFle 1:49 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:

Mpc Pro Headphone
www.inmusicbrands.com

MPC Headphones
www.inmusicbrands.com

Do I detect all metal construction ??? Hmmm....
Dave The One 2:19 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
]
.The NS7 II looks like it'll trump the Pioneer SSX

Not likely. The spinning platters w vinyl top are really the only difference, if someone is coming from cdj's/pioneer brand they aren't going to migrate to the ns7 II. dual deck mode and velocity sensitive pads for sample mode are exclusive to the ddj sx, oh and there's no slip mode on ns7 II. Pioneer has made quite a name for themselves too while transitioning from analog and vinyl to cd & digital DJ'ing.

This isn't a trounce by any means; what we have is a very healthy competition.
DJ GaFFle 2:25 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

.The NS7 II looks like it'll trump the Pioneer SSX

Not likely. The spinning platters w vinyl top are really the only difference, if someone is coming from cdj's/pioneer brand they aren't going to migrate to the ns7 II. dual deck mode and velocity sensitive pads for sample mode are exclusive to the ddj sx, oh and there's no slip mode on ns7 II. Pioneer has made quite a name for themselves too while transitioning from analog and vinyl to cd & digital DJ'ing.

This isn't a trounce by any means; what we have is a very healthy competition.

Wait a sec...

NS7 II
4-Channel DJ Performance Controller

7” motorized turntables with 3600 ticks of resolution <=== This is always a HUGE advantage in my book
4-channel mixer and 24-bit audio interface built in
16 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC pads from Akai Professional
Capacitive touch-sensitive filter, gain, EQ, and effects knobs
High- and low-torque turntable settings, 33rpm or 45rpm
Comprehensive Loop, Sample, Slicer, and Hot Cue controls
Strip Search™ virtual needle-drop technology
Curve-adjustable CP-Pro crossfader
Dedicated iZotope® effects controls
Rugged all-metal construction <=== No plastic toy construction BUT additional carry weight
Integrated laptop stand
Serato DJ software included
DJ GaFFle 2:26 PM - 24 January, 2013
I'm not sure what 'slip mode' is so I won't even debate that feature.
DJ DisGrace 2:52 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
I'm not sure what 'slip mode' is so I won't even debate that feature.

It's a feature that noobs use to make annoying breaks in the song, but think it sounds cool =P
Dave The One 2:58 PM - 24 January, 2013
Like I said healthy competition. I could sit here and copy and paste feature for feature too. There isn't anything from the above that trounces the ddj-sx.

Im a fan of both; I went from the ns6 to the ddj-sx and I only paid 799 for my ddj sx; I'm in an excellent position to get more than what I paid for my unit and upgrade to the ns7 II but I'm not. NS7 II is awesome but spinning platters and 3600 ticks aren't enough to sway me. Perhaps a scratch dj would appreciate that more. The top center panel for controlling Serato dj is more logically laid out for me on the ddj sx and I've experienced both.

Im surprised about the velocity sensitive feature as it was touted as being exclusive to the ddj sx I guess that was for the moment.

Slip mode allows you to scratch, brake or cue and when you finish or restart (in tge case of braking) the track continues playing on beat.

Hey bro whatever suits you.

Debate? On trouncing? lol

I don't work for either numark or pioneer, I'm just speaking out of my experience with both numark and pioneer and what suits me
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:40 PM - 24 January, 2013
I like the spining platters but from the pics the build quality on the sx looks better and i find the sx a biiiit sexier.....tough call
Certified Quality Entertainment 3:43 PM - 24 January, 2013
I literally just sold off my old mixer and CD players last night as I was going to pick up the SX today. After looking at the Numark controller the only 2 things that would sway me to that side is Pitch bend buttons as the dedicated mic channel. Other than that I would stay with the SX which I will be ordering today/tomorrow.
DJ GaFFle 3:53 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
I literally just sold off my old mixer and CD players last night as I was going to pick up the SX today. After looking at the Numark controller the only 2 things that would sway me to that side is Pitch bend buttons as the dedicated mic channel. Other than that I would stay with the SX which I will be ordering today/tomorrow.

Yea, you're probably right. They seem fairly even (besides the spinning NS7II platter advantage).

Quote:
I like the spining platters but from the pics the build quality on the sx looks better and i find the sx a biiiit sexier.....tough call

The Pioneer unit does look good. I never really paid attention to it.
DJ Cs 4:05 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:

The build quality on the pioneer in no way compares to the NS7. The Pioneer is not all metal (it doesn't affect anything in my opinion), however, the NS7 is known to be a tank as far as build quality among controllers.
SG SOUNDS 4:15 PM - 24 January, 2013
The spinning platters is all the ns72 has over the dx....Im sticking with my dx the size and weight is just right and its a bad ass controller and it also looks more sexier..Cant see how anybody would lug that thing behind them just for spinning platters...
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:18 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Im sticking with my dix the size and weight is just right and its a bad ass and it also looks more sexier..Cant see how anybody would lug that thing behind them...

Certified Quality Entertainment 4:35 PM - 24 January, 2013
Yep...still going to go with the SX in my opinion. My SX will always be in a road case and I am the ONLY one that moves my gear around. If you take care of your gear it will take care of you so i'm not saying build quaility isnt a priority, but i don't think an all metal housing will make or break my decision. Plus smaller and lightweight is a plus when having limited amounts of space in my truck to haul gear around. Every little bit helps when playing tetris in the truck! :)
DJ Cs 4:45 PM - 24 January, 2013
The SX is an awesome machine. Spinning platters is the singular most important feature to me on the controller, everything else is a bonus.

I've tried many times to get into the CDJ feel of things, and can operate it competently, but it just doesn't feel right in the end.
Dave The One 5:25 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
The SX is an awesome machine. Spinning platters is the singular most important feature to me on the controller, everything else is a bonus.

I've tried many times to get into the CDJ feel of things, and can operate it competently, but it just doesn't feel right in the end.

I dig that; no pissing contest. Thats what it's all about; it's about what appeals to each individual which is why Vestax has a big footprint with their smaller controllers. If the NS7 II was an answer to the ddj sx that was a big mistake. I've already spoken to NS7 I users about the pads; they are complaining about the pads taking up space that could have allowed for a bigger platter or a smaller chassis.

I think the pads are a plus on the ns7 II, and I also think it's a hell of a controller to content with.
Papa Midnight 5:34 PM - 24 January, 2013
I like what I see in the Numark NS7II. Hell, I'm considering the possibilities of using it and two V7's for a true 4-deck controller setup.

I especially like that, like the NS7, it does not take away a channel (deck) to use the microphone which has it's own dedicated channel.

That said, there is one small, albeit important aspect of this new unit that I'm weary of: Pitch Resolution. If it's like the NS7's, then I'm all in. But if that pitch resolution is anything like that on the NS6, it's a no go.
Dj Miami Heat 5:41 PM - 24 January, 2013
Available only late summer
Price 1499.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dave The One 5:42 PM - 24 January, 2013
Another thing is people complaining about portability; two 1200's and 2 cdj's in cases and a mixer are no easier to travel with. Venues should start designing booths with dj controllers in mind; like a slide out with the USB, main booth connections to jump right in. maybe a slide out that will cover and protect the turntable and cdj's and fit a controller right on top. Hopefully well be seeing this and more controllers in the booths or room for your own.
Dj Miami Heat 5:46 PM - 24 January, 2013
what is bleep
J.J. 5:48 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
what is bleep

Censor (Temp Reverse). Hold it up, when the F word is finished, release to continue playing.

Also great for tricks. I wish SLIP was there.
Dj Miami Heat 5:49 PM - 24 January, 2013
what is the "manual" on the pads of the ns7 II and monitor off.
Papa Midnight 5:50 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
what is bleep

It's what turns "shit" to "ish".

Quote:
Price 1499.

Watchwww.youtube.com

I suspect, if this is the case, that it will be about $1099.99 to $1199.99 at retail.
Dj Miami Heat 5:50 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
what is bleep

Quote:
Price 1499.

Watchwww.youtube.com

I suspect, if this is the case, that it will be about $1099.99 to $1199.99 at retail.

what do you mean. the guy said 1499?
Dj Miami Heat 5:51 PM - 24 January, 2013
in ddj sx the bleep is pressing slip mode and reverse, same thing
Dj Miami Heat 5:57 PM - 24 January, 2013
WHAT IS "MANUAL" ON NS7 II PLEASEEEE??
Papa Midnight 6:02 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
what is bleep

Quote:
Price 1499.

Watchwww.youtube.com

what do you mean. the guy said 1499?

That's an MSRP, not the actual retail price.

Think of it like the sticker price on a car. It might have an MSRP of $20,000 (just to throw out a number), but chances are you'll roll off the lot having paid no more than $16,500.

I'll remind you that the NS7 itself was MSRP'd for $1599.99 but sold at retail for roughly $1199.99.

The DDJ SX is MSRP'd for $1199.99 but sells at retail for $999.99.

That's not even counting the offset you could get from a wholesaler or warehouse seller (or those of you with connections at Guitar Center).
DJ Cs 6:06 PM - 24 January, 2013
$1499 is a no go, but it will retail for about $1100 after all is said and done.
Dj Miami Heat 6:08 PM - 24 January, 2013
OHHH GOT IT.

dj-freestyle 6:11 PM - 24 January, 2013
You can turn spinning of records off and use like a controller
DJ Cs 6:14 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
OHHH GOT IT.

"Motor Off" turns off the spinning of the records, but I think Manual has to do with the looping and loop size.
DJ Cs 6:16 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
You can turn spinning of records off and use like a controller

Never understood why people who don't like spinning platters, just don't get the best of both worlds and select "Motor Off". This allows it to work like a static controller. Of course there is the weight issue.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:22 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
$1499 is a no go, but it will retail for about $1100 after all is said and done.

www.agiprodj.com
J.J. 6:46 PM - 24 January, 2013
MANUAL is for Manual Looping. Probably something like this:

Prev Loop----Next Loop----Loop On/Off--Loop /2
Loop In-------Loop Out------Reloop--------Loop X2
DJ Cs 7:00 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

www.agiprodj.com

When I say a no go, I mean not for me or many interested as well.

I would definitely stick with the SX for that price.

These stores will always ask for a premium when the product is in pre-launch or hard to find.

The price will be discounted soon, as it always does.
dj-freestyle 7:06 PM - 24 January, 2013
agi always does that then has to change price later. same thing for ddj
DJ GaFFle 12:15 AM - 25 January, 2013
Avatar of the year award goes to RIDDIMNBLUES.
DJH_PGH 12:45 AM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:

Looking at the artwork, my guess is a static platter device with 4 pads above and 4 below it. I doubt very much that layout would be practical to use with the larger spinning platters they have now.

And in any case, just to reiterate, there won't be any new spinning platter devices from any manufacturer at NAMM. The market has spoken. When even Denon have gone static with their last release, you know the battle is over.

Lol! Egg meet face!
DJ Cs 12:49 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Lol! Egg meet face!

There was too large of a market to ignore the spinning platter controller and Numark has a lock on it as far as im concerned.
SG SOUNDS 1:21 PM - 25 January, 2013
Quote:
Avatar of the year award goes to RIDDIMNBLUES.

lol!! thanks
djkurve 12:29 AM - 26 January, 2013
The day a controller with full 12" platters comes out is the day I retire from DJ'ing.... jk...But seriously, I can't wait for that day.
Rebelguy 2:37 AM - 26 January, 2013
The NS7ii felt sold in person but the August release date kills it for me.
DJ Unique 5:27 AM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:

August???
Wow!!!
DJH_PGH 6:16 AM - 26 January, 2013
Not August? Did they say august?
Rebelguy 8:36 AM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:

That's what the rep said at their booth at NAMM.
DJ GaFFle 1:20 PM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Have y'all forgotten how long it took them to come out with the NS7 after it was first introduced? Dudes was pulling they hair out waiting on it.
DJ GaFFle 1:20 PM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Have y'all forgotten how long it took them to come out with the NS7 after it was first introduced? Dudes was pulling they hair out waiting on it.
DJ GaFFle 1:22 PM - 26 January, 2013
^^^ damn cellphone blogging... I didn't do that!
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:09 PM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

LMFAO!!! WHATDITELLYA

Quote:
Quote:

August???
Wow!!!
dj res-q 4:45 PM - 26 January, 2013
AGIPRODJ has a feb/28/13 shipping date
Rebelguy 8:43 PM - 26 January, 2013
Quote:
AGIPRODJ has a feb/28/13 shipping date

Look again.
dj res-q 10:07 PM - 26 January, 2013
o wow,August 1st
DJ Cs 4:56 AM - 27 January, 2013
Is Numark smoking something? That was a ridiculous waste of an announcement at NAMM?

I take that back....obviously they're smarter than the rest of us.
DJH_PGH 6:39 PM - 27 January, 2013
Any word from Numark if they are going to update the ns6 with pads?
Niro 5:28 PM - 28 January, 2013
They should release the CDX.
Niro 5:28 PM - 28 January, 2013
Re-release
DJ GaFFle 5:57 PM - 28 January, 2013
Quote:
They should release the CDX.

Mmmm... naw, I always felt that unit was too big. Something about it didn't seem right to me. The vinyl always looked beat up on units I ran across. They wouldn't have enough room for all of the Denon 3900-type features if they made a 12" spinning platter. A 10" unit (max) will suffice. (nm)
Dave The One 11:53 PM - 28 January, 2013
Other than the NS7 II announcement Namm 2013 sucked. This is probably the worst namm I can remember.
controversial 12:27 AM - 29 January, 2013
I agree with dave!!!
Rebelguy 1:15 AM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:
Other than the NS7 II announcement Namm 2013 sucked. This is probably the worst namm I can remember.

For dj gear yes but there was a lot of other cool stuff there.
DJ Cs 10:02 PM - 29 January, 2013
Still not understanding a January announcement for a product to be released in AUGUST ??
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:19 PM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:
Still not understanding a January announcement for a product to be released in AUGUST ??

What parts confusing the jan or the aug
DJ Cs 10:35 PM - 29 January, 2013
The August. Is it common to have such a long delay of shipment from the initial announcement, particularly for Numark ?
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:57 PM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:
The August. Is it common to have such a long delay of shipment from the initial announcement, particularly for Numark ?

Yes
dj-freestyle 10:59 PM - 29 January, 2013
Thats pretty normal for numark and alot of companys for namm. Very normal
J.J. 12:25 AM - 30 January, 2013
Plus, why buy a DJJ-SX when you can just wait for the NS7ii.

Smart move for Numark. Stealing da thunda!

Wait till August to be in stores by September. Actually using a demo... late October. Or wait till NAMM 2014 to see what Denon has to offer. Vicious cycle.

Based on what users in general are saying about the NS7, I will wait for part duex.
J.J. 12:27 AM - 30 January, 2013
Quote:

Based on what users in general are saying about the NS7, I will wait for part duex.

Based on what Positive Things users are saying about the NS7, I will wait for part duex.

I'm contemplating getting a used NS7 at a really low price NOW.
Dave The One 12:38 AM - 30 January, 2013
Quote:
Plus, why buy a DJJ-SX when you can just wait for the NS7ii.

Smart move for Numark. Stealing da Thunda

Buggin! No way did they steal any thunder and I'm a big fan of Numark/Akai and M-Audio. It's a great piece but no way will it compete with the SX. Im so down to battle someone with an NS7 II when it comes out,
I get nervous just thinking about the damage that those nasty touch sensitive knobs will do in battle lol....
MPC O.G. 4:11 AM - 30 January, 2013
Those non motorized platters are great in a battle. Using non motorized platters in a battle is the same as using sync while rocking a Jesus pose. True story.
Dave The One 4:38 AM - 30 January, 2013
Quote:
Those non motorized platters are great in a battle. Using non motorized platters in a battle is the same as using sync while rocking a Jesus pose. True story.

Yeah it's big like you can do anything with stationary platters....,

youtu.be
Papa Midnight 4:56 AM - 30 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Yes

That's pretty much the norm for many a product these days.
Dave The One 11:18 AM - 30 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

I meant Can't.......
DJ DisGrace 12:06 PM - 30 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

ummmmm.... this is where you post a link to one of your vids LOL
Dave The One 12:30 PM - 30 January, 2013
I dont scratch but I'll still battle!
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:04 PM - 30 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

ummmmm.... this is where you post a link to one of your vids LOL

Quote:
I dont scratch but I'll still battle!

muahahahahaha
maviccf 8:11 PM - 10 January, 2014
check this out
www.planetdj.com
Joee 8:16 PM - 10 January, 2014
whats funny is the website is really taking preorders …lol
djkurve 8:29 PM - 10 January, 2014
Quote:
check this out
www.planetdj.com

Gawd awful Photoshop picture!
dj res-q 8:30 PM - 10 January, 2014
it was a April fools joke
DJ GaFFle 8:31 PM - 10 January, 2014
I got excited for a quick second.

(nm)
J.J. 2:12 AM - 11 January, 2014
Who resurrects a thread from January 30, 2013? Got me all ready to eat popcorn and read about the upcoming TTX Hybrid.

Quote:
Released: April 1, 2012

Unfortunately, the product you wanted to pre-order is not real, and is a figment of our creative DJ's at Planet DJ HQ. While we'd love to be able to sell you the product you just looked at, we can't.