Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Becoming a 1000 dollar paper weight

DjBoozie 6:33 PM - 9 January, 2013
I just recently got a ddx-sx.. I love the controller, however Serato Dj had been giving me some major problems. and since it primarily works with this program it's pointless to mention a work around at this point... I shouldn't have to spend a thousand dollar to have to do anything but what this controller boast about... simple plug and play. Now as before when I started Video mixing it got way to frustrating to hear that nothing was going to be done to improve it's performance. And Now I'm (TRYING TO USE) using Serato DJ.. It feels like this is happening all over again.. I would think/hope that there are going to be some major improvements done SOON, but Before you go into the "we don't have a time frame" or We're working on these issues.. STOP TRYING TO UPDATE OTHER CONTROLLER FOR NATIVE SUPPORT WITH SERATO DJ AND STABILIZE THIS PROGRAM BEFORE YOU GET A LOT MORE PISSED OFF PEOPLE. I've been using Serato products since 2006 so I believe I'm a TRUE supporter of this company, but it's ridiculous that when I go out and spend money i have to run into problem after problem and waiting and waiting for a solution.. People use your products because of the reputation it has, not cause it's the only thing on the market.. there are other choices, But like myself I would like to remain a customer of Serato, but this is becoming a little over bearing
DJ Boom Bap 6:55 PM - 9 January, 2013
It blows that you are having problems, is it just when running video, or just is it audio only also?
raedonquan 7:06 PM - 9 January, 2013
I just plug my sx no problems here. 2009 13" macbook pro. I didnt even do the firmware update. The sx has been flawles.

Can you explain what your sx is doing when doing video. Or can you take a video of what it is doing.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:11 PM - 9 January, 2013
lol try listing your issues! i know people using this controller and works 100% fine for them.
DjBoozie 7:25 PM - 9 January, 2013
Quote:
It blows that you are having problems, is it just when running video, or just is it audio only also

I wouldn't even waste my time and effort one a sub par program like Serato Video.. This is just Audio which pisses me off even more.. I get major drop outs. And sometimes the song would just pause while it's playing and I get the red usb light

Quote:
I just plug my sx no problems here. 2009 13" macbook pro

I have a 2008 MBP 2.6ghz 200 gig hd. So I'm not having this issue with a PC

Quote:
lol try listing your issues! i know people using this controller and works 100% fine for them.

And with all the threads popping up all over this forum.. I'm sure you know just as many who are having so I'm not going to repost the same issues.. And Don't act as though you haven't seen issue of people having problems with none of they're product and nothing being done about it.. And I'm not sure what's the "LOL" is all about
raedonquan 7:33 PM - 9 January, 2013
Mic problem I know.

The audio playing backwards (only 2 people)

The platter (the guy solved it with pluging the unit in a different outlet socket.)

So I guess you have all these problems?
yeahdef 7:35 PM - 9 January, 2013
are you on OS X 10.6.8 or greater?
ernie 7:37 PM - 9 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
It blows that you are having problems, is it just when running video, or just is it audio only also

I wouldn't even waste my time and effort one a sub par program like Serato Video.. This is just Audio which pisses me off even more.. I get major drop outs. And sometimes the song would just pause while it's playing and I get the red usb light

Quote:
I just plug my sx no problems here. 2009 13" macbook pro

I have a 2008 MBP 2.6ghz 200 gig hd. So I'm not having this issue with a PC

Quote:

And with all the threads popping up all over this forum.. I'm sure you know just as many who are having so I'm not going to repost the same issues.. And Don't act as though you haven't seen issue of people having problems with none of they're product and nothing being done about it.. And I'm not sure what's the "LOL" is all about

Works fine for me maybe some people are just picky or perfectionist
DjBoozie 7:46 PM - 9 January, 2013
Quote:

Quote:
some people are just picky or perfectionist

Overall I am, but I couldn't even consider being neither for the simple fact that the song stops during play back.. So if I'm in the middle of a blend and the song pauses and starts back and I train wreck then at that point I am a perfectionist and/or picky
raedonquan 7:53 PM - 9 January, 2013
No thats a problem I havent heard of. You can duplicate this problem everytime you use the sx.
Dave The One 1:05 AM - 10 January, 2013
I have the ddj-sx and it works on 4 separate systems; 1 Windows 7 64 ultimate Dekstop I7 Quad core 2.66GHZ 2x 1TB SATA 7200 rpm Drives 12 gigs ram, 1 HP Envy Beats Edition Windows Pro 64 Sandy Bridge I7 Quad Core W 750gb Sata 7200RPM drive, 8 gigs ram.

Mac OSX 10.7.5 Desktop I7 Quad core 2.66GHZ 2x 1TB SATA 7200 rpm Drives 12 gigs Ram.
Mac Mini 2.66 Core2Duo W 8 gigs ram. Osx 10.7.5

All of my music is stored on an external USB 3.0 7200RPM 750GB Hitachi Touro Mobile pro.

Zero Problems; I played out 5 consecutive weekends for over 4 hours with no problems.

Sounds like you need to update your Hardware. A 200gb HD? 2008? That has to be your first issue; that's a very small drive even an external drive that small is pointless even if it's SSD.

Stop complaining about spending 1000.00 and problem after problem and start opening up help tickets and list each step in order to reproduce the problems that youre having.

Your laptop, that's the first thing you need to get rid of, for about 700.00 you can have an I7 quad core Ivy bridge laptop with a minimum of 750gb 7200rpm hd and 8 gigs ram. and for 99.00 you can get a Hitachi Touro MObile pro 7200RPM usb 3.0 Hard drive.

If you can't afford to buy anything new go to macsales.com and put a good hard drive in that laptop and replace/upgrade the memory. Then retest and troubleshoot.
Dave The One 1:14 AM - 10 January, 2013
Here is the link for upgrades for your particular macbook; very inexpensive;
750gb 7200 rpm hd 74.99 eshop.macsales.com
6gb Ram 119.99
eshop.macsales.com

750GB EXternal usb 2.0/3.0 7200rpm hd. 95.00

This would solve a world of trouble for you. Unless your DDJ SX is the problem. But even so; you should beef up that laptop if you're going to do any serious work.
Dave The One 1:15 AM - 10 January, 2013
^
External HD
www.amazon.com
DjBoozie 1:32 AM - 10 January, 2013
Quote:
Sounds like you need to update your Hardware. A 200gb HD? 2008?

1st off I don't use the hard drive for nothing other what programs need to be loaded on there.. I have a 1.5tb external Seagate go flex hard that I've used for over a year with SSL and Itch and have never had an issue with it before. When i see how a lot of people complained and complained about having issues with they're hard drive.. So the hd on this Mac is in no way hindering anything.. nice try/ I have ran SSL (with a sl2), M.E, Ustream producer, a webcam, Mozilla, all on the same MAC and never had a drop out once..I have had a TTM57 I use on the same MAC and never had this issue. So My MAC is more then capable of handling a load..Nice try.. I'm not complaining about sending 1000.00 on a controller.. I'm complaining about the horrible track record that Serato has with putting out a product that not fully functional. Nice try.. I have help countless amount of people on this forum and personal friends with they're serato to know what I'm doing. Nice try.. And believe me I don't need any links to point me the right direction on a hard drive.. Nice try.. Go through these forum and look for yourself about all the problems people are having with the program and not the controller and the equipment they're using and I'm sure your see what I'm talking about... but thanks anyway
DjBoozie 1:36 AM - 10 January, 2013
Quote:
Unless your DDJ SX is the problem. But even so; you should beef up that laptop if you're going to do any serious work.

The work I do is serious just play regular audio is less taxing on any sub par laptop should get a audio drop out.. I'm not sure your whether or not your trying to be a smart ass but I'm going to take it as though your not, But your should have a little more knowledge about stuff before you go and try and assist anyone
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:38 AM - 10 January, 2013
Wtf has size of harddrive goto do with anything? Sure suggesting he gets an ssd for lightening performance is one thing. He prob just needs todo a fresh install of the os and do some tweeks like turn off sms. Turn off bluetooth and wifi.

Crucial memory. for 8gb ram £35 delivered. So check them out. But remember serato software only uses 1.2gb ram then crashes so i cant see that helping much but is a cheap upgrade so worth the try.

And yes its true you could have a dodgy ddj-sx can you try with another one or try someone elses laptop with the ddj-sx??

Also obviouse but make sure all your power setting are in high performance and make sure screen/harddrive sleep is off.

Also a good app to install is smf fan controll install that and run the fans on full when djing will help keep temp. Down.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:40 AM - 10 January, 2013
Also 99% of issues on macs in a dodgy ps or hard drive normally external.

Also have you tried todo a disk permisions repair???
Dave The One 1:40 AM - 10 January, 2013
I would still upgrade the Hard Drive and Memory. Very small cost. No i'm not trying to be a smart ass. If you think a 200gb HD and 2 gigs ram is good enough for professional work; more power to you.

Best of luck.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:41 AM - 10 January, 2013
Dodgy OS.
Dave The One 1:42 AM - 10 January, 2013
Quote:
Also 99% of issues on macs in a dodgy ps or hard drive normally external.

Also have you tried todo a disk permisions repair???

Absolutely.
DjBoozie 1:51 AM - 10 January, 2013
I guess your assuming I only have 2gigs of ram.. Actually I have 4gigs.. Dude I have been threw all this like 2 years ago when I started doing Video's .. When I starting visiting these forum I learned a lot about what it takes to runs these program smoothly.. it's not the controller or the MAC. You know have many people have had issues with newer mac cause the OS wasn't compatible with serato mixer, and program

Quote:
And yes its true you could have a dodgy ddj-sx can you try with another one or try someone elses laptop with the ddj-sx??

I have a buddy who has one.. I'll give that a shot.. thanks
DjBoozie 2:18 AM - 10 January, 2013
serato.com Read this

Or better yet.. Try this one serato.com
pdidy 4:42 AM - 10 January, 2013
@ DjBoozie , so what was Serato's response to your Help Request in regards to the issues you're having ?
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:18 AM - 10 January, 2013
Quote:
serato.com Read this

Or better yet.. Try this one serato.com

What have these got todo with anything?

Really just try every thing i have already mentioned. I'm sure you will get it all sorted out.
DjBoozie 1:08 PM - 10 January, 2013
As stated before... My MBP is not the issue. Even the Serato MODs are having this issue as seen in this thread serato.com as also stated as before.. this has to be a software issue

Quote:
What have these got to do with anything?

This has everything to to do with the problem I have cause I'm not the only one who's having this issue
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:03 PM - 10 January, 2013
Now that link has more todo with your issue.

So another test you can try is use a win7 pc plug your hdd in and your ddj-sx now see if that works totally fine.

P.s thanks for posting that link now tracking that.
Dave The One 2:09 PM - 10 January, 2013
DJ Boozie; regardless of how rude you have been to everyone trying to help you, I would like to see this problem you are having resolved.
From the link above that you posted
I find Serato's post particularly interesting.
Quote:

There hasn't been any specific bug fixes related to this as it's not always easy to reproduce this and is most likely related to only some computers and there are a number of factors which can contribute to these kinds of issues. We are gathering information for users as to there computer spec's, external HD spec's, Database size (the amount of music/video files/crates within the library) and USB port types.
Another question would be the size of your Database maybe testing with the Activity monitor open and running to see what your CPU and HD is doing at the time of dropouts. You can find Activity Monitor in Applications > Utilities.

Regards
Dave W

One of the first things they point out are the computers specs, external hd specs. Once again; I would try upgrading the Hard drive and I would try different memory. I've done this many times to troubleshoot different systems for daws and dj programs and returned for a full refund in only two cases. The other times it was just what was needed and between macsales, amazon and newegg I now have a particular list for specific internal hard drive brands and internal memory for macs.

Anyhow, This issue also seems to be rampant with those who updated to Serato DJ 1.1; I never updated to 1.1 because I didn't have any problems.

Are you using Serato DJ 1.1? If you are, have you tried using 1.0 to see if you have the same problems?

I experienced a very strange problem with a macbook pro and a mac mini 2 years later with pro tools. One resolution given to me by a digidesign tech was to reset NVRAM/PRAM support.apple.com

We were able to get an out of warranty Macbook Pro replaced; Apple never let us know why they decided to replace it but digidesign tech troubleshooting led to what I believe was a problem with somehting on the logic board. This didn't happen with the mac mini; once I did that reset; it's been working ever since.

This is just a flare shot in the dark; may not be relevant or help for this issue but it's worth a try.
Dave The One 2:19 PM - 10 January, 2013
I also have the DDJ SX and my laptop connected to this power strip (I have two fixed to the same wall outlet in my home and I use one to travel with and exclusively use it when there is a free outlet.

When you are playing out; do you look at the power conditioners? Did it happen at other venues?

I'm also seeing that people are saying they had no problems at home or didn't have a problem for an hour and then all of a sudden they had a problem. Could be a problem with power supply being interrupted.

Just sayin....
Dave The One 2:20 PM - 10 January, 2013
^ Power strip that I was referring to; www.amazon.com

nice try?
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:47 PM - 10 January, 2013
ya cheap ass mains powere hand remotes for smoke machines or air-con / fridge/freezers on same supply as the mac can give you issues.
DjBoozie 2:49 PM - 10 January, 2013
Never Am I Rude.. You just came across as though you was trying to tell me that my laptop was a piece of shit. My hard drive although appears to be small has nothing on it but program.. And since I've use this same laptop with SSL & Itch...even though Searto stated that Itch was a CPU hog.. Never had this problem.. NEVER.. And also stated by Searto That Serato dj is also a CPU hog.. this has nothing to do with my hardware....I shouldn't have to go out and get extra shit just to run a new program
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:55 PM - 10 January, 2013
of corse you should if the program does more and needs more power!!!! but we not saying your mac is pile shit just needs some tlc and abit of a service/upgrade.

i have the vestax vci-380 so i feel your pain i have usb dropouts at times not to bad now tho. and that has NEVER been fixed by serato. infact none of the vestax bugs have been fixed since it was released in june!!!! So i do feel your pain but we are just trying to help.
DjBoozie 3:00 PM - 10 January, 2013
I can dig it gentlemen and thanks for the help.. hopefully this problem is fixed considering the MODs are having the same problems with the unit
Dave The One 3:22 PM - 10 January, 2013
Cool, There's on venue that I play where my controller stays home and I just bring cd's; I don't use Serato because things like what you mention happen; freezes, audio dropouts. I could see their power conditioners fluctuate from time to time; the lights don't even flicker but I can see otherwise. CDJ 1000's mk II and a Denon DN 2500f, 1200's and a urei mixer. That shit keeps me rooted; you start having visions and shit; a ddj sx with rotary fader option, spinning platters, a button to stop them from spinning and operate in it's current state (like a cdj)

Anyhow, hope it gets sorted.

More Cpu intensive; hmmmm.
Perhaps this is why the Bridge for Itch never materialized and won't either for Serato DJ. The only difference between SSL and DJ would be the analog control signal/time code. Scratching my head, what do I know?

Interesting.
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:08 PM - 10 January, 2013
i still call BULLSHIT on this itch dj uses more than ssl. WHY? because a rane 68 and cdj-2000s is more midi and sound and software features than itch or dj! but i'm no software programmer so who knows lol.
DjBoozie 4:33 PM - 10 January, 2013
I run into a lot of problems when i use my NanoKontrol 2.. I see a lot of usb red lights and I'm not even touching the controller.. So i can see where the High CPU could come from.. Still doesn't make it better though
Dave The One 4:34 PM - 10 January, 2013
^
I concur, which is why I scratch my head and say "what do I know"?

Sounds like BS to me too
Dave The One 4:35 PM - 10 January, 2013
Sorry that was in response to Lj Woolsey....
pdidy 6:32 PM - 10 January, 2013
Quote:
@ DjBoozie , so what was Serato's response to your Help Request in regards to the issues you're having ?
DjBoozie 6:44 PM - 10 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I never made one.. I just started following one from one that somebody else made... Makes no since to start something that was already brought to there attention. they are aware of the problem and they said since it's happening on different system they could troubleshoot the problem.. And they're working on it.. So i guess I have to wait and see if this will be addressed some time in the near future
pdidy 6:53 PM - 10 January, 2013
Quote:
I never made one..

oh I see, you never made one.......smh
DjBoozie 8:51 PM - 10 January, 2013
Quote:
smh

What are you shaking your head for?

They clearly said not to make duplicate help request.. So if your not going to follow the rules then why shake your head?
pdidy 10:59 PM - 10 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
smh

What are you shaking your head for?

Because I believe you need to submit a help request of your own. While some issues may appear to be the same as others it can not be confirmed without being diagnosed by a mod. As a matter of fact serato mods encourage us to open our own help request in order to get the best help possible. I dont believe that you or I are qualified to make this determination.
Quote:

They clearly said not to make duplicate help request..

Ive never seen this before, were was it stated ? Was it stated to you in a thread addressing your issue ?
DjBoozie 4:31 AM - 11 January, 2013
Quote:
Ive never seen this before, were was it stated ? Was it stated to you in a thread addressing your issue ?

serato.com
at the bottom of this is where it's started
pdidy 4:37 AM - 11 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com
at the bottom of this is where it's started

"Please use the search before creating a new discussion, you may find the idea has already been suggested. Showing your support for the idea in the existing thread is a much better way to have the """"""feature"""" considered."
The key word is feature, this does not apply to help requests.
DjBoozie 4:50 AM - 11 January, 2013
So i should make a help ticket on something that already has a help ticket? On something that they are fully aware of? I mean help me out on this one
DjBoozie 4:58 AM - 11 January, 2013
They are aware of this issue and has stated that it could be a software issue.. So does make sense to make a completely different help request on an issue that has been brought to they're attention
Dave The One 1:49 PM - 11 January, 2013
^

U my friend do not want real help; bitching and moaning instead of opening a help ticket will not resolve your issue.
phatbob 2:18 PM - 11 January, 2013
You should ABSOLUTELY open a help ticket for every support issue, even if a dozen people have the same issue.

By making a proper help request, you have to detail your system specs and particular circumstances, and that is data which Serato can use to help isolate and identify the cause of bugs.

Having a moan in the General Discussion area doesn't help you or anyone else.
Rhodesy 2:53 PM - 11 January, 2013
i think serato should do away with the general discussions forums its turned into nothing but moaning and bullying

i myself suffer from usb drop outs on both mac and pc!! Im aware that alot of others have posted so myself never saw the need to post something about it in a help thread up until i read phatbob comment!! Its very true the more help threads and system data serato gets the better they can reslove the bugs!! I didnt think of it in this way until today

off to make a help thread
Rhodesy 3:02 PM - 11 January, 2013
P.S i would hardly call it a paper weight that is going to far!!

Its early builds and from what ive seen when they iron out a few issues which lets be real its only been out 2 months its going to be awesome software

the layout is just way better than traktor imo
SH3PARD 4:38 PM - 11 January, 2013
whens the next update due ?
ernie 4:42 PM - 11 January, 2013
Quote:
^

U my friend do not want real help; bitching and moaning instead of opening a help ticket will not resolve your issue.

agree
DjBoozie 8:08 PM - 11 January, 2013
Quote:

Well since it's primary use is with SeratoDJ only is why it's considered becoming a paper weight... If I wanted to spend another 1k dollars I could've just went out and got a new mixer Instead of getting this controller

Quote:
Its early builds and from what ive seen when they iron out a few issues which lets be real its only been out 2 months its going to be awesome software

Honestly if your going to put something out and it's only at 85% of it's capacity as far as working correctly.. Build up all this hype about it and piss off SO many people as they have so far.. Then they shouldn't or should've waited to bring it out.. Not put it out on some trial and error type shit you would have a lot more satisfied customers
Quote:
whens the next update due ?

Giving the track record of Serato and it's already been said.. No time frame can/will be giving

Quote:

What would make you think i wouldn't want help.. I'm going to take your advise and make this help ticket.. i want you and your buddies to track it alone with me and see what the end result will be
Quote:

Quote:
^

agree

Actually no one asked you.. Now sometimes it better not to say nothing then anything at all

Quote:
You should ABSOLUTELY open a help ticket for every support issue, even if a dozen people have the same issue.

I'm on it
DjBoozie 8:18 PM - 11 January, 2013
serato.com

Help ticket made.. Please join along and track this discussion with me
SH3PARD 8:21 PM - 11 January, 2013
DjBoozie i see were u are coming from you as most of us do expect a cretin level of performance from Pioneer & Serato ..

i was using my brothers CDJ2000 tonight and the accuracy of them is spot on thats y they are INDUSTRY STANDARD thats y they are in all the clubs all over the world

when buying in to Pioneer u expect this kind of performance from there NEW FLAGSHIP CONTROLLER

all that said i bought my one 2 months back now and using it with Traktor feels worse but holds a mix properly like the cdj2000 do... that being said i dont think its a hardware issue @ all with regards to the DDJ SX

This is just 1 issue from me a disappointing performance from the software side of my purchase (REGARDING ACCURACY OF HOW 2 TRACKS SIT TOGETHER IN THE MIX)
SH3PARD 8:23 PM - 11 January, 2013
i hope the next update from serato dj fixes my issue
DjBoozie 8:26 PM - 11 January, 2013
Quote:
when buying in to Pioneer u expect this kind of performance from there NEW FLAGSHIP CONTROLLER
I honestly don't believe it's the unit.. It's the software that's causing the problems. And until it's solid these problems are going to keep happening
pdidy 10:00 PM - 11 January, 2013
Quote:
Honestly if your going to put something out and it's only at 85% of it's capacity as far as working correctly.. Build up all this hype about it and piss off SO many people as they have so far.. Then they shouldn't or should've waited to bring it out.. Not put it out on some trial and error type shit you would have a lot more satisfied customers

In a perfect world you would be 100 % correct but the reality is its not. Now dont think for a second that im excusing Serato because thats not my point here. My point here is that we as users have to accept responsibility for the decisions we make when choosing gear. These choices directly reflect on us when we preform live and NOT on serato. The people that hire us do not want to here excuses about serato, all they no is that YOU failed. We have no choice but to accept that responsibly.

So when we purchase new untested gear we are basically accepting the issues that can potentially come with it (and they will). You are the Beta tester if you must have that new gear early. If you do this be prepared for issues because..... This is the price you pay.

Now if you are not willing to pay that price........wait, be patient and research. Dont buy until it reaches YOUR standard of approval. This applies to serato and any other product.

I love serato but even they are not above this rule.
pdidy 10:09 PM - 11 January, 2013
@ DjBoozie, this is more a general comment not bashing to you or your choices.
djallstyle 10:25 PM - 11 January, 2013
Quote:

the layout is just way better than traktor imo

Yo!!!! Where is that battle video???? Yeah, found cha!!!! Post it!!!! Where is it fam????? Oh yeah, Happy New Year too!!!! lol....
DjBoozie 10:31 PM - 11 January, 2013
Dj Allstyle from chicago?
DjBoozie 10:42 PM - 11 January, 2013
Quote:
In a perfect world you would be 100 % correct but the reality is its not. Now dont think for a second that im excusing Serato because thats not my point here. My point here is that we as users have to accept responsibility for the decisions we make when choosing gear. These choices directly reflect on us when we preform live and NOT on serato. The people that hire us do not want to here excuses about serato, all they no is that YOU failed. We have no choice but to accept that responsibly.

So when we purchase new untested gear we are basically accepting the issues that can potentially come with it (and they will). You are the Beta tester if you must have that new gear early. If you do this be prepared for issues because..... This is the price you pay.

Now if you are not willing to pay that price........wait, be patient and research. Dont buy until it reaches YOUR standard of approval. This applies to serato and any other product.

I love serato but even they are not above this rule.

And your right about all this.. I have been down this road with Video SL when I first started doing Video Mixing and I was using VSL. So I kinda know the bumps and bruises Serato can dish out... Like I started before I have been using their product since 2006 and have hesitated when I seen a new update come out.. I stayed with 2.0 for the longest of time cause I was fully aware of the problem all the other update was causing. But you would think they would have a little bit more concern about this program before putting it out to the public and hyping it up... As far as going to to test it in the clubs is something I would never do cause i don't want to have nothing go wrong while I'm doing a set... That's why i never got rid of my SL2 and still won't.. Still carry it in my bag at all times, But I'm looking at it from a convenience stand point at this stage in the game. You get a lot of catz who would still go out and use something that have flaws like this program does and don't give a hoot about anything going wrong.. I'm just not that guy, But honestly thanks for your insight
pdidy 10:47 PM - 11 January, 2013
Quote:
You get a lot of catz who would still go out and use something that have flaws like this program does and don't give a hoot about anything going wrong.. I'm just not that guy,
Glad to hear that.......I just dont get them dudes that do it......
djallstyle 2:36 AM - 12 January, 2013
Quote:

Yes, Whats good?
pdidy 6:56 AM - 14 January, 2013
@ DjBoozie, according to your help request it appears your issue is resolved ?
DjBoozie 11:40 AM - 14 January, 2013
Yeah like i said.. I went back to 1.0 and it seems to have solved the problems.. So Since it went over with any problems.. chances are that unless that make some major changes to the program.. I'll stick with 1.0 for a long time.. if it ain't broke don't fix it
djemdub 12:59 PM - 14 January, 2013
Lol somebody on the thread had suggested trying 1.0 and see if the problems were there too.
Dave The One 1:36 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
DJ Boozie; regardless of how rude you have been to everyone trying to help you, I would like to see this problem you are having resolved.

Anyhow, This issue also seems to be rampant with those who updated to Serato DJ 1.1; I never updated to 1.1 because I didn't have any problems.

Are you using Serato DJ 1.1? If you are, have you tried using 1.0 to see if you have the problems

Yeah I suggested that days ago!

Your Welcome!
djemdub 1:41 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Are you using Serato DJ 1.1? If you are, have you tried using 1.0 to see if you have the problems

Yeah I suggested that days ago!

Your Welcome!

he won't be saying "nice try" to that one lol
DjBoozie 6:54 PM - 14 January, 2013
Yes thank you Dave... And thanks for following this thread DjEmdub
djemdub 2:37 AM - 15 January, 2013
Quote:

Glad to see everything was sorted out for you!that's what these forums are for :)
DjBoozie 3:01 AM - 15 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Glad to see everything was sorted out for you!that's what these forums are for :)

Yeah I know. That's why I've been on them for close to 3 years now
Dave The One 3:07 AM - 15 January, 2013
I've been on for almost a decade; learned alot throughout the years, my biggest shock/surprise was Serato promising me that scratch studio edition (rtas) would be updated and after a year of promises they just closed the thread and killed SSE. it is my feeling the same will happen to the bridge.

Anyway glad ur back in business.
DjBoozie 3:22 AM - 15 January, 2013
Quote:
it is my feeling the same will happen to the bridge.

Same reason why a lot of people switched from VSL/Serato Video to Mix Emergency
Dave The One 3:25 AM - 15 January, 2013
This was back in 2005 when I was very enthusiastic about the scratch studio plugin,
I ended up purchasing it and got stuck with no update.

I now have protools 10, Wouldnt it he nice if they finally updated the plugin.

Anyway here is the abrupt ending after they promised an update for a year.

serato.com
dj lashes 5:54 AM - 15 January, 2013
Quote:
If you think a 200gb HD and 2 gigs ram is good enough for professional work; more power to you.

Best of luck.

+1
i never had any issues with my mbp 4gig 2.4 ghz i5 but just to be on the safe side got a 8gig 2.9 ghz i7 on the way before i get in to video mixing
maviccf 8:14 PM - 15 January, 2013
Have you tried re-analyzing your files? the only issue I have had with serato updates is that With every major update I have to create new libraries. recently I have to re-analyze quite a few files cause the V2 database was corrupted. If you have been jumping from one version to another or from SL to itch front and back or right and left with out re-working your libraries, that could explain your audio problems. Since I moved from cd format to controller format I realize that even working with computers you have to do some maintenance to your computer and files, same thing we had to do on the past working with cd's, burning new copies or cleaning reader lenses, etc.
Please Don't Blame the software or the hardware if you have isues, all you have you to do is start from ground zero and run the basics.
And another suggestion, you system works better if you use an external hard drive for storage, is gonna take extra work from you lap top away and on MAC systems when you have a corrupted file is just gonna skip it instead of freezing the process.
I know some users dont have this issues, yours or mine, because of the size of their libraries and the source of their files. Think about that,
good luck to you.
pdidy 8:45 PM - 15 January, 2013
Quote:
Have you tried re-analyzing your files? the only issue I have had with serato updates is that With every major update I have to create new libraries. recently I have to re-analyze quite a few files cause the V2 database was corrupted. If you have been jumping from one version to another or from SL to itch front and back or right and left with out re-working your libraries, that could explain your audio problems. Since I moved from cd format to controller format I realize that even working with computers you have to do some maintenance to your computer and files, same thing we had to do on the past working with cd's, burning new copies or cleaning reader lenses, etc.
Please Don't Blame the software or the hardware if you have isues, all you have you to do is start from ground zero and run the basics.
And another suggestion, you system works better if you use an external hard drive for storage, is gonna take extra work from you lap top away and on MAC systems when you have a corrupted file is just gonna skip it instead of freezing the process.
I know some users dont have this issues, yours or mine, because of the size of their libraries and the source of their files. Think about that,
good luck to you.

I have a strange suspicion you did not read the entire thread.......lol
maviccf 9:40 PM - 15 January, 2013
I read most of it, but still my comments are made in a general way, most users have the same problems with out realizing the origin of the issues when you do major updates on software and don't do any maintenance on files or hardware, any way, I just tried to help.
nice one everybody
pdidy 9:51 PM - 15 January, 2013
Point taken, Good recommendations for all.
DjBoozie 12:39 PM - 16 January, 2013
Thanks a lot for your help, But I loaded 1.0 back onto to my Laptop and it ran find.. So I'm going to stick with that for now or a long time... Unless they do some major updates... Now going to change
DjBoozie 12:40 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, Whats good?

Everything is good man.. I got dem battle Video's ready for you son!!!!!!!
djallstyle 12:52 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, Whats good?

That wasn't for you, it was for Rhodesy. He dissed & challenged Dominic Carter, some weeks ago(another post) & he has never apologized for the ish talk or posted a better video on the DDJ SX. So when I see him post, I often quote him & ask "Where's the video @?" It's really funny to me, that's all...
If you want to post, I'll look @ it..... I don't battle.... Lol
djallstyle 12:56 PM - 16 January, 2013
@Dj Boozie.... My bad here's the link I was referring to when I see Rhodesy on here from time to time.... It's fun, just picking @ him. Nothing serious!!!!

serato.com/forum/discussion/853261#new
pdidy 1:38 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
@Dj Boozie.... My bad here's the link I was referring to when I see Rhodesy on here from time to time.... It's fun, just picking @ him. Nothing serious!!!!

serato.com
pdidy 1:39 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, Whats good?

post it anyway
Rhodesy 4:07 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:

haha i still aint bowed down to the pear pressure tho! If fairness i cant be arssed to post a video (my dick is bigger than yours rubbish)
djallstyle 5:34 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

haha i still aint bowed down to the pear pressure tho! If fairness i cant be arssed to post a video (my dick is bigger than yours rubbish)

I see, talking reckless is your thing! However, feel free to post your video response to Dominic Carter. In that thread talked a lot of ish, just back it up! In my eyes you're a comedic character, so I just pick @ U for fun. I don't care, it won't make me any difference. BTW ..... I'm not interested in private parts, just if U run your mouth, back it up. Have a great day!
DjBoozie 9:04 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
I don't battle.... Lol

Yeah right... I'm sure a lot of these catz really wouldn't want to see you on this level anyway

Quote:
Was a bit disapointed in hearing HOUSE not knocking you but every dj seems to be jumping on the house thing at the moment

@ Rhodesy That music that you call House music.. Ain't house music.. That's high energy crap!!!!!!!
pdidy 9:10 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

aaaw C'mon Rhodesy , I had faith in you ....say it aint so...lol
djallstyle 10:01 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rhodesy won't do it... I had faith too. I really wanted to see a little battle. Not some BS WoofWoof (ChicagoSlang) that he sold us on that thread. Oh well, now he wants to mention/compare body parts(very rainbow ish)??????? C'mon Man!! Post the battle video or you should apologize to Dominic Carter like a man......Lmao!!!!! Watch this!!!! "TRICKS R 4 KIDS!!!! Yes, I'm calling U a TRICK!!(more ChicagoSlang) LOL!!!!!!
DjBoozie 2:18 AM - 17 January, 2013
Serato Forum slang... You jacking my thread?
Rhodesy 11:53 AM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
I don't battle.... Lol

Yeah right... I'm sure a lot of these catz really wouldn't want to see you on this level anyway

Quote:
Was a bit disapointed in hearing HOUSE not knocking you but every dj seems to be jumping on the house thing at the moment

@ Rhodesy That music that you call House music.. Ain't house music.. That's high energy crap!!!!!!!

so this isnt house??

soundcloud.com

mate this is 100% house in the uk lol
Rhodesy 11:53 AM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

sorry to disapoint mr diddy lol
Rhodesy 11:54 AM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I see, talking reckless is your thing! However, feel free to post your video response to Dominic Carter. In that thread talked a lot of ish, just back it up! In my eyes you're a comedic character, so I just pick @ U for fun. I don't care, it won't make me any difference. BTW ..... I'm not interested in private parts, just if U run your mouth, back it up. Have a great day!

all good in the name of fun lol

i would have a good day if the dam weather went about -3 but cheers anyway lol
Rhodesy 11:55 AM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rhodesy won't do it... I had faith too. I really wanted to see a little battle. Not some BS WoofWoof (ChicagoSlang) that he sold us on that thread. Oh well, now he wants to mention/compare body parts(very rainbow ish)??????? C'mon Man!! Post the battle video or you should apologize to Dominic Carter like a man......Lmao!!!!! Watch this!!!! "TRICKS R 4 KIDS!!!! Yes, I'm calling U a TRICK!!(more ChicagoSlang) LOL!!!!!!

never been called a trick before but i like it :)
DjBoozie 12:16 PM - 17 January, 2013
was that link suppose to take me somewhere cause it didn't.. could you repost it again
djallstyle 12:31 PM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

never been called a trick before but i like it :)

Lol... Take care fam..All goody!!!
Rhodesy 1:41 PM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
was that link suppose to take me somewhere cause it didn't.. could you repost it again

the links working for me but here you go

soundcloud.com
Rhodesy 1:48 PM - 17 January, 2013
Back to the topic

the usb drop outs stopped for me when i rolled back to 1.0

as 1.0 was released only for the sx surely all these drop out issues are because of the other controller intergrations??

is there not a way to seperate the program for specific controllers may just stop the drop outs for the time being untill you guys have coded a unbugged version???

just a thought before anyone calls me stupid lol
DjBoozie 3:46 PM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
the links working for me but here you go

Yeah it takes me to MY DASHBOARD on Sound Cloud.. So if that's the link that your referring to then it works!!!!
SlimDiggedy 3:09 AM - 19 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Overall I am, but I couldn't even consider being neither for the simple fact that the song stops during play back.. So if I'm in the middle of a blend and the song pauses and starts back and I train wreck then at that point I am a perfectionist and/or picky

I get about a half a second pause seems about every 4hrs or so as well. But it's on both decks.
nik39 6:27 PM - 19 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I get about a half a second pause seems about every 4hrs or so as well. But it's on both decks.

Happens too for me. Occasionally.
Dave The One 9:07 PM - 19 January, 2013
Too bad; myself and many others have zero problems.