Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Setting up Ableton Bridge on separate channel

Product
The Bridge
Version
Ableton 8.2
Scratch Live
Hardware
Rane Sixty-Two
Host
Scratch Live
Version
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
JINX 10:20 PM - 6 January, 2013
On my Rane 68 mixer I would normally set up my APC and Ableton software on channel 3 or 4 of the mixer. Now that I've totally decided to go with nothing other than the Rane 62, I'm having some difficulty as to setting up Ableton (the bridge) on it's own channel. Is there a way to do this and if so, can you please help?

Thanks.
Xfade 7:22 PM - 7 January, 2013
You can use the Aux channel for the bridge, it should be one of the options in the channel selection :)
JINX 8:16 PM - 7 January, 2013
NICE!!! Thanks for the input Xfade. I'll try this out tonight once I get home.
Serato, Support
Scott S 12:57 AM - 9 January, 2013
Hi there JINX,

Yes you should be able to assign The Bridge to output using the Aux channel. Just select the Aux in The Bridge transport panel.

Cheers
JINX 8:17 PM - 11 January, 2013
Thanks Scott, I tried messing with the AUX adjustment last night but had to prepare for my gig tonight, so I'll will definitely test it out tomorrow and keep you posted.
djgrits7 11:02 PM - 11 January, 2013
ok so i have 57 and realize this isn't possible but for all you 62 owners out there, what's the advantage of having an aux input for the bridge rather than the setup on my 57? is it just clicking sync 1 or sync2 rather than going below and "hitting l or r for sound output on my 57 mixer?

thanks guys!
phatbob 12:02 AM - 12 January, 2013
Having the sound from Ableton coming through a 3rd/AUX channel means you have full control over the level seperately, and you don't need to worry about accidentally turning it off with the crossfader.

It's a lot less to think about.

Obviously if you only use the ATC, it's not relevant. But the Bridge comes alive when you can use both decks AND Ableton together smoothly.
JINX 9:37 PM - 15 January, 2013
Ok guys, I have another issue.
I set my 62 up with the APC40 and began rocking out using the bridge in the "AUX" channel. I began my mix on the Left hand deck (Sync 1), I then initialized a clip. Everything flowed so smoothly.
I then made the transition to the Right Hand deck (Sync 2). THIS IS WHERE IT GOT FUNKY!!

When I initialized the clip in Sync 2, the clip began to play in quad-ripple time.
So basically the track on my right hand deck was playing at 80 BPM and the clip was the SAME exact tempo (80 BPM) however, it sounds as though the Ableton clip was actually playing at 240 BPM. Has anyone had this issue??
Code:E 2:39 AM - 13 March, 2013
Quote:
Ok guys, I have another issue.
I set my 62 up with the APC40 and began rocking out using the bridge in the "AUX" channel. I began my mix on the Left hand deck (Sync 1), I then initialized a clip. Everything flowed so smoothly.
I then made the transition to the Right Hand deck (Sync 2). THIS IS WHERE IT GOT FUNKY!!

When I initialized the clip in Sync 2, the clip began to play in quad-ripple time.
So basically the track on my right hand deck was playing at 80 BPM and the clip was the SAME exact tempo (80 BPM) however, it sounds as though the Ableton clip was actually playing at 240 BPM. Has anyone had this issue??

yes. no fix yet
punchisdj 12:43 AM - 14 March, 2013
Clear your song bpm and add it again also set up the grid again, excuse my english is not good at all
Code:E 1:06 AM - 14 March, 2013
Quote:
Clear your song bpm and add it again also set up the grid again, excuse my english is not good at all

That wont fix his problem

what you could do (and need to do) JINX is, lets say you have ableton synced to deck 1. your deck 1 track ends you need to tell ableton to goto INT mode. then it will stay at the same bpm. And at that point you can load a new track into deck one and keep play. DON'T try to jump it to deck 2 at this point. It wont work I have tried and you get the same result you where having before.

This is why I will only use the bridge if i have 3 decks available. I will load the ableton track into my 3rd deck and put serato in a mode where i can only see 2 decks. There is no need to see the waveform marks of ableton because they are only lines and we all should be able to beat match by ear. Having ableton on its own deck is the only way i have found to play with it in a usable fashion.
JINX 7:43 PM - 20 May, 2013
Sorry for the delayed response guys. I had given up on the bridge for a while but now that I am getting back into doing House (electro) I looked into what you told me Code E. It does work the way you explained it but it's a lot to remember!! If I'm doing a House night and I get really into the night and get AMPED up, I wont remember..!there's got to be an easier way..!! I know you mentioned using a 3rd deck, but to me, that's what the APC is there for. I'm goig to shoot a video and send it to you. I think I have a solution but I have to try it first.

Thanks for the help guys.
Serato, Support
Matt P 4:08 AM - 23 May, 2013
JINX,

Sorry to hear you are no longer using the bridge, We'll be here to help if you have more questions.
Code:E has some great points. 3 decks is definitely the optimum situation for The Bridge set up. Finding the workflow that works best for is a bit of a journey. Would like to see a video of how you use it too.

Matt P
Code:E 4:51 PM - 23 May, 2013
Quote:
Finding the workflow that works best for is a bit of a journey.

But sooooo worth the time and effort.
Serato, Support
Matt P 2:56 AM - 28 May, 2013
Alright i'm gonna close this up, but feel free to open it up if you need to.

Matt P